Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Which canon characters do you have the most fun playing?

Dante from Devil May Cry is confirmed to be some of the most fun I've had with a canon character in a long time. If the series was more popular I'd definitely play him more.

Looking forward to adding Vergil and Nero here in the future!

After finishing No More Heroes 1 and 2 I've been having a blast playing Travis Touchdown and Margaret Moonlight.

Usually, I just write originals, but I'm also a bit of a partner pleaser and sometimes try my hand at canons. Of those I've tried, the ones that I've had a lot of fun writing (though have admittedly gotten a bit burned out on) have been Wolverine, Batman, James Bond, and a handful of MCU dudes (most of the avengers).

I have had a few very AU ideas where I've gotten to write Selina Kyle or Carrie Kelly, too... basically, I'm writing originals or I'm writing comic book-y confident (rightfully confident) heroic types.

Most of the female Soul Calibur cast and most females in Fire Emblem Awakening and Fates. Camilla and Kagero being my favorites. Can play a pretty decent Saizo too, but he a (best) boy.

D. Va and Mei from Overwatch are relatively easy and fun too.

Crap, I like too many and can't single them out.

Maybe this is slightly interesting - I like off-center characters too. The ones that don't get fleshed out much or just appear for a bit, or even get used disposably. Usually because I see a story in there where they have just enough to exist, but I can flesh them out plus work them with the worldbuilding.

master Roshi(dragon ball)
Fred dukes aka the blob (x-men)
I like playing ugly characters with hot women

I'll play any character that allows me to play with the male character I want ;) Unless I dislike her AND cannot put a spin on her.

But I prefer blondes (LOL), and above all pretty and intelligent characters. Or those that could be evolving as such. Can be Sansa Stark, can be Nikita

Honestly, I'm finding I'm having a lot of fun writing Javier from RDR2, but I don't actually know if I'm doing him justice. I feel I am, but as I won't play him for anyone romantically or sexually, just he's one of the gang I feel most comfortable grabbing in a scene where the gang is present, I have no idea.

Oh, same with Sean. I think because I'm basically what would happen if you could merge Javier and Sean. A cynic-masquerading-as-an-optimist-functioning-alcoholic with a quick, vulgar wit who loves to sing.

I really wasn't sure about playing Sett (League of Legends) but the more I play him, the more confident I'm becoming. The man doesn't give a fuck who you are, he's The Boss, and he doesn't take shit from anyone. I don't get an opportunity to play characters like this often and I'm digging it.

When it comes to Canon characters, I mostly roleplay anime characters. I rarely roleplay real-life people. Just to name a couple of my favs now, I enjoy to write for Matt from Death Note and recently I also have been really enjoying roleplaying female (genderbent) Midoriya from My Hero Academia. 😄

Yeah I'd say right now my top two are Tsunade from Naruto and Tifa from FF7. REALLY trying to get Lady Nyx in there from Hades.

Damn, that is definitely good taste! I love to RP against some of the fighting girls you listed as well, such as Cassandra and Sophitia from Soul Calibur. Can be definitely fun to mix different canons in a single universe as well.

Gonna be adding one to the list now, one that I think was there for a while but I forgot to mention. I've added Weiss Schnee from RWBY to the list of characters that I love playing. She wasn't my favorite character at first but she slowly grew into it. Love me a cold and rude character that gets softer as the series goes.

I could also say Jessie from the FF7 Remake (because she has almost no characterization in the original), I love that thirsty girl but I also love the fact she's a more complicated character than she seems. Also playing her against Cloud leads to interesting questions! They are both acting, in a sense.

Damn, that is definitely good taste! I love to RP against some of the fighting girls you listed as well, such as Cassandra and Sophitia from Soul Calibur. Can be definitely fun to mix different canons in a single universe as well.
Sure is, I do it all the time. Have two or three just like that ongoing. How Tifa and Yoruichi fit in the same universe? Well, they just do. Speaking of, Yoruichi is very fun to play, and mage types. Namely, Lulu from FFX, Merlin from Seven Deadly Sins and Tharja from Fire Emblem Awakening. If she is a fighting game character, I will most likely play her.

Sure is, I do it all the time. Have two or three just like that ongoing. How Tifa and Yoruichi fit in the same universe? Well, they just do. Speaking of, Yoruichi is very fun to play, and mage types. Namely, Lulu from FFX, Merlin from Seven Deadly Sins and Tharja from Fire Emblem Awakening. If she is a fighting game character, I will most likely play her.

Haha I need to wait like 2h to finally DM you and try to get something going (I signed up one day ago only). My favorite fighting game girls would be Sophitia, Cassandra, Seong Mina, May (Guilty Gear) and from Final Fantasy I really like... most of them. Tifa, Aerith, Lightning, Yuna, Rikku, Y'Shtola.

Haha I need to wait like 2h to finally DM you and try to get something going (I signed up one day ago only). My favorite fighting game girls would be Sophitia, Cassandra, Seong Mina, May (Guilty Gear) and from Final Fantasy I really like... most of them. Tifa, Aerith, Lightning, Yuna, Rikku, Y'Shtola.
Fighting games have the best waifus if you ask me. RPGs close behind. Or even swapping the positions work.

Lemme add two others, Nico from Devil
May Cry 5, something I've rarely gotten to play here. I just love playing a southern over the top lady. Anything DMC really.

There's also Sypha Belnades from Castlevania, specifically the Netflix version. I just love the angry, sweet, funny scholar type.

WD Gaster from Undertale is a fun one for me but my favourite one must be king Naesala from the fire emblem series. I think he was in rediant dawn on the wii so not many people know him. There is also Yue from the old anime Cardcaptors I enjoy roleplaying as.

I'm playing as Byleth from Fire Emblem currently! Pretty new to RP so it's my only character for now. I don't really use the canon stuff unless the other person has a Fire emblem character as well.

I actually rp as canon characters fairly often, I have my own OCs of course but often times I find it really fun to just take a character I know and walk in their shoes. That said my list isn't too complex I think.

Kasumi from DOA, and I've been getting into Honoka a bit too though I have some different takes on Honoka.
Kan'u from Ikki Tousen
Artoria from Fate, though I prefer her Lancer version. Wouldn't mind trying out characters like Raikou and Bradamante as well, Achilles seems cool too.
Ranma Saotome from Ranma 1/2, one of my favorites actually. Especially love playing his girl side and getting into wild situations.
Terry Bogard from Fatal Fury, sometimes Mai as well.
Kyo from KOF

I'd like to play some Street Fighter females at some point too, we'll see. Maybe Makoto from Blazblue but I know very little about that game series. I'm a big fan of fighting game characters tbh lol.

Sora from Kingdom Hearts. He's a naive little dope with a big heart and while I prefer other male characters in the series way more, this brief little post I did with him has me starting to really like using him.

For me it'd be Sugawara Koushi, Kunimi Akira, or Azumane Asahi from Haikyuu!

I've also got muses from Fire Emblem, Kingdom Hearts, and a handful of other games.

I actually really enjoy writing Canon characters. It's fun to give them a story outside of what's shown to us, or throw them into situations we'd never get to see them in otherwise.

Poppy from League of Legends. Seems like people are averse to playing Yordles in that universe and I can't understand why. They're quirky in their own ways and are far more unique than some of the "cool" characters. I make her funny as fuck I swear.

Yozora from Kingdom Hearts. It was a brief introduction but I could get used to playing him!

Back
Top Bottom