Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

A father's Enduring love

Nathan was just finishing the eggs when Shilo came downstairs. He paused mid-flip when she kissed his cheek and he tried to force the more normal smile he could manage onto his face. "Sleep well?" he asked as he plated up their food. He set one of them down in front of her, noticing the pink hue to her normally pale skin. "Are you alright?" he asked, reaching over to feel her forehead for a fever. She felt normal, maybe just a little warm. He sat down across from her and watched her, his eyebrows pulling together in worry.

He didn't eat much of his own breakfast, but it was for an entirely different reason. He still couldn't let go of what happened this morning, couldn't shake the feel of his daughter pressed against him. Nathan looked down at his food, trying to calm himself as he felt his cock harden slightly. "How long did you say you've been feeling this sick?" he asked, trying to divert his thoughts to something other than her body.

Shilo couldn't stomach her food for an entirely different reason. Pancakes and eggs were normally her favorite food and didn't stay on her plate for long, now all she seemed to do was poke at her food with a fork, playing with it in hopes that if she arranged it differently, it would look more tempting. "I slept better then I can remember for a long time. Thanks for staying..." She really had no clue that her hazy dream had been reality. She might have been shocked and appalled at their behavior as well if she'd woken up sooner. Shilo frowned as his hand brushed her forehead, scrunching up her nose as he checked her temperature. At least he didn't get out the thermometer. "I'm fine Dad." She pushed his hand away and forced herself to take a bite out of an egg to prove her point. She had a hard time finding the strengh to swallow it though, afraid it would lead to another rush to the bathroom.

"Huh? Oh...I'm not sure." She had to think back a little ways to remember when the morning sickness had started. It was right around the time Graverobber had started acting a little distant and odd. "I think it was a week ago today, could be a little more or a little less." She was used to describing her symptoms to her father.

He watched her pick and prod her food, then smiled lightly when she took a bite. That was his Shilo, stubborn as ever. "A week?" he repeated. "Has it gotten better, at least?" He hadn't wrapped his mind around certain possibilities because he couldn't imagine his little girl in bed (or whatever it was) with some creep of a man who stole drugs from the dead. It made him even more ill than the idea that he didn't want to imagine it because he wanted to be the man she was in bed with.

As they were talking, Nathan's wrist communicator came on. He frowned at it, covering with his hand like he normally did when his daughter was near. He claimed, when she asked years ago, that it was to protect doctor-patient confidentiality. "I guess that's my cue," he said as he stood up, setting his napkin down over his plate. "You'll be okay here alone, right? And you'll call if you need anything?"

Shilo shrugged her shoulders "It comes and goes...sometimes I'm fine and sometimes I'm not. I thought it was just from eating that awful takeout food, but it seems more like an annoying bug." She continued to poke at her food after that. Finally she gave up and pushed the plate aside just as her father's wrist commincator went off. She glanced over at his wrist in interest, but he covered it up as usual. "I'll be fine. I think I'm going to watch some television and move around some stuff in my room." She stood and wrapped her arms around him before he left, surpressing the feeling that his body felt so very good against her own. "You go to work Dad. Your patients need you." Oh she had no idea the kind of doctoring he really did. She thought he saved lives, not ended them.

Once her father was out of the house she went up to her room and began to throw out the numerous stuff animals which lined her walls. She hated how they mocked her. No childish innocence left in that room except for them. The only one she couldn't bring herself to throw out was a rather tattered pink rabbit plushie. She had been attached to it ever since she was a toddler. Shilo curled up on her bed with the plushie and fell asleep, with her skirt riding up her thighs.

"We'll figure it out," he said with a nod. He wrapped his arms around Shilo, ignoring the way he wanted to hold her even longer than he should. He placed a kiss on the top of her head. "Don't over-do it." He brushed the back of his hand gently against her cheek before waiting for her to go upstairs. Once she was out of sight and he was sure she wouldn't hear, he pulled the fireplace open and walked inside. It was a regular job, nothing special; a girl hadn't paid for her breast implants and her liver, so he took them both back to Rotti. He found out while at GeneCo that she was three weeks pregnant.

He went back home and went through the normal, after-repossession cleansing, trying to ignore the guilt he always felt afterwards. He washed himself off, too, and then went back into the house. Before going upstairs, Nathan made some lunch and filled another glass with water. He walked upstairs and knocked gently on Shilo's door before walking in. Seeing her on her stomach, sleeping with her plushie, made him pause. His eyes glanced over her and landed on the exposed flesh of her thighs. He felt his blood run a little hotter than normal and he let out a breath before walking over and setting the glass down. "Shi," he said softly, shaking her shoulder gently. "I brought up some lunch for you." His eyes strayed, once again, to the bare flesh and he fought the desire to touch it.

Shilo curled into a smaller ball as she felt a hand on her shoulder before opening her eyes and stretching. She took up less then half of her bed, which used to be littered with stuffed animals, now was surprisingly empty save for the pink bunny plushie. She shoved the plushie away as she saw her father, her cheeks a bit pink at being caught cuddling her childhood friend. This time she was able to hold down lunch, eating happily and with gusto. She didn't even get sick afterwards, proving the point that this sickness came and went, or perhaps she was on the mend. Her wrist communicator beeped the usual medication reminder. She took her medicine with a glass of cold water curled her arms around her father's neck, pressing the soft curves of her chest to his because she craved the contact. Ofcourse, she didn't hold him there for long. before yawning and glancing at the clock. "That was quick. Did you help your patient already?"

It was surprising how naive she could be. This was her father, she would never suspect him of being the feared repoman. In her eyes, her dad couldn't harm a fly, let alone kill. He was a doctor, docotrs saved lives. Sometimes she could swear she smelled blood on him somewhere, but chopped it up to operating on a patient.

Nathan smiled as she pushed the stuffed animal away, then sat and watched as she ate lunch. Maybe it was some weird, fleeting bug. He hugged her back and tried his best to ignore the way she smelled, so fresh and young. It was nearly intoxicating. He was relieved when she pulled away because he wasn't too sure if he'd been able. "Yeah," he nodded to the question, "it was a simple surgery." He'd done liver removals more often than he cared to admit. He glanced at the clock as well and noted her yawn. "How long have you been napping?" he asked. If she slept all night and then napped and was still tired, maybe it wasn't just a stomach bug.

He reached over and brushed a crumb from the corner of her lips, trying his best to not let his finger linger there. He smiled at her, trying to play it off as some fatherly thing, not just an excuse to touch her again. He had never really thought this way before, so he wasn't exactly sure what changed. Not that it mattered; he didn't like feeling this way no matter what.

Shilo slid closer to him, while still lieing down on the bed. "It took me an hour to move things around, but I got so tired afterwards I had to nap. Why are you asking? Isn't it good that I'm sleeping so much? It problably means my body is fighting off whatever bug is in my system." She propped herself up against a pillow at the headboard of her bed, yawning into her hand once again. It was so warm in her room, she was getting sleepy all over again. "Did you want to do something? Since it's my first day back...." She offered, her mind wandering to the kinds of things she'd like to do to her father, with her father. Graverobber was problably right, she was a slut. No, no this was different. She cared for her father, the man who had taken care of her all by himself for seventeen years, the man who had always been there for her and always would. It didn't feel like a simple lusting.

She smiled as his hand brushed her lips, just slightly, barely able to restrain herself from licking his fingers. Her eyes mirrored his. Something had indeed changed. Something had been twisted or perhaps the blindfold had been lifted.

Nathan shrugged somewhat. "I guess that's it. I'm just worried is all," he said. He noticed the way she yawned again and smiled, laughing softly. "We'll save the activities until you're feeling better," he said. "Just sleep, fight that bug off." When she looked at him, his thumb paused over her lower lip. He could see something there, something he hadn't seen looking back at him in far too long. He let out a shaky breath and lowered his hand, looking down at Shilo's bedspread. "I should let you rest," he said softly. If he wasn't just imaging the lust lurking in her eyes, then they had many more problems to deal with than he originally thought.

He stood up after a moment, glancing towards her trashcan. "Why did you throw these all away?" he asked, picking up one of the stuffed animals. "You love these." He turned to face her again, realizing (possibly for the first time in far too many years) that she had grown up. Sure, part of it was the fact that he knew she'd done things he hadn't even done out on the streets, but it wasn't just that.

Shilo could have sworn she saw it too. That yearning in his eyes which matched her own. If it was true and she wasn't making this up, then it helped her feel like less of a monster slut. Her petal soft lips trembled noticably under his touch and she licked her lips after his thumb left her mouth, just wetting them ofcourse. "Yeah, I guess I should get my rest." She glanced away from him as he rooted through her trashcan. She didn't want those stuffed animals anymore, but how to explain it? "Daaad." She whined as he picked up a teddy bear, snatching it from him and shoving it back into the trashcan. "I haven't played with those in years. They're just collecting dust...." She hid her stuffed rabbit behind her back childishly. She couldn't throw away that one. Not Mr. BunBun.

"Put them in the attic if you don't want them thrown out, with the rest of my baby toys."

Nathan watched her grab the bear and shove it back into the trash. "No, Shi, if you don't want them anymore, we won't keep them." He noticed her hiding the bunny, but didn't comment; she'd loved that thing since she was very young. "Do you need anything?" he asked as he reached over, pulling her blanket back up over her. He reached for her water glass from the night before, moving the new one into its place.

(Wow, short post. =/ )

Shilo gradually relaxed into her bed once again, smiling as her father pulled the covers up around her and tucked her in. No matter how old she became, some things would never change. "No. I'm fine dad." She closed her eyes and curledher body around an extra pillow, nuzzling the pillowcase as it still contained some of her father's scent from the night before. She fell into a deep sleep and even slept the night away. When she came down in the morning, she took one whiff of breakfast and had to race back up the stairs. She threw up again. Damn, this was one tough bug. She knew he father was coming up after her so she locked the door to the bathroom. She just needed a few minutes to breath and calm down.

A few minutes later she opened the door, looking paler. Shilo trembled, took a step towards her father before her world began to spin. She swayed unsteadily for a moment before passing out. Her body fell forward.

Nathan nodded and walked out of the room, shutting the door behind him. He checked on her a few times throughout the day, surprised at how much she was sleeping. He got called out a few times and, each time he came back, she was still sleeping. He went to bed late that night and got up before Shilo. He made the same breakfast that they always had and, when he heard Shilo come downstairs, he turned to say good morning. She ran off before he had the chance, though, and he followed her upstairs. He tried the knob and knocked on the door, but waited until she came out.

"Shilo? Are you-" he saw her sway and caught her before she collapsed completely. Just like when he found her on their doorstep, he carried her back to her bed. Laying her down gently, he decided to lie with her again just in case she woke up feeling worse. He watched her sleep, gently running his fingertips over her cheekbone. He leaned over at one point, eyes closed, and kissed her forehead, his mind spinning with possibilities as to what this bug was.

Shilo dreamed that she was floating in a warm, dark place. For a few moments she could swear she heard a familar female voice, her mother. She couldn't make out what the voice was saying, but for some reason it put her at ease. She slept like the dead in her father's embrace, stirring only a few hours later. Even after her eyes opened she felt tired and curled closer to Nathan. "Mmm...dad?" She murmured, sound half-asleep. She wondered briefly if she had picked up something worse then a bug on the streets. There were all kinds of diseases and cancers out there that could cause organ failures and much much worse. "Is there something seriously wrong with me?" It would be just her luck to get something worse then a blood disease.

Nathan's arms wrapped around Shilo when she woke up, his lips brushing over her temple. "I'm not sure, Shi," he said softly. "But we'll figure it out and get you better." He rubbed his hand in slow circles on her back, trying to think of ways to make her feel better. "To figure it out, though," his voice was rougher now, "I need to know more about the past month. Things you ate, where you stayed." He paused, his eyes closing as he took a breath. "People you were with. You don't have to tell me right now, but the sooner the better." He kissed her temple again, hoping she wasn't overly worried; no matter what it was, he would go to the ends of the earth to make sure she got healthy again.

Shilo wasn't sure she was ready to tell him everything. So she decided to be as vague as possible. It was uncomfortable enough to discuss sex, but with her own father? Noooope. "I told you, I mostly ate takeout. It's not like I was starving or anything, I just ate less and I guess my stomach got used to less. As for where I stayed, we moved around a lot. Sometimes Graverobber got us a room at a hotel,but most of the time we slept in empty...." she mumbled the last word, hoping if he didn't hear it, he wouldn't be upset. "...dumpsters..." She lowered her gaze "We were in the cemetary pretty often too, but I've been there before." She took a deep breath. Now came the hard part. "I only had sex with Graverobber." She shifted uncomfortably, hoping he wouldn't freak out. "I thought he loved me.....but I guess he didn't."

Nathan listened silently, trying to be as understanding and calm as possible. The idea of his daughter, his only reason for living, sleeping in a dumpster or the cemetery. When GraveRobber was mentioned, though, his jaw tightened and he looked away from her. His hand paused on her back and he fought nausea. After a moment, he nodded slightly. "Okay then," he said softly. He tried to block out the images that filtered into his head, but they just wouldn't stop. Instead, he kissed the top of her Shilo's head and pulled her closer to him. He'd chain her to the bed before even giving her the smallest chance to leave. "I can do some research later, see if there's anything going around." It was highly unlikely he'd find anything; it's not like Zydrate whores and GraveRobber got themselves checked. "What other symptoms do you have?"

Shilo thought he was going to push her away and scold her and somehow she did feel ashamed of her behavior. It wasn't like she'd gone completely wild. She'd been in love, what she'd thought was love. He surprised her by pulling her closer and brushing his lips against her forehead. Her body became less tense after that. Her father wasn't mad or disgusted with her afterall. "I'm sorry dad...." She whispered again, teardrops beginning to fall. She pressed her face to his chest again, hiding her tears, only glancing up when he asked for other symptoms. "No. Nothing else...except my breasts are sort of tender sometimes lately,but I just think it's my period coming on."

Nathan noticed the tears on her cheeks when she looked up at him and he moved his hand to her face, brushing them away with his thumb. He nodded somewhat to what she said, his hand lingering around her jawline. "Let me know if you think of anything else," he said softly, "anything will help." He had an idea in his head already, but he chose to ignore it; his little Shilo, not even eighteen yet, couldn't possibly be pregnant. The idea was too much for him to handle, especially if she were pregnant with GraveRobber's child. "I know it hurts," he said, brushing his fingers over her chest right above her heart, "but it'll get easier soon. I promise you it will." His heart still ached for Marni, every day, but eventually it did get slightly more bearable.

Shilo gazed into her father's eyes as his hand stroked along her jaw. He was so different from Graverobber and it was only through the trial and hardship of her time on the streets that she now saw her father as the better man. "If I had just listened to you and stayed inside..." She seemed genuinely regretful of her adventure. She knew she must have caused her father to be distraught with worry over her. She curled her small fingers around his hand and brought it to her mouth, kissing his palm tenderly, her eyes never leaving his. "I don't want to go outside anymore. I want to stay here, away from the chaos out there." Her father's house stood as a resolute fort, sheltering her from the perversity and cruelty of the city around them. Her hand swept over his face, tracing the thin lines of worry around his forehead. No wonder her father seemed so worn thin by the world around him. It was enough to make anyone feel old.

Her heart raced under his hand, his warm touch over her chest startling her for a second. His words stirred tears to her eyes once again. She'd been a foolish child to think that a complete stranger loved her more then her father. "I don't even know what I did to make him leave.....or if he even needed a reason to leave me." She said sadly, her hand covering the one he had placed over her heart while her other hand mirrored him by resting over his chest, just above his heart.

"You're back now," he said, his voice bordering a whisper. The moment felt too intimate to him, but it also filled his body with warmth. "That's all that matters, Shi." The feel of her soft, small lips against his palm sent way too many long-forgotten feelings through his body and he fought to keep himself under control. He leaned forward slightly, kissing the bridge of her nose before laying back the way he had been. To even think of the things that GraveRobber had done to her, with her lying there so sweetly, made him sick to his stomach still. But, if he was honest with himself, he was a little jealous; he was her first.

He took hold of the hand she pressed to his chest, pressing it closer as his heart raced as well. He hoped that she wouldn't notice, but he noticed the way hers responded. If he wasn't careful, they would be jumping into very unknown territory soon; he wasn't sure how much longer he could lay there next to her and not kiss her. "I don't think it was anything you did," he said, his voice a little harsher. There was nothing she could to do him that would make him want to leave; maybe that was the main difference between him and GraveRobber.

Shilo felt warm and secure with her father so close, feeling his heart beating beneath her fingertips reassured her. It startled her to think that the same blood which flowed through his veins, raced through her own. He had always told her how much she looked like her mother, but never really mentioned what parts of himself were instilled in her genetics. She didn't think she was a complete copy of her mother, infact she rarely thought of Marni at all. Her father had always been the center of her life, for as far back as she could remember. She noticed his harsher tone of voice when she brought of Graverobber and chose to fall silent instead of pursuing the subject. She didn't want to make him angry or upset. It was problably best that she didn't bring up Graverobber anymore. It would be best to just forget about him. Lieing here beside her father, she realized that her heart didn't heart as much. Even his mere presence served as a soothing balm for her wounded heart.

They had both been wounded in love. Her father had managed to go on, directing his attentions to the daughter who needed him so much. Shilo decided she would move on as well and not dwell on her time spent outside the house. She shifted closer to him, her fingertips refusing to budge from their place over his chest. She didn't know why, but she felt this strange urge to kiss her father. Not a chaste kiss like she usually gave him though. She turned her head towards him, unconsciously wetting her suddenly dry lips.

Nathan's eyes, which had drifted away from her face, looked back when he felt her moving closer. He watched the way she wet her lips, his heart skipping a beat and racing faster at the same time. Unsure what came over him (maybe the way she looked like Marni while licking his lips, or the seventeen years spent alone finally crashing down on him), he reached over and curled his fingers around the base of Shilo's head. Without a second thought, he pressed his lips to hers a little harder than he had really intended, his eyes closing as his body arched closer to hers.

He knew, somewhere in the back of his mind, that this was wrong. He shouldn't be kissing his daughter like this, like he was starving for the taste of her, but he couldn't help it. His body ached for her, his fingers wanting to explore every inch of her skin and claim it as his own, wash way the memories of GraveRobber that he body had with kisses of his own. His other hand, still keeping her hand over his chest, gripped it a little tighter as though he were afraid she would run away from him. Which, truth be told, part of him wished for.

Shilo barely managed to breath as her father's face neared her own. She knew was going to happen, but didn't dare to believe it. Nathan wanted to kiss her....it seemed surreal. She had to suppress a moan as she felt warm lips descend on her. This was nothing sweet and chaste, far from it. At the same time her father was nothing like Graverobber either. The stench of death which usually clung to her previous lover was suddenly gone from her memory, replaced by her father's intoxicating cologne. Suddenly, she was no longer sure of herself, responding timidly to his kiss, asif afraid she would disgust him by being too ardent. Her lips parted slowly, inviting Nathan to deepen the kiss even as she sighed and pressed her body up against his with vigor. Her free hand reaching up to grip his shoulders, needing something to hold onto as her senses were swept away by his kiss.

She knew he would be guilty when he pulled away. Shilo didn't want this intimate moment to turn into something shameful and embarassing so she used her free hand to yank his mouth back to hers, stealing a second and much more ardent kiss from her loving father. Her tongue swept across his lower lip, enticing him to further heights of arousal.

A groan came from the back of Nathan's throat, his body suddenly overwhelmed with desire. The feel of her lips parting and the taste of her as he brushed the tip of his tongue along her upper lip drove him mad; how had GraveRobber given up someone so sweet, so exciting? He had pulled away a little bit, was going to whisper her name against her lips but she pulled him back and he felt all of his self-control snap. Feeling her tongue on his lower lip, Nathan groaned louder and moved so that she was on her back, his body moving so it was on top of hers.

His teeth caught Shilo's bottom lip and tugged gently, his hand letting go of hers in favour of exploring her curves. His fingers danced along her side until they curled around her hip, gripping it as he let his tongue slip into her mouth, exploring it gently. The hard bulge in his pants pressed against her thigh as he kissed her deeply, getting lost in the feel of her beneath him. It was too surreal to be happening; his mind refused to wrap itself around the idea that he was there, in his daughter's bedroom, kissing her and nearly grinding against her. It had to be some sick dream, he would never do this to his little Shilo.

Back
Top Bottom