Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Phoenix Fire University (Jacqueline Vile and Sour Diesel)

Jacqueline Vile

Planetoid
Henry King Cracked his neck and yawned, grabbing his duffel bag and started walking down the dorm hall scanning each door for his room number 456, 457, 458 . . . Once he found it, he set his bag down and tried the key dangling off his lanyard, which thankfully worked. The door opened easily and he stepped inside. His roommate must've already arrived, given the fact that the guy's bags were already there . . . though the purse Henry spied made him pause, wondering if maybe his roommate had a girl over . . . which didn't make much sense, though the had heard stories of sex happening on campus.
He rolled his eyes and set his bag down and pulled out his laptop, charger cord, mouse and set them down on his bed. Another thing he pulled out was his focusing lens, a neat tool he intended on learning to use, gifted by his father -- as well as the duffel bag which had been enchanted with holding due to his mother's insistence. which meant he had way more space inside the damn thing then he needed and a few extra things he didn't think he needed. But it allowed him to take his tools with him.
Henry set up the lens near the window. it looked more like some fancy telescope, though looking into the lens was a bit hazardous according to the instructions, so he kept a cover on it. He sat down afterwards and flipped open his laptop, plugging in the cord and switching on the mouse.
That was when a movement caught his eye and he looked up for a moment, and frown when he thought his suspicions were confirmed. Standing there looking at him was what appeared to be some sort of flat chested goth girl. "Hello?" He said

Winter had left his things in the room to scope out the rest of this university. He was mainly concerned with emergency exits and hiding places. His natural instinct was to plan an exit strategy in case he was caught stealing. Not that he intended on stealing but with so many wizards around there was sure to be something that caught his eye. Not like his new skirt could hide much except a knife on his thigh. Old habits were hard to break.

After he finished casing the place he returned to his dorm room. Much to his surprise there was another student setting up here. He had a laptop and some kind of fancy telescope. Clearly he had money.

“Hi,” he said in his soft voice and walked in. Winter was very shy, with his pale skin turning pink. His roommate was so attractive the lithe femboy felt his heart race.

Winter walked over to the bed and dug a book out of the tattered old gray bag he brought with him along with a stolen purse he nabbed because it matched his skirt. He laid on the bed and started reading the introduction notes for attending FF Academy.

Henry watched her lay on the bed and pull out a book, making him suspect that maybe she set herself up in the wrong room? He turned to his laptop and punched in the password. "So . . . is he your boyfriend?" He asked without looking up. He assumed she was dating his roommate and decided to go off that. He pulled open Wyvern and checked his notifications. His sister and he were both gamers, and since he didn't like using most social media, Wyvern was his main means of contacting his family besides calling them on his phone. Plus, it was better because he preferred to type than text.
He opened his sister's dms and typed *finally got a chance to settle down. Orientation is tomorrow tho so won't be up as late as usual.*

Winter looked up from his book, wondering if the guy was talking on a headset. The way he said it was unusual. He chose to ignore Henry and keep reading. The students had to report for class first thing in the morning. He was taking basics because his early education was lacking formality.

“Are you… talking to me?” He asked once he noticed Henry didn’t speak again, just typed on his computer. “No idea what you’re saying. I just got here.”

Henry nodded and looked up. "Yeah, are you dating my roommate or something? Cuz I'm pretty sure this is the boys wing." He got a ping and looked back at his device, his sister had simply replied with a gif saying *noice" and left it at that.
He turned away from his laptop and dug out the booklet he was handed, just to review the schedules and rules for living on campus. it was definitely better than living with his parents. As long as he participated on time with his classes and checked in at 10 pm at the dorm lobby, he was pretty much free to do what he wanted. Well, as long as he didn't have to worry about homework.

Winter’s face got hot and he pressed his knees together. He pouted and pressed the book against his abdomen. It felt like he was being mocked. What a foolish mistake, he thought. He should’ve tried to blend in, but all he had were girl’s clothes that fit him. It let the little thief move freely, but most of all it made him feel good. The school didn’t enforce a dress code.

“I am your roommate. There is no mistake.” He pulled the book up over his face. Embarrassment outweighed the anger building inside.

Henry looked back at her-him? "Wait, you're Winter? Dude, you legit look like a girl, eh . . . sorry about that." He blushed and rubbed the back of his neck. So his roommate was a cross dresser? That was unexpected. Plus he was small, slim, and if he hadn't said anything, Henry would likely have continued believing Winter wasn't a boy. Knowing in advance would have helped avoid the mistake though. He stood up and closed his laptop before approaching and holding out his hand to shake, clearing his throat. "I'm Henry."
Yeah it was awkward, but he didn't know what else to do besides trying to be friendly.

Winter didn’t move. He just laid on the bed with the book and glared at him once he removed the covering. His cheeks puffed out in a pout. “If you want to call me a girl you’d better be ready for some action. You don’t look like you have the guts.” He spoke with a more masculine inflection and narrowed his dagger-like icy glare. His eyes seemed like they could freeze him solid if he evoked a spell.

“Henry, if you know what’s best you’ll stay out of my way. I’m here to study, not talk about what’s in my pants.” He snubbed the handshake and went back to reading. There was a tournament at the end of midterm exams. That got his interest and he wanted to read more, not entertain Henry’s curiosity.

Henry pulled his hand away and rolled his eyes. "Right, look man, I wouldn't really care if you had a pussy. Maybe ya had some fuckin unbreakable spell or you're trans, I really don't care. I'm also here to study. Just don't touch any of my shit, k? Sorry I got confused."
Action, right. He shook his head and walked away. As if. It didn't even look like the lil guy could put up much of a fight. Unless he was insinuating something else -- the thought made Henry grimace and he decided to take his mind off it by digging more books out of his duffel bag. "So, what are you majoring in? Bardic Magic? Necromancy?" He pulled out his favorite tool, what he called his "screwdriver" which had originally started out as a basic screwdriver from his dad's tool box but it had undergone so many changes since, now having become more of a multipurpose tool.
He shoved it in his pocket and started placing the books on his desk, lining them up along the wall.

The shift in demeanor caught Winter’s attention. Maybe he wasn’t spineless after all. The tools he kept were certainly piquing the femboy’s curiosity. He closed the book and sat up in bed.

“Ice magic, illusions, and magic combat. I’m not trans. It’s a lifestyle choice. You must come from a rich family to afford those things.” In truth Henry was probably more upper middle class, but Winter was dejectedly poor and had only touched computers in libraries or public access terminals. New phones had too much security to be worth trying to break. Magic and tech didn’t interact well and were caustic in close proximity.

Winter was curious about the telescope and started getting closer to it, trying to figure it out with what limited information he had. His small hand reached out to touch it while Henry was busy arranging books on the shelf.

Henry eyed Winter carefully as he arranged everything on his desk. "It may look like a telescope, but it isn't. Looking into that thing could either kill you or make you go blind." He grabbed his laptop and put it on the desk as well. "I'm majoring in Artifice, so my dad got me that. It's called a focusing lens. They're used to change elements into energy. After that though, it gets boring and complicated."
He approached the bag again and pulled out a tool box, placing it on the floor and pushing it under the bed with his foot. He considered pulling out his clothes, but decided against it, leaving them in the bag and digging around to make sure he hadn't missed anything.

The little thief was hesitant to call him on that bluff. It didn’t seem like something he should mess with either way. He couldn’t afford to replace it if it broke. His father got that for him before he even attended school?

“Hmph, you think I can’t grasp the technical aspects? I’ve never seen such technology before. I’m, uhm… taking remedial courses. They said I could attend university but I have no proof of attendance at a school. I’m self taught in pretty much everything.”

Henry shrugged "I mean hell if you're interested I don't mind explaining." He sat down in the chair and started taking off his shoes. "I could talk about this shit all day, honestly. But not everyone wants to sit through a lecture, ya know?" He kicked his shoes under the desk and leaned back stretching before leaning forward listening to what Winter was telling him. He nodded and smiled. "That's pretty dope. You must be pretty feckin smart and motivated then. Hell you have more guts than I do. Mystic Martial Arts Class? That takes serious dedication and self discipline. Illusionary Class? Yeah it's pretty neat but to me it's basically just glorified sleight of hand, ya know?"

Winter got a little quiet at being called smart and motivated. He did what he had to do for survival. He was lucky to find time to broaden his horizons when he never had shelter or food readily available.

“No, I don’t. That’s idiotic to believe. Fooling your opponent can ensure their downfall, or give you means of escape. Sleight of hand doesn’t need magic.” He spoke while holding the screwdriver he procured from the toolbox without making a sound or hint that he had been doing that.

Henry nodded, "so, why these classes? Ice is a funny one, I actually don't recall that being listed on the University website." He turned and pulled his laptop open to look it up just in case. sure, there was a Sorcery class . . . it was an elemental magic practice, but nothing about each element being given their own individual class.
"Yeah see we have this -- " He turned the laptop to Winter "Also you know you don't have to sit on the floor, right?"

Winter noticed how he was sitting and slowly stood up to look at the computer screen. He hadn’t given exact details into his classes because he was a fairly private person.

“Yeah, that sounds like what I’m taking. All my stuff is on paper. I don’t have fancy tech, just a natural inclination for elementism. Ice is in my blood. Sometimes I need a warm body next to me to fall asleep.” He chuckled in a teasing way, catching a tooth on his lip.

“So, your parents got you a laptop and a fancy telescope. What do you do with all this junk?” He was still playing with the special screwdriver inscribed with runes.

"They're tools for the practice." Henry said. He pushed the laptop back on the desk. "I figured having my own tools would be better than whatever they provide on campus." He blushed once he realized that Winter was flirting with him, but did his best to continue acting casual. "Can you put my screwdriver away?"
It thankfully wasn't his more personal screwdriver, which was stuffed away in his pocket. He wondered if Winter was testing boundaries and it made him frown.

His answer wasn’t very satisfactory. Winter knew what he wanted to accomplish with magic. Henry seemed like he was working towards something but not sure of what.

“What will you do it I don’t?” Winter grinned and held the screwdriver against his chest to guard it. “Spank me?” He bit his lip. It was fun teasing Henry. The fact Winter looked so much like a girl probably didn’t help. The lithe femboy stepped away from Henry. He didn’t really want the screwdriver that badly but Henry would soon learn his roommate was a total brat.

Henry glanced at the door and stood up holding his hand out "alright, c'mon. give it to me." what was the point of stealing from him? The campus didn't tolerate theft, and he didn't exactly need it. Even if he planned to sell it, he wouldn't get far with it. It was then he realized how short the boy was. While Henry stood at about 5'8, Winter had to be more like 4'3.
The suggestion that he might "spank" Winter though . . . was that what he wanted?

Winter smirked and decided to show off a little of that illusion magic that Henry seemed to think was just simple palming tricks. “Oh, this screwdriver? I think it’s a little sick.” He said and touched the tip. The whole length of steel seemed to droop down flaccidly. After a moment he brought it back to its normal state.

“Not just some sleight of hand, hm?” He asked. He handed the screwdriver back to Henry, though when he did, the tip blossomed into a small bouquet of roses. Winter was holding the real one behind his back. They were street illusions, but Winter made his grain entertaining passerbys on the street when he was too weak to steal.

Henry smirked,"Nice one smartass" He dropped the bouquet onto his bed before approaching Winter till the boy was backed against the wall. "C'mon give it. I may be some rich kid, but I'm not an idiot. I've seen that trick before."
So he wanted to toy with him? Henry placed his hand against the wall, right next to Winter's head. "So much for wanting to study. What are you really here for?"

Winter backed up until he was against the wall. His first instinct was to jab him with the screwdriver and run away, but things were supposed to be different now. He couldn’t get thrown out before he got to crack open a magic tome.

“I-I do want to study. I was just having fun. Here.” He handed the screwdriver back and quickly scurried back onto his bed. He took his introduction book and hid under the covers. He was embarrassed and needed to be alone. It was pretty clear he was stuck in this dorm room with someone who did not find him cute or amusing.

Henry took the tool and stepped back, watching Winter chicken out and hide under his blankets. Shaking his head, he sat back down at the desk and tossed the screwdriver into the tool box under his bed. *my roommate seems like a trouble maker.* He typed in his sister's DMs. *I'll have to keep an eye on him*
*why? did he do something?*
*well, he made my runic screwdriver floppy*
*ok that's funny*
*yeah it kinda was. stll not a fan of people I don't know taking my stuff*
*he gave it back right?*
*yeah he did.*
*what classes is he taking?*
*apparently he's double majoring in MMA and Illusionary and minoring in a Sorcery subclass*
*damn that's badass. is he hot?*
* . . . why are you asking me if he's hot?*
*well I can't see him. He's jacked isn't he? there's no way he's taking Mystic Martial without working out*
*lol, eh . . . he's actually short and skinny as hell*
*you're joking*
*nope. he's gotta be about 4 foot something*
*there's no way*
*I'm dead serious*
*you gotta send me a picture at some point*
*maybe*
*oop, mama's calling for dinner. see ya bro*
*goodnight sis*
With that, Henry closed the laptop and grabbed one of his books, laying back in his bed to read before eventually falling asleep.

Winter stayed hidden until he could tell his roommate was asleep. He slipped off his skirt and hoodie and closed his eyes. He always kept his back to the wall.

In the morning, Winter got dressed and brought his purse with him. He had some remedial classes that were more of a review for him. There was a little murmuring about the cute goth girl in their class. He decided not to tell any more people about his secret since it drew unwanted attention.

After the boring drag of the morning Winter finally got to touch some magic. He was in the courtyard sharing wands with the other classmates. They took turns waiting for the chance to shoot firebolts at a big stone target. The short femboy waited his turn looking rather bored after enduring such tedium. He thought his roommate was interesting to say the least. He had more of an issue with him touching the screwdriver than his crossdressing. It made him wonder if Henry was also gay, or even questioning.

Henry wasn't one for the mornings, and spoke to noone during breakfast and remained quiet throughout orientation, simply taking notes on whatever he wasn't already informed about. Once orientation was over, he had to deal with much the same thing as Winter -- pointless review work. The same basic crap they learned in highschool all over again. Much to his disappointment, none of the activities for the day involved any real tinkering. He had carried his duffel bag with him because much of what he had needed to go in a locker. The end of review meant he had a chance to do this, which led him to shuffling down the hall between students, looking for his number.
==============================================================================================================
Claire on the other hand was more than ready to attend her WASH (Wand Safety and Handling) Class, which landed her behind the goth girl who had also joined just recently. She was majoring in Sorcery and Druidry, having a fascination and talent for nature and elemental magics. Her brother was just behind her, fidgeting with his own wand and majoring in Mystic Martial Arts.
.The teacher stood there, a student helping her demonstrate how to properly hold a wand and move it. "Keep in mind, that you need to keep calm while using a wand. Your state of mind impacts how accurate the spell will be when cast. Panic, aggression, handling it while under the influence can and will result in poor spell casting. Being Drunk or high while casting a spell is considered magic abuse and -- " She was interrupted by student laughter. "-- is illegal."
Claire was one of the students who giggled. "she should never meet my uncle. he loves casting illusionary spells when he's high. trips him the hell out" She said under her breath

Back
Top Bottom