Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

What’s your absolute favourite series to RP/ERP?

Series I'd love to do a fandom RP/ERP in?

Dragon Age, Mass Effect.

With canon characters?

No. Not in a MC/YC situation, anyway. Canon characters as NPCs in cameo roles, sure. But OCs for the main characters.

When I finally do something fandom-oriented, I usually just hijack the worldbuilding elements I like and throw the characters and story out. Take Myst, for example. Teleportation books, woo! Been wondering about some frozen post apocalytpic stuff too, like frostpunk or the long dark. Super cool worlds to play around with, I think!

It's a guilty pleasure that I keep coming back to over and over again, but always seems to implode and self-destruct whenever a good group gets going, but I am hopelessly addicted to the setting of John Norman's Books of Gor.

I know, I know. it's cheesy. It's melodramatic pulp in the worst vein. But I love it. It's basically BDSM bodice-ripper romances, and I can't get enough of the setting. :p

I normally prefer canon x canon or canon x OC myself (as long as I'm the one playing as the canon character(s)). But these would be a few preferences/privileges of mine:

Anime:

.Fate series
.My hero academia
.Attack on Titan (I've been losing interest on it for a while though)
.D.Gray-man...perhaps?
.One Piece (I've had many issues with that one for so long though...)

TV series/movies:

.Supernatural
.Teen Wolf
.MCU
.Animated movies of DC (latest ones)

I'm quite an anime fan though, so for most fandoms I'll likely prefer something anime-oriented. But those would be, perhaps, my top 4-5 :3

For fandoms, I love to roleplay Harry Potter. But I also like to roleplay Supernatural (only done one or two before), Big Bang Theory, Criminal Minds, and I would love to try Bones.

Most fantasy settings Forgotten Realms, Golarion, Elder Scrolls, Azeroth, The Lands Between or even just something based on those.

I also really like Marvel and Star Wars as settings. I've RPed in Shadowrun and World of Darkness as well.

While I'm happy to play Canon characters, I usually like to play them the way I prefer them to act rather than how they are depicted. Canon characters are usually either idiots or too perfect. I do prefer to have an OC as well as playing any number of Canon characters.

I'll be honest, I've jumped on that bandwagon of Jaina x Sylvanas with Jaina as Sylvanas' 'jailer' post her burning of Teldrassil. But like, not that 'I'm your jailer and we are gonna do lewd bdsm things' sort of way, rather a two damaged souls discovering redeeming qualities across faction-lines sort of way. That 'trapped in close proximity and flirting with the enemy and trying to not actually fall in bed with the enemy' sort of way.

...but idle musing aside, I have too many RPs lol. So this is more something swimming around in my brain and less something I'm actually hunting for.

I’ve never actually roleplayed canon characters, at least not yet. I’ve played in what are essentially canon settings, Fallout and Kakegurui. Both were fun, but sadly neither lasted very long. Kakegurui is a setting I’d really like to try again! It’s a private high school where everyone gambles (and cheats at it). Those who lose and fall into dept become pets to those they owe. It’s very ripe for ERP.

I’m feeling more open to try canons, with the right characters. I saw someone list Gundam Wing in a request thread, though sadly I forget who. They would obviously need to be aged up, but that sounded like a lot of fun for the next time I have an opening.

I finally made my first multi-fandom roleplay request thread. I included Harry Potter, Supernatural, Disney, and Marvel because those are my absolute favorites to roleplay!

If going generic I'd say just DnD in general just that general theme of a setting not so much actual settings in that world. Having it as a jumping point for Fantasy works well to me.

I don't really do series related with canon characters, that said I'd say my favorite over-all would be Bleach. I'm a sucker for the whole Soul Reaper aspect and a lot of that world, particularly earlier on elements of the world.

Fate Series is great for the general world, or really Type Moon in general. I love the whole world setup quite a lot.

One Piece world is interesting, though i typically like that 'Water world/Sky World' theme in general so it might not quite fit.

Final Fantasy I actually really enjoy elements of a lot. I don't know why but a lot of the classic stuff with all the different jobs and the theming I just really enjoy.

Starwars Knights of the Old Republic is a great setting. Less into it since Disney dragged it down which kind of wore me out of Star Wars in general but its still got a slight soft spot for me even if its not as much as it use to.

I'd take a SW rp or a Tolkien rp. I always thought there's something to do with Numenor, but NOT "ElVeS TaKe OuR JoBs"

I'd take a SW rp or a Tolkien rp. I always thought there's something to do with Numenor, but NOT "ElVeS TaKe OuR JoBs"
Three of the Nine ringwraiths were Numenorean lords. There's always a good plot around their rise and eventual fall from grace to the corruption of the rings given to them by Sauron the Great. Start a colony in some fictional part of Middle Earth, try to uplift the people living there, run into numerous problems of culture, religion, politics of the region. Sauron comes in disguise, gives you a Ring of Power that can help amplify your control. It just turns you into a tyrant, supernaturally bending the will of people to you through fear and power, allowing you to effectively exert power and efficiency to organize the land. You become a great King and lord instead of a protector and teacher. Absolute power corrupts, your lifespan unnaturally extended and your body fails while your spirit endures, and you turn to the darkness, because you perceive it to have all the answers you seek.

Now you're a thrall to the will of Sauron.

I can write about this sort of stuff all day lol. Tolkien is my bread and butter for RPing.

Three of the Nine ringwraiths were Numenorean lords. There's always a good plot around their rise and eventual fall from grace to the corruption of the rings given to them by Sauron the Great. Start a colony in some fictional part of Middle Earth, try to uplift the people living there, run into numerous problems of culture, religion, politics of the region. Sauron comes in disguise, gives you a Ring of Power that can help amplify your control. It just turns you into a tyrant, supernaturally bending the will of people to you through fear and power, allowing you to effectively exert power and efficiency to organize the land. You become a great King and lord instead of a protector and teacher. Absolute power corrupts, your lifespan unnaturally extended and your body fails while your spirit endures, and you turn to the darkness, because you perceive it to have all the answers you seek.

Now you're a thrall to the will of Sauron.

I can write about this sort of stuff all day lol. Tolkien is my bread and butter for RPing.
My first RPs were Tolkien, then somehow it became difficult to find people if you want something developed and intelligent.
Mercy, yeah, HP. I used to write a lot of HP. Same as Tolkien...
Doctor, I can only hope the shows will continue on people's interest for SW.

Thank you; I think so. Even with the damage done, I don't anticipate anything changing, really. Star Wars has always been popular. One good thing has been that the variety and scope of people's tastes change as well. Same for you; I hope you find that SW RP you're looking for.

League of Legends! I think the fandoms gives you so much material too work. Characters, settings but there are also plenty of AU settings. So there's something for anyone.

40k. So rare and yet so fun.

Also even after all these years Naruto remains a sort of guilty pleasure. Though what little RP there is to be had there is often highly specialized or low quality.

Oh man...I feel like I am always behind everyone when it comes to series. But, here's my non-exclusive list at the moment:

• BBC Musketeers
  • BBC Merlin
  • The Witcher
  • Bridgerton

The Legend of Zelda: I think because of how many different versions of the characters there are, it's fairly easy to find something that you'd like. The only flaw in it is that Link has no defined personality which can both be a great thing and a terrible thing. But I personally enjoy it because of that freedom. I also specifically love the BOTW world, so that one is a big one in terms of Zelda but everything is great.

Final Fantasy 7 Remake: Specifically the remake because the first part seemingly ends in a great place to have so many AUs to play with. It might change in the future but I do love playing in that universe because it's still relevant, it's got some fun world-building and the characters are great. Though of course, this means that most of the RPs are canon x canon but they always were for me.

RWBY: Even if the show doesn't always live up to that potential, the world is so interesting that I do love playing the characters and making up my own. Also, cool designs and weapons make it a plus. Also will always have a place because it's what got me back into RP.
Ok I know I'm replying wayyyy to late to this but I saw that you liked LoZ so I couldn't help myself. I completely agree with you on that part about Link's personality.. yeah.

I like Legend of Zelda, Undertale and death note
I've been into a lot of fandoms and as of right now these three are the most enjoyable for me.
Ofcourse I love oc x oc stories and scenarios made by other people as well.
Oh and uh let me add creepypasta. Because it's cool to see how people portray their and other characters, even though the fandom is kinda dead right now.

I love the Witcher universe because it's a bit dark but even the heros are a bit dubious in their morals. Nothing is black and white and that makes it feel quite a bit more real and relatable, practically every character is flawed in some way. The world is well built by Sapkowski but having been able to explore it as well via the games really brings that world to life in my head. The lore and backstory is good though it's nothing to put itself ahead of other classic fantasy series like LotR, Game of Thrones, or Elder Scrolls. The characters are what sets it apart and above the rest.

Skyrim and Fallout New Vegas: as they are the two Bethesda games i have played extensively and I think that that the worlds that both are based in offer up many opportunities.

Walking Dead: Just one of my all time favorite shows and plus I have a huge fan crush on Emily Kinney and Jeffrey Dean Morgan

Pokemon: I have been playing the games since red & blue and since I got a switch just a bit before Scarlet and violet came out I have caught up. So yes I like to rp one of my all time favorite game series.

SAO, Overlord, Slime, Log Horizon ect.: I love Iseki anime so if I can play in the world of one then I am very happy. To be honest I like to kind of take ideas from all 4 of these for Iseki style role plays.

Arcanum: Of Steamworks and Magik Obscura: Have yet to do an rp based off this but I would seriously like be eternally great full to anyone who did do an rp based off this game with me.

Back
Top Bottom