Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

There's a New Girl in Town (a Supergirl yuri Frozen Princess x Kevinn)

Kara Kent/Supergirl dialogue represented by teal. Lois Lane by Rosy Brown

Metropolis was a bustling city, and if you weren't careful, you could be run over. And not just by vehicles on the streets, or scooters and bikes on the sidewalks. This place could make Los Angeles or New York look calm in comparison. About the only thing it did have going for it, was that one of it's new residents, from some small berg in Kansas, was really it's newest champion. More on that as our story progresses. Right now, the focus is on a certain floor of a major metropolitan newspaper, one of Metropolis' many, called The Daily Planet.

"Lane! Kent!" Editor in chief Perry White barked for his star reporter and her protege. Only the star reporter showed up.

"Where's your protege, Lane? This is really HER assignment! She's supposed to be a cub reporter!"

Lois, a raven haired 20 something, shrugged. "You know Smallville, Chief.... She could probably get lost in the broom closet. I sent her to the supply room for that color toner you asked for." She looked at her watch. "Meh. It's only been ten minutes, I give it another..." Kara came in setting four colors down on Perry's desk. "Wow. Congratulations, Smallville. That's a new personal best for you!"

Kara blushed, adjusting her glasses. "I would have been quicker, but I couldn't find the yellow." She pointed to one of the toners.

Perry facepalmed. "You explain it to her, Lane... Later." He looked dead at Kara Lee Kent. "Young lady, you wanted your first story, I'm going to give you a chance. I want a human interest story. This person cannot be some famous CEO or anything like that. I want a blue collar, non famous, common worker not unlike yourself."

Kara showed her naivety by saying, "Like my mentor, here, Lois. Erm... I mean... Ms. Lane. Sorry, Ms. Lane."

"I won a Pulitzer. I'm disqualified. And I'm well known. Strike two, Smallville. If you can't think of anyone else... Like maybe where you go almost every day... I know someone perfect for you. Well loved in the community, and her cinnamon rolls are top notch."

Both Perry and Kara blinked at Lois. Kara's look was almost a blank stare. Perry's eyes lit up. "Ah. Yes, Lois... She'd be perfect! She's really only popular in her area. That lady could really use some free advertising!" He looked at the still lost Kara. "That's your assignment, Kent, I want a human interest story on her. Everything... Including her name, because it escapes me at the moment."

"It's Jess, Chief. I never asked her last, I'm a regular." Lois explained, before swatting Kara in the back of the head and shaking her stinging hand. "You and your hard head, Smallville! Ouch! And shame on you, you go there too, for that danish you like so much!"

Kara finally got it. "Oh! Yeah!" Then to Perry, "I won't let you down, Chief."

Perry nodded, clasped his hands in front of him and said, "Can you girls do me the tiniest of favors, hmm?" Once he was sure he had both of their attention, he slammed his hands on his desk and yelled while almost standing and leaning over his desk, "STOP CALLING ME CHIEF!!!!"

"I'll drop her off and get a cinnamon roll at the same time." Lois offered, grabbing Kara and pulling her out Perry's office.

"Get me one, too." Perry called, before facepalming with a groan at Lois's "Sure thing, Chief!"

Kara Screenshot_20220810-170017.png

As Supergirl
Screenshot_20220810-165402.png

@Kevinn

Last edited:
There was never a dull day in the city of Metropolis. Jessica Hawthorn had grown up in the city and come to enjoy the craziness that came with it but she always dreamed of getting away from it all. Of course she wouldn't stay away for long, after all, it was her home. Sometimes she just wished she could.. Fly away, soar up into the skies and enjoy the silence and the view from above.

The smell of freshly baked bread was already strong in the store when the doors opened for the day. Just like every other day, she woke up nice and early to get started on the fresh batch of bread and pastries for the day. She'd only been open for just under a couple of years but quickly became popular in the area, partly due to her willingness to help others and her kind demeaner, but also because they were, as her clients put it, 'the best pastries in town.'

It was no small relief that her business seemed to have worked out so nicely. She'd grown up with her mother, Lisa, after her father left them. He'd been kind enough to leave them the house they'd been living in before he moved away to Europe. At least that gesture meant her mother could continue to provide for herself and Jessica without working multiple jobs. When Jessica decided to stay home rather than going off to college, her mother decided to use what little savings they had to open the bakery. As a girl, Jessica always enjoyed of baking, she'd always said one day she would own her own bakery, somewhere where people could come in and leave with a smile on their face, and so, for her birthday, the mother surprised her with her very own bakery.

The aspiring baker was unable to accept the gift at first but eventually gave in, dedicating herself almost entirely to it, she gave it all her time and heart and the second day after opening, she had people queuing up to come in at opening. It was unbelievable. Every one of her neighbours, her friends, the community came together and made her little bakery the speak of the neighbourhood. Of course, although business was good, it was far from enough for her to truly repay her mother. The bakery was making enough money to cover its costs and for the girl to have a salary of her own but she would have loved to return the favour to her mother, to help her retire early and enjoy her life as she deserved. Though she was unaware, an opportunity may be on the horizon on what appeared to be just your average day in Metropolis.

"Bye, you have a good day now! Make sure to pass by later with the little one, I'll save her one of her favourites!" She called out to one of her usuals.

It wasn't long after the neighborhood patrol officer Grace Merritt, came in for her daily apple fritters, as in one for right away, another for later, and was paying for them, when Lois and Kara walked in. The two raven haired women stared at each other.

"Lois. Staying out of trouble, lately? Haven't fallen out any 15 story windows, needing rescued by a cute blonde in blue and red?" Grace wasn't ashamed of her crush on the strange heroine that graced the skies of Metropolis in the last month. Of course the officer wasn't the only one crushing on the supergirl hero.

"You are so smitten, Grace, you'd probably kiss her before you arrested her." Lois snarked rolling her eyes.

Kara scratched her head. "Arrest Supergirl? Why would she arrest her?" She looked at the patrol officer. "Actually, wait, why would you KISS her?! You're a female, too!"

Both Lois and Grace shook their heads, as Grace said, "Thanks, Jess, keep up the good work, and buzz me if you need me." She just gave Kara a look that practically screamed 'IDIOT' as she walked out with her bag.

Lois took a breath. "If you can find time, Jess, could you help Kara out with her assignment from Perry? Nothing fancy, just a boring li'l human interest story. Oh. And two of those Texas cinnamon rolls of yours. To go. Put a little extra icing on Perry's and box it, please. Mine can just go as is in the bag." After a sigh, she said, "Grace needs to drop it. That accident was a month ago, and vigilante or not, the flying girl that Metropolis is so crazy about, is actually doing good. Wish she'd stop putting me off for an interview, though, and I guess I named her when I wrote 'who is this super girl?', right?"

"That's a neat idea for one of my last questions!" Kara all but squealed. "Her opinion on Supergirl!"

Lois couldn't help but snark, "I'm beginning to think you're a natural blonde, Smallville. Unless that joke about the brunettes being dumber IS true, because I think that has GOT to be the dumbest thing you've ever said. The story is about Jess, here, not Supergirl!"

Kara just shrugged, but kept her notepad out. Lois groaned. She wasn't even going to ask where Kara's laptop was. She'd probably see it at Kara's desk at the office. All she could do was mutter "Smallville..." under her breath.

Last edited:
Although the woman was already on her way out, Jessica still overheard the conversation going in between her and the next customer while taking a fresh batch of muffins out of a nearby oven. The familiar voice of the famous Lois Lane replied to the officer, a voice Jessica knew well. Somehow, the reporter had become something of a regular at the pastry shop, often stopping by for one of her cinnamon rolls. What caught Jess' attention however was the comment on kissing Supergirl.

The red and blue hero had only been around for a short while but quickly earned a fair share of supporters around Metropolis, including one humble baker. In fact, supporter was likely an understatement, the word 'fan' was likely more accurate. Many disapproved of Supergirl, calling her a vigilante, arguing that she shouldn't be above the law, but that was nothing more than politics, the truth was, ordinary people, people like Jessica who nobody looked out for, appreciated having someone to call a hero, someone to save them when the police couldn't.

Returning back to the task at hand, the young baker placed the chocolate chip muffins onto a display tray and turned over to her next customer, giving Grace a nod with a bright smile as she left. "Good Morning Lois." Her bright smile was extended as she welcomed the woman. Jess didn't know much about Lois other than the short interactions they'd had but one thing was always clear, she didn't beat around the bush.

The request came as somewhat of a surprise. At first she wondered how she could possibly help someone with a story but after a quick moment's thought, it hit her. "A story? A-About me?" The words escaped her mouth, a nearby client, a regular, of hers overhearing and commenting aloud. "It was only a matter of time! Jess here is the best in the city!" A quick single clap followed his words.

Until this moment, Jess hadn't even realised the person standing slightly behind Lois. She was a familiar face too, someone she'd seen in the shop but never quite had a conversation with. There was something about her that always seemed familiar, the baker often catching herself staring in her direction, but she couldn't quite put her finger on it. "Are you sure you have the right person Lois? I really appreciate it but.. What could you possibly write about me?"

Moving to prepare the cinnamon rolls as per the reporter's request, she made sure to listen as she continued speaking. Jessica was about to comment on what she'd said when Kara spoke, resulting in a snarky comment from her mentor. Jess couldn't help but give a little laugh, bringing the two cinnamon rolls prepared as per Lois' request to the counter. "Well, for what it's worth, I think Supergirl is doing a great job. I just wish there were more people like her in the city. She's come here and started saving people and hasn't asked for a single thing in exchange. If that's not worth admiring, I don't know what is... In fact, if I didn't know any better, I'd say you enjoyed getting saved by her Lois, maybe it's not just an interview you're after hm?" She pushed the order across the counter to Lois, giving her a teasing look. "As for the interview, if you really do want to interview me Kara-" She stopped for a moment, directing her attention to the cub reporter. "I would be honored. We can do it over coffee if you'd like."

Jessica turned back to Lois. "These are on the house. For the interview and the support for our local hero. Don't go getting into trouble just to see her again." She teased once more, following up with her usual bright smile.

Last edited:
Lois sputtered at the taste of her own medicine she was constantly dosing Kara with, to the point it actually caused the cub reporter to giggle and say, "Touché! You DO obsess over her. And you have admitted the same thing. You just did again, here. She's a vigilante, but still does a lot of good." She then nodded to Jessica and said, "Green tea for me, though. I don't much like the taste of coffee, never did even on the farm where I grew up. And can I have one of your danishes, I've had apple, apricot, berry.... Oh just surprise me with one I haven't tried yet, thanks." She then went over to a two person table and sat down.

Lois recovered from the barb nicely, giving a smile back. "I don't really know what it is about your humble business, and yes, I probably deserved that, but see you tomorrow or the next day." Lois hardly ever went to any favorite haunt of hers, except the coffee shop inside the Daily Planet, everyday, so even saying that could mean something to Jessica. "See you back at the office later today, Kara, if you can find it with your poor sense of direction. Or, better yet, just text me when you're done. We don't want to call Supergirl out to look for you." She was finally out the door, in her car, and on her way back to the office.

Kara gave a smirk and roll of the eyes that would seem both odd, yet typical for any seemingly rube farm girl in the big city.

It seemed Kara had taken the opening Jess created to get just a small bit of revenge on her mentor, making the baker giggle a little behind the counter. Kara had always been on the quiet side when visiting but this seemed like a new side of her. "One green tea and a Danish coming right up. Feel free to take a seat and I'll be with you in a moment." The cute baker gestured towards a two person table over in the corner as Lois began to speak.

It seemed the reporter knew how to take a hit, not just dish them out. "My cinnamon buns and I will be looking forward to your next visit Miss Lane." It had been a while since Jessica called her that, having become acquainted with her some time ago, but it had a nice little ring to it.

Kara's eye roll didn't go unnoticed by Jess as Lois left. The two reporters had a bit of a strange dynamic but clearly seemed to get along. She wasn't sure how long they'd been working together but they were clearly friends.

The baker prepared the green tea for Kara and turned to her colleague, a college student she'd hired to help her out a little. "Mind taking over for a few minutes Laura? I'll be right here if you need anything. The girl nodded and Jess took off her apron, grabbing the Danish and green tea for Kara as well as a tea for herself.

"Apologies for the wait Kara. Umm, I'm Jessica, though everyone calls me Jess. We've never officially met though I have seen you around here a few times." The baker smiled sweetly, taking a seat at the table with her. "I got you a special one today. You're going to be my guinea-pig. I haven't actually put these out yet, they're blackberry and cream cheese." She usually saved the new flavours for her mother to try but seeing how much Kara loved danishes, it only seemed appropriate.

"So umm, how does this work? I really don't know what on earth I could tell you."

Kara, nodding and thanking her for the danish and tea, wasn't quite sitting with her crossed legs under the table, almost like she was trying to show them off. Maybe not to Jessica, but anyone who came in. Of course there wasn't a whole lot of room under the table, so perhaps this farm girl was a lot smarter than she pretended. She took a bite of the danish and her eyes bugged out, a huge smile crossed her face, causing her lips to slightly pucker, and she nodded her approval. After a sip of tea, Kara began, "It works almost like my interview when I got my job at the Daily Planet, and was interviewed by Mr. White." She explained. "Except I'm asking things like your name; some of your history, or at least what you want Metropolis to know, I mean even I know that the Planet and the Sentinel are the most popular of Metropolis' many papers; how did the idea of the bakery come about; other things you may want to share, as it's sorta your biography up to this point. I'll give you a sample. My biography. My name is Kara Lee Kent and I'm originally from Smallville, Kansas, where I grew up on a farm. I was pretty much a tomboy, and a big help for my Ma and Pa. I was on the school paper and track team, and set a speed record just last year in the 1000 meter dash, and another record in the long jump. I just graduated high school in May, and came to Metropolis over the summer, looking for an internship. I was a huge fan of Lois Lane's and jumped at studying under her. I completely forgot she won a Pulitzer until she reminded me today. I actually wanted to do the story on her, til she and Mr. White said it had to be like a more regular person like you. So, yeah, I've only been here about two, two and a half months." And Supergirl showed up a month after Kara had. Kara went quiet, knowing much more of her history would connect her a little too close to Supergirl. She didn't want or need that. She wanted people to like her for Kara Kent of Smallville, Kansas, not her blonde hero persona. And she definitely didn't need LOIS to know. That's why she'd been turning down those interview requests from her mentor. She opened her notebook to a blank page. "Oh, and don't worry about me missing anything? I'm probably the fastest shorthand note taker on the Daily Planet. I think I actually pissed Lois off on that, and that's why she's so hard on me. She used to be the fastest."

Maybe she had said too much after all, and held her breath. One thing Martha Kent had always got on her adopted daughter about... Was her big mouth. "If you aren't careful, your mouth is going to get you into a ton of trouble, young lady!" She'd been scolded a lot, growing up.

Though she didn't quite say the words, judging by Kara's reaction when she took a bite of the Danish, it seemed fairly clear that she enjoyed it, a nod of approval confirming it. After that though, the reporter got straight to business, the baker listening closely.

Although the interview was to be about her, Kara was nice enough to tell Jess about herself first, providing an example of what she wanted from her. "Wow, you really are impressive Kara, I had no idea." Jessica had noticed the woman's legs, they looked just about as perfect as legs could get and her story said it all. "No wonder you look so great, farm work must be hard! You're like the human version of Supergirl, athletic, smart and good looking.. AND you're both new to Metropolis." Jessica had just connected the dots without even realising it. It may have seemed silly but Supergirl was too... Super to be a normal civilian. Nobody as incredible as her could have gone by unnoticed so the thought never crossed the bakers mind.

Taking a small breather to sip her tea, Jessica thought about her own backstory. "Well, as you already know, my name is Jessica, Jessica Hawthorn. I'm from right here in Metropolis, live only a few blocks away. The idea of the bakery was actually my mother's. I've always enjoyed baking and well, in what I thought was a pretty crazy gesture on her part, she got me my very own bakery. It took all of her savings too so I just had to make it work. From day one my motivation is to have everyone who comes in through that door, leaving with a smile. If I can make their day just that tiny bit better, then I can go back to my mother with no regrets. I guess it's kind of why I admire Supergirl so much, she can really make a difference." She paused for a moment, her eyes looking up to the skies. "It must get lonely though, being able to do so much and not share it with others. I do hope she has someone to tell her how proud they are at the end of the day." A longing smile painted across her face before she shook her head. "Anyway, about me..."

Jessica went on to inform the reporter about how her second day already had a queue at the door and since then it just escalated. "It's the community y'know.. They're always willing to help, they've always helped mum and me so this is my way to pay them back. I think that's about all there is to know though, as you can see, I'm just a baker. There's nothing Super about me, just your friendly neighbourhood baker who chose pastries over college. Nothing special."

As she said those last words, she removed a strand of hair from her face, her eyes looking slightly disheartened for a moment as she said the last words. What she hadn't said was how she spent most of her life being invisible to others, how she never truly made any friends outside the neighbourhood and her customers. She'd daydream of waking up one day as Supergirl and being able to do some real good in the way and come back home to her loving family but in reality, it was just her and mum at the end of the day, nobody else.

"I hope I didn't deviate too far from the subject." She finally said, snapping out of the momentary daze and bringing back the smile everyone was used to seeing.

Kara looked at her notes, and then to Jessica. "And you call me impressive?" She asked. An awkward silence and a few more bites of danish, and she cleared her throat. "A few follow up questions if you don't mind. Were your abilities to bake and make these pastries you just somehow knew how to do, or was it actually through a trial and error kind of thing? How soon did you have like returning customers every day? Also, were there maybe home ec teachers or celebrity chefs you watched and took notes from?" Kara was looking to both round out the story, giving it more substance, as well as being, well, Supergirl (she couldn't help it) by showing Jessica that just because she wasn't noticed, didn't mean she wasn't special. Jessica was plenty special. Her success said that. Kara actually found herself crushing and maybe just a hint of actually falling in love for the first time. She shook her head, clearing it. With her double schedule anyway, where would she find time for romance, and who's to say Jessica even wanted to date a girl? Her heart was screaming it, but her traditions were already accusing her of what she all but called Officer Merritt. A pervert. Another close of the eyes as she sipped her tea and finished her danish. She looked expectantly at Jessica, who Kara couldn't help but notice as gorgeous in her eyes, anyway, for her response.

A red hue coloured her cheeks as Kara called the baker impressive. It was only then, during the few awkward moments of silence that followed that Jessica truly stopped to look at exactly who she had next to her. It wasn't just her legs or those beautiful eyes hidden away behind the glasses, Kara was an amazing person herself. Being the odd person she was, Jess had never really had time for dating, never really focused on herself, instead rushing home to help her mother. She had never stopped to wonder if she preferred men or women, though she always did find the feminine body more.. Attractive, more delicate. She soon found herself blushing further as she began to view the reporter with different eyes, shying away from hers for a moment until the silence was finally broken.

"Oh.. Well, I'm not entirely sure. At first I started following a recipe book when I was younger. My mother got it for me on my fourteenth birthday. Then I started to experiment on my own flavours and combinations. I guess you could say it was trial and error, though, it's like everything else, experience. Once you start playing around with flavours, tweaking recipes, you just develop a sort of sense for it. Nowadays I can usually tell if something is going to work when I come up with it. That's not to say I don't make mistakes though, every now and then it does happen. Fortunately I have mum to test all my new creations, and, well, you too it seems. That is, if you'd like..." She blushed a little once more as she subtly showed that she hoped to see the reporter again, hopefully in a less formal manner.

"As for teachers and chefs.. There was a teacher who gave me some tips in school, Mrs Gibbons, she really helped to bring out my love for baking. Sadly she passed away not long before I opened this place up. I do wish she could have tasted one of my pastries, maybe thank her for helping me back then." There was a brief sadness to her eyes. Loss was something that deeply hurt Jessica, she cared for those around her with all her heart and, when they weren't around any more, she missed them with all her heart too.

"I do think that's about it though, of course I enjoy watching others bake and see their creations but I'm just a small baker, far from the real professionals." Her tone had cheered up, moving on from the sad story and trying to bring a lighter air to the conversation.

Kara blushed as she was singled out as one of Jessica's two taste testers. She was already in love with her cherry cream cheese danish, and wow did the blackberry one hit the spot, too. She nodded, still feeling the warmth of her flushed cheeks, as she took notes about how and where Jessica got her baking prowess from. She bit her lower lip, and although the question of when she started to get regulars wasn't answered, Kara was more distracted by the offer of trying other flavors. Apparently, her favorite Sunkist soda was on her mind as she blurted what may or may not be random words to the baker. "Orange-Mango. Danish. I mean, yes, sure. I'd... Ahem... I'd be honored." Her blush grew to almost cover her whole face, forehead to chin, and one ear to the other. Her smile showed a bit of both her crush and naivete. "Why... Umm... Why don't I... Ahem... Gi-give you my number...?" She fumbled for one of her cards, which she had left at the office with her laptop, so she didn't have one, and finally wrote her personal cell number and name on a blank sheet of her notepad paper and laid the piece shyly down. "Ahem... I should ask now if you mind, at the end of my story, to use that one line..." She quickly looked through her notes, "Here. Here it is. That you admire Supergirl and hope she has someone to tell her how proud they are at the end of the day." She shrugged. "I mean, even Supergirl has to read the Planet, right? Who doesn't?" She fumbled for her cell, "I think that covers everything and thanks for your time and help and, yeah, the new Danish flavor. Think you'll have another winner there, at least with me." She blushed again as she shyly looked up.

Kara didn't know she almost blew her cover as the paper with her number, said, "S Kara L Kent", hopefully, Jessica would take it, since Kara was fumbling right at the end, she had just forgotten the M first, for Ms. After all, there was no period after her L either.

She could have sworn she felt her heart skip a beat as Kara's face turned a shade of red. Jess certainly made a mental note of the orange-mango flavour combination but the reporter's next few words took over all her attention. It was at that moment that her own face turned a bright red, her eyes looking away, down at the piece of paper.

"R-right." She replied herself. "Orange-mango. I'll make it um.. Just for you." If it was even possible, she blushed even further as she said the words. Fortunately however the subject did change a little when Kara asked about whether her worlds about Supergirl could be used in the article. Of course Jessica had no problem with it but she couldn't help but wonder whether her mentor would feel the same.

"Hmm.. I'm more than happy for you to use anything I said.. However, I'm not sure Lois will agree to it. She might get upset if you go ahead with it." No matter what, she had the feeling that Kara would make the article great, she trusted the reporter, something about her made her want to trust her. Lois on the other hand didn't seem to fond of Kara mentioning Supergirl in her article earlier.

With the interview over, it seemed like Kara was preparing to head out. It felt a little sad that it was done already, that she had to go. Jessica was quite enjoying their time together. She was enjoying Kara's company, her smile, her eyes, the way she spoke, how she made her feel special. She didn't want to wait for next time so she would just have to make sure next time came soon.

"Thank you for the interview and for, Umm, being my guinea-pig.. And your number." She mumbled the last few words, enough that they'd be hard for anyone with normal hearing capacity to catch. "I'll start work on that special danish right away, I'll make sure to, uh, well, umm, call you once it's d-done." God, she was a mumbling mess. She'd never gotten so flustered over anything or anyone. How embarrassing could she possibly make things.

It was only once the woman got up that Jess took a look at the piece of paper. 'S Kara L Kent' she read, wondering exactly what the S could stand for. Having read it, she looked up, watching the woman leave, feeling a flutter within her that she'd never quite felt before. Did she have a.. Crush on the reporter? Could it be? That she was falling in love? There were so many questions and yet she didn't quite have the answers.

Kara, not being your average person with average hearing, clearly heard the and your number, causing her to turn beet red, but since her back was to Jessica at the time, it wasn't likely Jessica would see or make the connection. Letting her face cool down as she called Lois for a pickup, Kara mumbled, but a lot more verbal than Jessica's part about the phone number. "Welcome. Umm, and sure, any experience, err, experiments, I mean, with, of the danish variety, I'm your girl."

When Lois came, Kara looked right in the window and hopefully catching Jessica looking back, held up her phone and mouthed Call me!

The next few days flew by and Lois actually did pop in, but this time with a huge lunch/dessert order just before noon. Pretty much half her floor at the Daily Planet wanted a donut or pastry, one staffer, Perry himself, wanted an 8" round yellow cake with flowers, pink, and Supergirl's S logo on it,, and "Happy Sweet 16" in the three primary colors. Happy in yellow, Sweet in blue, 16 in red.

Lois noticed the paper on the counter and it turned to Kara's article on Jessica with the title, "The Unknown Super Girl"

"Perry loved it, and Smallville went over my head... And even admitted to Perry she went over my head. He had the gall to actually tell her he was glad she went over my head! Jess, she really was supposed to clear it through me, but even after reading it, I have to admit, it wouldn't have been the same without the comparison, and it actually cut my heart the last line about why you admire Supergirl and hope she has someone."

The bell dinged as a new customer walked in and the whole line started congregating around her, calling her name. "Uhh, thanks, yes, um, your welcome... Uh," she blushed. "P-p-put your shirt down... Please... I um... Sorry, I... I don't sign body parts..." She looked forlorn toward the front. "A little help, please? I have a message from Kara Kent to Jessica Hawthorne... And I think I need a little crowd control..." One question must have caused the heroine fear because after a startled gasp, she said, blushing heavily, "Ohmigosh! I don't think I'm old enough for that! I don't think YOU'RE old enough either!" She was looking right at the elderly man who was wearing a smirk.

He hobbled back in line grinning, saying, "Was worth a shot..."

The last words she heard from Kara would stick with Jessica for the following days. 'I'm your girl.' Every time she remembered the words she would blush. Of course there was no way Kara meant them in the way that Jess so badly wanted, right? She just meant she was willing to try her pastries, surely, yeah. Still, she kept the words in her mind, along with the image of the gorgeous woman mouthing the words to call her, and dedicated herself to creating the requested danish.

A large group of tourists had just taken their order when Lois returned to the bakery. Up until now, the ace reporter had always wanted the same thing, she stuck to the cinnamon bun and seemed happy with it. This time around however it was a far larger order. Fortunately the order had been made in advance and Jess already had it all prepared, gathering the last few bits as Lois began speaking about the article.

Jessica herself could hardly believe it when she'd read it. Kara actually compared her to Supergirl! That alone already brought in all kinds of customers as soon as the article hit the streets. She had been busier than ever, leaving little time to perfect the creation she had at hand. "I really can't believe she did that. I told her you wouldn't approve." She tried to sound stern but was blushing, a giddy sensation inside. "I'm not complaining though.. Thanks to the two of you this place has been crazy, I might even have to consider expanding or hiring help. I can barely keep up with orders."

The Baker was about to continue speaking when there was the sound of a bell and an immediate uproar, Jess lifting her head, only to have her jaw drop. The baker was startled, frozen in place, for a moment she had even forgotten how to breathe, repeating this once more when the blonde woman spoke her name, saying she had a message from Kara Kent.

It took a few moments for her to snap out of it but she eventually managed to breathe in deeply, composing herself a little, just enough to speak. "P-please everyone.. Calm down. Let Umm.. Umm.. S-Supergirl pass, she's a c-customer, like everyone else." Except she wasn't like everyone else, she was freakin Supergirl, in her store, in real life. It took everything she had not to be fangirling in front of her.

Lois had just produced her phone and said something about seeing the cake Perry wanted, when Supergirl walked in. The poor heroine barely got in the door when she was mobbed, actually to the point jaded Lois Lane, who hadn't had any date in recent memory actually pitied her. "You heard Jess, people," She barked, "Break it up and let her breathe."

Supergirl thanked both and came up to the counter. "You'd think I'd be used to that by now." She said catching her breath.

Lois pounced. "Is this why you keep denying me an interview? Because after witnessing that for myself..."

Supergirl held up the stop sign and Lois actually put on the brakes of her question. "First, I do need to deliver my message? I want to talk to you, but not be interviewed. You're half-right Miss Lane. The mob scene is part of it." She looked at Jessica. "Are you Miss Hawthorne?" She went into her cape and produced a bottle of Sunkist Orange-Mango soda, still cold. Out of the same seeming "pocket" came a pair of recognizable tickets. The sold out concert, one night only, of Candy Pop's world tour, the following night at seven. "She only asks you leave her a voice message when I got these to you, and hopefully with a yes attached." She shook her head and chuckled. "She was speaking in some Earth language I must not know, because I barely understood what she was going on about."

Lois chuckled. "Yup. You were definitely talking to Smallville, then. She has been all over the board for the last few days. It's called twitterpated."

Supergirl shook her head. "I'm sorry. What is... Twitter pated?"

Lois pointed to the paper and the article, made the motion of a heart, pointed to Jessica and then made like bird motions with her flapping hands and throwing kisses. "Twitterpated. Understand?" She pretty much was talking to Supergirl like she would have Kara.

Supergirl smirked with a head shake. "I don't understand what you are talking about, Miss Lane. Would you like me to fly you to the hospital? I do know a crush when I see one, and brother or sister, she's got one bad. Maybe even in love." With a wink, she said, "And I think you might be crushing yourself."

The hard boiled reporter suddenly felt very scrambled, and blushed. "Right. Jess, Perry asked me to get a picture of the cake, so can you undo it real quick?And also, how much do I, or rather half of floor 15 of the Daily Planet, owe you?"

She also looked back at Supergirl behind her, analyzing her. "You and Smallville have a lot in common. Yet nothing whatsoever. For example, I swear she could get lost in a broom closet! You get lost with vocabulary you don't understand."

Supergirl laughed. Yes, it was aimed at her civilian self, but it struck her so funny, she actually laughed. "Nobody can be that dumb, Miss Lane, come on now."

Lois peered at her. "How well do you know Kara Kent, Supergirl? I work with her five days a week, sometimes as much as ten hours a day."

Supergirl blushed, shut her mouth and had nothing to say to the star reporter.

"That's what I thought. Sorry to burst your balloon, I'm surprised you haven't had to rescue HER yet." Lois commented turning to catch the photos Perry wanted, of not just the cake but everything else, too.

Last edited:
Fortunately, where Jessica lacked the ability to move, it seemed not even in the presence of THE Supergirl, did Lois Lane find herself phased. All she did was watch as the scene unfolded, the people making space for the heroic blonde to move towards her. Lois was able to speak so casually to Jess' hero that it actually made the baker a little jealous as the two exchanged words, a healthy jealousy which quickly dissipated when the blue eyes looked towards her.

With widened eyes and a somewhat shaky voice, the baker replied, nodding alone with her word. "Y-Yes." That's all she could muster up without becoming a blabbering mess in front of the blonde who proceeded to producing a bottle of soda along with two concert tickets. Though Jess wasn't one to go to concerts, given she never quite had the time, even she recognised the tickets. It was all over the news how it sold out in record time, one of the hardest events to get to of the century. If she hadn't been at a loss for words previously, she certainly was now.

"A.. V-voice message. Right. Yes. Right. Voice message." She repeated the words a few times, almost as though to make sure she understood them herself. Meanwhile, Lois of course didn't miss her chance to make a little jab at her protégé. Though she wasn't present, the reporter clearly had made a habit of throwing quips her way. Once more, the two began chatting while the entire crowd watched them, as though it were the most casual scene on the planet.

Though she watched the exchange between the two, Jessica felt like she was missing something. Perhaps it was due to her current state of awe at the fact that Supergirl was in her bakery but she couldn't quite understand what was going on. Heck, if she hadn't known any better, she'd have thought Lois was telling Supergirl that Kara had a crush on.. on the baker herself. The thoughts and feelings were becoming more than she could handle. Was Kara really crushing over her? Was the concert a... date? What should she wear? Was Kara friends with Supergirl? Did Lois actually have a crush on Supergirl too? Or was the blonde just teasing her back? Why had Supergirl delivered the message herself? Did she like pastries? Did she want one? Was this all a dream?"

With all the noise in her mind, she almost didn't catch Lois' request for a picture of the cake. In fact, it did take her a few seconds to react, only actually moving when the college student she had there nudged her. She prepared the cake for a photo as the reporter requested, her face flushed red from all the information she was trying to assimilate. Lois' order was ready, she'd taken the items Supergirl had brought her, she was beginning to breathe again. She focused on the bottle of soda for a moment, quickly understanding the reason behind it which helped her get back to herself, smiling once again.

"Thank you for um.. Bringing these S-Supergirl. I can't really let you leave here empty handed though, please, take something before you leave, anything you want, on the house, for everything you do for us. You shouldn't be the only one taking care of us, we can help you too." She'd always thought the heroine might have felt lonely, this was probably the only chance she would ever have to try and give back a tiny piece of everything she did for Metropolis. "And please, take care of yourself."

The baker did turn to Lois now that she was back to her usual self, albeit with a slight stutter still in her words. "And Lois.. Didn't we speak about your crush on Supergirl just the other day? It seems I'm not the only one under the impression."

Lois looked over to Supergirl as her own crush got put right where she had to face it. Again. "Ridiculous." She scoffed. "I do NOT have a crush on Supergirl. Preposterous." She cleared her throat and said, "so how much for all these goodies? A half dozen cream puffs, the decorated 8" round cake, a baker's dozen mixed donuts and my usual cinnamon roll." She pulled out an envelope that apparently held the office's pooled moneys for the items, with an amount written on it of $50. Perry's cake for his niece was easily $18-20 of that.

She and Supergirl both rolled their eyes at the same time as Jessica mentioned taking care of herself. Lois sighed. She'd let the heroine field that one. She was still feeling a bit scrambled from Supergirl's comeback earlier.

"While I appreciate the gesture, Miss Jessica, I'm sort of invulnerable. Not much can harm me." A bright smile. "I love taking care of Metropolis, but I will take you up on that, Kara told me you make stellar cheesecake danishes?" Actually it was CREAM cheese with some fruit, "Cherry, blackberry, are there any others? If not, I'll try a cherry cheesecake one."

Lois was growling under her breath, but she finally let it out. Loudly. "SMALLVILLE!!!!!!" After her temper flare, she said. "Yeah. She told you wrong. Not necessarily a lie, more a misnaming. Jess has CREAM cheese danishes, not cheeseCAKE danishes. Huge difference. And Kara's getting an earful when I get back to the office! You can take THAT to the bank!"

Supergirl's eyes bugged out. "Wow. Uh. Okay, Miss Lane. Don't be too hard on her if it's as simple as misnaming something." She looked at Jess. "So, what are the flavors of these cream cheese danishes? She raves about the blackberry, but I'd like to know the selection before going with her suggestion. Or sticking with mine. Cherry."

Everyone waited with bated breath. Even Lois. The bakery might get busier yet, because no way was Lois Lane going to pass up the opportunity to get one up on Kara Kent by printing Supergirl's favorite pastry. It was interesting that Supergirl also liked danishes... Not uncommon, a lot of Metropolis liked danishes, but interesting that the two newest residents of Metropolis liked the same TYPE of pastry. Lois's mind was already working and analyzing.

Though Jessica only joked about Lois crushing on Supergirl, judging by the reporter's reaction there may have been a bit of that deep down. Who could blame her though? Supergirl was everything anyone could ever want to be. The Baker herself had her own little crush on the hero as did a good percentage of the people in Metropolis.

As the baker quickly calculated the total for Lois, the eye roll that both women gave her didn't go unnoticed, even as she listened to the seemingly invincible woman reassure her, she would still insist on the fact that even she needed to be taken care of from time to time.

Jess was chuckling lightly at the blonde's short ramble on the flavours, noticing that Kara hadn't quite gotten the flavour recommendation right, but she knew which she meant. She was just about to intervene and correct the superhero and tell Lois the total when she jumped back slightly, scared by the reporter herself as she let her temper out, instigated by Kara's mistake.

Once the daily planet's ace reporter's rant was over however, it was laughter that erupted from Jess for a moment, slightly in disbelief at how seriously Lois seemed to take her flavours and the fact that she considered it worth giving Kara an earful over it.

Attention was quickly shifted over to Supergirl as she began asking about the flavours of the different danishes. "Hmm well, we have a few different ones. The blackberry is my newest creation, it has become quite popular. Then we have your standard cream cheese on its own, not everyone wants it fruity it seems, cherry as you already mentioned also, orange, peach, and apple. Since it's your first time trying them, I would recommend the cherry, can't go wrong with what you already like.. Right?" It seemed like once it came to her baking, the nerves fro talking to Supergirl did disappear somewhat, instead replacing them with a smile. That was, until she looked up at the blonde and her shyness returned, averting her eyes with a slight blush.

"Umm, as for you Lois, that'll be $43." She prepared the change, handing the money over to the woman together with everything neatly placed in a carrier bag. "I threw in an extra something for Kara since you didn't get her anything." Her tone changed slightly, almost telling the reporter off. "It's one of the blackberry ones, since she seemed to enjoy it."

Lois actually ignored the tone, and said as she grabbed the bag, "She didn't ask.... Blackberry cream cheese? Since when?! Don't you mean either the orange cream cheese or the plain apricot? Those are the two she usually goes between."

Supergirl told on herself, "When I was getting the tickets and soda from her, she mentioned she was the first to try the blackberry cream cheese and fell in love with it. It makes sense if that's her new favorite. And I'll go ahead with the cherry cream cheese, Miss Jessica. Thank you, kindly."

Lois nodded to both Supergirl and Jess, muttered under her breath something clearly that would have been aimed at Kara, and left. If only she knew the truth, she probably would have torn Supergirl a new one right there in front of everyone.

Supergirl leaned on the counter. "Really want to make me something I'd like and get every day? And be more than willing to pay for? A jalapeno with cream cheese danish. I went to the Latino bakery up the street when I first arrived, tried one, and wow. I usually stop there but wanted something a little cooler for my tongue today. Besides, I wanted to meet the unknown me." She smiled brightly again, "Plus doing the favor for Kara. I have a feeling someone else was asked first... But she seems sore at Kara for some reason. At least at the moment. More than just going over her head for a story." She then pointed to the tickets, "I wouldn't wait to give her an answer, if I were you. I'm actually a little jealous, and relieved, she didn't ask me. And think... What just happened here? That's why I can't go to any concerts. I'd probably steal the bands' spotlight. I definitely don't want to do that. Everyone deserves a chance to shine." She stepped back to wait on her danish and go in her cape, pulling out her (well, Kara's) cell phone and turned it off. "On second thought, I'll have that danish, here, please." Messages would still get through, but Jessica would reach voicemail after a partial ring, now. A reporter should be busy right now.

It seemed that Kara hadn't given Lois all the details about their interview. The Baker was about to mention that her protégé had tried it then when Supergirl intervened, explaining the situation. It really made Jessica wonder just how well the hero new Kara, the two clearly having had a conversation at the very least, though it seemed more than that. Why was Supergirl acting as a messenger for a cub reporter?

"Right, coming right up!" Her mind returned to the task at hand as Supergirl made her order and Lois turned to make her way out. "Have a good day Lois, hope everyone enjoys and Umm.. Say Hi to Kara for me!" A faint shade of pink coloured her cheeks as she said the last few words. Her attention however was quickly taken by the heroine as she leaned on the counter.

Jalapeño with cream cheese. The young baker's mind was blown instantly. She could already picture it, almost taste it even. The thought hadn't even crossed her mind but it sounded like a match made in heaven, of course it was no other than Supergirl who gave her the idea. It was the blonde heroines other words that really got to her though. 'The unknown me.' Jess turned red once more as she took the danish from the display. "I.. I Umm.. I never said.. Kara just.. She.. I don't know what she was thinking, she.. I would never.." Once again, she was a mumbling mess. "She Umm.. She overestimates me.. I'm just a b-baker."

Her breathing had become a little faster from the nerves of the situation and now, now Supergirl was encouraging her to call Kara? And she was going to have the Danish in the bakery? A crowd was already gathering outside after word had spread that Supergirl was there but it seemed it would only be the beginning.

Serving the danish to the heroine, Jess did however recompose herself enough to let her empathetic, protective side make another appearance. Supergirl's words about the concert hadn't gone unnoticed by the baker and she made it clear. "It's not fair though. You should be able to. I know you're not like us, I know you're special, that you can do the most amazing things but.. You deserve to live too. There's no reason you shouldn't be able to enjoy yourself. If you don't.. You'll just get lonely. Why save the world if you can't live your life too?" She was only asking rhetorically but, at the same time, truly wondered why anybody would do such a thing. The baker sighed." Sorry. I Umm.. I guess it's none of my business really. However, as long as I'm here, you'll always be welcome in my bakery, I'll make sure they treat you like another person. I'll have a word with anyone who does otherwise." She looked around at the people, directing her next word at them. "Understood?"

It wasn't often that Jessica out on a serious face and even then, it only lasted for a moment before her usual smile returned. "The truth is.. I really want to go to this concert with Kara, I've never been to a concert before. But, well, if you'd like to go with her, if you'd like to have a normal day for once, or try to, I'm sure she would understand it if you went with her. You two seem to be friends. I'm sure she wants what's best for you too." To say she wanted to go was an understatement of course, she had been jumping of excitement in her mind at the thought, already wondering what she would wear, but Supergirl sacrificed so much for Metropolis, Jessica could surely sacrifice one concert.

Supergirl watched as the baker started going to pieces seemingly. "I know, I read the article. We're being compared because of our similar traits. That was to grab the attention of the reader. It definitely grabbed mine. I'm sure Lois already got on her about the headline, but you have to admit, with your humble beginnings and demeanor, you could probably be me in another universe. That's not even that hard for me to picture, just from the way you're sticking up for me right now. You know what that's called where I'm from? :bysh. Pronounced m.bIs.* It means friend. And that's all I want most of all. To make friends." She shook her head, and said in a whisper, "Miss Jessica... Kara doesn't like me in that way. And I'd feel horrible taking your place. I'm a :bysh, I think she wants a shēd:bysh. sedm.bIs.* uhh, GIRLfriend. I could be wrong on that, but a soda and tickets to a concert? Where I'm from that's going steady. I don't know what it is here. She was pretty specific the tickets are for you and her. I wouldn't feel right intruding on that." She gave a wink, pointing to her ears, "Besides, super hearing? Loud concert? I don't think that'll mix very well. I don't want to be a distraction. Go. Have fun. Just tell me about it next time I come in, deal? I did just ask if you could make the jalapeno cream cheese danish." Even her blue eyes seemed to sparkle with selflessness.

*The I looks like a Roman numeral one and both the s's are long and squiggly. from the Kryptonian dictionary.

Just as Supergirl said, Jessica was well aware that the title was meant to grab the reader's attention but it still felt unrealistic to her to be compared to someone as great as the heroine. Not only that, but, the blonde went on to say how in a different universe the humble baker may have very well been Supergirl. It was unthinkable to her of course, if it had come from anyone else it would have almost sounded blasphemous even, but coming from Supergirl herself, well, it resulted in a surprised look and a shy "thank you."

Under different circumstances, Jessica might have been intrigued by Supergirls language, she'd have likely asked more about it, wanted to learn it, however, the context of what the blonde was saying was more than enough to throw her into another mental breakdown. Though it clarified that Kara and Supergirl were friends, even that went right over Jess' mind, there were only two words that remained.. shēd:bysh.. Girlfriend. "G-g-g-girlfriend? Me?" Her face went bright rend, her fair complexion unable to hide it. Did Kara really want her to be her girlfriend? Did Kara like women? Why her? Why Jess? She'd never had a girlfriend, what was she even supposed to do? Questions flooded her mind once again, unable to answer them as her breathing accelerated once more, her hands on the counter to steady herself as her legs felt weak.

"I.. You really think she.. Umm.. Wants me to be her.. G-girlfriend? Me?" She was still unable to believe it. "I.. Right, yes.. No, a concert and your super hearing probably wouldn't go well together, that's true." Though she moved on from the subject, her eyes were looking right through Supergirl, her mind still on Kara. "Jalapeño cream cheese, I'll definitely work on that one. It could be a game changer. Maybe I'll name it after you." Her last words were bolder than she'd have typically said to the blonde heroine but given her state, she wasn't quite thinking straight.

Regaining her sense of reality, she suddenly looked up at Supergirl, a serious look in her eyes." I'm really sorry, I've got to go make a call. I Umm.. I need to call Kara. Please enjoy your danish, I really do hope you like it. Like I said, you can stay here long as you like and enjoy it, I'll make sure nobody bothers you." She didn't give much time for a reply, shuffling to the back area and searching for her handbag, taking her phone and immediately calling the cub reporter.

As she called, it quickly went to voicemail, giving her a moment to take a deep breath before starting. "Hi Kara, it's Umm.. It's Jessica, from the bakery. I just received you... Message? From Supergirl. I.. Well, thank you for the soda, it'll definitely help, and, well, I would love to go to the concert with you. I'll be looking forward to it.. And to seeing you again." The message ended and Jessica took a deep breath, making her way back outside to the bakery after a few moments to collect herself.

Supergirl had waited just long enough to feel the vibration from the phone (which was on airplane mode, not completely off), before finishing the last of the danish and leaving. Unbeknownst to her, a list she had made herself in Kryptonian, had slipped out of the cape pocket and landed on the floor at the table where she had eaten. The odd symbols wouldn't be understood, but the Roman numeral bullet points, would. There were seven, numbered I-VII. The last one checked off was IV, so would have had to be regarding Jess and the bakery. There was even a side note, in Earth English in the margin on the left side of the IV, in a flowery cursive writing, "don't forget to ask about the jalapeno." An obvious note to herself.

Kara would get back to Jessica a few hours later, about three in the afternoon. She sounded winded, and a little worried. "Hey, Jess, Kara. Glad you're coming with me to the concert, so, I hope you like modern dance light rock type along the lines of Pink and Selena Gomez and the like, cuz that's what Candy Pop is. Umm. }Sigh{ where could I have left it? Sorry. Distracted. Concert's at seven at the Metropolis Opera House, so you know it's gonna be big and loud. Should I pick you up at the bakery say five-thirty-ish? I'll be getting off at four thirty, but want to make sure you've had time to close up, yet we have enough time to find a place to park. Lois is letting me borrow her car, so, that's what to look for. Let me know if you want some ear protection plugs, wait that's not the right word... Sound blockers?"

Jess would have the list overnight, as Supergirl wouldn't be back until the next morning, the day of the concert, and in line, waiting for the bakery to open, with an obviously embarrassed look on her face. How hard would it be not to try to break the code of Supergirl's language?

(Just in case Jessica tries:

I Press costume and cape
II Do NOT rile Lois unless you have to. She's mad enough at you.
III Remember tickets and soda
IV Deliver gifts to Jessica Hawthorn at bakery. Get right person! There's two girls there!
V Key to the city ceremony is today.
VI Check in with police and fire on final patrol.
VII Try not to lose this list like the last two times...)

It had been a while since the baker felt so tired at the end of a work day. It had certainly been eventful to say the least. Even feeling as tired as she did however, the thought of going to the concert with Kars the following day was giving her the adrenaline boost she needed to clean up after the store had shut. She was just about done with it when she noticed a piece of paper, tucked away under a table. The Baker picked it up as any normal person would, and, tried to see who it belonged to. The owner quickly became apparent judging by the symbols on it.. Supergirl.

Just as Jessica was about to try and read what the note actually said, her phone rang and she rushed to the back, wondering if it would finally be Kara. She wasn't wrong. The baker took a breath and picked up the phone. She listened to her crush tell her about the concert, and the plan to get there, but couldn't help but notice her a little short of breath. Working with Lois however, it didn't entirely surprise her. If Lois was anything like she imagined at work, it's a miracle Kara could even keep up.

"That sounds absolutely amazing. Five thirty is perfect, I'll make sure to be ready by then, I promise." The baker hadn't thought about transportation, but fortunately it seemed that Lois, even while being unhappy with her cub reporter, had them covered. "I'm sure I'll be fine, no need to worry. I'm just.. Umm.. I'll be looking forward to it. To seeing you tomorrow. I'll make sure to bring you a little surprise too, as a thank you for the soda and the tickets.. And the article!"

After a nice, long, hot shower, Jessica could finally rest for the day, letting herself drop flat onto her back on her bed and reaching into her bag to pull out the piece of paper she'd found in the bakery, along with her phone. She tried to research some of the symbols online but had no luck doing so. The farthest she got was deciding that the part on the left were roman numerals and it must have been some sort of to-do list, judging by how things seemed to be scribbled off. Eventually she gave up on it for the night and fell asleep shortly after, exhausted from a long day and looking forward to the following one.

When she awoke, nice and early as usual, she quickly went to her wardrobe, carefully picking out an outfit for the concert. She didn't want to feel cold while there but wanted to look as cute as she could for Kara. She chose a flower blue dress, hoping that seeing as it was summer and it would be indoors, it shouldn't be too cold. Following her usual morning routine she got to the bakery early and began to bake the goods for the day, along with running some tests she needed to run. She needed it to work. Before long, opening time had come.

As the door opened and the crowd filtered in, Jessica would see two familiar faces, a strawberry blonde high school teen girl who was constantly asking if she was hiring, and Supergirl, who was waiting patiently for her chance to get in the door. Grace, the patrol officer, was also there. One order was almost a guarantee. Two apple fritters.

"Hi, Miss Jessica," since most high schoolers greeted her such, it might make Jessica think Supergirl was a high school student. Possibly a senior, "Remember me? Elizabeth? Have you thought of hiring anybody on yet?" She glanced behind her at the huge crowd. "I could do things like serving, wiping down tables, try to cut you some slack instead of trying to do so much." She then pulled a ten out of her purse. "And mom wants her usual Thursday dozen mixed for her book club, please." She'd follow Jessica to the counter and the crowd would follow her.

All the tables would be taken by the time it was Grace's turn with Supergirl sort of slightly behind her, just like another raven haired woman had a certain brunette behind her... Only Supergirl was staring at her feet instead of the eyes taking everything in that Kara had from behind Lois.

After getting her fritters, the patrol officer teased the heroine, "Cheer up, hero, it's a bright day, what wind is blowing is off Metropolis Bay, and Candy Pop's in town. And, the mayor just gave you the key to the city, yesterday, that means MPD can't touch you without the fat cat probably sitting on whoever even tries to cuff you and stuff you." She patted the shoulder of the blonde, after kissing her cheek, as she went back out the door.

Supergirl touched the spot where the officer kissed her, turning a bit carnation pink, as she came to the counter and pulled out a couple of dollars. Without looking up, she quietly asked, "I need a cinnamon roll peace offering... And if you ah... Mighta found my list yesterday?"

There were only a limited number of people that got Jessica's Texas size cinnamon rolls. All prominent. And talking behind turned to who could Supergirl have pissed off. Most were saying Lois Lane, others the mayor, a few the new 20something college professor who specialized in antiquities. One broke it down, "Lara? Possibly. The mayor? Well, she was a few minutes late for the ceremony, and even apologized. Lois? Who doesn't piss her off? Even accidentally?"

Back
Top Bottom