Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

(Dark_Times) It Ends With Fire (Nurse_K)

Elsa's face drained of color when she saw the officer's face. Then when Viper spoke his words, she almost passed out. She aimed the gun and shot, closing her eyes as she did it. Her heart jumped up into her throat and she wanted to turn the gun on herself. She holstered the gun and followed after Viper as quickly as possible, them leaving through a secret passageway.

He dropped a box on the way into the passage and shut the door before Elsa could have seen it properly, "Good work, but you forgot about the witnesses....", he chuckled, "Good thing your not connected to their world anymore". He clicked a button and the passage shook as the box exploded, he had let a few people escape.

She nodded silently, admitting to her mistake about the witnesses. She broke out into a near run once they were outside of the building, almost all protocol fleeing her mind. She slowed down and then came to a stop about a block away, leaning against a building and breathing hard. She glanced over at him and drew up the best smile she could muster, "That was certainly a thrill."

"You really are a killer aren't you Gemini", he was thrilled she had come through, otherwise he would have lost a great person, but there was still something that didn't fit. "I've been getting weird feelings lately, you haven't heard anything about a traitor, have you?".

"A traitor?" she narrowed her eyes and shook her head, "No. As far as I know, everyone is clean." she started walking again, slower this time. She even dropped her hand down by her side so that if he wanted to hold her hand, as he sometimes did when they were alone, he could. She was never offended when he didn't, she knew that their relationship was almost all business. They were only more than that when he said they were, which wasn't often. "Why? You're suspicious?"

Viper nodded, "Yeah, I know it was someone on the roof the other day, that cop had a look of pleading in his eyes, and it was not directed at me", his voice was confused again, "Will you look into it for me?". He was almost still now as he replayed the moment in his head, head memory was like a film, clear and crisp, he would know soon with or without her help.

Crap, crap, crap. Why was he so sharp? Why was he so intelligent? It was so hard for her to keep things away from him. She nodded again, "Yeah Viper, I'll look into it for you." so this meant that she was going to have to taken out either Lee or Benny, the other two who'd been on the roof with them. She'd just have the station do it, she'd see if she could get out tomorrow to do it.

In his mind he was back on the roof, staring down at the officer, he was annoyed that this was the only view he had of the incident. Five times he went over it with nothing turning up, he was about to give up when he saw it, a reflection in the mans eyes, he had found his traitor. "I know who it is", his voice was cold and hard, "Come, I must make an example of this traitor".

She almost breathed a sigh of relief when she saw in his face that he was about to give up. But then it lit up as if he knew the answer. She hoped he was wrong, though he rarely ever was. She turned her own face stone cold and followed him quickly, "Yes, Viper." she said as submissively as she could. She knew he liked it when he had absolute power.

He drew his gun and walked out in front of a police car, "Get out of my car right now!", his usually calm voice became a roar, and his hand was shaking, clearly something had him very angry. The headaches were coming and going in short sharp flashes of pain, each one hit him like a wall but he got into the drivers seat and shot both of the officers, "Come Gemini!".

Oh, crap. She could tell he was having an episode. She ran around to the other side of the cop car, dragged the dead officer out of the passenger seat and jumped in. Thankfully there wasn't any blood, the bullet hadn't exited. She glanced over at him, "Are you okay? You need pills?" she rummaged through her jacket pockets, she usually kept some pills there in case this happened. She pulled out one, "I only have one."

He accelerate, "I think its best if we all just stay nice and quiet now, before someone else gets shot", his voice was almost a whisper, it was even childlike. He was now at his most dangerous, this was his point of mind from when he was only twelve, for comparison he killed his first human at ten.

She slipped the pill back into her pocket and stared ahead at the cars zooming by. She swallowed nervously, completely unable to tell what was going on inside of his mind. She hardly ever saw him like this, but when she did, she knew it wasn't good. She was beginning to think maybe she should drop out and go into witness protection.

He skidded to a stop outside the warehouse and got out, "Come on now, fetch the others from that day", his voice was still in that same state, and he had taken one of the officers pistols, he held his cannon in the right and the other in his left. "I'll be waiting for you", the way he said it sounded like he meant it in a general way but there was a sinister undertone.

She jumped out of the car and ran into the warehouse. She ran up the several flights of stairs and grabbed Benny and Lee. They didn't question her, they just followed. She got back into the cop car and the boys got into the back. She didn't say a word to Viper, knowing he would just go. She swallowed again, almost sure than she was known.

He wheeled the car around and drove towards the large slope leading to the biggest of the storm drains, "I'm going to show you all where I was raised, but pay close attention because there will be a test at the end".

"Yes, boss" they all intoned at almost the exact same time. Elsa especially looked around carefully, trying to make sure that she remembered every single detail so that she wouldn't fail the test. She couldn't fail the test. She had to pass, and then dissapear. She couldn't stay with him anymore, it was getting too dangerous for her.

He drove into the tunnels that led under the city, and kept driving for what must have felt like hours, when he stopped his breathing was slow and his voice level. "Everyone out, line against the wall", he smiled, "Then the tour begins".

Elsa got out of the car with the rest, moving to line up against the broken brick wall. Personally, Elsa hated when Viper was dramatic like this. Why couldn't he just do things normally? If he wanted to take one of them out, why couldn't he just shoot them now? It was his lust for absolute power, she was sure.

He walked over and stood in front of them before drawing the two guns, without a word he raised them and shot both of the men, "I know it was you, but Officer Gabriel, doesn't ring a bell", his face was a cold mask. "Tell me everything, or your dead too, only I'll make it nice and slow".

Her face drained of all color. She opened her mouth to speak, but nothing came out. She blinked a few times and glanced at the dead men on either side of her. "I-I, I don't know what you're talking about." she stammered, her heart thudding at a million miles an hour, "I'm not a cop, Viper."

He thumbed back the hammer on his revolver, "Then why do you seem so scared, hmmm?", he aimed carefully at her forehead, "The truth or you die right here in these drains". He laughed that same laugh he had when the officer was kicked from the roof.

"I'm scared because you're pointing a gun at my forehead!" she nearly shrieked, her eyes turning black with anger. "What the hell is this, Viper? You're going to turn on me for no reason? I'm not a fucking cop!" she was nearly screaming at him, her anger suddenly exploded. She was trying to make it look like she felt genuinely betrayed.

"I saw him looking at you, why would he do that if you were just any old thug", his voice was quiet and calm, it could even be seen as mocking. He holstered his gun, "Lets take a trip to the police station, if your not a cop you'll be arrested on sight and I will get you back later, and if you are, I'll kill you", he smiled casually, "Get in the car".

She breathed a small sigh of relief when he holstered the gun. She went around to the passenger side of the car and got in, raising her eyes to heaven for a quick moment, thankful that he hadn't just shot in her in head. She knew the boys at the station would arrest her, they knew she was undercover. And if they didn't go to her station, any police officer would arrest her. It was unlikely that he'd go to her station anyway.

Back
Top Bottom