Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Star Wars Saga Edition: Interest Check

Darth Halford

Meteorite
So, I've been a big fan of this system since it came around, and am curious to see if anyone out there would be interested in picking up a game, with some NSFW elements tossed in for good measure.

If you're unfamiliar with the system, but would like to know more, let me know as well.
If you're interested, let me know if you have a specific storyline or adventure path you may have in mind.

I need to think on this hard. I admittedly came into this VERY ill prepared. I had absolutely no plan for timeperiod, level, etc; I just wanted to see if there were people who wanted to do SWDE with some smut injected.
A-firm on that, and I'm happy about it, but now I actually have to plan....

Well, it does seem like you have a plan for level (7 to allow Jedi Master), and we've basically ruled out the Rebellion Era, since we have more than 2 Jedi. It seems like Old Republic or Rise of the Empire are the best bets. One of the nice things about both of those, in my opinion, is that plenty of worlds were self-governing at the time, at least one paper, which makes it easier to stay out of big politics until desired.

A-firm on that, and I'm happy about it, but now I actually have to plan....
Welcome to the world of being a DM. I'd fathom there is absolutely no way that players will immediately take your plan and de-rail it. It has never happened to me.. (sarcasm)

Kckolbe is right though, most players in this are likely to want to play force users in some way. I'd not see a reason why I play anything else in all honesty. Maybe a captain of a ship that brings everyone to and fro on the down low?

I'd not see a reason why I play anything else in all honesty. Maybe a captain of a ship that brings everyone to and fro on the down low?
Personally I plan on going something more mundane, a skill-type with some combat, some hybrid of support and front liner. I can flesh out more once we know the period and/or premise.

Depending the Era, it is possible that the Padavan is a multiclassing Jedi, so basically it can be at level 6/1 anything/Jedi...
There are also some rules for Padawans in the Jedi Academy sourcebook that we could look at using, if the Padawan player doesn't want to multiclass. They're intended for NPCs, but could work ok for a PC.

Paraphrasing:
- While the Padawan is within 12 squares of their master, they add their master's heroic level to all of their defense.
- When the Padawan takes damage that would drop them to 0 HP and exceed their damage threshold, they're just knocked out instead of being killed.
- While adjacent to their master, the Padawan can redirect any attack made against them onto their master as a reaction (if the master is willing).
- Instead of taking a cut of the party's XP, the Padawan just gains as much XP as their master.
- Whenever the Padawan levels up, their master gains the 24-hour bonus from the Education destiny.

The Padawan is technically supposed to be a non-heroic character until they finish their training, but I don't see any reason those rules wouldn't work with heroic classes instead.
The downside is that the Padawan is still going to be relatively weak compared to everyone else under these rules - they're expecting to be doing things like flanking and assisting with attack and skill checks, rather than providing damage output and so on in their own right. Makes sense thematically, but might not be satisfying to play.

Welcome to the world of being a DM. I'd fathom there is absolutely no way that players will immediately take your plan and de-rail it. It has never happened to me.. (sarcasm)

Kckolbe is right though, most players in this are likely to want to play force users in some way. I'd not see a reason why I play anything else in all honesty. Maybe a captain of a ship that brings everyone to and fro on the down low?

So, to be fair, I already GM a different SWSE game on another site, but when I started that game, I had an idea that started it off (well, rather, I took the idea from a previous GM who buggered off and ran with it). This is far more nebulous.

On the plus side, it's harder for us to derail your plan when there isn't one. ;)

In all seriousness, though, is there anything we can do to help you figure things out?

If there are more than one Jedi, then it is possibly something focused on them doing their thing. What they are doing is very much rooted in the Era...

I would then focus on making that Padawan for @desperado1089. Possibly multiclassing, as in she was something else before she finds herself with a Jedi Knight to teach her what Force Sensitivity is all about...

So, basically I am still bringing some other knowledge to the table with the group of Jedis and what not. If nobody else, I am okay with focusing on Computers, Droids, Programming etc...
But I can also imagine her being this wild child instead with survival and exploration focused things.

Before I begin, please let me know if I get a bit too overbearing, but here are some other thoughts.

Much of KOTOR is about exploring past Jedi locations, which is something it would make sense to assign a Padawan to do, as it would further train and enrich them. Hunting down a small Sith element could be a good "mission" as well. Non-Jedi can be attached for more logistical reasons, perhaps one member knows the planet well, or another owns the ship taking them, etc. It's hardly the most original idea, but its simplicity prevents the world from being too developed and interfering with future plans.

@ChrisGabriel I like that idea. I figure your char would likely be 2 levels under the rest, with maybe one level of Jedi and the rest something else? I know that I will likely avoid survival-related skills and themes, so that would be open.

I am more interested to know where in time and place are we planning to play? It is not indifferent where we are in the timeline and the Galaxy, after all.

I am still planning to use both the Rebellion and the Legacy Era books, by the way, to make my character.

I am planning to create a Scout, who would multiclass into Jedi if me playing a padavan is still needed/open. [If anyone gets to play a Jedi Knight at level 8 (because that is a prestige class), I am at least level 6 all together, but also being level 7/1 or 6/2 could work.]

For races: Zeltron, Nagai, Codru-Ji, Chiss are my choices, all of these should be rare and unique. [Meaning, if anyone else wants to bring one, I would not.]

Awesome! I'd just like to re-state to make sure everyone's on the same page who needs to be, that one of my top "kinks" is an appearance-related one, so some folks don't go in for that sort of thing. If that's a problem, that should be addressed now rather than later.

I am okay with starting my scout, and never becoming a padawan. :)
(Unless really needed to be a force sensitive character.)

But... I do have an adequate character of mine which would only need some tweaking maybe.

@Darth Halford

Attachments

• Nikita.jpg
    Nikita.jpg
    236.7 KB · Views: 6
  • Mewbidhwia.jpg
    Mewbidhwia.jpg
    44.1 KB · Views: 4
  • Drowsinper.jpg
    Drowsinper.jpg
    33.3 KB · Views: 4
  • Life of Nikita.pdf
    173.3 KB · Views: 7
I feel as if I should head to my local comic book shop and pick up some of the SWSE gamebooks, if we're gonna be that rules-intensive. Funny thing though, I don't remember our GM, @Darth Halford stating that we're gonna be like that.

Awesome! I'd just like to re-state to make sure everyone's on the same page who needs to be, that one of my top "kinks" is an appearance-related one, so some folks don't go in for that sort of thing. If that's a problem, that should be addressed now rather than later.
Have you said what it is? If so, I think I missed it.

I feel as if I should head to my local comic book shop and pick up some of the SWSE gamebooks, if we're gonna be that rules-intensive. Funny thing though, I don't remember our GM, @Darth Halford stating that we're gonna be like that.
Unfortunately, you might struggle to find the books at a reasonable price - it's been out of print for about ten years now. I've been using Star Wars Saga Edition Wiki as a reference for the books I don't personally own, and it seems to be alright, but it might not be a great resource for actually learning the system in the first place. I'm happy to lend you a hand with mechanics; are you familiar with any editions of Dungeons & Dragons? The basics of the system are pretty similar to that, particularly 3.5 (but with some differences).

Have you said what it is? If so, I think I missed it.
Pubic hair, I think, buried towards the end of the first page.

Aye.

are you familiar with any editions of Dungeons & Dragons?
Yes, 5E.

Why else would this be in the system rolaplay requests/interests section?
I imagine each system RP on here has different amounts of reliance on the rules of the system it's based on, and Darth Halford has yet to say whether or not we're gonna need to know all that in order to do this. Might help a lot if he DID say how much of the rules we're gonna need to know.

Back
Top Bottom