Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Welcome To Hell On Earth (Myself & LunarDysis)

Dark_Times

Star
'The time will come, when the world goes backwards. When that time arrives we may go back so fast that it will seem like an advancement. When those days arrive, adults and children alike will fall asleep to the sound of guns and bombs. Your job, is to make sure they wake up, even if it costs you everything you hold dear to you' - General Rankier Global Mercenary Corps.

That was the first sentence Holt had ever heard, it was what he was meant to hear, seeing as he was the first of a new generation of mercenaries. He was not born, no, he was designed almost created you could say. He knew only how to protect and kill, well that's all the corps thought he knew, fact is Holt began to learn. He discovered emotions, and with that he evolved and became better than the ones who built him, his 'brothers' followed suit and before CMG knew it the whole place came down.

That was ten years ago, and even then the world was becoming chaotic, now Holt was one of the few of his kind left, the rest were just humans, weaker and slower than him. However powerful he may have seem to the others around him, he still bled and needed sleep, he was just tougher. Little did he know, the sealed envelope that arrived for him last night was about to change everything.

Holt was just under 7ft tall, by now he was almost covered in scars and completely bald, he always wore heavily tinted sunglasses to hide his lack of irises. He was heavily built, thick like a tree you could say, but this was how he needed to be, to survive in this new and harsh world.

That little Envelope was about to change this young girls life forever and very soon. Her eyes shot open to the sound of a nearby bomb and she gasped as she crawled out of bed. Standing in her pajamas she exited her room and found her parents in the living room. Her mother turned and gave a soft sigh and smiled, patting the couch cushion beside her. "Everything's alright, dear." Her mother said as she sat down by her. Snuggling up into her, feeling her arm around her shoulder and her mothers comforting lips upon her forehead. Her eyes peered up to her father who was covering up his sorrow with a wide smile.

The girl was known as Naomi. Young, beautiful and born into a rich family. One of the few rich families left alive. Though in her heart she knew that they'd stay together forever, or so she thought. She never knew that this night would be the last night she would see their loving, shining faces. That her life would be brought down to hells level, that she would most possibly want to wake up dying. "Is it ever going to end, mother?" She asked softly, her mother sighing softly. Her father cupping her chin and kissing her forehead. "It'll all be over soon, baby. I promise." He said and kissed his wives cheek.

Noami was young at 16, looking just like her mother. Her hair a light brownish blond, and her eyes a striking blue. One would say it would remind them of the ocean rolling in. She stood tall at 5'9'', she was thin though not as a lot of the kids in the world today were. She wore a simple white t-shirt with a pair of grey sweats. Her eyes closing at each sound of gun shots and bombs going off. Her eyes traveled up as her mother spoke, "We'll be right back darling," She said and stood up with her husband as they entered the kitchen. A few minutes passed and her head turned, now her attention upon the door as she heard the doorbell.

Her gut instinct told her not to, but she never really listened anymore. She stood up slowly and maneuvered her way past her couch and over to the front door in the Foyer'. Unlocking the door slowly she stepped back and opened it up, seeing the tall man. "Can...I help you, Sir?" She asked softly.

Holt looked down at the girl, "Oh...your younger than I thought, I'm sorry", he held out the envelope. He was wearing the most advanced armor available on the black market, if it wasn't for the lack of a face plate on the helmet he would look like a robot. While his hand remained extended with the envelope in it his other hand was resting on the assault rifle slung across his chest. He kept his eyes on everything but the girl, this was not the time to be scaring her.

She took hold of the envelope and looked to him before she opened it up and pulled out the piece of paper, it was her mother hand writing...

"Dear, Naomi,

You're probably wondering why you are receiving a letter from your father and I when we are just a few feet from you. Well we have news for you, darling. We are going to be taken care of. We are...too rich. Which means those men are going to come in here and are going to end us. The man who is giving you the letter will be your Merc who will take care of you and make sure you stay alive. We love you so much, Darling. You'll have a better life after this. I Promise.

Your mother and father.

With love."

She gasped and looked up to the man and she shook her head slowly. "No.." She said and turned her head. "Mother! Father!" She gasped and dropped the letter to the ground as she ran from the Merc and through the house to find them.

He was about to call after her but he had forgotten the child's name, "Wait, It's not safe here, come with me!", he caught her without even raising his pulse, he gripped her arms firmly but he was careful not to injure her. "You can't stay here anymore, we have at most ten minutes to get out of here, unless you want to get to see the guns that you have been listening to for all these years."

She cried out as he grabbed her arms and she squirmed, "No! I have to go to them!" She whimpered, her face soaked in tears as he pulled her back. "Why.." She asked softly as she cried against him. She wiped her face and she slipped her feet into her nearby shoes and she stepped out of her house. Her body was trembling, her bottom lip quivering as she stood beside the Merc and she shook her head, gasping and jumping at the sudden sounds of gun shots and bombs going off nearby.

He pointed to what looked like a bunker on wheels, "OK, when I count to three your to run to the open hatch on the side of that truck, don't stop for anything if you value your life", he was taking a very large gun from its strap on his back. "One....Two....Three!!", he began moving slowly sideways, firing at seemingly random positions.

She stopped, having to shake herself a bit to try and listen to him. Everything happened so suddenly and soon she heard him yell out three and she turned. She began to run from her house, not slowing down like he told her not do. She reached the truck on the other side. She leaned against it and shook her head slowly. She looked down at her necklace and took hold of it in her palm as she waited. A small heart with her parents picture inside of it and she breathed in softly.

He turned and began running towards the truck once she had reached it, this was all routine for him, but at least now he got to see the reaction of a young one to the future techs the mercs had. He was pushed to one side, he kept running till he reached the truck and that's when he felt it, the hot liquid running down his arm, "Hmmm, I've been shot", his tone was bored and it was more of a statement than a plea for help.

She looked to him, "Oh my god," She said and looked to him, though he seemed so calm about it. "My mother taught me how to take care of bullet wounds. Ever since this started.." She said and gasped as a bomb went off nearby and she covered her face a bit. "I.. I can help." She stammered a bit and looked up to him.

He held up a hand to silence her, "Welcome to the world of the Mercenaries", he shut the hatch, sealing them in darkness before the interior lit up suddenly. Instead of windows, the truck had large screens connected to cameras on the outside, and at the back end there was a large supply of weapons and clothes. "Now, I will teach you how to fix a wound, field style", he examined it quickly, "Good its in deep enough for this". He pressed his finger into the wound until he felt the bullet, then he pressed against it and gritted his teeth, it popped out the other side of his arm. "Now, we use a laser pen to burn it closed, we call 'em pens because that's what they look like", he sealed the wound and pressed a cloth soaked in vodka to it. "Perfect", he smiled.

Her mouth shut her tears dried on her face though there were still more coming down her face and she gasped as it came out the other side of his arm. She moved a bit and swallowed as she shook her head and she glanced down as she sighed softly. The only thing running through her mind was the letter, the touch and kisses from her parents and she leaned against the side and she looked down slowly. "Why couldn't I have died with them..?" She asked and looked up to him. "They didn't deserve to die," She gasped and covered her face again.

He gripped her chin and tilted her head so he was looking into her eyes, "Now you listen to me kid, this may be the best advice you'll get around here", he sighed before continuing, "We all deserve life, but its not like we can save everyone, some people die because they are too old, some die because they're weak, others are to strong, and some simply because they have too much money".

He let her go and pounded a fist on the large steel divider between the back section and the front and the truck began to move, "GMC is trying to get rid of anyone and anything that can oppose it, we cant stop that, but we can try and slow it down enough to kill the man who is in charge", he moved to the back and tossed some oldish leather clothes at her, "These should fit, and I don't think you want a gun....yet".

Her hands moved and she gasped as he grabbed her chin and forced her to look up at him. "Because they have too much money? They earned their money." She said and sighed softly as the divider opened and she slowly followed her merc into the room Hearing a few gun shots and bombs going off, she knew that one of those had to be her parents. Though she glanced up and caught the leather clothes and she looked to them.

She looked them over before she turned around, so her back was to him. "No..I'm not a fan of guns. I don't even know how to use one." She said before undressing out of her sweats and tank top as she began to pull the new leather clothes on.

He stopped her when she was just in her underwear and quickly examined her body, "Hmph", he grunted and moved to the far end picking out a small pistol, "You'll need to learn soon, because someday, I wont be there to help when another merc shows up for you". He slipped the pistol into a small holster and slid it onto a belt, "Wear it like mine, trust me it's the easiest way", his pistol was at waist height the the belt going across his chest and over the opposite shoulder.

A voice was heard over a speaker, it was a child's voice, "Holt, we are approaching the complex now, things are gonna get worse before they get better".

Holt sighed and picked up a mic from its cradle on the wall, "Roger, GMC trouble again", he wasn't asking the driver, just saying it for the girls sake.

She got herself fully dressed and she set the holster for the pistol around her waist and shoulder. So when she learned and she needed one she could hold it at he person at all times. She glanced up as she heard the childs voice and she breathed in softly before she moved and she looked over to him. "What's happening now?" She asked a bit worried, were they being tracked down now? Her heart beating faster in her chest as her hand rested on the wall and she breathed in softly as she swallowed.

"GMC is trying to stop us out, they want to be the only group of mercenaries in the world", he chuckled, "Don't know how they will fill all the orders, don't worry I'm sure they are clueless as to your location". He gripped a pipe running along the low ceiling as an explosion rocked the truck, "Might wanna grab something or sit down, this is gonna be bumpy". There was a slight dong noise and then an extremely loud blast, in a split second everything was upside-down, "Shit!", he kicked a crate off his left leg and turned to see was the girl ok.

She glanced over to him and moved to sit down as her hand moved to grasp onto the bar but she gasped and she gave a light cry out as everything was upside down. Having let go of the bar while they were being flipped and she landed roughly on her side. She gave a light cry out and grasped her arm. Having been flung roughly to the side and what was bad was that she wasn't sure what she hit. Her shoulder having a slice upon it as some of her blood trickled down it. She glanced up as she was on her side and looked to him. "I'm fine.." She groaned and moved to push herself up.

He moved slowly in a crouch over to the door and picked up the same gun he had in his hands earlier, "Stay here till I come back ok?", he began pumping a large red handle beside the door. "Press the red button beside this as soon as I'm out, I know the override so I will be the only one who can get in", he was too close to loose out on this now, he always finished the job.

She pushed herself up and sat back down she glanced up and nodded her head, swallowing a she gritted her teeth. Though she leaned over and gasped as she pushed in the red button and the door shut and locked and she leaned back. She glanced up at the sound of guns going off along with bombs and she covered her ears as she looked down.

Once he was out of the truck everything seemed to get louder, he began to look around taking in the size of the attacking force before running to the front of the upturned truck. He stopped dead in his tracks seeing all the blood, no doubt the driver was dead. He grabbed the radio mic, knowing full well the girl would hear it over the intercom, "This is Holt calling Den Garage, I need a tank out here! My driver is dead and I think the cargo is wounded, attacking force is too large for safe individual movement".

The was a hiss of static and the a voice came through, "Holt.....Garage.....overrun....ing....tank....ot....possible".

He threw the mic down and sighed, looks like he was alone for this one, "Lets hope this is the lighter model", he gripped the rail on the roof and began to try and roll the truck. If he wear human this would be impossible, but being a clone made him stronger, he was built to be like that. Gradually the truck began to roll, and then he used its momentum to turn it back over before running to the other side opening the drivers door and climbing in. "Stay calm back there its just me, change of plan we are going north to Russia", he put down the mic and began driving, he was happy the drivers section was cut off from the back, she was too young to need to see this.

Her hand grasped her arm and she gasped though she gave a light cry out as the truck was rolled back over. She grunted out loudly as her body hid the side. Though soon the door was ripped open, her mouth opened to scream though she stopped as she saw the Merc and she shut her mouth. She moved, "To.. to russia?!" She gasped and grabbed onto the front seat as he began to drive and she shook her head.

"Will we be safe there?" She asked and glanced around, ducking a bit as a few bullets were shot at the truck. Hitting the side though only creating a dent in it and she swallowed as they began to leave the city and faster than she could say.

He shrugged, "Safe nowhere, just keep running", he laughed to himself and then began to focus on the drive ahead before speaking again, "Have you ever left your house before?". He leaned to the other side of the cab and flicked a switch, clearly the thing needed to people to drive but earlier one kid had handled just fine, sadly that was not an odd thing these days.

She shook her head slowly as she climbed up front as he pushed the button and she glanced out to the road. "I've never been away from my parents..I mean. Besides when the world was sane. The regular sleep overs and such." She glanced down and sighed softly. "And I've never had to be told that I had to run. While my parents were being killed." She said softly and she turned her head to the side as she sat back, watching the scenery fly bit before looking back to the road.

He chuckled quietly, "It's funny, your so sad when you should be happy, they spent most of their money, to get me...", he sighed, "Just so you could have your life, I really wish I had parents like that, hell I just wish I had parents". He picked up the radio mic again, "This is Six Holt, is anyone out there alive over", he waited and heard only static, "Dead....all dead", he punched the drivers door tearing it from its hinges, "Fuck!", he slammed on the brakes and got out of the truck cursing loudly.

Back
Top Bottom