Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Nothing is Coincidence(Zalvek+Anjeru)

Suriel found that her lips curved up into a smile in response to his laugh. She was glad to see that the war hadn't made him entirely cold like it had to most people; wait--where had that thought come from? Brushing it off, she nodded to Orguss and watched as he departed from the area in which she was housed. Even though his steps took him farther away from her, it still sounded like he was in the room with her - she could hear his steps, his voice as he greeted the returning companion she had met earlier that day. That wasn't normal, was it? She was starting to realize she wasn't what Orguss knew as normal. Her abilities that she presented at times were unnatural. She was beginning to see this and it frightened her when she put that fact alongside her dream.
Swallowing hard, she leaned back into the bed and relaxed as best she could. Lashes fell as she shut her eyes and she folded her hands on the flat plane of her abdomen. And she listened.

[Short, sorry. It's early and I haven't slept yet. XD;]

< Then go to beeeeed~! :3 >

Orguss nodded at his friend, who also removed his helmet when he enetered the base. His features were much smoother, as he tended to try and keep himself attracted to others. To say the least, he often spent his time away forom the base in town trying to get a girl. The man gave a playful smirk while setting his rifle down by the gun rack.

"Well, I managed to get thirteen of them. These guys were pretty big amateurs to say the least..."

Orguss gave a soft nod to him before looking over at the entrance of the outpost. Thankfully it was well protected with little chance of anyone actually noticing the entrance. They were almost entirely safe here from anyone. He sighed while putting his hand to his chin and rubbed. It was about time for him to shave again...

"Hm, that's good McGinnis... Did you let the scouts know about the radar jamming?"

"Yeah, I just did. They're patrolling right now directly instead of just checking the motion trackers in the station." McGinnis looked down with a frown, the situation clearly bothering him as well, "Have you ever seen any rebels with that kind of technology...?"

"No, I can't say. It's rather unnerving, isn't it?"

"Yeah... Looks like this war's only going to get worse at this rate..." The sniper sighed before running his fingers through his hair idly before walking away. "I'm going to get something to eat. You should get some rest as well... I'm sure that girl wouldn't mind that either."

Orguss didn't even blush or show signs of embarrassment, just a look of grave disapproval. McGinnis took this as a hint and hurried off before his fellow soldier showed any ambition to act on those angered emotions.

The young woman rolled onto her side and sighed, listening as the two soldiers spoke, even though they were clearly out of ears range. Her long raven hair had spilled across the shoulder she was laying on. It pooled into a pile of silk black, like that of an expensive cloak, across the white pillow - it was such a contrast of colors, extreme opposites. Lashes of matching black swept down as she closed her eyes and relaxed. The blanket she pulled up to her waist, to where the girl's breeches ended and her blouse started. The blouse had ridden up on her abdomen, showing the stark paleness of her skin; she didn't really notice or seem to care as she laid her arm across her hips. Finally she tucked her free right hand just under her cheek and rested.

Suriel dozed, but somehow, she kept full awareness of everything that happened around her. Even as her chest rose and fell to the rhythm of natural sleep and her eyes remained closed and still. The things that she could do, were beginning to remind Suriel of the weapons and technology that Orguss used. However, she did it all naturally. She didn't the equip that the soldiers needed. Was that why the Red Fist Rebel General was after her?-- wait a sec...how did she know that? Never had she heard anyone say "Red Fist Rebels" since she had awoken in the cave with her new friend.

Oh god...am I starting to remember?...She, in her resting state, became frightened. More and more, Suriel was beginning to acknowledge the fact that she could very well be the enemy and that was the very last thing she wanted at that point.

Orguss took the opportunity of peace and tranquility to do a few of the normal things. The things he would have done if there wasn't a war going on, like taking off his armored suit and getting a meal. Due to the rather desolate location of the outpost, rations were slim. However, warm food was still many times better than any packaged processed food he had to eat while out of the field.

He hoped that Suriel was getting some well-needed rest right now, as he spent his time walking up and down the halls for a little while. A few scouting and newly recruited solders joked with each other about the number of kills them obtained. The older soldier merely scoffed before looking away, and in ways saw himself in their image. At one point he was just as young and naive as them, eager to serve and care for his country.

And then the Rebellion started.

Since then it had been nothing but war and bloodshed. It scarred Orguss in ways. Of course he'd like nothing more than to leave the war forever... But he didn't have that option. Instead he was forced to live here every day and fight endless zealots ready to die for their cause. This was the sort of fighting he would have never liked to do... The last thing Orguss would ever want is to fight with the people he was once previously defending.

He sighed heavily and worked his way back to the infirmary. He would check to see if Suriel was resting. He certainly hoped so, to ensure the girl would be at least be able to rest in her thought...

The female Red Fist Rebel General sighed as she came into the temporary Rebel encampment that had been set up a good distance from the Federation outpost. When they had retreated from their raid upon the enemy, they had been ordered to stake out the opponent's stronghold and thus, this is what they were here for. Moving to her temporary tent, she sat down on the cot and picked up the com sitting beside the pillow. She placed it in her ear and hit the button.

A male voice came through after a moment's static. "General. Did you find the girl?"

"I did, Admiral."

"What's her status?"

The woman hesitated a moment. "She...is altered, to say the least."

"Please elaborate, General."

"It is my belief that she does not know who or what she is. And she calls herself Suriel, now."

"Is that so?...Well, regardless, collect her and bring her back at the first oppurtunity. We can't have the Federation knowing they have our ultimate weapon."

"Yessir. General out." She clicked the com off and sighed, before leaving the tent to inform her men of their orders.

~~

Suriel was having that dream again - that grave, that man, names that were somehow locked from her hearing. It was almost a whisper or torture, hinting at who she really was, but not letting her obtain it. As much as she wished to grasp it, she also wanted to run in the opposite direction. There was a faint sound of footsteps in her subconscious and vaguely, she realized someone was heading towards her.

She waited until the body moved into the room to allow her eyes to slowly open, a soft smile tinging her lips when she saw who it was. "Orguss..."

The room was silent aside from the gentle breathing coming from Suriel. Even without his armor on, he could pick up on the faint sound. His eyes wandered over the girl for a moment. He was sure there were hundreds if not thousands of girls just like her who were involved in this war... It was a shame that the youth of the world was pulled into conflict. Even when he himself first joined the army for the fight against the rebels, was still a young soldier. It was terrifying how war aged him quickly it seemed...

As the girl stirred when he came closer, he did his best to try and return the smile. Unfortunately it was incredibly awkward looking. To say the least his face hadn't tilted its muscles in that direction in a number of years. What with little reason to. He sat on the same stool from before, and looked over her. "How are you doing Suriel, feeling better?"

<I got all excited that I got caught up and then you posted. Hehe. Sneaky pet~ *cuddles*>

Suriel could tell that the smile was awkward. In truth, she was feeling a bit awkward herself, because of the knowledge she seemed to be regaining and the odd dreams she seemed to be having. "I am feeling a little better," she admitted softly, relaxing back onto the bed. "There are some things I would like to ask of you though..." she said, seeming to bite on her lip nervously for a moment. "Is that alright?" she asked, tucking her hair back from her face so that her brightly hued emerald eyes could see him without the hinderance of the raven strands.

< Hehe. x3 >

Orguss gave a soft nod as the girl seemed to relax a bit when he approached, "That's good... I was worried when you first fell." His eyes wandered over her. She seemed completely normal, just like any other girl. Surely there wasn't any reason for anyone to want this girl, was there? For a moment he seemed to be in a daze and gazed off. When her voice finally reached him, he blinked and looked over at her. Softly he nodded his head, "Of course. What did you want to know?"

Suriel smiled again and stretched her arms, her raven hair sliding to part - half in front of her shoulders, the rest spilling down her slim back. After a moment, she leaned back with a small sigh. "Yeah, there is no need to worry, I think I'm alright," she somewhat half-heartedly. "What I wanted to ask you..." she paused and bit her lip for a moment. "I know that you have not told me the name of the rebels...but I know they are called The Red Fist Rebels...and that woman, her name is General Insignia...isn't it?" Any soldier would have general knowledge of the general and of course they knew the rebels name. The question was, how did she know?

Back
Top Bottom