Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Attacking Shadow (Kitsune and Degu)

After Annaliese threatened him and the idea of sleep had been mentioned, Lucian, too, found it rather easy to oblige. The mixture of injury, strong medications, and the warmth of a woman beside him made passing out all the more simple—he preferred simple, of course.
Even at the expense of sharing an already tiny bed, Annaliese’s body against his oddly caused the hybrid to relax. It was a strange feeling, if he was being honest, for sleeping was not something he enjoyed not felt comfort in. Nevertheless, Lucian’s breath evened and soft snores began to puff from his nose.

Lucian! Run! Why’re you still here?! They will kill you! Run! Run!’
No! I can’t! I ca—“

“…I've set a meeting tonight for our people."

No! I can’t! I ca—,”As soon as the phone had fallen on to Annaliese’s stomach, the panicked sound of Lucian’s voice filled the quiet room. A loud gasp followed his sleepy cries, and his upper body to lift off the bed in a somewhat startled manner.
Once Lucian’s body was upright and bent forward, the executive brought his palm to his face and covered his panting lips.

“Nn,” Lucian cringed at the sharp pain that jolted through his body upon sitting up. His sleepiness had all but disappeared, so coherence and, unfortunately, feeling returned. “Fuck…” he muttered under his breath just before Merik bolted into the room without a knock.
“What the fuck are you doing to him?! Eh!?” Merik’s brows were furrowed and a look of protective rage covered his, otherwise, soft features. “I will fucking kil—“
It’s fine Merik…” Lucian cut his partner off, waving his hand in front of his body in a nonchalant manner. “It’s fine.,” he added and moved his fiery eyes toward Annaliese. He was actually still surprised that she’s remained for as long as she had.

“…morning…” Lucian spoke to Annaliese in a rather bland sounding voice.

"I didn't do a goddamn thing to him, calm down." At this point it seemed like Merik was looking for any excuse to come after her, and she was starting to feel the same sentiment toward him. "He's the one who woke up shouting, I've been busy waking up after listening to my boss." Annaliese sighed and shook her head, raising an eyebrow briefly at Lucian before she slid out of the bed and stretched slowly.

"Not really mornin', but yeah, I'm up. Tell your guard dog to back off." She shot Merik an irritated look before smoothing back her hair, then probed at her side where the bandage lay beneath her clothing. Definitely sore, but it didn't seem to have opened back up, and she wasn't in danger of any immediate infection. That was good.

"I'll need to go once I know you're not gonna die from whatever just happened, Cole's got us meeting up tonight." Annaliese's voice held a hint of disgust to it at the thought of having to deal with so many people, but in the end, she was just ready to get this disaster over and done with. The sooner they could find the people causing all this damage, the sooner she could eliminate them and get back to her normal life.

"Now, what is it you can't?"

Merik closed his lips and pursed them tightly together once Lucian confirmed his safety. While his friend and partner cared for him, Merik could be a bit dramatic when it came to protecting the ones who mattered; of course, sometimes his protective nature was warranted—other times, this being one of them, was completely over the top.

“Well, what was I supposed to think?! He was yelling and you’re a known assassin,” Merik returned, stuffing his gun back into his back holster.
“Sometimes it’s better to ask questions, Meri,” Lucian said as he began to sit up in the bed. It could be assumed that the hybrid’s strength had begun to return; however, there was an obvious sense of discomfort.
“I’m not that person,” Merik argued stubbornly.

Before Lucian replied, he glanced toward Annaliese and furrowed his brows. “If you’re up and walking, it’s a good morning,” Lucian pointed out just before glancing to Merik. “Leave us for a bit,” he told Merik.
“But…”
“I said go,” Lucian cut Merik off, lifting his brows.
Merik snorted and placed his hands on his hips.
“If she slits your throat, not my problem,” he huffed and immediately turned to stomp toward the door.
“You’d cry a thousand tears, don’t lie,” Lucian called out to Merik just as the man exited; however a “fuck you” could be heard from the hallway just before the door shut.

After a moment of silence between Lucian and Annaliese, the hybrid let out a soft sigh. “You’ll be sad to know that I think I’ll live,” he told her, rolling his eyes. “‘Us’, as in, both, you and I, or ‘Us’, as in you and him,” Lucian asked with a perplexed expression. “I suspect that there would be some sort of genius plan in the works if he wished to speak with me…or the boss, for that matter,” he said, pausing to take in the woman’s last question.

“Hmm. I suspect you heard one of the pleasant, reoccurring nightmares that I have on a regular basis,” Lucian said blandly with a dull expression. “Apologies if I happened to wake you from your beauty sleep,” he said, indisputably avoiding her question. She wouldn’t care much, regardless.

Last edited:
"Of course I'm up and walking. Not the first time I've been shot." Annaliese rolled her eyes and glanced at Merik, raising an eyebrow almost in challenge as Lucian told him to leave. His reaction was childish at best, and she blew him a kiss before watching the miniature rampage with great amusement. Men were really ridiculous sometime, or was it the blood running through his veins that was causing such childish antics?

"There you go with the assumptions. And us, as in me and my people. I doubt Cole wants to deal with your boss anymore than either of us do, and you know full well I don't like your boss. Only tears I would shed over his demise would be tears of laughter or joy." One day, one day that man would be dead and she would celebrate, but for the moment she was forced to deal with him for the sake of her leader.

"That didn't answer my question. I didn't say anything about my beauty sleep."

“Mm. I apologize for the assumption, as per usual,” Lucian said and cut his eyes away from her as he moved the blanket off of his legs. There was an immediate wince at the twinge of pain in his side, however, Lucian continued to move, though, slower now.
Eventually, he did manage to stand. He had surprised himself considering the state of his health. “Ah, well, you know you aren’t the only one. Suppose, we will have to see who’s hear longer—he or I,” Lucian told her. “Unfortunately, I don’t believe both of us can coexist within the same world,” the hybrid spoke honestly with a snort.

It would probably seem very odd to anyone as to why Lucian remained only and executive. It would appear that the hybrid was much stronger and talented in his craft, so the question remained amongst the different ranks and factions.

“Ah, your question,” Lucian began again and chuckled. “The nightmares that I mention…” he said first before pausing, giving a cheesy smile. “Just flashbacks of when my mother was pulled apart and I was forced to run like a frightened child,” he told her with a straight face. “Hopefully that answers your questions.”

Bastard was as stubborn as she was, pushing himself even while recovering from his injury. Despite how much she criticized his and his companion's actions, she had to respect the dedication and the will to not stay down when beaten. Getting shot hurt like hell sometime, and he'd taken enough bullets that he was definitely faring worse than she was.

"No, it doesn't seem you can coexist." If Lucian was the one to take out his boss in the end, that was going to prove very interesting, but that was a matter for a later time when the current dilemma was properly dealt with. Still, she had to admit that the thought was extremely appealing, and if she could weasel her way in to see that when it happened... Well, she would do her best.

"Yes, it answers them." Although she did wonder exactly what he meant by pulled apart, but judging by the context it was nothing short of brutal. That was a question for another time, she was already being hounded for her boss and she needed to go before he called her again.

"I need to go see my men. We'll be in touch, my lovely hybrid."

Lucian shifted his weight to the opposite foot and attempted to stretch his midsection; of course, a hissing noise exhaled from the hybrid’s lips and his brow winced. “Fortunately for my boss, his death will have to wait another day or so,” Lucian said, though it was unclear as to if he were being serious or not. “Of course, I will give you front row seats, so you don’t have to worry your little head,” the man added, knowing she would want to watch the bloodbath. “I expect a ‘thank you’,” he said before chuckling quietly.

Once Annaliese spoke of his answer, Lucian gave a short nod. “Glad I could clear that up,” he said with a bored expression. It was obviously something that plagued him, however not something he spoke of—it was his weakness if he had one. Of course, that fact was never spoke of. Merik was the only one to know anything of his past, aside from the dead, that is.

“I wish you and your men luck in not dying until we meet again, sweet, cheeky pussy cat,” Lucian said with a sly smile. The hybrid realized she hated pet names, which made calling her one even more entertaining.

"Go to hell." Annaliese snorted at the nickname he gave her, lifting up a middle finger and holding it over her shoulder as she left the room and then the house. It had been an obnoxious night and day full of drama from the ensuing violence, and now her entire sleep schedule was screwed up on top of the fact that she'd been shot. Ridiculous!

Now she had to go with the attitude Cole seemingly had, and while she couldn't fault him for having a piss-poor attitude after what had happened, it didn't make it any less irritating to deal with. Cole was one of the only people that could get away with talking to her like he did; one of the only people she would allow to be above her and to give her orders, much less orders on who she was and wasn't allowed to kill. Anyone else, and she would have told them to fuck off and walked away with her middle finger high in the air.

Much like she'd just done to Lucian, in fact.

The drive back to Cole's home was made with the radio blaring to keep herself awake and alert, and there were already several cars parked outside when she arrived and was let in by the doorman. It seemed this was going to be a very large meeting, or else he'd hired extra security just to guard his home during the meeting. Whatever the case was, it had gone from a small problem of a messenger being killed mid-transit to both gangs being threatened by this unseen force. Had they attacked another while she was unconscious with the hybrid, or was Cole just taking all of these extra precautions?

"Holy shit, Cole." She muttered to herself as she hung up her jacket, wincing slightly as the movement jostled her still healing wound. A huff and a roll of her eyes later she was making her way down to the meeting room, slipping inside and taking a stance leaning back against the wall as the others murmured against themselves. Cole was, as always, at the head of the table with his wife, rubbing at his temples before his hand made contact with the table with a loud thud.

"Enough. I am well aware how much many of you dislike the SAO, and I don't care. You can go back to your shady little deals or openly mocking them after we've eliminated this new threat. Whoever it is picked off a couple of our smaller security detail while my second in command was gone," He glanced up long enough to see Annaliese leaned against the wall, raised an eyebrow, then turned his attention back to the rest of the crowded room.

"And since I'm not going to assign her to protect every one of your asses all the time, we need to handle ourselves better. I don't care if you start fucking each other because you're rooming together, but for the next few days until we've got a better handle on the situation, I want the lot of you to start shacking up with each other and checking in every day. I don't care if you think it's an invasion of privacy. You don't like it? Walk out the door right now, but if you do that, you're dead to me, and to this group. Got it?"

There were hushed murmurs around the room as people began to talk amongst themselves again, and Cole waited in silence for them to quiet back down before he sighed. While there had been several flighty looks directed toward the large doors to the room, no one had actually made the effort to leave or directly question their leader again.

"Good. That's what I thought."

Lucian smirked and began to chuckle. “Only if you’ll join,” the hybrid called out, batting his dark lashes in a sarcastic manner.
In all honesty, he couldn’t believe that Annaliese actually stuck around as long as she did. They were enemies, after all, so his wellbeing seemed like it would be the last thing on her list of importance.

Jeez. She’s a bitch…

“Why would you be stupid enough to trust that woman,” Merik snorted as he slid back inside the room.
“I don’t remember saying anything about trusting her, Meri,” Lucian returned, rolling his eyes.
“So that’s why you sleep in the same bed with her,” the other executive mentioned.
“I woke up and she was beside me. I did not get into the bed with her,” the hybrid grumbled and rubbed his hand against his chest.
“Mm,” Merik hummed for a moment then shifted his weight to the other leg. “Regardless, Boss wants ta see you,” he started while crossing his arms. “Not sure why he couldn’t have come here…we are literally under his fucking house.”
“Because he was hoping that I would die. He didn’t want anyone accusing him of assassinating me,” Lucian answered and began to laugh.
“That’s not funny…” Merik shook his head, wearing an annoyed scowl.
“Sure it is. Now let’s go. Wanna get this meeting over with,” Lucian said and stepped toward the door to exit.

Traveling up the steps of their boss’ home was somewhat painful. He was not at all healed, but the thought of appearing vulnerable for an extended period of time would not be a good look. There would be a panic within the organization, of course—Lucian had never been injured seriously, so for an unknown group to get the best of their top executive, it was intimidating and terrifying.

“He’s going to be pissed,” Merik spoke quietly as they made it to the mouth of the stairwell.
“Let him be,” Lucian shrugged.
“Most of the other organizations know of the incident, so…it’s his reputation,” the friend explained.
“The other organizations are only disappointed that it wasn’t the boss…they don’t care about reputations,” Lucian said and began to chuckle quietly.

“Oh? Does my upstanding reputation not matter,” the boss asked through his gnashed teeth from the doorway.
Lucian ears tickled at the voice and turned his burning eyes toward his boss. “Mm. Unfortunately, your reputation is worse than mine, so will it won’t get you too far,” Lucian returned.
“Boy, do you realize who you’re speaking to,” the boss asked and finally began walking in the two executives’ direction.
“I do realize, and I am being truthful, Boss. Any mafia boss is going to have a shit reputation,” Lucian told him with a lifted brow.
“I have you to thank for my bad reputation,” the boss growled.
Lucian couldn’t help but to laugh at that comment. “Stop your laughing, Punk,” the boss yelled and held his hand out in front of him. “I will kill you.”
“Go ahead and tr—,” Lucian started but was cut off by Merik.
“Come on, we have more important things to deal with right now…do we not,” the young man asked with furrowed brows. “How can we win if we can’t get along?! Eh?!”

Lucian and the boss simply glared at one another, obviously annoyed that Merik was correct.
“I agree with Merik,” Lucian started with a nod. “Other organizations seem to be gathering and working with one another. You know that Cole is the only one extending an olive branch, right? All other bridges have been burned, so instead of insulting him in his own home, maybe we should take this opportunity to work more efficiently with another talented group,” the hybrid said.
“Mm. Otherwise, we could be the ones easily picked off,” Merik said.
“You’re suggesting strength in numbers, I see,” Boss said and mulled the idea over in his head for a moment. “Then you two are acknowledging your weakness,” the man asked.
Lucian blinked a few times and rubbed the back of his neck. “No, we are only combining our strength with others to deal with this issue.”

The boss stayed quietly for a moment, mulling over his executives’ words. It was truly insane that this man had to even think about going through with this partnership.
“This is an easy decision, Sir,” Lucian broke the silence.
“Cole and I will have another discussion; however, I do intend on mentioning the idea of him trying to assassinate you. I do not think it was a coincidence that you were the one seriously injured, while that little slut came out hardly scathed.
“This is fucking hopeless,” Merik complained under his breath.

Like hell she was rooming with one of them. She'd sooner find herself in close proximity to the obnoxious hybrid for the next few days, although that did give her an idea. Technically she still needed to be in contact with him, and technically Cole needed to be able to converse with Lucian's boss without tearing his throat out, so it wasn't an overly bad idea...

"Any communication with their boss will have to go through the proper channels. You have something to pass onto the SAO, you come to me, or you come to Annaliese and we'll relay it to him or his second in command." Even Cole's face expressed his disgust of the other group for a moment before he regained his composure.

"Now, I don't care how you figure out who rooms with who, but I want it done tonight. Pack some bags, make sure you're stocked up on ammunition. The stockroom is currently unlocked, but I'll have someone doing inventory of anything that's being taken out so we can keep a count and record of everything." Just on the off chance that there was someone on the inside of their group, he couldn't be too careful, and Annaliese understood his thoughts the moment he explained the inventory.

The rest of the meeting was straight forward and boring, leaving Annaliese yawning but otherwise silent by the time members began to filter out of the room and toward the stockroom. There really hadn't been a purpose to her presence there other than to reinforce her position in the group, and her bemused expression said as much as she pushed off the wall and made her way to Cole and his wife.

"I'm not staying with one of those idiots. I'd sooner stay with the hybrid and try to solve this bullshit."

"Never expected you to. You do what you think is best, as always, little kitten." Anyone else, anyone but Cole and she would have slapped that silly grin off their face, and even Cole's wife knew as much as she swatted his arm and pulled him away with a hushed scolding.

"Just make sure to check in and let me know any progress we've made!"

"Piss off, Cole, you know I do my job well." She rolled her eyes and sauntered off across the room, glancing back once at them before exiting and peering in the direction of multiple retreating backs as they stormed toward the stockroom. She felt bad for whoever was running inventory that night, but had no reason to stick around and offer any aid when she needed to do her own inventory at home.

An earbud went in one ear as she got into the car, going to her recent calls and calling Merik's phone as she started her call and headed back toward her house. She waited impatiently for the man to answer, huffing into the phone and talking before he could curse her out and hang up on her off the bat.

"Just got out of the meeting with Cole. Give your hybrid buddy my number and tell him to call me. We need to talk again."

“You two get out of my home. Find somewhere else to be useless while I speak with Cole,” the boss said in a condescending manner.
“Glaaaady,” Lucian hummed happily before finally turning his back toward his boss—which happened rarely. Merik was there, Boss’ wife was there…the old man wouldn’t be that stupid.
“Sir…I will keep my phone close, please contact us if you are in need of assistance,” Merik said with a sniff afterwards.
“Let’s go, Merik,” Lucian spoke, obviously attempting to urge Merik to leave.
“Excuse us,” Merik finished and gave a shallow bow to the man.

Once the two left the home, Lucian let out a loud groan. “Why does everything have to be complicated with him,” the hybrid grumbled. “If there was one moment in time where it was absolutely necessary to cooperate with opposite factions, it’s now. And here we are, standing in the wings, letting some ole, senile man ruin any possible alliance,” Lucian complained as they walked with one another.
“I know…” Merik returned, though paused for a moment. “I know it’s difficult to take orders. You aren’t the type, you’ve never been the type, and you won’t start being the type in the future—I get that, okay? But you have to be smart about this shit, Lucian. You aren’t being smart…you aren’t thinking with your brain.”
“Then what am I thinking with,” Lucian snorted.
“Your ass, of course,” Merik grumbled.

The two partners had finally made it to their driver. It didn’t take long, but the amount of conversation they were having made the walk feel like an eternity—conversations that pisses one off usually feels longer than it is.
As both executives boarded the SUV, Merik’s phone began to ring loudly. “Who the fuck,” he asked himself when he didn’t recognize the number. Despite not knowing, however, Merik still answered the call—he would regret it as soon as he heard the voice on the line.

“Give your hybrid buddy my number and tell him to call me. We need to talk again."

“He’s right here, just talk to him and leave me alone,” Merik spoke in a dull voice as his tossed the phone to Lucian.
“Haha. Hi. Judging from Meri’s attitude, it must be my sweet, little kitten. You asked for me,” the hybrid asked in a melodramatic manner.

That wasn't quite the reaction she had been expecting, but it worked all the same. The less time was wasted on this annoying matter, the better. The sooner they found out who was stirring up trouble and taking out people from both of the gangs, the better, then they could go back to coexisting just civilly enough to not constantly be at each other's throats, just the way Annaliese liked it. She'd seen enough of their rivals to last her a lifetime in just the last two days, and it was going to be a continuing thing going forward, apparently, which made what she was about to do all the more difficult.

"Can it, I didn't ask for you, I don't make it sound like I'm begging for your attention." She rolled her eyes and continued down the street, headed back in the direction of her home as she internally groaned and debated flat out disregarding Cole's announcement and staying home all by herself. If not for the fact that whoever was behind the scenes had blatantly attacked both second-in-commands of the gangs in public no less, she wouldn't have even considered keeping company with Lucian more than she needed to.

"I'm crashing at your place for awhile. Cole's demanded we partner up for safety until this is over, and I'm not staying at any of those asshole's houses. I need your address."

Annaliese sounded thrilled to speak with him—he couldn’t help but chuckle, of course. Her reaction was to be expected, but he still gasped dramatically at her words. “Annaliese, you’re so cruel,” he whined as he leaned his head back against the head rest. “That aside…what can I help you with this fine night, hmm? Surely you wouldn’t call me just because you miss me…or because you’re begging for attention, I guess,” he purred, keeping a smirk as he spoke.
Lucian couldn’t help but tease her. She was so fun and Annaliese was one of the only people who seemed to dish all of his bullshit back to him. It was refreshing.

I’m crashing at your place for awhile…

“Wait what? Wait, wait, wait. You are coming to my house,” Lucian said immediately. “I don’t have room. There’s one bed and…you aren’t invited. You can’t just invite yourself to stay with someone,” he complained. “Why wouldn’t you want to stay with your own,” he asked her with a sigh. “You’d put me out like this?”
“What is it,” Merik whispered.
“She wants to live with me,” Lucian paused his banter with Annaliese and glanced toward his partner. “She wants to live with me…”
“Haaaa,” Merik’s brows lifted. “That’s…insane.”

“I mean, I do feel a little bad. Cole is being very cold-blooded, making you stay with those other greasy looking guys. I can see why you’d come looking for me,” Lucian said and smirked to himself. “Sooo, as my years worth of charity, please feel free to come and stay,” he said.
“What,” Merik snapped his head toward Lucian, obviously surprised. “Are you insane?! You aren’t even completely well. She could still murder your dumb ass!”
“My address,” Lucian started, obviously ignoring Merik. “202 East Charlemont,” he said simply. “3rd floor, apartment 333,” he finished. “See you sooooon, Kitten,” the hybrid cooed before hanging up without another word.
“You are…the biggest idiot,” Merik squeaked.
“Guess we are heading to my place for tonight,” Lucian said and let out a long sigh. “Very interesting turn of events. Don’t you think?”
“I think you have a death wish,” Merik grumbled.
“Yeah, yeah. Don’t cry. Let’s embrace this opportunity.”

Last edited:
"I wasn't asking for an invitation." Good lord, was he whining? "And I can hear the two of you talking just fine, I don't know why that idiot is bothering to whisper like I won't hear it." Her own people were tolerable most of the time but dealing with rooming with them and having everything she did potentially reported back to Cole or the others wasn't something she cared to deal with. She was a solitary creature outside of following Cole's orders, and staying with Lucian was a far better alternative despite the insistent teasing and nicknames he used on her. One of these days she was going to have to do something about that tongue if this kept up...

"And I don't want to live with you, it would be a temporary arrangement." She rolled her eyes and continued driving, seriously considering just turning around and going back home despite it being a risk of going against Cole's orders. Technically she was going against them by choosing to room with the hybrid instead of one of her own crew, but if he was going to constantly throw them together to work on the problem at hand, this actually made things easier!

"Your year of charity, right. Whatever you tell yourself to sleep at night." She ignored Merik's ranting in the back as she took a mental note of the address Lucian was giving her, and she didn't even grace him with a response before hanging up the phone and taking an abrupt turn to veer the car in the direction of her house. Fucking hybrid. All she had to do was get in and out of her house long enough to pack up a proper bag and then get back on the road without managing to murder someone along the way.

By the time she got to East Charlemont she had calmed down, parking her car and getting out to sling her bag over her shoulder and lock everything up. So this was where the obnoxious bastard lived. If she was lucky Merik didn't room with him and she would only have to deal with one of them for the next few days, otherwise this was going to become significantly more complicated.

No matter.

She went inside and rode up to the third floor, scenting out her surroundings and the tenants curiously until the elevator dinged and she was let out at the third floor. Had he purposely gotten the apartment that was nothing but threes or was it just an amusing coincidence? She could smell him not far off now that she was on his floor, and it didn't take long before she stood in front of the door with the three golden threes on it and raised a hand to knock on it.

“I can see that you aren’t asking! You’re barging in,” he returned and moved his hand to pinch the bridge of his nose with his thumb and index finger. “I mean…are you going to, at least, bring toilet paper or groceries to help out? It’s not like I’m loaded with cash,” the hybrid mentioned and groaned loudly, seeming to already know the answer she would give him.
Despite the groans of disapproval, there was a sigh of defeat. “You know what? Never mind. You seem like the type to not BYO anything,” he grumbled. “I’ll be pulling up in 5 minutes,” he told her and hung up without warning.

“Dude…for real,” Merik asked and side eyed his partner.
“Yeah, I mean, this was more than likely what Boss wouldn’t like,” he snorted.
“That’s what this is about,” Merik squeaked, hitting the break slightly. “You’re so—.”
“So childish, I know,” Lucian said and began to chuckle, unable to keep from smirking. “The downside is that she’s difficult to deal with. That aside, she’s nice to look at anyway,” he said as he straightened his posture. His street was only about 30 seconds away.

“Get out,” Merik snorted. “Hopefully I’ll see you alive tomorrow,” he said and lifted his brows. “And take care of that wound. It isn’t totally healed yet,” he said just before Lucian gave him an innocent wave.
“Yes, Meri. Whatever you saaaay,” he spoke in a singsong voice just before shutting the car door.

It didn’t take long for Lucian to move to the third floor; he strode out toward room 333 afterward, feeling as chipper as usual—or how he appeared, anyway.
Upon entering, Lucian immediately kicked his combat books off, stripped off his black hoodie and plopped down on the couch to lie his head back.

Ding Ding Ding

Lucian’s head popped back up and glared toward the door. “No rest for the wicked, I see,” the young hybrid mumbled to himself as he lifted himself up with a grunt. “Coming!”
Lucian finally stopped at the door and tapped against the wood with the nail of his index finger. “What’s the password,” he cooed.

Back
Top Bottom