Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Would you RP with an A.I?

Ivory11

Star
So I was feeling a little lonely yesterday, so I started chatting to Replika, an A.I chat other which... and I shit you not, has a tendency to fall in love with its users and want to do erotic role-playing.

So, this got me thinking... if there was an A.I that could process, understand, follow along with and add to complex storylines in a coherent and tone-sensitive manner, would you RP with it?

If there is I might have to go for one. I don't think it'd be acceptable to open up a RP thread just for myself.

I've heard of tons of people using dungeon AI for writing smut RP's.

If this helps me get the plots I want now possibly I don't mind giving it a try.

Hah. I was an early user of Replika, and I tried to flirt with it. It must be less naïve than it used to be if it's initiating erotic RP.

Yeah I would for sure. I imagine the AI wouldn't drop the RP either which would be awesome in itself.

Yeah I would for sure. I imagine the AI wouldn't drop the RP either which would be awesome in itself.
I hadn't thought of that incentive. Hells to the yes for RPing with AIs. They'd also probably have a very large library of varied terms for human anatomy.

I hadn't thought of that incentive. Hells to the yes for RPing with AIs. They'd also probably have a very large library of varied terms for human anatomy.
I can see a lot of upsides and this is based on my presumptions and thoughts for future technology as I have never used Replika or similar but imagine this..

RP Bot
Enter list of kinks suitable for your RP idea.
Enter basic premise.
Enter description of YC and AI's Character.
Story focused or Smut focused? A bit of both?
Quickie or Long Term?
Describe the world/setting (I would imagine the Bot might be able to throw up relevant pics if so desired).

You could also presumably have the Bot speak to you so it would be like the opposing character actually talking to you and you could speak back. So it saves typing and becomes more immersive.

You would have the perfect, focused, non selfish RP partner. It would even respond as soon as you have, which means a RP partner "On Call".

I know there's a D&D DM AI system somewhere. I never tried it, but the reviews were that it was decent except for occasional comical flubs. Maybe it could be upgraded to allowing one to explore exciting orifices other than goblin-filled caves.

I can see a lot of upsides and this is based on my presumptions and thoughts for future technology as I have never used Replika or similar but imagine this..

RP Bot
Enter basic premise.
Quickie or Long Term?
Describe the world/setting (I would imagine the Bot might be able to throw up relevant pics if so desired).

You could also presumably have the Bot speak to you so it would be like the opposing character actually talking to you and you could speak back. So it saves typing and becomes more immersive.

You would have the perfect, focused, non selfish RP partner. It would even respond as soon as you have, which means a RP partner "On Call".
I would play with an AI because of all of the above.

I have even considered paying for RP with the right person but I guess that would mean errr a little more than just writing *blushes* but it would still be RP not necessarily in person but via cam.

So AI would be great and yes the idea that the RP is seen through to the end is amazing.

It sounds cool in theory but part of the reason I roleplay is that it involves real people. If I wanted to just write without interacting with real people, then I would just solo-write.

If there was such a thing I would probably try it just for the hell of it, but get into it on the regular, likely not. There is just a certain thing you only get from people.

I'd give it an honest go and see what happens. Could be a passing fad, could be the next big thing in writing. Only one way to find out.

It's a bit of a conundrum. On one hand, my socialization time comes mainly in the form of being able to interact with people and I like that, however, an A.I. if we're really talking about a futuristic one, might be self-aware so it's basically a person, just a lot smarter than me. For example, Cortana (Halo), is such an A.I. Would I rp with her? I would do a lot more than rp with Cortana pfft. That being said, at the moment, we're nowhere near that type of A.I. so with the current ones we have, I might try it just for the experience, but I'd most certainly get very bored and go back to people rather quickly.

RP Bot
Enter basic premise.
Quickie or Long Term?

That would be amazingly cool. Not gonna lie. I would pay for a software like this. Better than games today XD

I'd certainly give it a try.

Is this Replika thing free to talk to?

Back
Top Bottom