Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

The Guiding Kitten (Kevin x EtherealElvenEmpress)

Kevinn

Star
The world was a magical place. Though not everyone possessed magic, it's existence was well known and some species excelled at it more than others. Foxes were one of these species with a great affinity for magic, and, it was common to see many humans with foxes as guides. Though most humans had a guide, Kevin Hawthorn had never been on of them, in fact, he could say he probably never needed one. Though he was still young, just about to reach 29 years of age, he had already become quite successful. It started out with a small piece of technology which could, with a little magic, produce a much more efficient power source, one which avoided contamination.

Due to the initial success, he had developed several other magical technologies which further increased his success. Having made enough for a comfortable living, he decided to take a step back for some time, allow the company to continue going and appoint someone in his absence to ensure it went smoothly. In the meantime, he would take some time to himself, to experience life and enjoy himself, maybe find a woman.

As the man arrived home, he noticed his door was slightly open. He was certain he had shut it before he left. He always did. Slowly, he approached the door, pushing it open gently. "Hello?" He called out, giving whomever had broken in a chance to show themselves if they were still present. "Is anyone there?"

It was only then that Kevin heard a noise. He followed the noise, identifying it to be coming from the bathroom. Slowly he walked towards the bathroom, trying to make as little noise as possible. He gently pushed the door open, peeking inside. What he saw next, he could hardly believe.

He had heard of stories like that before. People coming home to find someone inside, except the someone wasn't human.. It was a fox. As he looked, he saw ears, a tail.. He quickly assumed those stories were true, that it was a fox in his bathroom. But why? He didn't need guiding, he didn't need anyone.

"Umm.. How about you come out? What's your name? There's no need to hide.. You came into my house." He tried to reason with her, hoping she would react, that she would come out. She seemed scared however, even though she had broken into his house, she didn't seem very confident. Just then, he remembered he had some chocolate in his pocket, taking it out and offering some to the girl. "Would you like some chocolate?"

Mina was so nervous. This was her first real job in this room and she wasn’t sure if she was ready to be someone’s guide. It was natural for someone of her age to be a guide to someone in need.

Sweet sixteen bright eyed and bushy tailed she was sent off on her first mission; Kevin Hawthorn. She heard that she was his first guide. Mina could not help but be nervous. This was her very first human and she was worried she wouldn’t do it correctly. At first she was excited but all that excitement left her when she made it to his home. It wasn’t hard to get in especially with her magic. Unlocking his door was child’s play. Once inside she look around explore but her big mistake was leaving the door ajar.

Would he be inside? She didn’t see him at all but when she made herself at home she got cold feet. What if he didn’t like her? What if he wanted someone else? She wasn’t a fox and for some humans that was a dealbreaker. Cats were rare and she hoped maybe he wouldn’t mind what she was.

It was then her nerves got the best of her. Mina hid. It wasn’t like her to get cold feet but she hid. She thought she was safe but then she heard his voice. He wasn’t supposed to be back until later! How do you know she was here?

Dammit the door! Did she close it? “No one is here! Just your imagination!” Mina said hoping that he would believe her voice, but then came the temptation.

Chocolate. He offered her chocolate. That line Blacktail uppers Swift and he could see her ears twitch with interest. “What kind of chocolate?” He heard a sweet little boy ask curious about the chocolate situation.

Kevin had to hold back a small laugh as she tried to fool him by calling out that nobody was there. He wasn't sure who she was but she clearly seemed afraid, nervous even. She didn't sound very old either, rather young instead. He had seen many foxes with other humans but they never seemed so shy, in fact, they usually seemed confident, majestic even.

Once more the voice called out, asking what type of chocolate he had. Fortunately, he had a sweet tooth and had just done some shopping on the way home, so he had more than one type to choose from. Though his head was looking into the bathroom, he couldn't quite see her very well. All he could see was a tail and a pair of matching black ears. They seemed different than the other foxes but it was probably just perspective.

"Hmm well, I've got a few different ones. Some dark chocolate, milk chocolate. I think I might even have a white chocolate but that one's probably in the kitchen. Now.. I'm not sure what you're doing in here but why don't you come out and we can talk? You did just break into my house after all, shouldn't I be the one locked in the bathroom?" He spoke in a light tone, trying to lure her out. "I'll be waiting with the chocolate in the kitchen. You can come find me when ready."

He left the bathroom door open and moved away from it, walking to the small kitchen. Once there, he put the shopping bag on the counter and began to take things out, making sure to leave the chocolate on the counter next to him, waiting to see if the girl would show up.

That rouse didn’t work at all! Luckily for her she didn’t hear the laughter. Mina was so nervous and wasn’t sure why she had in the bathroom but she couldn’t go back. This was her job and she was a scientist if she were to leave in huge trouble. First he was a big deal especially for her family. Coming from a well-known cat hybrid family she knew she could not mess this up it was her one golden opportunity.

“I don’t like white chocolate. I like milk chocolate the best do you have strawberry?” Her little voice was trying her best to negotiate for a different kind of chocolate milk chocolate would eventually let her out of the bathroom.

“I…I can I break in because I didn’t break anything. Your dorm is very easy to open. It wasn’t even Reinforced at all…” Slowly she slipped out of the bathroom she was dressed in a short skirt and a sweater her black ears matched her long black tail. This guide was tall and slim. She even had glasses. Once he finally came out to go look at him he could get a decent look at her and she wasn’t very old.

Must call her a bit of a scaredy-cat. Giving a few sniffs she would make her way to the kitchen. Once there she pick up a bar of chocolate and slowly open it. “I…I…Hello… I am your guide…. I didn’t know what time you’ll be home so I just kind of came in and this place is not like home for me. Can I stay and help you? I’m not good at introductions…. I’m Mina. What’s your name?” She managed to squeak out as her ears would focus on him though her hands were unwrapping the chocolate bar and quickly stuffing a small piece into her mouth and he could see how happy that made her by the way her tail swished back-and-forth with the cat who ate the canary.

It wasn't immediate, but after a few moments he finally heard her voice. It seemed that offering her some chocolate had been the right call. As she mentioned her preference, he made a mental note of it. She didn't like white chocolate, she preferred milk chocolate instead with.. Strawberry? He wasn't sure he had any like that. He usually bought only normal chocolate or chocolate with nuts. Still, he laid them on the counter so she could choose whichever she preferred when she came to the kitchen.

Kevin could hear her as she left the bathroom. He turned around and watched as she slowly made her way to the kitchen, finally getting a good look at her while listening to her mention that his door wasn't 'reinforced' at all. He wasn't exactly sure how she expected it to be reinforced but he was too distracted by her figure to worry about that. His eyes were immediately fixated on her as she approached.

Unlike him, she seemed to be much younger. He wondered if she was even an adult yet. Her body was very slim, her figure tall. He couldn't help but stare at her, noticing the very short skirt and the short sweater that barely covered her chest. Her stomach was exposed and her skin looked so smooth, it made him want to touch it. He didn't though. He simply stood and watched. Just as he'd seen earlier, her ears were black and furry as was her tail, both features the foxes usually had but.. She seemed different. She didn't look like a fox. One thing was clear though, she looked incredibly cute, and the glasses made her even cuter.

He hadn't said a word this entire time, still processing the scenario when she grabbed the chocolate and began explaining who she was. All he could really think about was touching her ears and her tail, they looked so soft. He did his best to focus however. "Oh.. Hi Mina. I'm Kevin. It's nice to meet you. You look very.. Cute." He introduced himself with a smile, bowing his head slightly before continuing. "I'm not quite sure what you mean by being my guide.. I've never had one, never needed one, I think I'm doing fairly well in life. Who sent you here?" He asked as he watched her tail sway happily while eating the chocolate.

"You look different.. Not like the foxes I usually see. You look.. Cuter."

Mina was too curious about the chocolate to notice Kevin at first. Nibbling on it calmed her nerves as she even decided to take a seat at the kitchen table once she had her desired snack in hand.

“I know your name. Kevin Hawthorn. You have a very famous company with magical technologies. Pretty advanced for a human too. I was assigned to you. To help you. All guides get assigned to a human and I wasn’t expecting to get matched do soon but here I am….” the youthful cat girl would’ve continued but he called her cute making her stop eating as her cheeks flushed red and her ears folded back shyly. “T…thank you…nice to meet you too….” stumbling over her words as she held off on eating more of her sweet offering.

Looking away when he mentioned how different she looked even if he said cute Kevin mentioned how she wasn’t a fox. “I’m sorry if you wished for a fox….I’m a cat but if you don’t want me I can go back to the guild and express that you desired a fox instead…” reaching a free hand up to adjust het glasses. It wasn’t out of the questione for humans to switch their guides and most humans really got along with canines like foxes and wolves maybe he didn’t like her. That happy swishing of her tail switched to slow sways as she worried that he was going to send her back before her assignment even began.

Kevin didn't move, still leaning against the counter as she enjoyed the chocolate, watching as she took a seat. It seemed she had calmed down a little as she began speaking once more, this time a little less nervously it seemed. Apparently she knew exactly who he was. It surprised him at first but as he thought about it, it did make some sense. After all, if she'd been assigned to him, there had to be a reason. Someone had to know him and decide he needed her guidance. He wasn't sure himself that he needed guidance but he could hardly say no to such a cute face, especially as she blushed, turning a little red.

It seemed however that Mina misinterpreted his last words. "I didn't wish for anything Mina, but I'm not about to change you for anyone else. I've just.. Never seen anyone like you. Wait.. Could you be a... Cat? I've heard rumours but I've never seen one. Are you really...?" He cut off there, his words sounding excited, his eyes widening as he looked at her. "That would explain why you're so much cuter.. And that tail.. Can I touch it?"

The moment Kevin said he didn’t mean for her to go away her fluffy ears perked right up as she looked up icy blue eyes would meet his. They stood out with her pale complexion and black hair and ears. He would see her give a fanged smile when she finally figured out he wasn’t going to send her away with her raven tail between her legs in defeat.

“That’s right! A cat! We never really get requested but for some reason you had one like me. Your family line had always had cats just not every generation. You can touch it. Thanks for asking. It’s really soft. It’s not the same if I pet it myself.” Mina began ranting. She couldn’t help herself. With Kevin calling her cute she felt much more pride and even puffed her small chest out. “You can even pet my ears too. I’m as real as you! You’re my first human to guide. I’m really happy you’re nice!”

Kevin smiled as she seemed to immediately perk up as he assured her he wouldn't send her back. There was no reason to send her back, no matter if she was a cat, fox, or anything else. He didn't understand why she had been sent but he had nothing to lose by letting her stay for a while. It would be a nice change of pace and she was extremely cute.. In fact, she was more than just cute. His thoughts were distracted by her smile as she started to talk on what turned out to be a small rant.

As she spoke, he took a step towards her. His family line had always had cats? He wondered just who may have had one. He never remembered his parents ever having a guide. His grandmother had mentioned a guide once but had never specified it was a cat, so he just assumed it had been a fox, like every other guide he had seen up until now. Irrespectively, having a cat as a guide was certainly uncommon, but it was something he welcomed. He had never quite been like the rest.

As soon as she said he could touch the tail, he closed the distance between them and did just that. He touched the tip of the tail first, just feeling how soft it was. Then, his right hand moved over right to the base of it, gently running all the way up to the tip. "Wow... It really is soft. It's so nice.." Moving it gently, he brought it to his cheek, gently rubbing his cheek against it. "So soft." He repeated. His other hand then moved to her ears, his fingers at the base of her left ear, gently moving up to it's tip along it's edges, almost like he had done with her tail.

"So.. What does a guide do?" He asked while continuing to pet her ears. "How does it work?"

How could she not react when his hand reached for and stroke her soft and fluffy tail. Not only did his guid melt but she began to purr. When he brought it up his chin it flicked softly. Rubbing his face. The way her tail rubbed his face was gentle but almost as if it was marking him. Nibbling her chocolate prize.

“We look out for your best interest….and…oh that feels really nice…” Mina couldn’t help herself as she fell into sitting cutely as she soaked up all this much needed and desired attention. “I can help with your magic and make sure it all goes right…look after you and protect you. Be your confidant if you….rub my ear just like that…how do you know how do it just right…what should I call you!” speaking between purrs as he had her subdued with his petting and distracting her from her job but if he was keeping her as his guide this was not against the rules and she was still working so the guild couldn’t get too upset at her slacking right now.

It looked as though he was pushing all the right buttons judging by her reaction to his touch. Kevin could also hear the cute girl purring, which he found somewhat arousing. Her soft, furry, tail was flicking against his skin, his hands were rubbing her ears gently. Though he didn't quite realise it, given how close they were and what they were doing, anyone who saw it might have found it almost erotic.

As she adjusted her seating position, Kevin couldn't help but notice just how she looked. It wasn't just that she looked cute, the look in her eyes, her thumb at her lips... She looked sexy. Mina probably didn't realise just how attractive she was, dressed as she was, in that position. "Hmm well, that sounds great and, well, it's my first time rubbing a cat's ears but it just seemed like the right way. As for what you can call me.. My name is Kevin you can call me that." He paused. "Or if you prefer to call me something else, like Master..." He said playfully, wondering how she would react.

"Tell me Mina, where else do you like to be touched? Your skin looks so soft, maybe I can touch your stomach next, or maybe.." He trailed off, leaning closer to her and kissing the tip of her ear softly before very gently nibbling on it with his lips.

Mina had no idea how she looked in that position. Purring up a storm as she couldn’t help her nature and soaking up all of the attention. Though the moment he offers the name master it actually snapped her out of that unfiltered bliss. That kiss to her ear caused her to drop her coveted chocolate and nearly snap back dom Kevin and cover her smell chest and pulling back lowering her icy blue eyes. “I’m a guide…I’m not…not…not a…what’s the word…” poor Mina could not even bring the words to get nervous lips. Her tail stiffened and stopped rubbing his cheek. “I’m a guide not a toy….we don’t that…”her purring stopped as her fluffy black easy stood on end. Sticking straight up in a defensive state. It was then he could most likely tell how young his wet behind the ears his youthful guid was. This was her first real guide job and now she began to panic. Kevin could see that now she was more worried but she was worried if she was messing up her first real job as a human guide.

Her reaction was not quite what he had expected, seeing how she had been enjoying his touch a moment earlier. It seemed that the word 'Master' triggered her response, as did his lips on her ear. She had dropped the chocolate and adopted a rather defensive position. Even though the purring had stopped and the girl was clearly in a defensive position, he couldn't help but think it just made her look even cuter. Perhaps it was a little perverted on his behalf to have such thoughts but it was inevitable.

"Calm down Mina, it was just a joke, I'm more than happy for you to call me Kevin, or whatever you prefer. However, I do find you oh so cute and attractive. I can't get enough of those pretty blue eyes." He had a soft smile on his voice, taking a seat on a chair next to where hers was. "I know you're not a toy, I have a lot of respect for guides, especially one as special as you. You say you are here to help me however, that can be done in many ways. The truth is, I haven't had a relationship for a long time and I feel very... Attracted to you. Your job is to help after all, right?"

Mina would keep herself in a defensive position. Were all humans like this? This wasn’t in her training manual at all!!! “Help you with other things but not that!” he could see her clam up and keep all her defenses up. “They said you were supposed to be nice….I’m supposed to help you but you…you….” Mina huffed and looked away not wanting to make eye contact. “N…No!” the small cat protested as she would try to put a bit of distance between them.

Though he understood her reaction, he didn't quite understand what the big issue was. He could only guess it was due to how young she seemed. Maybe she didn't have much experience, or any at all. Still, he had heard of people having certain relationships with their guides. Mina had been sent to him specifically so surely, it shouldn't have been such an issue. The only thing he didn't have in life was a partner, someone to share his time with.

"I am nice Mina. Is it that uncommon for someone to be attracted to their guide? To one as cute and beautiful as you are? I have heard of guides doing such things before, I didn't think it was such a bad thing. Were you not enjoying my touch? I could hear you purring.. I want to purr for you too." He spoke softly but convincingly. "You've been sent to help me, to guide me, the only thing I am missing in life, is a partner, someone to share my life with. Is it wrong to want to feel good Mina? Would you rather I felt bad?"

Mina wouldn’t talk after that. She went dead silent but she was his guide so she wouldn’t tell him no. It wasn’t something he wanted to do but he was pushing her to do it. It was then she would shrug but there’s no point in fighting him on this and she let him do what he wanted. Her ears pulled back. Her tail didn’t even move and she refused to even look at her new human she Needed to guide.

Realising the girl truly wasn't ready, he did reconsider the situation. He had just met her, she was clearly afraid and he was likely the first human she'd met. Kevin sighed. "What am I doing?" He asked himself out loud. He shook his head looking over at Mina once more. "This is wrong. I shouldn't be pushing you like that Mina. I can see you're nervous and now probably a little afraid of me. I deserve it." Another sigh. "Tell you what, how about we start over? I got a little carried away because it's been a long time since I have been with a woman. I'll do better this time."

With all that being said, he stood up slowly, not wanting to startle the poor cat. He stretched his hand out towards her, leaving enough distance for her to approach him if she agreed. "My name is Kevin, it's nice to meet you Mina. If you'll be my guide, I promise to always have a supply of chocolate at home. Though you can't just eat chocolate, a balanced diet is key." He smiled at her, trying his best to reassure her once more.

Mina wasn’t sure what to do. She had put some distance between then but he had given the new guide quite the scare. He could see her trembling and from the position of her ears and tail she was trying to make herself appear even smaller.

Mina was afraid he was going to tell but in s shocking tern of events he did t do anything to her. He asked to start over. He stood up Ahh held his hand out to her. It took her a moment to even get what he was doing. Even nervous she reached out her hand out to shake his. “N…nice to meet you…” Mina was trying but he has scared the novice cat girl guide and it would take her a moment to regain her balance. “Umm…so….I’m here to help. I…if I remember you have a business. You can do magic?” she decided to try and make conversation.

Though it took some time, it seemed that the girl had accepted to start things over between them. He shook her hand lightly, looking her in the eyes to show her he meant what he said, that he wanted to start over. She still seemed quite nervous but at least she had begun talking again, asking him whether he could do any magic himself, given the nature of his business.

Mina's question did bring a slight frown to his face. It was a sore subject for him, using magic. He shook his head. "You are right, I do have a business and, it does focus on magical equipment." He slowed down. "Unfortunately I can't use magic. I always wanted to, tried to learn, but it never worked. It's how I came up with the idea for my company in the first place, to help those like me who can't use magic, to bring magic to our lives in a way that we may also benefit from it." He sighed. "To give the illusion of magic to those who don't have it, as some of my critics say."

Mina was still scared but she was trying to be brave. This was her first guide job after all. If she got sent back she doubt she’d get another chance to prove herself. “I…I was told I should help you with that business if you want me too..” Kevin can still hear the fear in her voice and worry as well. She didn’t know if she was doing this correctly or if he wanted our help. With his business that was. Her ears were still folded back in a submissive position since she was scared to really move them up again. Her tail was kept behind her and tucked closely. Even though she was looking at him and tell her feelings by how her ears and tail was kept. “ I know how to do magic and I can help only if you want me to Mister.” It was her own way of putting some distance between them by not using his name. He could tell she was young and being on her own was rather frightening. Guides of course started this young, but she wasn’t a fox and didn’t have their cunning she was a bit of a skittish kitten And Kevin was your first human ever that was outside of the textbook or a situation at guide school. “ maybe you can show me what you’re working on and I can help you. Would you like that?”Mina asked gently.

Her offer was kind but he wasn't quite sure how she would be able to help. The timing wasn't great either as he had just decided to take a step back from the company to enjoy his life a little bit. In fact, that may be exactly what they both needed. Mina was still shaken by his actions and he wanted her to feel welcome. Of course the way he saw her didn't change but he knew better than to rush her in to anything.

"Well Mina, I'll be honest, I had just decided to take a small break from work. I've been working non-stop for a long time and what I need right now is to experience something different, to live a little." He paused for a moment, wondering how he could put her at ease. "Once I get back to work, I'd be happy for you to help me, but for now.. How about instead we get to know each other? I can show you around, you can learn about me, about humans and I can learn about you too. It's getting a little late to do anything tonight but we could start tomorrow, maybe we could do some shopping, get you some more chocolate, and take a walk at the park?"

He gave her a moment to take it all in. "I really am sorry for earlier Mina. I was out of line. I want us to be friends. Will you give me one more chance?"

“Oh…” mina said softly when he told her he was taking a break from work. That wasn’t in the memo she got about Kevin. “A break? Oh dear…no one told me anything about a break….how long?” She began peppering him with questions. “I do need to inform my guild. They probably didn’t know you were taking a break at all. They said your paperwork was up to date…” the petite cat girl began rambling.

The thing was she was now she was now here and she couldn’t just abandon her post without consulting anyone. “I can’t go anywhere without proper protocol. I have to stay. If I leave now I don’t know if they’ll assign me another human anytime soon….” He could see her trying to make sense of his offer.

“As long as I get chocolate and…ummm…,where should I sleep? Should I get a…what do you call it…a hotel?” Mina asked wondering if he wanted her to sleep elsewhere after that incident since she wasn’t sure how he felt about being near her.

The news of his break clearly surprised her. She seemed confused by it and began rambling about protocol and informing whomever had sent her there. She was clearly young and inexperienced in many aspects, still trying to apply her textbook knowledge onto a real life scenario. Things didn't quite work that way however and it seemed it would be up to him to teach her so. He could already tell however that it wouldn't be easy.

"It's nothing to worry about. I have been working for years and a break is necessary, otherwise I'll get burnt out. Breaks help creativity develop and might give me ideas for new products. You said yourself that you're here to help, that means help me work as much as it does help me relax and enjoy life, right? I've seen many guides enjoy life with their partners, you're not just a tool to use for work, you're a person too." He tried to reassure her that it was OK to not do exactly as the book says.

"I know you've probably learned things a certain way, but life isn't like a book. Life is unexpected, full of surprises and excitement. I've been missing out on all that and apparently, so have you. Maybe you were sent to guide me, as much as I may be able to guide you." He gave her a warm smile before moving on to her next question. "Well, unfortunately, though I do have a guest room, I don't have a bed in it. I wouldn't mind sleeping in the same bed but after what happened earlier I understand you may not be comfortable with that. So just for tonight, until we can get a bed into that guest room, you can take my bed, I'll sleep in the living room. It's the least I can do after what happened before."

“Guides help humans not the other way around. If it were reversed I wouldn’t have a job. This isn’t a vacation it’s a placement. While you may be on break I certainly can’t do such a silly thing.” Mina began ranting with her textbook knowledge. This was a wrench in her plans especially with him taking a break. He said humans needed breaks but her books never mentioned them or how long they would be.

“I can’t slack off you know. If I don’t guide you I won’t graduate. If I don’t graduate I…never mind let’s have your break. When do you think you’ll finish your break?” Mina began to question and interrogate him lightly as her tail began to tick like a metronome behind her.

She quirked an eyebrow but said nothing since it wasn’t her place to upset the humans they fixed but this one was going to be a tough test for her! The chatty cat girl was silent for a moment as he mentioned guest room but it had no bed. Kevin then mentioned his bed and sharing it and he was right on the money knowing that she wasn’t going to sleep there.

“I’ll take the living room. Rule 23 clearly states don’t make the human you are guiding uncomfortable. I’ll stay in the living room and you keep the bed. That’s a fair deal since I won’t be staying in the same bed with you. Guides and humans must keep a healthy relationship as stated by rule 17b. For tonight I can stay there. It would be wrong for me to take your bed. Will that arrangement work for you?” She asked trying to figure out how to navigate her first day.

As the cat went on trying to make sense of everything and reason how she would guide him, Kevin could tell this wouldn't be easy for him either. He had to find a way to get her to forget those rules. Sure, there was a time and place for rules, but it was just as important to know when to set these aside. It was up to him it seemed to push her out of those boundaries that her textbooks had set for her.

"Hmm.. It really doesn't feel right to make you sleep on the couch, but if you really don't want to take the bed, then I guess we can do that. Either way, you need to remember that those rules you learned, they're just a guideline, and, most of all, they weren't set by humans. Maybe the rules that sound right to you, could be wrong or offensive for humans. For example, a gesture of hospitality such as offering you my bed, and you refusing, could be seen as offensive for some. Context is always important in any situation, not just rules." He tried to explain to her, doing so in a soft tone, so she would know he wasn't offended or scolding her.

As the two decided, an idea suddenly hit him. "Oh, I know, maybe you'd like to meet some other guides while you're here too? They could share their valuable experiences with you. That would be a great opportunity for both of us to learn how things work, don't you think?"

Back
Top Bottom