Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

How does this RT look?

WanderingBlackDragon

World Hopper
Okay, so I'm thinking of putting up a new request thread, since I'm shifting my focus in terms of what I'm looking for with roleplaying. While the thread I'm going to link will be discontinued, I do want to get feedback on it to see how I should go about writing the new thread.

As you can see here.

I don't feel like I'm getting what I'm looking for across in a concise manner, and the formatting could use some sprucing up. But, I'm not good with visual design.

What do you guys think?

1. I wouldn't even bother with the "Don't Ghost" part they will anyway if they want to. You can't control it.
2. It's in your no's anyway but it is "Cuckoldry" not "Cuckholdry"
3. I guess I was expecting more domestic/Slice of Life scenarios so was surprised to see they were more fantasy/sci fi based. I know it's a popular genre so you might find some people for it.

The setup is very clear. And you've got a nice listing for kinks you're interested in. I agree with @Lady Irony that the "Don't ghost" warning is superfluous. People are going to do that regardless of your thread warning, so, it's best not to focus on it or even worry about it. Besides, it's kind of a given. "Don't ghost me, I don't like it" is pretty obvious. I'd be surprised at the RT that asked for ghosting.

The male x multiple females is not very popular. If you take a look at threads in the General Discussion, female harem type stories are listed as a big dislike in a lot of "things you dislike" threads. I know yours is stated to be different but in a way, wanting more indepth relationships between characters is worse. The biggest complaint I see regarding this is how much work is expected from the partner writing the multiple characters. I don't know how you alleviate that burden, just something you should be aware of.

Another thing that sometimes turns people away is stock characters. It's a lot of homework you're expecting of your partner to put that out there and then asking them to choose one. If it were me, I wouldn't mention that I had premade characters. I'd take all that out and keep it private. Then once I get to writing with someone, I'd use whichever character fit best or whichever one I felt like playing. And I'd put in bits and pieces of that backstory in the rp as it came up or was needed, or if my partner asked a specific question about them, I'd have can answer ready. Forcing potential partners to read up on a character they don't care about yet is probably going to hinder the amount of response you get.

You'd be better served keeping your character sheets to yourself and listing a couple of plot ideas where the characters would fit instead.

Otherwise, it seems a pretty alright thread.

The male x multiple females is not very popular. If you take a look at threads in the General Discussion, female harem type stories are listed as a big dislike in a lot of "things you dislike" threads. I know yours is stated to be different but in a way, wanting more indepth relationships between characters is worse. The biggest complaint I see regarding this is how much work is expected from the partner writing the multiple characters. I don't know how you alleviate that burden, just something you should be aware of.
I have some ideas around 2 or more men in a relationship with 1 woman and the issue I have is how to make that interesting story wise. A concept alone isn't enough not to mention the workload of handling multiple characters. The Sci Fi/Fantasy scenarios might provide some settings for the characters to take part in but even then I wonder how it would be executed. I am not being critical of the OP as such, I think about my own spins on these types of relationships as well. I wouldn't want the story to be boring or where it becomes a chore trying to balance all the characters etc.

Another thing that sometimes turns people away is stock characters. It's a lot of homework you're expecting of your partner to put that out there and then asking them to choose one. If it were me, I wouldn't mention that I had premade characters. I'd take all that out and keep it private. Then once I get to writing with someone, I'd use whichever character fit best or whichever one I felt like playing. And I'd put in bits and pieces of that backstory in the rp as it came up or was needed, or if my partner asked a specific question about them, I'd have can answer ready. Forcing potential partners to read up on a character they don't care about yet is probably going to hinder the amount of response you get.
I'm not a fan of stock characters either but I notice lots of people use them so I am not sure how popular or not they really. I see myself as a niche market so I am never sure if my dislikes really represent the wider RP community!

I think generally though we all want to feel "special" so knowing that the person has a catalogue of characters that they will just throw into the RP does take away from that. In the end as @Hrairoo mentions people don't need to know the characters are pre made, you can just give a rough idea of the traits of the type of character(s) you want to play and then add in details as you go.

Back
Top Bottom