Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

To Be Chased Through the May Fields

His touch on her face was searing hot but not in an unpleasant way, quite the contrary. Cari had dated before, she was intimate with guys and thought she was in love but this little encounter told her it was not true. She was just intrigued, liked the attention, enjoyed the fact they liked her for who she was. But it was not love. What she felt now, hammering heart, hotness in her cheeks, fast breathing, warmth spilling inside, butterflies and fireworks fighting in her belly. That was love. With Alex. Only that.

"I'll get there." she smiled and realized it was the most natural thing to lean into Alex as they walked. Her parents truly did a number on her, she was very much aware of her own faults. But she also knew there were people who really hoped to help her. And now Alex joined the team. "I would love that. You could come over to my place and..." Once again her eyes went wide open. She just casually invited a guy to her home? Was she that smooth? "I mean...only if you want to of course. But you could and I could bake you something really good. I know I can charm you." she grinned as they walked up the stairs towards the large door of the Columbia university.

"I'm sure it'll be positively delicious." Alex kissed Cari on the cheek as they entered the building. He also felt a whirlwind of emotions, physical sensations and other good things now that he knew how Cari felt about him. "I actually have a class too, so I'll see you later, okay?" He leaned in for a kiss on her lips before she could answer.

What was happening, Cari had no idea. She woke up today as a miserable nerd with only a few friends, bullied even at college, and now, half a day later, she had a boyfriend who was taking her to the Comic Con? What was happening indeed? She was shaking and her lips were tingling and burning where Alex kissed her. For a moment, she stood there and said nothing and just stared in the distance before she was able to tear herself out of the reverie and disappear inside to attend her lecture. However, her head was totally somewhere else and she had no idea what today's criminology was about. And Tessa noticed.

"Okay, spill." Tessa grabbed the redhead and quite literally dragged her to the bathroom. And yes, Cari talked, described everything and how it happened and that basically, she had a boyfriend now. And Tessa just stared and couldn't believe her own ears.

When Cari walked out of the school later in the afternoon, she still didn't know how to handle the surge of all emotions. Maybe the Comic Con was her needed vacation and the perfect resort to sort out her feelings.

Alex was waiting for Cari with a bouquet of flowers and a smile. "If this is too much, I'm sorry," he said apologetically as he opened his arms for a hug. "You wanna go somewhere for dinner, or just hang out? Or do you want some space? I mean, you're my best friend and all, but I will admit I have no clue how to be your boyfriend." Using that word seemed to cause Alex to stand a little taller, smile a little wider as he waited for Cari to respond.

Back
Top Bottom