Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Not Your Average Teen Pop Star (DarkDreamer9110 x MsBloom)

Cassie certainly recognized X's passion. She'd seen Ellie like that many times. That was a good sign, and Cassie knew Ellie would also have seen it.

When Master and Servant started, Cassie noticed Ember eyeing her up, and held out a hand. "May I have this dance?" She asked in a sultry voice. Ember chuckled, taking the hand and leading Cassie out to an open spot on the floor. As they danced, what started as fairly casual but somewhat intimate dancing evolved into grinding and groping and twisting, Cassie very clearly and exaggeratedly worshipping Ember, lavishing her with attention, culminating in Cassie on her knees looking up adoringly at Ember as she ran her hands up Ember's legs to her ass before squeezing the ample posterior.

Their eyes locked, and Ember put her fingers under Cassie's chin, pushing upwards and encouraging Cassie to rise. Cassie did so slowly, maintaining the eye contact, and slipped her arms around Ember as they drew level with each other. Ember's arms moved, one to Cassie's lower back, the other to the back of her neck, pulling her close. Ember's gaze bored into Cassie, the tension and intensity like lightning, their faces mere inches apart. And then Ember began pushing on the back of her neck as the cis girl brought their mouths closer.

Cassie felt her dick hardening a bit, pushing against her panties and pressing into Ember's thigh. As a look of confusion started to make it's way across Ember's face, Cassie realized Ember could definitely feel it. The trans girl blushed, pulling away with a mumbled "sorry."

While she was doing that, Dusty had gravitated towards Léon, and André and Mel had seemingly started talking to and bonding with Adri.

The meeting went well enough. It surprised Cassie that Criss had seen the livestream Q&A, but she nodded. "Yeah. Glad you liked them. I just spoke from the heart." She said.

Whether Ellie or Adri noticed the way Cassie acted around Ember neither of them brought it up but rather waited for Cassie to let them know if it was anything other than a bit of playful fun. There was after all nothing in their polycule agreement about the three of them being exclusive and if Cassie wanted to explore with Ember then she was certainly free to do so as long as she communicated about it with her other partners.

With Adri having been pulled into a conversation with André and it's partner, Dusty and Léon huddling closer and closer together talking in hushed whispers until they were suddenly just gone and Cassie still busy with Ember, Ellie had been left with Andi and the two of them soon fell into talking about music, to some extent already planning Funhouse Sweethearts' next studio session which they scheduled a week later.

The evening ended without anyone knowing where Dusty and Léon had disappeared to even if the common theory was that they had probably headed back to the apartment the twins shared with Ember, for a bit of privacy.

Two days later Ellie was back in the studio with Andi and Criss watching the latter of the two work their magic. The result came out harder, harsher but still with the core of the songs (and for the most part Cassie's vocals) relatively intact. Ellie sucked up every little trick like a sponge and probably asked a few too many questions but when Criss was done, having done individual remixes of the four songs and one long mix where the songs all blended together into one long sequence, the way a DJ might have played them at a night club, the two of them ended up having coffee and talking more in depth.

Another two days later the band convened at Dusty's for rehearsals and to work out NYATG and Out of the Closet and Onto the Battlefield, something Ellie had been looking forward to now that they were a full band. She could barely wait to see what Léon and André would come up with.

Cassie wasn't sure herself yet what the situation between her and Ember was. The chemistry was undeniable, sure, and it was absolutely fun, but Cassie wasn't sure if this was just admiration, a crush, or something else. She didn't even know if Ember was into women. Or if she'd be okay with dating someone who had other partners.

All of this came out in her next therapy session with Sabrina, on the same day Ellie was in the studio with Criss.

"So, Cassie, what I'm hearing is you're wondering if you like Ember or if you like Ember, would that be accurate?"

Cassie sighed. "I mean ... I get butterflies in my stomach when we're in the same room. I feel electricity when we're close to each other. When we were in the studio, singing ... Her voice did something to me. I wanted to shower her with love, worship her for the beauty in herself she couldn't see. I mean, you could cut the sexual tension with a knife. And at the club, the whole dancing together to Master & Servant thing ... We almost kissed. We probably would have, if I hadn't ... Gotten aroused and embarrassed. And she definitely knew."

Sabrina nodded. "Did she seem as into everything as you were?"

"Oh, I asked for the dance, but she led.and yeah, she definitely seemed into it. She's the one who almost made us kiss."

"So it seems likely she at least enjoys your company deeply. You know what I'm going to say, right?"

Cassie nodded. "That I need to have an open, honest discussion about it with her about how I feel."

"Exactly."

"But what if she doesn't want to date me because I'm polyamorous? What if she doesn't like dick, trans or not? What if she—"

"Cassie, stop. You don't have to ask her out. Just discuss your feelings. "Hey, Ember, I really like you. I think I might have a crush on you. I wanted to see if you felt anything similar." Something like that. No need to pressure for an immediate upgrade to going on a date together, you know?

Cassie sighed. "Yeah, that makes sense." She agreed.

"And remember, you don't have to rush this. You can talk to her when you're ready, on your time."

Cassie was looking forward to the next rehearsal session. They were going to start working on her babies, NYATG and Out Of The Closet, Onto The Battlefield. And hopefully Ember would be there as well. Cassie wasn't sure if she would talk to the cis girl about her feelings just yet, but she was happy to spend more time with her. Maybe that would help settle things, help Cassie decide how she actually felt and if she wanted to explore more with Ember.

They arrived at Dusty's, and as they were unpacking their equipment, the twins and Ember pulled up in one of their own cars. Dusty smiled brightly at Léon, walking over to take Léon's hand with a smile. "Hey there, handsome." He said with a grin, leaning in to give Léon a peck on the cheek.

Cassie and Ember managed to exchange pleasantries without either girl to bring into an awkward mess, and once everyone was ready, Cassie queued up NYATG for everyone to listen to. As they'd done for their first sessions together, Cassie had removed the keyboard and bass tracks so André and Léon could freely decide what they felt worked for it.

Before they started working on what Ellie had begun to refer to as The Long Ones she had played the remixes to the band and gotten their approval to make them their next release. She had then set up her laptop to record their rehearsals, partly to monitor the progress of the songs but also because she knew they would need to add tracks that perhaps none of them would be able to play, horn sections and strings mainly. First though they ran through the songs a few times to let André and Léon get the feel for them, add their own flavour to them. When they got to the section of Out of the Closet that was intended for the solo André surprised Ellie by mentioning it also played the saxophone and perhaps could add some to the solo. Ellie almost jumped with joy at the idea and as they rand through it again the two of them traded solos back and forth rather than a single solo as had been intended. This made the song quite a bit longer and it was now without question well into double digits in length. This expanded even more the next time they ran through it when André decided to switch between saxophone and keyboards during the solo section, with Léon doing a rather complex bridge on the bass before they got to the last verse and chorus.

Dusty was given the chance to show of his skills on the drums during in NYATG where he got to do a little solo in the middle before Ellie took over and this time it was Léon's turn to surprise her by making a quick run to the car to retrieve an electric viola which added an eerie atmosphere to the song and adding to the solo section as he did this all pushed NYATG close to the ten minute mark as well.

The songs were certainly coming together well and Ellie had no doubts whatsoever that by their next studio session they would be ready to put it all down and have the songs ready for release before she and Cassie headed off to her dad and his new family.

Neither of these two songs seemed to have much in common with the ones they had already released. The four on their eponymous first EP were relatively simple pop songs. These were monsters that had more in common with progressive rock. And yet ... the attentive listener would of course still recognise the core of what Funhouse Sweethearts were as a band. There were other songs in their repertoire that were different to both sets of songs but in other ways. After all who wanted a band to regurgitate the same thing over and over Ellie figured.

Being as sentimental as Cassie was about NYATG, it had been hard to cut out the bass and keyboard tracks she and Ellie had written for it. She wondered about discussing the idea of releasing a version of it that had the original music. But in any event, it had worked out. André and Léon were absolutely on their A-game. And they now had options for saxophone and viola sections in the band's music. Already Cassie could think of a few of their songs that could benefit from one or both instruments. Talking To The Moon was an obvious choice for a viola track; she'd have to talk to Léon about it later.

The expansion in length of the songs led to a quip from André that they basically had an EP in just the two songs. Cassie had realized that it had a point, and so she suggested they try to work a bridge between the two songs.

Ember spoke up. "Maybe something like We Will Rock You. A simple clap/stomp/chant beat, maybe something like 'c'mon, c'mon, Come out,' a capella style, maybe just a snazzy jazz riff on the sax."

Cassie stared at Ember unblinkingly for a moment, then nodded. "Yeah, that could work. You want to lead us off?"

Ember shrugged. "Sure. Let's do this." She said.

A few minutes later, after playing around with the tempo and such, they had finally gotten something they all liked. With all six voices, it was difficult to distinguish any individual voice, but Ember's definitely rang through.

As they listened to the complete set, Cassie smiled at Ember as they got to the interlude piece, giving the other girl an admiring look.

"I could kiss you, you beautiful Ember of Inspiration." she said.

"Then why don't you?" The quip was out of Ember's mouth almost before Cassie had finished speaking.

Cassie chuckled. "Didn't want to presume consent."

"Well, it's given."

That was all it took. Cassie walked over to Ember, gently cradled the other girl's head with her hands, and pulled her into a kiss, which Ember reciprocated.

When they pulled apart, Cassie blushed, glancing at Ellie as she did so. "Fuck. That ..."

Ember nodded. "Fuck is right." She looked at Ellie, then back at Cassie. "I, uh, I don't want to cause trouble between you two. It was just a ... I mean, it didn't mean any ... I ... Fuck!"

Cassie sighed. "Maybe you should come to our place for dinner tonight. There's a lot to discuss, and I think the four of us, me, you, Ellie, and Adri, need to have a talk with mine and Ellie's moms and dad. They might have advice about this. But for now, let's just pretend nothing happened and get through the session. We'll figure this out when we're not emotionally reeling."

Ember nodded. "Good idea."

Last edited:
Ellie couldn't help but smile when Ember made her suggestion. There was a brilliance to the simplicity to it the same way there was to Queen's We Will Rock You, except this one would have no verses, just a chanted chorus. She did however mute the strings on her guitar with one hand and tapped out the rhythm on its body while it was plugged in and then just as the saxophone solo was about to start she lifted her fingers of the strings for the final beat and let an open six string chord ring out, over which André then played his solo while the rest of the band kept the beat going. It added a little something to the song, at least in her mind and she suggested they'd do one more take with Léon doing the same on his bass.
"And maybe instead of stomping your feet ad clapping your hands," she said to dusty.
"you could use the bass drum and a rimshot."
She then turned to the rest of the band with a smile.
"Let's just try it shall we and if it doesn't work well do it without any instruments at all. OK?"

They did two more takes, one with Ellie's suggestions and one that was just the basic stomp and clap beat and when they were don Ellie suggested they should leave it to be decided later which version to use. They still had one day left in the studio for mixing and stuff.
"Let's all just get a rough mix of each version and vote on it tomorrow."

The kiss did of course not go unnoticed by anyone in the studio and Ellie returned Cassie's glance and gave a nod of approval she then stood up and walked up to Ember and with a subtle jerk of her head asked her to follow. Once they were outside the actual studio she smiled.
"We will all talk later tonight over dinner but I don't want you to worry yourself about any potential consequences. We don't just have an open relationship, Cassie and me, but as you already know we're in a polycule with Adri, whom you met at the club."
She tilted her head to one side and then continued.
"I mean seriously, had Cassie thought there would be trouble if she kissed you she wouldn't have done it right in front of the entire band like she did, right?"

Later that evening they had all gathered around the Clayton/Spencer parental unit's kitchen table to enjoy Eric's Moussaka and to talk, or rather explain the situation to Ember. Adri had already given their permission as well the moment Ellie had texted them about the kiss.

"Now just because you and Cassie may date or whatever you want to call it," Adri said while they waited for dessert.
"Doesn't mean you have to date me and/or Ellie too."
"That's right," Joan agreed.
"A polycule can have many branches, where on one end for instance, you and Cassie are a couple while at the same time Cassie is in a throuple with Ellie and Adri. Perhaps some day Ellie will meet a man she falls in love with and be a couple with him without him necessarily having to be involved with either one of the rest of you.
"Luckily," Adri said and chuckled.
"I'd hate having to date a man just because my girlfriend does."

As Ellie led Ember away to talk to her, André looked at Cassie with a grin. "Good on you for making the move. I hope it pays off for you both. Ember ... Hasn't really had a lot of dating experience. There was the one dude who had a bit of a fat fetish, but that only lasted for about a week before he called Léon a "sissy [F-slur]," the first time they met. She laid him out then and there. Beyond that, she hasn't really dated anyone. Gone on dates, yeah. Dated, no. And with her insecurities about her size, it's..."

Cassie nodded. "I promise I will do everything I can to avoid hurting her."

André nodded. "I know you will. Make her happy, treat her right. That's all I ask."

Ember had smiled as Ellie explained the situation and made it clear that Ember and Cassie dating wouldn't be a problem to Ellie or Adri. "That's good to know. I just ... This is a weird situation. I mean, I'd heard about polyamory and stuff, but it's not something I ever thought I'd ... Find myself in the middle of. I guess I'll see you all at dinner and we can ... Figure this out."

Madison nodded in agreement with Joan. "There's a reason the word 'polycule' works. Because, like the molecules they're named after, they can get complicated, different connections and bonds linking different people in it. In this case, with Cassie, Ellie, and Adri being in a triad, you'd be connected to Cassie romantically/sexually, and Cassie would be connected to Ellie and Adri romantically/sexually. The term metamour, or just meta, is used for people who share a common partner but are not themselves romantically/sexually involved. So Ellie and Adri would be your metamours, and you would be theirs. And there's no one way metamours have to interact. Some people practice parallel polyamory, where they keep their individual relationships separate from each other. Some practice KTP, or kitchen-table polyamory, where the various metamours interact as a sort of blended social unit, hang out together, are friends independently of the relationship, et cetera. Sometimes it's in-between those two. That's without getting into things like solo polyamory and relationship anarchy. How you four choose to navigate things is up to you. Only you can decide what works for your relationships."

Ember nodded. "I see. I ... I don't think I'm polyamorous. The idea of loving, being in a romantic relationship, with multiple people ... It doesn't make sense in my head. I don't get it. But I don't mind if Cassie is. I know if I asked her to choose me or Ellie and Adri, I'd lose her, and deserve it." She said, smiling at Cassie. "I want to be your girlfriend, and I accept that that means sharing you. I mean, you're amazing, and I see why these two," she gestured to Ellie and Adri, "fell in love with you. And that you can love them both."

Cassie smiled back. "You're a beautiful woman, Ember, with the voice of an angel and the heart of a superhero. I'd be happy to have you as a girlfriend." She said, moving to kiss Ember, then Ellie, then Adri. "You're all amazing partners and people. I am so lucky to have you all."

After the dinner at The Clayton/Spencer parental unit Ellie and Adri withdrew back to their own house, a concept Ellie still couldn't really get her head around. She had of course lived there before as well, since she and Cassie had been in kindergarten together, since before Cassie came out of her egg. She had of course often referred to it as her house in the past but it had always meant, the house where I live. Now it was actually her house, co-owned with Cassie. It was weird in a way and weirder still that her mom no longer lived there, to ... keep an eye on her and Cassie.

They had left Cassie an Ember to do whatever they wanted to do after dinner, maybe go on a first official date, and if they were being honest they half didn't expect Cassie to come home that evening but rather spend it with Ember at her place. There were of course things they needed to talk to Cassie about with regards to any potential rules for her relationship with Ember but that could wait. There was no rush.

Over the next few weeks they released Not Your Average Teen Girl along with Out of the Closet and Ember's main contribution the short Come Out. The second Funhouse Sweetheart EP was titled Coming Out and like their first eponymous release it had a cover designed by Dusty showing the inside of a closet with the door ever so slightly ajar with the bands name and the title written in the narrow gap of light.

Dusty had also taken charge in filming videos for all the songs they had released so far.

The video for Out of the Closet showed Cassie, himself and André walking through doors, even Adri had made an appearance, and through a variety of rooms where the band played in the background. For the louder more chaotic sequences he had managed to get hold of footage from the attack on Cassie by Keith (who's face he after careful consideration and discussion with the band, had blurred).

For NYATG he had borrowed footage from Cassie's and Ellie's YouTube channel, using the video of Cassie officially coming out to the entire world complete with sound as an introduction before the music began. Included in the video was also a screenshot of Kim Petras comment on the Q&A sessions where he had also borrowed footage of Cassie and Ellie performing the song. Even if it was a very different version to the one released he had still managed to sync most of Cassie's vocals. The video ended with a freeze frame of Cassie coming out to her parents.

Talking to the Moon had Cassie sitting in her old bedroom window singing to the moon with silhouettes of Ellie behind drawn lace curtains in her bedroom. Down on Me was cut from a handful of different, staged, live performances, in the studio, on the Spencer/Clayton/Moore living room, at Eric's restaurant and on the sidewalk outside the school. Be My Baby had been done in the style of a 60s girl group with Ellie and Ember flanking Cassie. It had taken some persuasion for Ember to agree but after the entire band had love bombed her she had agreed, reluctantly at first but like she had in the studio she had soon gotten into it and made a stellar performance out of it. Heart of a dreamer had images of Cassie and Ellie walking hand in hand in various locations mixed with close ups of Cassie singing.

All of these videos were then one by one uploaded to an entirely new YouTube Channel, linked to the original channel, because Dusty had wanted it to be easier to find them even without searching specifically for each video.

Saturday, July 16 Ellie and Cassie were up early. It was the day they were leaving for Ellie's other family. Usually it had just been Ellie going but this year she had wanted to bring Cassie and make the introductions. The two of them had been discussion all week whether or not to also invite Adri along but in the end it was Adri who had said that perhaps one shock, in the form of a transsexual lesbian girlfriend was enough for Ellie's second family.
"We can save the next shock of adding a masc-presenting non-binary partner with a female preference for Christmas," they had said with a chuckle.
"Just remember that our moms and dad are right next door in case you need anything at all, or just can't be bothered cooking. Don't be afraid to ask. You're family and they will treat you like it," Ellie had said after stuffing the last of her bags into Joan's station wagon and then kissed her partner with passion and even grabbed a grope or two.

Back
Top Bottom