Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

There's a New Girl in Town (a Supergirl yuri Frozen Princess x Kevinn)

The afternoon wasn't awfully busy, at least not until the afternoon rush came in. Even then, it wasn't too bad. Jessica had learned to plan ahead for this, even more so on Saturdays when more people than usual showed up in anticipation of Sunday when the bakery would be closed. The crowd of both known and unknown faces was quickly served, Laura handling the tables while Jessica stayed at the counter. Most orders were to take away which would make the girls task slightly easier. Jessica loved the business behind the counter and she wanted to be the face of the bakery, she enjoyed providing the customer service that she'd become known for and found nothing to be more rewarding than customers leaving with a smile on their face.

It was about closing time when Kara finally came out from the back, looking a lot better it seemed. Unfortunately her review of the pastry wasn't quite as positive as Jessica had hoped for. It seemed the danish still had some work to be done, a few adjustments to try and get it up to standard. Even though the review wasn't great however, the baker was thankful for it and smiled at Kara. "Thank you for the honest review. I'll make sure to adjust for next time." She gave the reporter a wink.

"So Umm... Are you busy tomorrow? It's my day off.. I thought we could um, maybe go somewhere?" She blushed slightly, continuing with a last few mumbles words. "Like a d-date?"

Laura didn't have Beth's seemingly eidetic memory, as she found herself having to write orders down before calling back. It probably was a good thing that most were to go, and usually those that did eat in were residents of the neighborhood.

Kara sighed. "I wished I could give it a better review, but, I guess if something is too sweet for me, and you know me, I like sweet, then it might not be palatable for most others." Kara blushed as Jessica asked her out, as Laura began boxing up what's left of the donuts, she put a box of mixed creme filled to the side. A strawberry, chocolate, vanilla, three eclairs and two custard , which were the usual eight she grabbed for herself and her sorority house. She then went back to boxing a mix of others that Jessica would deliver to those in need, as Kara finally shrugged. "Lois hasn't told me yet we're doing anything tomorrow, so I guess I'm free all day. Where do you want to go? Or see? Or do?" There was always the ever popular Ocean City Amusement Park, but Sunday was ALWAYS the park's busiest of the week and jam-packed with families. The likelihood of the two having any place to escape to talk would be minimal, but fun would be out of this world.

Last edited:
Maybe she had rushed it a little too much. She really wanted to have it done for Kara though. Jessica wasn't one to give up anyway, the amount of failed attempts she'd made before perfecting some of her best sellers would surprise many if they were to know. Many thought she was some star baker, some kind of prodigy but it was nothing more than hard work and repetition. She perfected her recipes down to the smallest detail. In baking, everything mattered, no detail was too small and getting that right balance was sometimes just a stroke of luck, something she wasn't afraid to admit. Right now however, her mind was elsewhere as Kara mentioned she was free all day, seemingly agreeing to the date.

"Hmmm well, I actually haven't been on many dates." She laughed a little. "Maybe I should have planned something before asking?" She pressed her palm to her forehead. "Alright, well, I've got two ideas. Not sure which one sounds best so you decide. The first is the Amusement Park, you know, that popular one.. The... umm.. Ocean City I think it was?" She bit her lower lip gently trying to recall the exact name. "So, yeah, there's that.. OR.. I could prepare us a picnic. I think they just opened a new park just on the outskirts of metropolis. It's also got a really nice view of the sunset apparently if we stay there that long." She smiled, wondering which of the two her date would prefer.

Kara thought about the two choices, and turned to face the bay to the east. She then turned to face west. "Sunset Park. That's the only new one. It wasn't open to the public yet when I first came here." She pointed in the direction of the park. "And I think you're right. It was named cuz it's on the western side of Metropolis, like you said, on the outskirts... That sounds good, I think I'd like it more. No stories, no worries... Hopefully, no Lois, because I'm surely not saying anything more than it's a sort of make up date from the concert." She took Jessica in her arms, pulling her gently close.

Laura just shook her head and grabbed the broom to sweep up the kitchen and behind the counter, setting her (and her sorority's) donuts by her college jacket, and leaving the ones Jessica would take to the shelter on the counter.

Last edited:
"That's the name!" The baker called out as Kara mentioned it. It seemed like she liked the idea, a wide smile quickly spreading on Jessica's face as she agreed to the idea. The smile would only grow wider, accompanied by a deep blush as Kara took her in her arms, pulling her closer to her with what felt like a comfortingly warm hug. Jessica didn't move, not until Kara herself finally ended it. It felt nice in her arms, comforting, safe even.

As she moved back, she averted Kara's look for a moment while recomposing herself and allowing the blush to fade a little. "Right, well, it's a date then! I'll prepare the food, I'll take some of the leftovers from tonight too. Might give that little special of yours another try in the morning if mum's got nothing that she needs my help with. I'll get the balance right this time!" A confident look now coloured her face, a look she often had whenever faced with a challenge. She hated losing, competitive even against herself. "Right, so um, I should really close up here. Poor Laura's been sorting it all out. I really don't deserve these girls." She shook her head, still somewhat in disbelief as to how lucky she'd gotten with them.

"Well, have a good Sunday Laura. Enjoy your evening tonight too. You've really gone above and beyond this week. You deserve a good rest." She waved goodbye at her employee, leaving Kara and her alone to finish closing up. The baker collected her things, along with the remaining leftovers Laura had prepared and headed for the back door after locking the front. "Ready to go then?" She asked with a smile. "I've got to deliver these, I won't keep you any longer. What time should we meet tomorrow then? Say around midday?"

Kara made a face, "Sure you do. Every boss deserves employees they can trust." The reassurance along with the smile was dangerously close to spilling her secret. Kara had better hope Jessica wasn't extremely alert, and be thankful Lois hadn't seen the smile or heard the words.

Laura waved, "Head sister is planning a Girls' Weekend In, believe me I'm looking forward to a nice quiet Sunday. See you, Monday, Jess."

Kara just watched as Jessica finished locking up. And I thought I was fast. she thought as she watched. "Huh? Oh, sure. You're pretty fast. I didn't think to time it, but you might give Supergirl a run for her money in locking up. She might need an incentive, like a kitten stuck on the door frame, to beat you." Well, Kara wasn't lying about that. She'd only move if an innocent life was on the line. Jessica may very well beat her in a fair lock up race. She put hand to her chin when asked about the time. "For me, midday actually begins at eleven in the morning. A better question would be where. I'm close to Sunset Park." Like ten miles is close. Of course, being in the newly developed suburbs meant she was about 15 from Hawthorn Bakery, which was a couple miles from the downtown bus terminal. "How about the West Side Shopping Mall? It's about three miles due east of the park? Wait... How are you going to get there?" Kara was duly concerned.

Last edited:
Kara's words were quite reassuring, enough that the baker was too distracted between the words and her gorgeous smile to even consider any sort of link between the reporter and Supergirl. Not that Kara didn't seem kind or willing to help others, but it would have been hard to imagina her as Supergirl anyway, the two women seemed nothing alike, not really anyway.

Jessica laughed at the crazy suggestion that she would ever be able to compete against someone like supergirl, even if it were something as simple as closing up the bakery. The Superheroine could probably have it done before the baker even had time to blink. Still, she appreciated the sentiment. "Hmm.. A kitten stuck somewhere is a pretty big incentive. Maybe I'd get an adrenaline rush and beat her, who knows?" She shrugged, joking along with her date.

Jess nodded regarding the time. She may have had to wake up a little earlier to meet at eleven but it wasn't an issue. "Oh, don't worry about that. I'll take the train, or bus, I'm used to public transport. I do have a licence but barely been behind a wheel so tend to avoid driving, especially in this place. These roads are scary." She knew it sounded a little silly but there was something about driving that made her nervous. "How about you? How will you get there Kara?"

Kara winced, slightly. "Might want to get the all day pass for the Metro, it's good for any route, but only the Sunset runs that far west. It's the 77. I'll have to catch two. The 66 to get me there, and the 77 after we meet up at the Mall. At least you have a few more choices, the 5, 13 and..." She blushed and start giggling... Almost uncontrollably. "I'm sorry, I'm sorry, just... Pffftt! Ha! The 69!" For someone having been in town only two months, she had retained at least a year's worth of bus schedule knowledge. To top it all off, she couldn't be sure Jessica would get the lesbian irony of route 69.

She walked with Jessica and after finally getting herself back under emotional control, offered to carry the donuts for Jessica. "I'll have to walk to the closest 66 stop, which is the downtown terminal. Where are you going to be taking these?" she asked curiously.

Jessica walked along the beautiful reporter, listening as she explained how to get there. If the baker hadn't known Kara was a reporter, she'd have thought the woman worked for the metro, her knowledge of the routes off the top of her head almost expert, especially for someone who wasn't from the city itself. She couldn't understand why all of a sudden, Kara started giggling and blushing, not until she actually mentioned the 69 and all of a sudden, Jessica's face turned a deep red, a slight giggle along with it as she momentarily thought of it, of her, with Kara... Her eyes darted down to the ground as they continued walking.

"Oh.. I'm sort of walking that way too. There's a shelter on the way there, my usual stop to drop these off. They've always been really nice, I know a lot of people there. Even though they don't have much, they're always willing to help others. They were always at the bakery when I started off. I don't think I'll ever be able to repay their kindness." She smiled nostalgically. It wasn't a long walk until they arrived however, meaning she would soon be parting from Kara's side.

After a few minutes walk, the shelter came to be just around the corner. "Well, this is me it seems. I umm.. I'm really looking forward to tomorrow... to our date." She blushed as she said the word, still in slight disbelief that she was going on a date with Kara. It still felt almost like a dream she'd wake up from.

When they reached the shelter, and the glass entrance and foyer, showing the waiting room, a light Hispanic caseworker came out, her name on her ID said Moriah Nevada. "Oh, that's right, it's Saturday. I forgot, and usually I'm not here on the weekend, Charles called in sick. Let me get those, the residents will be extremely grateful... Well most of them." She then nodded to Kara. "Hardly newsworthy, Ms. Kent!" She teased with a twinkle in her eyes, although she and Kara usually ran into each other as their shifts ended Monday thru Thursday at around the same time. Moriah was probably the best case manager the shelter had, since she would jump in to fill a shift for staff. "Don't let her pull that dumb country hick on you, Jess, she's a lot smarter than she puts on to be."

Kara blushed. "I use this place to navigate, and it's my landmark to the bus terminal. Six blocks that way on this street. City Hall's right across the street from it. So, remember, 5, 13 and 69 to the mall bus station. Actually the 13 doesn't even come in the West Side Shopping Mall anymore, its stop is now on the street and you have to walk in to where the 77 pulls in. Dunno why, a lot of people get off to catch the crosstown routes or the 77 which is just the west side." A shrug. "Until tomorrow, then, see you at the mall, eleven am." She then gave Jessica a gentle kiss (because it lasted longer than just a peck) on her cheek and walked down the street, deeper into downtown. Moriah gave Jess a wink and smile, before going in to put the donuts and pastries left over in the large sitting area where the residents usually went to watch the news. Well, at least at THIS hour.

As the woman from the Shelter came to greet the pair, Jessica couldn't help but wonder if there was anyone in town that Kara didn't know. Though she hadn't grown up there, she seemed to be very well acquainted with just about everyone that the Baker had come across. She could only guess it was due to her job which constantly kept her on the move and likely the fact that she was just about the nicest person she'd ever met.. Though perhaps she was a little biased on the matter considering how she was crushing over the reporter. "No need to worry Moriah, I know there's more than meets the eye here. She can't fool me, I see the real Kara hiding behind those glasses." She teased, unaware of just how wrong she was.

A cute little laugh escaped her lips as Kara went on a small rant about the buses and how she used certain landmarks to guide herself. She seemed to be full of little quirks such as that one which the baker found simply adorable. Just as Jessica was about to reply however, her words were silenced before they could leave her lips, as Kara's lips pressed against her cheek, lingering for a moment, causing the shy baker to turn a deep shade of red. With a clear blush on her face as Moriah winked at her, she stuttered, managing a reply. "R-Right. Tomorrow 11am. It's a d-date."

All Jessica wanted to do was rush home and jump around excitedly in her room but she couldn't do that yet, she was in public. Her hand moved to her cheek where Kara had kissed her, still blushing. She did eventually snap out of it however and called out to Moriah. "Right well, I've um got to head home. I'll see you around! Have a nice weekend!" And with that, she was gone.

Next morning

One thing Kara had been so careful about, ever since she had learned the truth about herself, and the rocket that brought her to Smallville, Kansas as a baby, was keeping her double identity a secret. But something about Jessica seemed to make her want to throw it all out the window. She would never admit to the crush on Lois nowadays, but thanks to a sleepover one Christmas, some eggnog, and a simple truth or dare question from Lana Lang (NPC) not to mention the eggnog really hitting her.... Well, at least only Lana found out, about both Kara's crush on her and Kara's secret identity, thanks to her dare of Kara spending "Seven Minutes of Heaven" with her as said dare... Kara stopped the memory, shook her head, blushed and bit her lower lip, almost too hard, just like how she and Lana had almost gone all the way that night just before Christmas... Although Lana had promised to keep Kara's secret, Kara still felt extremely guilty about it, swearing to never get that close to an earth girl again.... Yet here she was, falling hard for the simple baker in Metropolis. Just like she had fallen for Lana all those years ago. "Pull it together, Kara. Last thing you need is yet another girl learning your secret. Yet... I can't help the way I feel... I know from experience that with this steel belted radial of a hymen, only a female could get in there to get me off, but getting close to her in that way.... Intimately... I'd put her at risk all the time. Look what happened with Lana? You really want to repeat that?" A sigh escaped her lips. "Even if we never did go all the way, I felt truly like an earth girl when Lana and I dated. Jessica is just like Lana in so many ways. Well, except, Jessica is a far better cook!" She chuckled. "Being Lana's girlfriend was always an adventure since she burned everything! Including fried ice cream!"

As far as she knew, Lana Lang was still in Smallville. At least her parents finally banned her from the kitchen... But as she prepared for her date with Jessica, she was starting to wonder 'what if?' possibly awaking something like the feelings she got from Jessica. With a wistful, far away look, she went out to catch the 66 going west instead of east towards town. The time was ten thirty.

Unbeknownst to both, Lana was flying her single engine private plane to the airport near the very park Kara and Jessica would be going to, arriving just about the time the two would be arriving at the park's entrance (and 77 bus stop) in a little over an hour. In fact, the two should see Lana's plane landing on the runway that bordered the entrance, running parallel to it about two hundred yards away.

Jessica's mind was racing before bed. She'd managed to spend some time with mum, the pair watching a movie together before they both headed off to bed, though not before her mother teased her about the date a little, knowing the nervous mess the baker could be at times. Of course, as usual, Mrs Hawthorn was not wrong. It was for this exact reason that the excited girl took far longer than usual to fall asleep, checking, double-checking and even triple-checking the details for the following day, what she would wear, the transport, meeting place and time. Yes. Everything was in order but by the time it was, she was exhausted, forgetting to set the alarm and falling fast asleep.

Yawning, Jessica moved, hearing something. "Jessica, Jess! Get up! You're going to be late to your date!" The baker jumped up from her bed suddenly, almost crashing into her mother who'd seen the time and rushed over to wake her up, thinking she would have already been out of the door by then. The baker saw the time and blurted out a mixture of curses to herself before thanking her mother. "Mum!" She hugged her. "Thank you, thank you, thank you. I've got to get ready. I've... I can't be late!" She rushed into the bathroom, fortunately having left her clothes ready for the day. Sacrifices would have to be made in the preparation process but she couldn't have Kara think she'd been stood up.

Through what could only be described as a miracle, Jessica had managed to get her hair done in record time, she was showered and dressed and ready to go. Unfortunately, she wouldn't be arriving with as much time as she'd planned of course, usually preferring to leave early to account for any transport delays. She checked the timings to take the first bus available, deciding on the 69 based on Kara's recommendations. In fact, it wasn't until she was rushing on the way to the stop that she remembered Kara's inability to contain her laughter regarding the route number. Having rushed to the stop, Jessica managed to make it there just as the bus was letting the last person on, waving frantically for the driver to wait and, in yet another miraculous act, succeeding. The baker dropped onto a seat, catching her breath, sighing in relief. Everything was alright now. She would make it on time.

Once the bus arrived at the mall, she swapped over to the 77, having just a couple minutes to spare between buses. It wasn't as full as she would have expected, actually managing to find a seat yet again, near the front this time, hoping to rush off once it arrived, eager to see her date. Fortunately it wasn't a long bus ride either, the park soon within her view as the bus neared it.

Last edited:
Kara kept watching all the buses that came in. There were two 5s before the 69... Which came in just after the 77. Kara got on the bus and made her way back almost all the way and buried her face in her paper. The Sunday Daily Planet was easily three times the size of the other ad filled one that came out on Wednesday. She just caught sight of the 69, but didn't see Jess as she got engrossed on coupon clipping... Well, sort of coupon clipping. She only separated the coupons she wanted from the others. There were ten bus stops between the Mall and Sunset Park Main Entrance, and kept looking at her paper instead of seeing if Jessica had made it.

Whereas Jessica would be near the front and that exit, Kara would come out the back exit. Which meant, Jessica would have been off the bus mere seconds before Kara! Just as Kara would fold and bag her paper and wave at Jessica, going in for a hug, Lana's single engine white plane with a blue stripe would breeze overhead to land at the adjacent small airport (mostly for small planes) and make it's perfect landing carrying it's lone passenger and pilot. "Some rich out of towner coming to check the park out, too. People are starting to come from all over to spend a day at Metropolis' newest park. Usually flying in to that airport since it's like literally next door. If a few hundred yards is next door, here. It would be in Smallville." She offered an arm and smile. "Let's go find a good place to relax and enjoy each other's company for the day!"

Although Lana Lang was well to do, she would probably thump Kara for saying rich. She would only be rich by Smallville standards. That meeting would be only a few hours away, because Sunset Park was EXACTLY where she was going since Kara had mentioned it in a letter; neither expecting the other to be there... And definitely not expecting Kara to be on a date!

As the bus finally pulled over just a couple of minutes before 11, Jessica rushed out. Fortunately she had been at the front and it didn't take much waiting, looking around to finally find Kara leaving the exact same bus. Her face lit up as she laid eyes on her date, a smile instantly forming as the girl quickly came in for a hug, which the baker of course returned as the noise of a plane thundered not far above them. She wasn't sure whose idea it had been to allow for the park and airport to be so close but it didn't seem practical at all. How were people supposed to relax in the park with such a noice above them?

"Yeah, I really don't know who had that bright idea but I guess it is what it is. Hopefully there aren't too many of those buzzing around." Jess replied, taking Kara's arm with a soft blush. She nodded. "Mhm. That sounds great to me, I've been looking forward to that. No bakery madness, no Lois, just you and me this time, for real." She let out a pleasant sigh, happy to have a real date with Kara as they walked arm in arm. "I have to confess, I almost didn't make it on time. I ended up falling asleep last night and didn't put my alarm on. I'm such a disaster." She laughed. "If it wasn't for my mother who knows what time I'd have arrived."

Kara shrugged. "At least it's only small private planes and not those commercial airliners." She looked up as if thinking about something. "Airport has been here. The city did need more green spaces and surely doesn't need any more strip malls." A glance to her date for the day. "Maybe that's why they're so close. If you're coming in on a small plane, which would you rather see? A nice park next door, or a high priced outlet store, and other eyesores?" She was letting her small town values and thinking show a little.

As Jessica talked about how she almost didn't make it on time, Kara laughed in spite of herself. "I almost missed my 10:30 bus because I was too busy waxing nostalgic about Smallville. You wouldn't have been the only one late for the date!" She wrapped her hand around Jessica's as they reached the trailhead of a wooded path that actually was the long way around to the picnic grounds. "Feel adventurous?" Kara asked with a coy look, facing Jessica and putting a hand gently around her waist. "We can take the scenic route!" She didn't pay attention to the sign that said it was 2.5 miles to the picnic area that way through a curvy path that also undulated, before climbing the hill to the overlook facing west.

If Jessica took the scenic route, there would be far more chances to get pictures of the local wildlife, both flora and fauna, maybe even see an American red fox. Just in case, Kara quickly got her camera out with her free hand.

She did have a point. Since it was private jets or smaller planes, they were somewhat less frequent and a lot less noisy, so it wasn't as much of a nuisance as larger aircrafts might have been. Still, though Jessica understood her reasoning, she couldn't help but think that perhaps it had been built by the airport precisely with the intention of attracting such people to the park. It wasn't that the baker had any issues with the upper society, she just never quite knew how to speak to people like that. "I guess you're right. The park is a much nicer view than a building. There's plenty of malls around and not enough parks."

There was a brief look of relief on the redhead's face as Kara mentioned almost being late for the date too. She'd felt bad for almost not making on time and it felt nice to know at least she wasn't alone. "It seems like we're both a bit of a mess." She laughed as they reached the wooded path and Kara left the choice to her, hands together, a soft blush on her face as she then felt the Kara's hand on her waist. "Oh." She blushed a little deeper. "I definitely feel adventurous. Nothing sounds quite as fun as an adventure with you." She replied a little shyly while the reporter took out her camera.

"I see someone came prepared. A reporter through and through hm?" She teased, giving Kara's hand a slight squeeze.

Kara shrugged her shoulders. "I don't know what you mean. Maybe I just want to catch some pictures to remember this day by. Want to pose with me here at the trailhead? Before the 2.5 mile walk to the top of the hill facing the west and sunset, and the picnic grounds. And maybe with just you with the regular camera, although it's digital, actually."

If Jessica was okay with it, the selfie with them at the trailhead would probably be the only one taken with Kara's phone.

They could then start their walk through the woods, with several other photographic opportunities.

Jessica couldn't help but blush lightly as she mentioned she wanted the pictures in order to remember this day. Not that she didn't already believe it, but it showed that Kara really did have an interest in her, that whatever they were doing, was serious. It made her feel more relaxed somehow, more comfortable and free to enjoy their day together. Eagerly, she nodded at the suggestion, pulling her date's hand lightly and spinning so that the picture would accurately get their surroundings.

"I guess pictures are a pretty good idea." She finally agreed with the girl, smiling sweetly. "I do want to be able to remember our first date." She made sure to emphasise the first, hoping that more would certainly follow. "I have to admit, I'm uh... A bit of a scaredy cat." She began as they began their walk through the woods. "One thing that really gets me is bugs, specially bees. I can't stand bees. I do apologise in advance if I suddenly jump. My ma says I got stung quite badly as a child and ever since I just haven't been able to even see them without getting on edge." She tightened her grip on Kara's hand, almost hoping that would protect her.

Kara wasn't worried about herself being stung. Although it felt like flesh, her body was like steel, it was one of the reasons Lois would always shaking her hand, after slapping Kara upside her head.

"Oh, bees don't bother me, much. I don't know if I've ever even been stung." Kara admitted. After taking the pictures; the selfie with her phone, and the one with just Jessica, with the digital, Kara took Jessica's hand again, and they began walking along the path, with the canopy of trees above them. "Can you believe it's August? Where did the summer go?" Never mind it was only the third. The month was just starting.

About half a mile in, Kara put a finger to her lips, pointed to a deer just up the path on the trail , chewing grass and not looking around. Kara quickly took up her camera to get a picture of it. Unfortunately, just as she got a good shot lined up, she both snapped the camera, and a twig under her foot, causing the deer to bolt. "Darn! I hope I at least got the shot..."

Back
Top Bottom