Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Welcome To Hell On Earth (Myself & LunarDysis)

He turned the key in the ignition and smoke billowed out of the old truck, the engine roared as he pulled out of the garage and drove off towards Moscow. Alexi was watching him through the window until he was out of sight.

Alexi turned to look a Naomi, "He think highly of you", her accent made it even harder to understand, she smiled and sat at the table with her son to play a game of chess. The boy sat very still, he was clearly used to playing chess.

The door shut behind her and she looked over to Alexi and she sighed softly, "Yeah.." She said with a soft frown. Her fingers gliding up to grasp the dog tags as she watched the truck turn into a small dot on the horizon and disappear. Turning, she saw Alexi and her son, slowly walking past them and back outside. Sitting down on the ground and leaning up against the side of the house, her eyes closed softly.

She was safe here with Alexi.. for now.

Alexi was about to make a move when she noticed her son staring at the window, she half turned and froze, she could see what was about to happen, already she could see half of an APC, "Naomi!", she called and got up trying to act natural, "Peter", she motioned for the boy to follow but in her hurry didn't noticed him walk out the front door instead.

Hearing her name called she glanced up and then over to see her son, Pete stepping out of the front door beside her. She stood up slowly and peered over to the left before she breathed in softly, her throat almost closing up. To see now not half but a full APC and she stepped back, "Peter.." She said softly as it neared slowly. "Alexi!" She moved to the front door and ripped it open, managing to push Peter back a bit towards it.

Alexi had practically sprinted through the basement door, down there she quickly opened a large trunk and pulled out a pistol and a shotgun, she then grabbed her old jacket from the last time they drove GMC from this town. She walked to the double hatch and blew the lock off, the force of the shot was enough to blast apart one of the wooden doors.

She growled a bit as Peter just stood there, grasping his arm she now pulled him into the house and grabbed the door shutting it. "Go!" She yelled, not sure if he'd understand but enough to go down to the basement where Alexi was. And holt said she'd be safe here? She knew she wouldn't, she moved over to the window as she could see the men, hearing the gunshots and the screams. Her heart pounded and she turned to find Alexi.

She turned the corner to the front of the house and shrieked at them in Russian, she had the pistol in her right hand now, she fired once before ducking behind the house again, she had almost missed but unknown to the GMC mercs, she had hit the power line for the house. She waited for any of them to try coming round to get her, the cable had landed close enough to the door to electrify the door frame and small metal step leading up to it.

She had her son hide in the basement and she turned as she went outside. "Alexi." She said behind her, "Pistol? Guns?" She asked, so she could go get one to help her. She gasped and leaned back as a gun shot was fired, whizzing past them. Running back into the house she glanced around before heading downstairs were she saw them and she breathed in softly, grabbing a nearby pistol, loading it and heading back out.

She heard the shout as one of the mercs tried the front door, she then stepped out around the side and dropping the pistol raised the shotgun, the proceeded to advance and fire driving some of them back and killing a few.

She managed to get back out and by Alexi and she swallowed, the door to the basement locked and she cocked her pistol as she fired. Hitting one of the men in the knee hearing him scream and watching him fall. She grinned cocking it again as she aimed, this time hitting one of them in the head and she gasped surprised that she could at least shoot that well as he fell over dead. She saw a few running past the other side and she turned around and moved to the corner as she leaned over at least taking on the few coming around the other way.

Over the sound of the gunshots and the shouting the roar of the old trucks engine could be heard, "Holt is coming", shouted Alexi, she promptly blew a young man into a bush. The trucks horn sounded and Holt jumped out before it hit the APC and exploded.

He ran over and looked over Alexi several times, ignoring everything else until she screamed at him in russian, he shook his head and grabbed the shotgun off her before turning and raising it in one hand. There was one merc left, he was very young, only about seventeen, "Why are you out here fighting, if the general wanted to kill me he would have done it when I landed, why sent kids to their death?", the young man just stared at him dumbstruck.

But the sound of gunshots, she couldn't hear what Alexi said as she moved around the corner of the house and she gasped, cocking her gun and shooting almost wildly at the three who peered around the house. She managed to kill two of them as the third ran directly at her, pulling the trigger as the bullet pierced his forehead and he fell to the ground. She could hear the gunshots quieting down and she fell to her knees as she leaned against the back of the house. She let the pistol fall to the ground and she breathed in softly, praying that was the last of it.

Holt stepped in front of the young man, "Perhaps you did not hear me, I asked why are you here?", he began to lower the gun but thought better of it.

The man smiled darkly at Holt, "We stole from GMC, I'm an experiment like you, only I'm better", he chuckled and threw himself to the right, there was a boom and a small shock wave.

Holt stumbled backwards and stared at the place where the man had been, "What was that....", he leaned against the side of the house, was there better versions of himself now, why did the general try again, unless they were not from GMC at all.

She felt the shockwave through the back of the house and she stood up before moving around and she breathed in to see Holt. "What was that..?" She asked and shook her head and pushed him, "And what the hell are you doing here, holt?" she asked and saw Alexi as she moved towards her and she closed her eyes, breathing in as she leaned against the wall she hadn't fought as much as Alexi but it took the breath out of her.

He slid to the ground and sat there leaning against the house mumbling to himself about being obsolete. Alexi knelt in front of him and took his face in her hands, she forced him to look her in the eyes and began to speak slowly.

(I'll put it in English to keep you in the loop, but she will be speaking to him in Russian)

"Holt, I remember when we were younger, when you came to this village to intercept a GMC truck, that was it, but you found much more. They tried to exterminate my village, you turned up in time to get the truck, but instead you saved me, you will always be more than any of those other experiments", she smiled and hugged him before walking off quietly to get her son.

She watched this before looking down she stood up, following Alexi into the house. She as well needed to know if Alexi's son was all right, after all he was quite stubborn and hard headed to listen to them. Though seeing him come out quite fine and dandy she sat down at the table in the house by the window where they were only moments before the attack. She looked out of the window at the dead bodies that lay and she breathed in softly.

Holt got to his feet again and hugged Alexi, "I'll be gone tomorrow", he walked back inside and set about draining the house of spirits. Alexi stood close by him the whole time, making sure he didn't out do himself.

Back
Top Bottom