Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Not replying back, rude or not?

If I'm rude for ignoring people who went into graphic detail about the non-con rp they wanted to do with me, without even having fully read my dark request thread - and I know this because I politely ask all people who wish to rp non-con with me to include the secret word so I know they've actually read what I wrote about why I write non-con and how I do it, and they didn't -, then I guess I'm a rude-ass bitch, lmao.

And because of certain interactions with people irl that influenced why I write non-con etc, I find it actually worse, personally, to say 'No, you didn't read my rt properly', it gives me more anxiety than simply ignoring them, and especially with this example, they already pushed so far past my barriers that I don't owe them any more of my time.

Again, if that's rude? Fuck it.

I don’t really get offended if people don’t respond to my RT inquiries. I generally don’t have high expectations, because I know there are a million reasons why I might not be what they’re looking for, and that’s not a value judgment on me.

Then again, I very much prefer approaching people about their RTs than posting a RT of my own. I’d rather face rejection than do the rejecting, lol.

I understand not wanting to reply to someone if they either ask for something irrelevant to your thread, or if you've stated it as something you won't do. I don't put up with bullshit like that myself and I honestly see that as being disrespectful on the person who request's end. I get that we all have our little cravings and whatnot but I see that as being really selfish. Some people put a lot of time into making their RTs all nice, it takes away from the work they've done.

Now if I write you a request based around an idea that you had and you don't respond, I personally find that rude. I understand that some people have anxiety or whatever but I still perceive it to be that way. Just a simple "no thanks" would suffice for me. I don't need an explanation of why you don't want to write with me.

If I'm rude for ignoring people who went into graphic detail about the non-con rp they wanted to do with me, without even having fully read my dark request thread - and I know this because I politely ask all people who wish to rp non-con with me to include the secret word so I know they've actually read what I wrote about why I write non-con and how I do it, and they didn't -, then I guess I'm a rude-ass bitch, lmao.
Nobody is suggesting you're a rude-ass bitch because what you just described is not what we're talking about. This isn't at all the topic.

Of course, ignore people or even report them for spamming irrelevant nonsense and harassment...

We're talking about people who did read an RT and responded politely with a reasonably relevant proposal. As they were usually asked to do.

Nobody is suggesting you're a rude-ass bitch because what you just described is not what we're talking about. This isn't at all the topic.

Of course, ignore people or even report them for spamming irrelevant nonsense and harassment...

We're talking about people who did read an RT and responded politely with a reasonably relevant proposal. As they were usually asked to do.
lol I wasn't actually suggesting people were thinking that

Not everyone was talking about people who did read an rt and responded appropriately to it. I was bouncing of what Sugarcupcakes said - whilst they reply even if someone has ignored things in their rts, I don't. That was my point. Especially if it's about non-con. I don't owe them that energy if they couldn't even read the thread!

lol I wasn't actually suggesting people were thinking that

Not everyone was talking about people who did read an rt and responded appropriately to it. I was bouncing of what Sugarcupcakes said - whilst they reply even if someone has ignored things in their rts, I don't. That was my point. Especially if it's about non-con. I don't owe them that energy if they couldn't even read the thread!
As you said it twice, I felt like reassuring you that no one was suggesting what you were saying.

Is it rude to ignore someone who is rude, hostile, or inappropriate? Not at all. No one's questioning that. It's a very specific conditional. I don't remember anyone ever saying you have to reply to requests that are totally off the wall or outright creepy.

When it comes to online etiquette, if you literally ask strangers to contact you, and they do in well-intentioned spirits, is it rude to ignore them? As it would be to do so irl, I consider it bad manners to do it online also. Because there are those who don't hold the same standards online as irl, we keep repeating these debates about manners regarding not replying and ghosting.

I couldn't say it's rude because I'd be a massive hypocrite. It's not like I'm trying to be rude but sometimes when an idea is really not my thing and I don't have the energy for it, I delete it. It's not a personal judgment and I'm not really sure I could decline everyone that comes my way. I get it if I replied, that makes sense but I refuse to clutter my stuff just saying "Sorry I don't want to do this."

To note, I'm from the acting world and generally you don't tell people they were declined there. I'll do it on occasion but it's a similar deal.

If somebody I don't know never replies to my first message, no big deal. But if somebody I've been doing RP with for a long time stops replying out of nowhere, it can be quite irritating!

My experiences on other roleplay sites seems to be a common experience for everyone: it's common to get left on read. It's so common that it doesn't phase me, and it seems like it barely bothers others as well. Sometimes interests drop and it's easier to just disappear. Sure it might sting a little to see someone posting again elsewhere, but it's easier to live and let live than dwell on it.

tldr; nah, things happen and rp is just rp.

When it comes to setting up the initial roleplay, during discussion and mutual agreement on things - yeah, I think it's a little rude to just ditch the conversation. The story hasn't even begun, mistakes and misreading of things can happen. If someone comes to me saying "hey let's RP" yes I'll ignore it. Likely even block them. If we're already a few replies into the discussion, I mean, and get left I might be a little annoyed. I won't reply back though. I get it. I'd like a second chance, but I always fear by pushing or asking questions, I'll get totally black listed.

If I'm not liking how a roleplay is going, or the other teeters away from what was originally discussed, I'll do my best to say it's over, but not always. If it's a subtle thing like, I just don't vibe with this I don't think we get along, I'll let them know. If you suddenly introduce tentacle rape in a slice of life scene, I'm bouncing without a word.

I will admit, though, I've left roleplays on read but in my defense, RL kicked in and I left literally everyone that way. I had to part from this site for a few years. I've come back, and I'm happy to say a few of those folks are still around and we've reestablished past fun into new stories.

Meh, let's be honest: we all dislike it, if not hate it, when you spend ages scouring through Job Ads, you sent a cover letter and your CV, and you get...nothing.

We accept it happens, but we still don't like it - because, let's be honest, it's poor manners.

It's no different here - other than you're not applying for a job. You're still responding to another person's advertisement, so for that person to then ignore your "application"...?

Likewise once the story starts to run out - whether you're not working well as partners, story ideas are running out, or something else. Again, poor manners to simply vanish.

I don't do it to my partners - at any point - because I'd like them to do the same for me.

That's my $0.02

I'm with Sync on the subject.

I accept that not everyone reaches back to tell me they are no longer interested or just don't have the time they once did to add another roleplay at the moment, but I don't like it, and I would always prefer being told. No judgment. No anger. Just say you can't make time or don't believe we can meet in the middle with ideas. Had to do that fairly recently; the partner and myself were very cordial about it. We went our separate ways and we both hoped the other found someone to provide them what they're looking for. Feels nice to part ways amicably rather than just vanish.

I sometimes feel saying nothing is more polite.

I recently had interest on another forum for my RT. I asked the person to PM me as they expressed that interest in the thread.

So they PM me β€œlet’s go” what am I meant to do with that? Did they expect to just start without any set up?

I recently had interest on another forum for my RT. I asked the person to PM me as they expressed that interest in the thread.

So they PM me β€œlet’s go” what am I meant to do with that? Did they expect to just start without any set up?
I'd be looking like my avatar if that shit happened to me lmao.

This is me behind you looking at them like that if that happened.

View attachment 13939

Be like "Let's goooooo... right to the ignore list!"

raw

I'd be looking like my avatar if that shit happened to me lmao.
This is me behind you looking at them like that if that happened.

View attachment 13939
Be like "Let's goooooo... right to the ignore list!"

raw
Yeah, pretty much. I hate feeling like I will be the one who has to carry the RP let alone drag info out of people. So messages like that just don't inspire me to respond to them. Not with anything considered polite or non sarcastic anyway!

You probably will be carrying the entire roleplay if that's how the discussion starts. How someone engages with you OOC is a big sign of how shit will go both for plotting and actually roleplaying. Want better for yourself and don't feel bad about it.

You probably will be carrying the entire roleplay if that's how the discussion starts. How someone engages with you OOC is a big sign of how shit will go both for plotting and actually roleplaying. Want better for yourself and don't feel bad about it.
I've always felt that way. I see it as a chemistry or "X Factor" thing where you can just sense, somehow, if you will click with the person or not. In these cases it is more obvious which is great as it saves me from having to work at assessing them. They do it for me from the get go. I don't feel bad about it, just in the context of this thread it provides some background as to why responding isn't always the best course of action.

I've always felt that way. I see it as a chemistry or "X Factor" thing where you can just sense, somehow, if you will click with the person or not. In these cases it is more obvious which is great as it saves me from having to work at assessing them. They do it for me from the get go. I don't feel bad about it, just in the context of this thread it provides some background as to why responding isn't always the best course of action.
Depending on my mood I like to fire questions at them, they rarely respond of course but I do it to try and drop a hint that they need to work on their approach.

1/ Which idea did you like?
2/ What do you like about it/where do you see it going?
3/ What themes/kinks do you want to explore?
4/Tell me more about yourself and your writing style.

I fire it off and forget about it because chances are they haven't thought about RP enough to answer any of them.

But that's not what we're discussing. We're talking about someone who took the time and effort to write a decent RT reply and isn't creepy or wildly off-base in what they're proposing or asking about.

But that's not what we're discussing. We're talking about someone who took the time and effort to write a decent RT reply and isn't creepy or wildly off-base in what they're proposing or asking about.
It's all relative. I think a lot of the "Wanna RP" types genuinely think they are doing it "right" or at least right as far as they see it. It's like those ads you see "No Time Wasters/No tyre kickers" do time wasters know they are a waste of time?

I have been doing this for quite some time now and I have noted a shift in the culture and how people communicate and RP. As much as I dislike the PM's that don't provide me with any details they are common. So it leads me to believe I might just be "old fashioned".

My 2 cents… I think If you’d prefer a response, mentioning it in your message would be helpful. A simple β€œβ€¦ and please let me know if you’re not interested so I can close this thread.”

if they still don’t respond then that’s on them :p

My 2 cents… I think If you’d prefer a response, mentioning it in your message would be helpful. A simple β€œβ€¦ and please let me know if you’re not interested so I can close this thread.”

if they still don’t respond then that’s on them :p
That would be very polite. Unfortunately, I'm sure you'll learn, not everyone is polite around here. Many prefer to just ignore people and avoid any perceived "confrontation". It's whatever.

Back
Top Bottom