Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

An apocalyptic romance Alisa X Kira

"I will tell them you saved my life." She said plainly, "I will tell them I could not wait and I decided to sneak into the camp to free the slaves, I got you all out of the cages and lit the gunpowder to detonate, I did not quite move far enough away and stray shrapnel from the explosion wounded me gravely, and you healed me." Sonia smiled at her own brilliance. "That way we could say I owe you a debt and you will work with us till it is paid and upon its completion you may either stay or leave then."

She gave her a smirk.
"Oh, and you are okay with lying to your team like that? Are you sure that is the best first step to form a foundation of trust? I mean I'll go with whatever you decide but I personally prefer what I call a selective truth. For example, you were watching the camp, as agreed, waiting for the arrival. You saw me being brought in with a group of slaves. Then you saw an explosion before we met. You fought a scout and were injured by a dagger. See how I never actually say the scout had the dagger but merely implied it, not a lie, they simply might infer the wrong thing. Anyway, I healed your wound and my clothes and possessions were destroyed in the explosion so you brought me here so I would not freeze to death." She suggested.
"But that is just what I would do." She shrugged.

"More probable yes, but the problem with that truth is my companions know that I would never let myself be bested so easily, the man would have to be one hell of a fighter, but then again, I could have been blinded by rage at the sight of this camp." She put a finger to her mouth in thought, also taking in the woman's beauty, "So lets go with yours then, would stand to more reason then." She said frankly.

"Yeah I mean, what if they asked why you went in on your own when the plan was to wait, that's a lot of heat, plus this version still gives me credit for blowing up the slavers, Oh, also include the woman running out before the explosion and maybe say it in a way that implies I came out with them." She added.
"Also, we got an ETA for those clothes, this bear cloak is comfy and all but doesn't really allow me much movement without gusts of cold air hitting my pussy and breasts from time to time." She asked opening up the bearskin to reveal her still nude form.
"Or are you planning to use my nudity to distract your friends?" She asked raising an eyebrow.

"Tomorrow at dawn my companions will arrive, and so will your clothes." Sonia said as she turned and bit her lip as she gawked at the woman's beautiful body, "Sorry!" she said turning away, believing it to be impolite to stare, despite the fact that this woman was way to comfortable in her own skin, Sonia was not going to take her, or have her, she was too disciplined to give in to such an urge having barely known the woman, and still unsure if she was staying or going. "So, will you stay with us and travel with us?" Sonia asked.

Ethel smiled at her embarrassment.
"Hehe don't worry about it love, it's nothing you haven't seen before" She winked.
"And at the very least I am going to be waiting for those clothes, so seemed like I'll be spending the night. And of course, going to share that stew with you" She explained.
"And when your team arrives we will see how all that goes," She told her, wrapping herself up again in the bearskin.

"I should get more wood for the fire." Sonia said as she strode off into the night, another benefit of being a half elf was the ability to see in the dark, it was also why she was a good forward scout and even stealthy archer, no one could see her coming but by the time they realized she was near, they were dead. Sonia strode off into the night to gather fire wood and take a deep breath to gather her thoughts and compose them rather than just drool over the most beautiful woman she had ever seen.

Ethel nodded and let her go for the wood while she stayed behind and stirred the stew, making sure it didn't burn. She had a feeling she knew why she went out for wood but didn't say anything.

Moments later Sonia returned with an arm full of fire wood and she sat down by the fire, next to Ethel. "Okay, that should be enough." she said as she idly tended the fire, doing her best not to look at Ethel or think of her amazing body.

Ethel smirked as she noticed her avoiding eye contact.
"So it's pretty cold out there, I hope you didn't... cool off too much," She said to her as she moved around behind her and opened up the bearskin, wrapping it around Sonia, her bare body pressing up against Sonia from behind.
"Need me to warm you up again?" She asked in a sultry tone, a smirk across her face.

Sonia took a few deep breaths, calming herself, re gaining control. "Perhaps I should get a second bear skin." She stood up, walked to her tent, grabbed another and then wrapped it around herself and opened it partially, making room for Ethel to get inside. "This damned eternal winter." she said, "It cuts right to your bones."

Ethel smiled as she got out and grabbed her own skin, then offered for Ethel to join her, which she did.
"The stew should be done soon, but I recall you said you were seventy years old? and I can't seem to recall, how long has this winter been going on now?" She asked as she wore her bearskin inside the other bearskin.

"Since I was born." she said, "I cannot remember what anything else feels like, my mother told me the sun is warm and beautiful and the rain is cleansing, all I know is snow and cold. The only warmth I know is a bear skin blanket and a fire. Sonia leaned forward and took a sniff, "Mmm, and this stew." she said, "Warms you up from the top of your head to the tips of your toes."

"Right, that makes sense, green grass, blue skies, all that good stuff." She nodded smelling the stew as well.
"Seems just about done, your mother's recipe? seemed pretty improved" She smiled as she prepped some bowls and spoons, staying within her dual bearskins with Sonia.

"Inspired by my mother, warm, loving, and just a touch of spice, just like her." Sonia smiled at this, "Ethel, please tell me more about when you met my mother." she said as she spooned some stew into both of their bowls, "Tell me how she was like."

"Oh, well I am sure you know her better than I, but she was very wise, caring, and thoughtful, she certainly didn't mention having a daughter. She took me in and taught me a few things about your clan. I already knew elvish then so I spoke to her in that tongue, she helped me, hone my accent a little for that. hmmm," she paused for a moment.
"What did you want to know more specifically?" she asked taking some soup into her bowl once Sonia was done.

"She never spoke of you." Sonia said, "Did you fancy my mother?" She asked, "I know she is very beautiful, and I have been told on many occasions that I got my beauty from her." she took a bite of her stew.

Ethel gave a chuckle before taking a sip of the soup.
"So you are asking if I fancied your mother, who you got your beauty from? Are you sure you aren't trying to ask something else?" She said teasingly.
"But if you must know, Your mother was quite beautiful, and since you asked, we may have had some fun as I spent my time there. And to approach her not speaking of me, I don't see why she would, does she inform you of all guests and people she meets?" She asked before took another bite of stew.

Sonia blushed at Ethel's words, she had been caught, she thought. "She does not." Sonia said taking another bite, "Did you ever tell her who you really were? Is that why she never spoke of you? Is it possible one of these days I will know your real secret and what magick you posses?" She was growing more curious by the second, a lesser disciplined person would have thrown themselves at Ethel, she was sure this happened to her often. While Sonia did fancy Ethel quite a lot actually, she was also disciplined enough to not follow the others footsteps. If she was to woo Ethel, it would not be naked, by a fire, in the dead of winter night.

Ethel smiled taking another bite of her stew, looking over at Sonia as she gently placed her bowl in her lap as she spoke.
"We have been talking about me this whole time, why don't you tell me more about you? How did you go from a half-elf warrior to joining this crew of heroes trying to save the world, are all your teammates elvish? What was your mother like to you, how long have you been working with them? And how much progress have you made in your major mission with all these distractions?" She asked, lifting her bowl up again so she could eat as Sonia answered.

"I joined them because they were the only ones who appreciated my skills, we have made no progress, the only thing we have succeeded in doing is killing rogue wizards who try to preach the word of the omen, we are no closer to stopping it than we were years ago. I want to save the world because I want to know what the warmth of the sun feels like, what its like to swim nude in a lake and what other plants exist other than the ones that can only survive in this harsh landscape. My mother was kind and firm to me, she taught me how to live by the blade and kill with kindness." Sonia took a bite of her soup. "She was everything to me, and I to her, she could have had me killed or shunned being not a pure blooded elf but she took me in after my father was killed and showed me the ways of the elves. I know nothing about the human side of me, yet people say they see it in me and in certain parts, I have yet to understand that."

Ethel simply ate her stew as she listened to Sonia speak. She had heard all stories and known sorrow, but this age of winter is certainly bringing a new age of misery. Some will go their entire lives without knowing the warmth of the sun, or the feeling of cold water on a hot day. Had it truly been over 70 years since the Omen happened? How long has it truly been? hundred years? over a thousand? One of Ethel's weaknesses is certainly her inability to track time, it all blends together in her memory, yesterday, three hundred years ago, hard to tell. Perhaps this one time, she might try to do something, for so long everything had seemed so pointless, that no matter what she did, eventually, it would no longer matter. So she stopped trying.

"Well, how about we change that? once your crew gets here we will make strives to take down the wizards that started this winter. I don't know still how long you have been trying to stop them, but when I want something done, it gets done." She told her, placing a hand on Sonia's shoulder under the bearskin.

"You think we havent tried?" Sonia scoffed, "For every one we find and strike down, we come back with a body and two more rise the next day. My companions were in the dozens, now we are but one dozen, and only four are coming on this journey. They are smarter than us, stronger than us and we cannot fight them with mere weapons. Even our paladin, the most devout paladin I have ever seen is unable to put even a tinge of fear into the faceless monsters as they rain hellfire and lightning down on us. I have rained arrows from afar and it has merely broken their stride, the only true way to kill them is to remove the head from the body. It's almost as if they are possessed by some force inside the omen, which we still have no idea of its location, we will fight till we die and have nothing left, but it does not stop them."

She let her finished then she smirked.
Then we need to go to the source clearly, and I know you do not know where that is, so that should be our next goal. Information my dear Sonia is our goal, not blood, at least not yet. You have been distracted by meer pawns. We are going for the king, like you said, we must remove the head to kill this thing, so let's go to the top" she suggested. Her voice filled with confidence like she truly believed she could take them on right then and there.

"That's suicide." Sonia stated, "Nobody leaves the omen the same, its converts all it sees, there is no way to escape its grasp. Getting near it is asking to either die or be made a slave. I would die a thousand deaths before I allowed myself to be controlled by any sort of magick." She stated firmly, "There has to be a way to destroy it from afar."

Back
Top Bottom