Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Devotion Like None Other (1x1 W/PoisonousIvee)

"I suppose I could leave you alone.. but then again, those little squabbles with those bandits, you didn't seem to mind my help.."

There was a flash of a smile, a glint in the eye. The raven. "A pleasure to finally meet you.. like this, anyhow.."

His astonishment seemed to vanish in an instant, "You're either a rather poor goddess or incredibly lazy." He remarked.

"Ah, I see you also have poor hearing." He said, "I was sent away to be a knight in your honor, and what do I get in return? Nothing. My whole life, nothing. Wasted in your name. And now you decide to show up?"

"Oh you poor thing, did the bare minimum, with less than minimal faith in me, and I didn't notice you in particular out of the countless faces that worship me?" She replied.

He said nothing. What was he to expect? She was right after all. "I prayed..." He muttered, "Every night, since I was a boy...since I started my training...I prayed to you, fervently. And what do I have to show for it?" He remembered well being so small and scared and praying to her for comfort that he would never have, to ease his aches and his turbulent soul during his training. Nothing. It made him bitter.

"You lived through your training, and have become a capable knight.. and yknow? Maybe, just maybe, I didn't find you interesting until now." She said flatly.

Damn. Smacked into silence once again. Part of him didn't want to entertain her anymore. "Even after all that I did in your name...? I bored you until now...?" He asked, "Some Goddess you are.."

"Is my presence not something to be celebrated? Regardless of the hardships you faced, your goddess has taken notice of you." She said.

"What interested me most was.. well, your disdain for me.. you despise me, yet you still worship?" She asked. "Why is that? No one is forcing you to worship. I certainly would not have harmed you. This.. spiteful devotion is intriguing.." she said.

All those lonely nights he spent these last twenty two years and she was intrigued? She had no idea why? "You really do have poor hearing.." He muttered, "Part of me wanted to believe that you could hear me, but I wasn't worthy enough to you."
"Please, O Benevolent Dezenym, grant me strength and courage. Help me to be better."
"Lady Dezenym, my mind is restless. Please grant me peace."
"Dezenym, please show me you can hear me..."
"...are you even there...?"

His chest ached from the memories and he chugged his ale to numb it.

"I knew you had the strength within you, Derek, you didn't need my help. Perhaps I could have shown a sign, had I really known how important it was.." she said.

"As I said, I have taken some intrigue in you.. I'm not very certain why, all I know is that I find you.. interesting." She said.

"I see.." He replied before ordering another ale, "Well, if you're certain you wish to be entertained, I will do my best to do so.."

"What? You don't seem to want me here, now that I am here. What do you want?" She asked.

He was so confused. He dumped out why he hated her, that there was some messed up part of him that still wanted to keep his faith in her, and relented in her botherings and she was just...going to leave? And it was his fault she was stuck there? He honestly didn't know what to say to her at that point. He was flabbergasted.

"I'm here now.. I don't see any reason to mope, really.. you want to drink, go ahead.." she said.

Back
Top Bottom