Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Torn in between. [Zennarion & Covert]

Status
Not open for further replies.
C

Covert Revulsion

It was a solemn night in the Kingdom of Elsinore. Stars dotted along the sky, the moon shown confidently into the night. People flooded the streets, stopping buy stands to buy things whether it to be to eat, articles of clothing, toys for children, or accessories. There were stages along the street, people performing trick that impressed other, dancing, music, the boisterous laugh from people watching a joker. She was aware she wasn't supposed to grow to caught up in the festival.

Trista gazed deeply at the curtain before her, deep in though obviously and remaining still. She was mere moments away from performing a dance, something she often did almost every year since she was 13, now she was 21. Her blue hues contained a mixture of violet, a color she was fond of though had no relation to why she had such eye color. Perhaps the fact because she was a sorceress, and had magic coursing through her veins.

Though that was no big deal at the moment. Within the kingdom of Elsinore, all the cities celebrated today, for the king's birthday and the establishment of the city, quite a coincidence. Her inky black hair was brought up into a half pony-tail style, clothing consisted of a lilac colored tube top, along with a matching colored skirt. She also wore a large gold necklace, along with a choker necklace and earrings to match her attire.

Her choice of dance was more... exotic then the form of dance you would see at balls. She was obviously different from most women. Trista preferred pants over skirts and dresses [Though the festival was an exception], fighting rather then learning how to walk properly. Though that didn't mean she was mannered, and of course, was polite to other. Those were just her choice in preference, despite many frowning upon her way of living.

The young woman was skilled in dancing, and being a sorceress.

Tyler sighed softly as he walked between all of the stages, he knew that today was the kings birthday, but he still hadn't got a place to sleep for the night. He stopped in front of a scene, and then looked up at a 'magician'. Eventhough Tyler could see that he wasn't a real magician. He was a fake, like most of the other ones here who tried to use magic. He let out a soft sigh, before he then then looked up at the sky, why had he been so unlucky to get here tonight? So far he hadn't seen any open inn's.

Luckily his dragon wasn't here, because if it was, it would either scare all of the villagers away, or it would attract all the villagers attention, which he didn't want. Tyler had been a dragon rider since he was 13 years old, it had been 9 years since the egg had hatched. 9 years, since Flame chose him to be his rider. At first he had no idea what it mean to be a dragon rider, but now he had, he knew almost everything about being a dragon rider now, but he had to keep it a secret to most people.

He looked down at the sword he had hanging by his side, most of the people in this village would just think that he was a guard or something like that, but that would be until he pulled the blade out of the sheathe, so that they could see the blood red blade. It wasn't blood that was on his sword, the blood red color was its natural color, and he was proud of it. He had made it that color, because then it would match the color of his dragons scales.

Tyler let out another sigh, before he then continued walking. There was a little too many people out here right now, thats why he would prefer to find a place to sleep fast. He suddenly stopped as he felt something. A sorceress, here? He could feel that this one was real, but he still didn't know if he could trust her. He slowly started walking towards the stage where she was supposed to be. He didn't know why he went over there, but he just did, something told him that he could trust her.

He stopped as he reached the scene and then looked up at it. He stood in front of all the people. He didn't care about what the people said to him. He just had to see this, no matter what.

She gazed at the thick curtain before her, the chattering of people very evident to her. She closed her eyes, poised her hands elegantly above her. The sound of music reached her ear, and as if on cue, the curtains parted, revealing the dark stage and the woman that was on it. She slowly began to advance forward, but not like walking. She swayed to the side, her step falling further complicated then just walking. Then she stopped when the music did, once it started up again, so did she. This time, the music began to fall faster to a quicker pace, which signaled she need to speed up her movements as well.

So she did, her dance and steps intricate yet elegant and exotic. Her body easily flowed with the sound of music, yet no essence of magic leaked into her dance. Her eyes gazed out into the crowd as she did, a smirk threatening to tug at the edges of her lips as she moved expertly across the wooden floored stage.

He smiled a bit as he saw the dancer on the stage, there was no doubt about it, this was her, the sorceress he had been looking for her. He just stood there and looked up at her, wondering if she had felt that he wasn't like the other people in the crowd. Once she was done dancing he would go backstage and talk with her. He just hoped that she had a place to sleep, and maube if he was lucky, she could get him a place to sleep as well. He could pay for it if she wanted him to. Money wasn't a thing that he needed, since most people paid him very well when he completed a mission for them. He gave her a slight smile, before he then slowly moved out of the crowd.

He then slowly headed towards the back of the stage, he knew that he could take his time, since she was up at the stage. He would be able to hear when she was done dancing, and he couldn't hear anything yet, which meant that she was still dancing. Once he got backstage he leaned against the wall, and just waited for her to get back.

Her dance had easily seemed to entrance the crowd. Her movements swift, her body arching and drawing back with each individual movement. She finally stopped as did the music, her body still as she breathed rather heavily, the crowd erupting into an applause. She smiled, boing before turning and moving off the stage. Trista admitted she felt rather proud of herself. She headed of the stage, managing through the small throng of people behind the stage towards her tent, where she would change and relax for a bit.

Tyler hadn't been expecting people to walk backstage as well. It annoyed him quite a bit, but he just let out a sigh, before he then followed her towards the tent. He stopped once he stood out site, and then looked up at the sky, before he then looked back at the tent "Excuse me.... Miss.... Can i talk with you?" He then asked her, while he looked at the tent. He didn't know if she had any house or something like that near by, but if she didn't, then she wouldn hopefully let him sleep, here in this tent. If she didn't, he would probably have to sleep outside, on the ground.

Trista had managed her way through the backstage, a calm expression on her face as she made her way to her tent. But just as she reached to open the flap, she heard someone speak. The man's voice could have been directed to someone else, but Trista turned around regardless. She arched a brow at the man, noting he was quite handsome... She cleared the thought from her head, before looking up at him, smiling slightly. "Yes, may I help you?" she asked curiously.

"Yes.... I have a question for you.... It is right what i felt.... That you are a sorceress.... Right?" He then asked her with a slight smile, while he looked into her eyes. "And then i also wanted to ask you if you maybe had a place where i could sleep tonight... I can't get a room in any of the inns..... And i don't wanna sleep outside. "I'll pay you for it, if its money you need" He then added, with a slight smile upon his lips.

Trista arched a brow at him mentioning she was a sorceress. Well, it was true, but how did he know? She didn't bother to respond to that question verbally, and merely just nodded to it. She was surprised by his second question, parting her lips in hesitation. She seemed to be debating what he asked, until she finally gave in. "Very well, you may stay at my home, it is on the outskirts of town." She paused before asking, "Do you wish to already retire to my house, or would you like to still remain outside?" she asked. Part of her did want to enjoy the festival more...

He smiled a bit a bit at this question "No.... I'll just follow you around, until you want to go home..." He then told her, giving her a slight smile. "Anyways.... How do you want me to pay you?" He then asked her, while he looked at her. "Gold... Or something else?" He then asked her, while he watched her. He then stepped aside, so that she could get out of the tent if she wanted to. He would just follow her until she decided that it was time to go to bed.

She nodded, relieved that he had agreed to follow her. She shrugged when he mentioned how should she be paid. The only real idea of pay was gold... in her mind that is. She sighed, easing into her tent, motioning for him to stay outside while she changed. "Yes, gold will be fine," she replied before changing into a violet colored, silky dress. She walked out, her hair falling down her shoulders to her shoulder blades and curling even. She smiled slightly at the man, "What would your name be, sir?" she asked.

"My name is Tyler..." He told her, and then bowed slightly for her. "And what might your name be miss?" He then asked her, while he looked down into her eyes. God she was beautiful in that dress. He didn't mention it, and he just hoped that it wouldn't be too easy to see it on his face. "How much gold do you want for one night?" He then asked her. He would probably pay her, no matter how much she wanted, but he just wanted to hear her price.

She gazed at the young man before her, a smile on her lips. She admitted faintly that she felt rather giddy for some reason... though merely tried to place it off. "My name is Trista, pleased to meet you Tyler," she replied with a broad smile. When the matter of how much he should pay, this made her ponder a bit at how much she should be charging. "I'll cook meals for you... so twenty silver pieces should do," she informed with a nod. The stage director passed by, smiling and congratulating Trista for her performance before handing her her money.

"Its nice to meet you Trista" He then told her, and gave her a small bow, before he then found 40 silver pieces for her "Here you go..." He then told her. "And yes.... I know that there are 40.... You can take the extra silver i gave you as a gift from me..." He then told her, with a slight smile. "Anyways... Lets go..." He then told her, as he just waited for her to lead the way. Tyler would just follow her around, for the rest of the night, until she decided to go home.

Trista smiled at him, surprised he chose to be paying now, and double then what she asked for. Her eyes widened a bit, and she didn't want to accept extra, but she needed too... her house was in need of better furnishing since it was rather bare. Yet, she thanked Tyler deeply, and with much gratitude. "It's very kind of you..." she whispered, before she nodded upon them needing to go. "Very well, let us be off," she insisted before leading the way towards the festival. She had far from intended on leaving to home so quick, wanting to spend time with Tyler. First she brought him to a place to eat before they set off to attend to several stands. "What do you work at?" she asked.

He rubbed his back head a bit as he heard this question "Uhm.... Why do you ask?" He asked her. He could either chose to lie to her, or he could tell her the truth. He let out a soft sigh "Im a dragon rider" He then whispered into her ear. "But please don't tell anyone.... I don't want a lot of attention..." He then added, while he looked at her. "You see.... A lot of people wants a dragon riders help.... But im too tired to help a lot of people right now" He told her in a whisper. He looked around to see if anybody had heard what he had just said. Luckily it didn't look like that.

Trista hesitated when he suddenly seemed uncomfortable telling her. She was about to reassure him he didn't need to unless he wanted to, until he brought forth his occupation. Her eyes widened, a gentle laugh passing her lips, "That's not something I hear everyday," she insisted, even more interested in him. It seemed amazing that one would have a dragon as a companion and friend. She would love to see it, though knew better then to be so rash about it. "Come, let us enjoy the evening... you better dance, and if you don't I think I'll have to force you," she mentioned with a grin.

His eyes widened as she told him to dance with her "Well.... I uhm... Im not very good at dancing..." He then mumbeled before he looked down at the ground. "But if you insist.... I guess i could give it a try...." He then told her, while he gave her a soft smile. "By the way how would you have forced me?" He then asked her, with a slight smile upon his lips. "You wouldn't be able to push, or pull me out on the dance floor" He told her with a light chuckle, while he looked down at her, just wondering how she would be able to force him out there.

She grinned, shrugging as she gazed up at him. "I most certainly can try... or just use my magic," she taunted slightly. Trista smiled, her hand resting on his as she tugged him lightly to the floor, "Many people say they aren't good... just takes a little practice and remembering," she informed. She brought him onto the floor, almost immediately telling him the steps and guiding him through the entire thing, until he would catch on.

"And you don't think i know how to use magic as well?" He asked her, with a light chuckle, and just followed her to the dance floor. He listened to her words, about how to dance, and tried to remember all of them. There just were so many, it was hard for him to remember all of them. He let out a soft sigh, and then looked down into her eyes.

She laughed smiling lightly at him. Her hand rubbed his arm gently, to reassure him as they danced a bit. They did for a bit, until the song ended. She sighed softly, taking a cup of wine and offering it to Tyler as she had taken a sip. She smiled lightly at him, "It's good," she offered, the sweet wine very delicious.

He blused a bit as he felt that she rubbed his arm. Once the song ended he smiled a bit, and then grabbed the glass of wine. "Thank you...." He mumbeled to her. He then took a sip of the wine "Mmm.... Yes... it is good" He told her with a slight smile upon his lips. "So what do you wanna do now?" He then asked her.

Trista smiled before nodding, draining her cup of wine before she shrugged. "Well, we can return to my home if you'd like," she offered, taking another cup of wine. It tasted so good... had her craving for more. "Oh bother... its sweetness has me hooked," she mentioned, laughing softly as he offered him some.

"Sure.... When you are ready for it.... But to me it seems as you want to get drunk first" He told her with a light chuckle, and then grabbed the glass of wine. He drank the wine, and then looked back at her.

She chuckled softly, grinning at Tyler again. Trista finished, sighing softly as she licked her lips, nodding to Tyler. "We... can leave now," she informed, slowly grabbing Tyler's arm as she leaned against it. "I feel sleepy..." she mentioned, stifling a yawn. "Let's... get going..." she whispered, beginning to walk with him towards her home.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom