Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Becoming My Brother's Lover (LustfulSins&n.oiz)

LustfulSins

Sin City Citizen
Nova Carter rolls out of bed at 6am, just like every other day. There's nothing special about today, just another Thursday morning. And another day of college classes. He's a second year at the local college, twenty-two years old. His major is graphic design, and minoring computer sciences. Anyone would call him a nerd, or a geek, if they didn't know him. But he's definitely not the typical hide-in-the-shadows gamer guy. Nova has a healthy respect for his own body, keeping in shape, eating well, getting enough outdoors time. And, of course, making sure his younger brother does the same. With their parents both constantly traveling for work, Nova has had to look after Harley for the last four years. It's mostly just been them. They see their parents once every three months, if they're lucky. And they've missed coming home the last two Christmases. Needless to say, Nova became quite protective and affectionate of Harley.

Stretching, Nova dresses in navy jeans, a white tee, and a black button shirt, the front left open. He runs his fingers through his light brown hair to tousle it, rarely ever doing more than that. Then he's out the door and across the hall to Harley's room. There's no knock, he just lets himself in and switches on the light. "Rise and shine, little brother. It's another school day. If you want a ride, you better get up. I have a 7:30am class today." Voice smooth and pleasant to listen to, Nova picks up a sweater by the door and throws it at the lump in the bed that is Harley. "Get up, Harley." Leaving the light on, and the door open, Nova heads down the hall, pausing in the bathroom to do his morning business before heading downstairs.

In the kitchen, Nova connects his phone to the bluetooth speaker he keeps there and flips through his playlist. Settling on something rock and roll, he turns up the volume to be obnoxiously loud. It's to encourage Harley to get out of bed. Nova sets to making breakfast for the two of them, toast and eggs, with a side of fruit and yogurt. Healthy.

Feeling the gentle voice of his older brother awaking him, Harley Carter gave a quiet yet sleepy groan. He was never a morning person, clearly unlike Nova, his mornings only met with upset little grumbles about 'having to wake up so early' which heavily contrasted his usual chipper and upbeat personality. Lifting his head up from his comfortable pillow, his dyed pink hair looked a mess- a clear case of bed head as he rubbed at his eye and mumbled in reply to the sweater being thrown at his bedsheets. "Okay...I'll get dressed." Sitting up in his bed and finally getting up, the boy changed from his pyjamas into a maya blue sweater that was previously thrown at him by his older brother, a white pair of jeans and to match a white shirt under said sweater, the collar poking out.

Coming into the kitchen, he stretched and yawned, grumbling "Do you have to play your music so early in the morning?" He took his seat at the kitchen table, looking like he had freshly rolled out of bed - which was true. Living alone with his older brother often had his ups and downs. Firstly, Harley knew that Nova would take good care of him whilst his parents worked, secondly it was nice having such a funny and caring brother, and finally he often got a free ride to school and a decent alarm clock. But, there were a few negatives; one being having the others rock and roll music blasted at a ridiculous volume first thing in the morning.

"What's for breakfast?" He asked, catching a glimpse of himself in the reflection of the stove, quickly moving to fix his serious case of 'bed head'.

Nova grins as Harley complains about his music, mouthing along to the words. He's a good singer, but it's more fun to tease his brother by mock singing. Shutting off the stove, Nova makes up two plates for them, adding the toast. There's more on his own plate, but he also has a bigger appetite than Harley. Turning, Nova pauses to laugh as he catches Harley in the middle of fixing his hair. "You always have bedhead. A brush would help, you know. Your hair tangles way more than mine does." Nova sets Harley's plate on the island counter, setting one of the two bowls of fruit and yogurt next to it.

"Healthy breakfast. Not poptarts." Nova's voice is teasing as he grabs a couple forks and spoons and comes around the counter to set his own breakfast down. Then his hands land on Harley's hips as he steers the boy to sit down. "Eat. Don't waste my hard work." Nova's right hand brushes Harley's ass as he removes his hands. Any onlookers would think the touch strange, and it probably is, but it doesn't stop Nova. He's always been very hands-on when it comes to directing his brother. He brushes it off as being protective, caring. Though, in the back of his mind, he worries what will happen when Harley hits eighteen tomorrow. The secondary genders of alpha, beta, and omega are never known until a person comes of age, typically on or around their eighteenth birthday. Speaking of.. "Hey, it's your birthday tomorrow. Any plans?"

Harley had always been used to the handsy ways of his elder brother, though somehow every time he feels the way Nova’s hand almost glide along his body makes his pale cheeks light up with a faint pink blush. But of course, he dissmisses is rather quickly. He knows Nova means no harm, he just wants to keep him safe! Though, Harley groans again as he’s told not to eat any pop tarts- a favourite of his. “C’mon...why? They’re tasty..” Harley whines, but of course he’s quick to start eating the healthier option provided by his brother, after all he’s grateful for everything and anything Nova gives him, he’s looking after him even though he’s in college.

But as Nova questions his plans for tomorrow, his eighteenth birthday, his mind falls blank. Well...he really had no plans. “Oh, yeah. I don’t really have anything planned, I was just thinking we’d have a movie night and order pizza, like every year.” Harley chuckled, taking a sip of his water and a bite of his food. “Though, I can’t wait to be an alpha,” The boy said unknowingly “Just like you big brother!” Harley he always been excited to find out his secondary gender. And even though he wasn’t physically gifted like many other alphas, he always believed he would be one, despite his skinnier and short frame.

Nova laughs, taking a bite of his toast. Harley's preference of poptarts as breakfast is exactly the reason Nova insists on making breakfast for him. "They're just sugar, Harley. There's no good value to them." Nova, for his part, isn't a fan of sweets. He prefers savoury things, and spicy foods. But he's always aware of what Harley likes, too. Even letting Harley pick half the meals he makes, with encouragement towards healthier choices, of course.

When Harley mentions a movie night and pizza like every birthday, Nova smiles. He knows Nova has friends, but it always warms his heart to know his brother would rather spend his birthdays with him. At the mention of Harley being excited to be an alpha, Nova gives him an amused expression. He has a pretty strong idea that his younger brother wouldn't be an alpha, more likely a beta. But he doesn't say anything, not wanting to crush Harley's hopes. "Whatever it is, you'll be the best." Nova swaps his fork for his spoon and downs his fruit and yogurt in a handful of big bites. "Alright, I'm going upstairs to brush my teeth. We have twenty minutes before we have to go, make sure you have all your stuff together." Nova stands, rinsing his dishes in the sink before putting them in the dishwasher. Then he takes his phone upstairs with him, the distance disconnecting the speaker and leaving Harley in quiet.

“I will, don’t worry. Though, I heard your first rut is really scary...” The boy whispered, before smiling “But I’m sure I’ll be okay! We’ll both be alphas soon.” Harley continued. It seemed he was hell-bent on being an alpha, as if the idea of being a beta or even an omega was out of the question for Harley.

Though, being left alone Harley sighed and scrambled to finish his breakfast. After all, he wanted some time to relax before being driven off to school. Plus, he felt as if he rushed his usual activities he did during a normal day, the next day would arrive faster. He was eager to finally turn eighteen. No longer being called the younger baby brother for him, no way! And, he would finally be able to determine his second gender. With a sigh he finished off his meal in around ten minutes or less, leaving a piece of toast as he scraped it into the bin and placed the empty plate in the sink. “Nova! Can we get coffee on the way to school? Like the good kind from starbucks!” Harley called to his older brother, it was clear he was quite the fan of sweet treats

Nova is flipping through his phone to check his class schedule while he brushes his teeth. Harley's comment about first rut for an alpha being scary sits in the back of his mind. Things like that are often discussed among family members, but Nova had brushed his off as having been uneventful. In truth, his first rut had been overwhelming. Unlike betas, who experience things at a much lower intensity and can easily ignore the pull of an omega in heat, the rut of an alpha is triggered by being near an omega in heat. So upon turning eighteen, if a person doesn't go into an omega heat, they're either a beta or alpha. Which is determined by proximity to an omega in heat.

Nova's first rut was not a memory he wanted to keep. He had been in class when a known omega classmate had unexpectedly gone into heat. Usually, the omega gets warnings that their heat is coming up, but this one hadn't. Once the scent had hit Nova's nose, he had shot out of his seat and across the room, pinning the poor girl before anyone else had reacted. Thankfully, the beta teacher and three beta classmates had managed to pull him off her before anything happened. The girl had been sent home, and Nova had been locked in the janitor's closet until he had calmed down.

Nova laughs as he comes back downstairs, hearing Harley say he wants Starbucks. "It's not good coffee, it's all sugar!" Shaking his head, Nova grabs his own bag from by the front door, scooping his wallet and the keys to his Ford Mustang from the side table. "Alright, let's go. I don't want to be late for class. Out the door, leaving Harley to lock it behind him, Nova slides into the driver's seat of the blue mustang.

“It’s not all sugar!” Harley tries to insist with a little pout, but he knows his brother is hardly easily convinced. And so, he quickly packs his school bag, checks he has everything he needs, puts his jacket on and follows after Nova. Grabbing his keys, he locked the door as he left before joining the other in the car. Though, now that Nova had brought it up, the subject of his eighteenth birthday lay heavy on his mind. Would he really end up an alpha like his brother? Only time could tell he supposed...

“So I take it we aren’t getting starbucks?” Harley asked with a small giggle as he fastened his seatbelt, fixing his hair once again in the mirror. “I need some form of coffee, I think I’m gonna die Nova...so tired..” He groaned, trying to persuade his brother

Nova rolls his eyes, reaching over to ruffle Harley's hair right after he fixed it. He backs out of the drive, then heads down the road. "Alright, fine. But we're going through the drive-thru this time. Last time we went inside, you took twenty minutes." Nova shakes his head, remembering the way his college professor had stared him down when he had arrived to class late.

Thankfully, the Starbucks isn't too busy this morning. It only takes them five minutes to get through. Then Nova is on the way to the high-school. "So did you get your homework done last night?" Nova doesn't do a lot of worrying about Harley's schooling, but he does enough. Parent-teacher meetings are always awkward if Harley falls behind, since Nova's the one that has to go meet with his teachers. So he tries to make sure Harley keeps up in his classes.

“Hey!” Harley said as his hair was ruffled, giggling again as he moved to fix it. But once they had finished in the starbucks drive thru, it seemed that Harley was satisfied “Thank you.” He hummed, taking a sip of his drink with a smile. “Oh...yeah I got some done, but it’s too hard and complicated. It doesn’t make sense.” He mumbled “It’s fine, it’s not due until last period so I’ll ask a friend to help me at lunch..” He reassured his brother. He knew how strict he was when it came to school.

Though, the drive seemed short once they had been in the drive thru, pulling up outside his high school in a few minutes. He sighed, standing up out of the car “Thanks!” Harley said again, humming out “I’ll see you tonight then, right?”

Nova nods as Harley stands up out of the car. "Yeah, I'll see you at home. I have some after class stuff to take care of, and I'm tutoring a classmate. I'll be home in time to make dinner though. Behave yourself, and pay attention in class." Nova waits for Harley to close the door, then pulls out of the school lot.

The day passes relatively quickly, as does Nova's after class responsibilities. It's raining by the time he gets home that evening, and he dashes from the car to the door. Not too wet, good. Nova kicks off his shoes, pushing them onto the boot mat. "Harley! I'm home!" Nova drops his bag in its usual spot by the door. He rarely has homework aside from major assignments, and currently he has none of those. Nova starts up the stairs to head for his bedroom. "I'm going to change, then I'll start dinner. What do you want?"

Harley’s school day was normal as per usual. Class passed after class, managing to get the rest of his homework done with the help of his friend at lunch, another class and then he was on the bus home. Once he did get home, he sighed to find his brother wasn’t home yet. Since their parents travelled a lot, Harley often grew rather attached to his brother who cared for him. He knew that, it was clear with the way he felt down when he was left by himself. And so, Harley walked into his room to try and get some work down.

That is until he hears the door. Harley perked up, beaming as he hurried to the door “Nova! Hiya!” He called as he greeted his brother with a hug, smiling “How was your day?” He asked, reluctantly pulling away “And can we have Mac and cheese?...”

Nova laughs, returning the hug before making his way up the stairs. He wouldn't be surprised if Harley followed him. "Yeah, sure. We can have Mac and cheese. But I'm not leaving you to supervise it this time. I'm not eating it burnt again." Nova chuckles, heading into his room. He leaves the door open, shrugging out of his button shirt and tossing it into the hamper by the door. His white tee is still fine, so he leaves that on, but he slips out of his jeans. He has no problem with Harley watching him; Nova has very little modesty no matter who he's with.

Pulling on red plaid cotton pants pants over his black boxer briefs, Nova turns around. "Got your homework done? Or do you still have some?" Nova leads the way back downstairs to the kitchen, setting about getting a pot of water boiling. He also pulls out things to make fresh salad. Gotta have something healthy. "Here, slice some tomatoes into fours." Nova sets a knife and cutting board on the counter, along with some small cherry tomatoes.

Just like clockwork, Harley followed after his brother. After all, being as attached as he was he liked to make sure he close to him as much as possible. He walked behind his brother all the way to his bedroom, standing and fumbling around with his hands as he changed. “I still have some. But I’ll get it done, it’s just really stupid...” Harley mumbled, averting his eyes away from Nova as he changed. “And I don’t burn it all the time...just sometimes. I haven’t burnt any food recently, so I’m improving!”

Once the other had gotten changed, he followed Nova down into the kitchen, cutting some tomatoes just like he was told to do. “Okay.” He said, grabbing the knife and carefully starting to cut, after all he didn’t want to hurt himself...again

Nova keeps an eye on Harley as he sets to breaking lettuce off the head and washing it. He's tempted to give Harley the talk about doing good in school, but he lets it slide tonight. Despite the fact that Harley turns eighteen tomorrow, he's still really just a kid. And yeah, there's only four years between them, but Nova had to grow up fast and look after his little brother. He wanted to preserve Harley's childhood.

When the water's boiling, Nova drops in two cups of macaroni pasta. It's enough for the two of them to have leftovers for lunch the next day. Although all their needs are taken care of with the money their parents put into their bank accounts, Nova still prefers they not buy lunches all the time. "Alright, add the tomatoes and go pick a dressing from the fridge." Nova makes quick work of chopping half a cucumber, adding croutons to the salad as well.

Once Harley had finished, he proudly placed the tomatoes in the salad and did as he was told- again. Picking out a more spice based salad dressing, as his knew his brother had a preference for something with a bit of kick to it, he placed it down on the counter and asked “Anything else you need me to do? I can help you know!”

Harley couldn’t help but feel guilty sometimes. After all, his brother cared for him even after all these years. Nova was twenty two, he had college, a life to go and live. He could have easily decided to leave Harley on his own . But Nova never did, and Harley was thankful for it. Despite the fact he would technically be an adult tomorrow, Nova still cared for him...

Nova laughs and ruffles Harley's hair. "I know you can help. But it's not like this is a complicated meal. Everything is ready now except the pasta. It's gonna be another five minutes, so why don't you go set the table? Let me know if you need help reaching the glasses."

Nova turns to the stove, stirring the pasta so it doesn't stick to the bottom of the pot. He's humming lightly, a random tune from one of his playlists. He's also thinking about school, and what sort of project he's going to pick for the assignment tomorrow. He has to present an idea through email, as he doesn't have any classes tomorrow. But there's still correspondence with his professors through email.

Harley sighed in reply, nodding his head as he walked over to go and set the table. Reaching the top shelf where the glasses were was always something he needed help with or had to find another way to reach. Today, he opted for finding another way to reach up and grab them. He took a chair, standing on it to he could pick up two glasses. After that, he took some plates, knives and forks to go and lay the table.

After doing so, he came running back over excitedly as he declared rather proudly “I set the table. Told you I could help..”

Nova snorts at Harley's childish pride, grinning. He shakes his head, turning off the stove and moving to strain the pasta. Once done, he pulls out the cheese, shredding an ample amount into the pot. "Here, stir this." Nova passes Hwrley to wooden spoon. "The heat from the pasta will melt the cheese while you stir."

Nova walks to the cupboard beside the fridge, pulling down his small bottle of Jack Daniels whiskey. He doesn't indulge in it often, but occasionally he will have a drink. Just one, he's a messy drunk and he's not about to let Harley see that side of him. He also pulls two coke sodas from the fridge. "All set? Bring the pot to the table." Nova makes himself a drink in one glass, and pours just coke into Harley's glass. Then he sits down and waits for Harley to dish up first.

Taking the wooden spoon from Nova, he began stirring the cheese and pasta together, watching as it melted. He kept on going until it looked about right, then picking it up and hurrying over to the table. He set the pot on the table, taking the spoon and placing a few spoonful's into each of their bowls. From there Harley walked back to the kitchen and then placed the almost empty pot on the counter.

Harley then came hurrying back in like before, taking his seat at the opposite side of his brother. However, he couldn't help but pout slightly, noticing his brother's glass of whiskey and coke. He often forgets the significant age gap between the two, it feels as though they're more like best friends than brothers, and then he's slapped in the face with a reminder. But he keeps his queries to himself and instead taking forkful of Mac and Cheese, humming out "I always love when you cook, its so good."

Nova doesn't miss the pout, and he can what it's directed at. He laughs, stretching out out his right leg to rub his foot against Harley's ankle. "You can have alcohol tomorrow when you're eighteen." Nova picks up his fork digging into his own bowl of cheesy pasta.

Harley's comment about his cooking makes Nova smile. "Someone had to be a good cook. And yes, I know you're learning. But if I let you cook for us all the time, you'd probably have poisoned us by accident by now." Nova's voice is teasing, coupled with a smirk. His foot is still casually rubbing Harley's ankle, Nova doing it without really thinking.

Harley smiled a bit at the other rubbed his leg against his ankle, giggling a bit "That tickles you know...And okay, you have to promise me I can try some alcohol tomorrow when we order pizza, okay?" In all honesty, Harley was excited yet almost nervous about turning eighteen. Of course he found out his second gender, which he was positive would be alpha, he was officially an adult and of course he could now finally drink. All these new opportunities.

"And yes I can cook! I sometimes add little things to my pot noodles. And I can make a sick omelette!" Harley grinned rather proudly, still digging into his food with that same smile on his face. "It's only because you're a little better at me than cooking that you make most the meals."

Nova snorts, shaking his head. "More than a little better, kid. I was helping Mom cook when I was twelve. I love cooking." Nova had always enjoyed being in the kitchen, but as a hobby, not a career. His career choice had always been graphic design on computers.

Nova finishes his food first, pushing his plate aside to watch Harley. He chin rests in his palm, elbow on the table while he takes his time enjoying his drink. "So, finish your homework after dinner? I promised my friends I'd log on and play with them tonight."

Harley nodded his head, once again knowing how strict Nova was when it came to school. "I will, I will. I promise. Don't you have school work?" He retorted back teasingly, chuckling and smirking like the other had before. "Only kidding, I promise I'll get it done...even if I think its shit." Harley spoke in that same teasing and playful tone, before going back to his food. The other was right though, he was far more better in the kitchen that Harley could ever hope! Not that he was complaining. It was nice to know that even if their parents were barely around, Nova still looked after him.

After finishing his food he sighed and sipped a bit of his coke "Thanks Nova." He said, always thankful for whatever his brother gave him. "Tomorrow, you have to promise you won't sit on your games and whatever all night and you'll at least watch one movie with me. Or let me play with you...even though I'm not very good."

Nova moves his foot higher, rubbing it against Harley's calf. This is brief though, as he stands when Harley is finished eating. "I promise. Tomorrow is just you and me. I wouldn't spoil your eighteenth birthday." Nova gathers up the plates after tipping his head back to finish his drink. He takes them to the kitchen, rinsing them before setting them in the dishwasher. He does the same with the pot after storing the leftover in containers.

"Alright, I'm heading upstairs. Get your homework done, and then you can do what you want. Don't stay up too late though. You still have school tomorrow." Nova smiles and waves, heading up to his bedroom. A few minutes later, he can be heard talking to someone, and the quiet sounds of a shooter video game play from his TV.

Back
Top Bottom