Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Question Why does BMR allow underage characters?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here you go.

I will give a pet project for anyone that wants to tackle it.

Explain to me precisely how 16/17 material is more offensive than people on here that write; snuff, non-con, incest, zoophilia, etc. By that logic if writing material under the age of eighteen is against the law and morally wrong, so should the above be as well. Because trust me when I state this. I have seen far more offensive material on here besides content portraying characters around 16/17 years old. I have stumbled upon a rape/snuff story before and I just stopped reading it. Because it was a bit too graphic for my tastes, even though I don't mind dabbling in darker fields, but I am not too fond of 'snuff.'

Once more, this seems like a cherry picking issue; all due to some people finding it an issue with players that want to write 16/17 aged characters. Should we raise similar flags with the above mention? Should I double down and create another topic involving the context of why snuff RP is allowed on this site?

Just saying how these issues can spiral out of control.
That material is offensive when involving underage characters. I'm afraid, like most, the point is being missed. Writing snuff with 15+ right now, peachy. Writing snuff with under 15, not peachy. The other subjects are moot right now as, if you can age your characters to 15, you don't have an issue.

Again, this is just a discussion. The rule hasn't been changed, just amended. Your focus should be, if I'm not breaking the rules, it's fine. If you look through the site rules, there are no other restrictions other than underage content. I agree these things can spiral. But you're looking into a future that doesn't exist. It's hard to stay in the present, but that's what should be focused on.

My question will aways remain, why would people have a hard time not writing abusive content against underage characters when you just have to age up to 15? People still had a hard time accepting the amendment to rule 5 and that was a very minor change.

So, y’all are just in here insulting staff and other members because they don’t see eye to eye on the same issues? Should I just report these messages, so that we can get some moderation in here? Can any staff chime in? Like, we don’t need to argue about Zoophilia and incest, because that isn’t the topic at hand. We are discussing a particular thing and for a reason. And yeah, I came back, because some of you need to be told about yourselves. Professional help is needed. :)

Here you go.

I will give a pet project for anyone that wants to tackle it.

Explain to me precisely how 16/17 material is more offensive than people on here that write; snuff, non-con, incest, zoophilia, etc. By that logic if writing material under the age of eighteen is against the law and morally wrong, so should the above be as well. Because trust me when I state this. I have seen far more offensive material on here besides content portraying characters around 16/17 years old. I have stumbled upon a rape/snuff story before and I just stopped reading it. Because it was a bit too graphic for my tastes, even though I don't mind dabbling in darker fields, but I am not too fond of 'snuff.'

Once more, this seems like a cherry picking issue; all due to some people finding it an issue with players that want to write 16/17 aged characters. Should we raise similar flags with the above mention? Should I double down and create another topic involving the context of why snuff RP is allowed on this site?

Just saying how these issues can spiral out of control.

It's been mentioned the owner and admin receive request to ban non con and jokingly, I'd like to say ban sex of any kind and the site will become useless.

That material is offensive when involving underage characters. I'm afraid, like most, the point is being missed. Writing snuff with 15+ right now, peachy. Writing snuff with under 15, not peachy. The other subjects are moot right now as, if you can age your characters to 15, you don't have an issue.

Again, this is just a discussion. The rule hasn't been changed, just amended. Your focus should be, if I'm not breaking the rules, it's fine. If you look through the site rules, there are no other restrictions other than underage content. I agree these things can spiral. But you're looking into a future that doesn't exist. It's hard to stay in the present, but that's what should be focused on.

My question will aways remain, why would people have a hard time not writing abusive content against underage characters when you just have to age up to 15? People still had a hard time accepting the amendment to rule 5 and that was a very minor change.

I'll admit, I didn't even know the violence against characters under 15 was something happening until they added a rule pointing out it was now against the rules.

Yes, but I am directing the topic to characters above 15. Even I draw a line in the sand and that is why I am referencing content with 16/17 year old characters that may be written in adult matters of content.

Which once more is reflected towards the topic at hand with people wanting the age suddenly boosted to 18 or higher.

That is why I created that little counter-argument to see if any are willing to engage to present just how is writing 16/17 adult material more offensive than people writing other noted material on this site.

Once more I would like someone to explain to me how 16/17 is more offensive than players writing out graphic rape/snuff material on site? Along with other taboos instead of skirting around it. Because at the end of the day, a lot of that material is still morally questionable; but here I am presenting it in a retrospect of us all being civil adults, we should know how to differentiate between fiction and reality.

Yes, but I am directing the topic to characters above 15. Even I draw a line in the sand and that is why I am referencing content with 16/17 year old characters that may be written in adult matters of content.

Which once more is reflected towards the topic at hand with people wanting the age suddenly boosted to 18 or higher.

That is why I created that little counter-argument to see if any are willing to engage to present just how is writing 16/17 adult material more offensive than people writing other noted material on this site.

Once more I would like someone to explain to me how 16/17 is more offensive than players writing out graphic rape/snuff material on site? Along with other taboos instead of skirting around it. Because at the end of the day, a lot of that material is still morally questionable; but here I am presenting it in a retrospect of us all being civil adults, we should know how to differentiate between fiction and reality.

I assume one defense is adult characters, open season anything can go within rules of any forum and what the writers agree on to argue against permitting under 18 characters.

My personal belief is that if one is writing adult topics as an adult, it should be written about adults. I think providing a safe space for adults to fictionally abuse minors through fiction is in and of itself a slippery slope.

Yes, the victim can use it to process their trauma, but again, what about the other side of things? I would argue that a very, very small percentage of those portraying violent child rapists (I’m going to keep using the term child because, as is stated in the rules, BMR is hosted in the USA, and anyone under 18 is legally considered a child here) are doing so for altruistic reasons. Most of the people (note that I said MOST, not ALL) are playing these kinds of characters to satisfy their own fantasies, and I’m not sorry that I see people getting off to the rape, abuse, and sexualization of children as abhorrent and undesirable for a safe community.

The original question has been answered by the site owner and beaten to death by its participants. The healthy discussion has ended and each position has been effectively solidified, there's little use to continue pointing fingers and arguing the same points.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom