Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

(Dark_Times) It Ends With Fire (Nurse_K)

Dark_Times

Star
Viper stood on the roof of the city's newest building, it was still under construction but even still it was the tallest by a long shot. Viper stood at 6ft 3, and his was thin, but contrary to his appearance his strength was frightening, that was thanks to the wonders of his genetic experiments, he had silvery eyes and black hair down to his shoulders though he kept it tied back.

"So, officer", his voice was mocking, "Which one of your buddies is going to get to call this one in hmm?", he laughed, it was a high cruel sound. He turned to face the three people standing behind him, "Watch closely, this is how you teach an old dog new tricks", he dragged the man over to the edge and set him on his knees facing out over the edge. He ignored the mans pleas and spoke again to his henchman, "Actually, scratch that last line, I have a better one, can pigs fly?!". He doubled over in manic laughter after kicking the man in the back sending him soaring out over the street two hundred stories below.

Elsa was an undercover detective working to infaltrate the crime syndicate under Viper. She was known as 'Sheet' here, a dangerous henchmen. She had known this particular mission was going to involve the police, her brethern, but she hadn't thought it would go this far. She knew that Viper never went half way, but she had hoped the policeman would have more control than he had. When Viper kicked the man off of the building Elsa took a step forward, her face draining of all color. "N-!" she began, and then stopped herself.

She stepped back into place, her light honey colored eyes narrowing as she forced her face back into it's old stone facade. She prushed a piece of her dark brown hair back behind her ear and cleared her throat. Elsa was short, only five three, but she was incredibly athletic and strong. "Don't think they can boss," she said with a false grin, "They're too fat."

He went momentarily silent hearing her remark, what looked like confusion flashed across his face, but only for a second like he had forgotten the others were there, then came that chilling laugh again. "I'll see you all back in the warehouse, I'm going to take a little trip and see out friend", he began whistling as he walked over the edge of the roof, thanks to many experiments he was almost impossible to kill, just how he liked it.

"Sure thing," Elsa said and turned around, motioning to the other two henchmen to follow her. They walked briskly to the manual elevator, the gate closing down in front of them. As soon as they hit the bottom Elsa took off down the road, "Gotta go guys, I'll see you back at the place." she nodded to them and waved them off, now full out running down the road. She had to get to the meeting place as soon as she could to tell the Captain what'd happened.

Viper had aimed briefly at the top, organised chaos he liked to call it, and hit his mark, the police car that arrived at the scene of the crime. "Oh well excuse me gents", he said as he stepped of the car, he glanced in the window, "Poor fella's got caught under me, oh well", he waved it of before tossing a manhole cover through a window and vanishing into the sewers. His suit was just a blood red shirt with black pants and jacket, no tie, it showed off his pale skin just as he liked it to.

It started raining just as Elsa got to the police station. She gave her statement and ran out, becoming drenched in the rain. She didn't have a car or anything, she always rode with Viper. She hopped into the subway and rode it until she was about three blocks from 'the place'. She ran the rest of the way, getting inside just before the clock struck three. Viper usually got back to the place at three, she'd just made it. She ran to her room and changed into dry clothes, hoping to make it without causing suspicion.

Viper stopped under the opening in the storm drains near the warehouse, something felt wrong, he shrugged it off and jump out of the drain. He was walking towards the door when it hit him, one of those powerful headaches that would knock any normal person out, he staggered a bit then straightened up. The door slammed off the wall as he came in, "Elsa! Where are you?! I need my pills!", his voice was loud but still gentle, this woman was a special one all right, though there was always something about her he could never guess.

Agh, his pills! Damn damn damn. She pulled her pants up quickly and pulled her shirt on, not bothering to fix its haphazard angle on her body. She threw her hair up into a ponytail and jetted over to the bathroom. She dug through the cabinet until she found his large bottle of pills. "I'm coming, V!" she called, taking a deep breath before striding out into the living room. She smiled at him and tossed him the bottle, "I'll get you a drink," and she skillfully manuvered around him towards the kitchen before he could even motion to hug her or anything. She got him a glass of water, set it on the coffee table, and sat on the far end of one of the couches.

He caught the bottle without a thought and wondered at her appearance, it looked as though she had rushed to get dressed, but why he wondered. He shrugged and placed two pills in his mouth and swallowed them with the water before standing and walking over to the couch to look at her. He was looking at her with a very strange expression, "Did you go anywhere after I left you at the roof?", for once his voice sounded unsure, this was foreign to him and most who knew him.

Her face colored a little bit when he asked her the question, but she shook her head and gave him another smile, "Nowhere but here! I took a shower, you came in just as I was getting out. I had to rush to get dressed." she cocked her head to the side and gave him her best concerned face, "How bad's your headache? You need me to cook you something?" Elsa'd sort of taken on the role of quasi-wife in her time here with Viper. She cleaned, cooked, and took care of him when he needed it. Most of the other henchmen were men, so the job was left to her.

He shook his head, "I'm fine, sorry I doubted you, I should have known you'd come back here", he chuckled and slumped into the couch. He drew his pistol, a custom built one, same caliber as a desert eagle only it was a revolver, ten shot drum. He began spinning it on his index finger and humming a song about chaos.

"It's okay. I know you have to be careful," she said softly, but her body tensed when he drew the pistol out. As a cop she was always tempted to draw her own weapon, but she remembered that she never had one unless he gave it to her. She relaxed her body again, hoping that he hadn't noticed that reaction. She stretched her limbs and yawned. It was the middle of the afternoon and she was already exhausted.

He cast a slight glance her way when she tensed, he would need to look into this soon, "You should get some rest, ok?", he smiled, "Tonight we get to kill another cop, won't it be fun", he smiled.

Ughh. He'd been on a cop killing trip lately. He kept talking and talking about it, but today was the first day he'd actually gone ahead with the plan. She nodded, "Yeah. It'll be great." she stood up and walked towards her room at as quick a pace she could without looking suspicious. She was going to try to think up a reason to get out of the killing tonight. She rolled into her bed, not even bothering to get under the covers.

He lifted himself off the couch and walked over to a desk, on it sat the blueprints for a bank, he had been studying them religiously for the past month. Now things were getting complicated, he felt confused for the first time in his life, and he was not sure if he could trust the woman who he had never doubted before.

She woke up several hours later with a slight headache. She'd dreamt about seeing that cop get shoved over the edge of the building over and over again. She sat up and stretched, shuffling over to the bathroom to get ready. She always had to look good when they went out, in case she needed to step in and be a diversion. She brushed her hair, changed her clothes, and put make up on. Then she went to find Viper, finally seeing him at his desk. She walked up next to him and glanced down at the blueprints, "Hey."

He was staring at the page and he tapped a certain point with his gun, "Do you know what is there?", his voice gave away nothing, it was just a simple question to anyone but him, to him it was a test, "And don't say you don't know, tell me what is there".

She looked down at the point he was touching with his gun. "That's the knock off point, boss." she said matter of factly, completely back in her devoted henchmen mode. "Well, technically it's the blind spot in the eastern wing of the bank where the cop won't see you while you're waiting for him." She glanced up at him, her eyes searching his for a moment. "You okay? You seem stressed." he was never uptight before a mission.

"Wrong", he smiled and held out a pistol, "It's where you'll be waiting for him, do this and you'll get a weapon of your own", this was how he would know, this would end the confusion. He stood up and slid his gun into its holster, "Take it and lets go".

Her eyes grew wide when he spoke and held the gun out to her. She took it and stared at it for a moment, "Viper...are you sure you want to trust me with this? I mean, it's a big hit." she tried to sound awestruck and honored, and yet nervous. Any fairly new henchmen would sound those things.

"A test, if you pull it off, then your officially one of us, and you will be known as Gemini, and if you fail to fire then.....", he ripped out his gun and blew a hole in the wall. "Not so lucky...", his smile was cruel and sadistic, "Understand?".

She jumped when he yanked out his gun and shot the wall. She nodded quickly, "I understand." she swallowed once, she was extremely nervous now. She'd been told by her captain that she could do anything she would need to while under cover...but she didn't think he had thought that it would include killing a fellow officer. Gemini? Two faces. She would have two faces if she did this.

He holstered the gun and started towards the door, grabbing his hat and pulling the rim down to hide his face, "You are to shoot when I greet our friend", his smile was hidden now, he had picked the officer carefully, this one would not go unnoticed, a father of two and a loving husband, not far from Vipers old life.

She followed him, pulling on her jacket as they got out the door. She followed him the entire way, her heart beating faster the closer they got to the bank. When they entered she moved like she was doing to the bathroom, which was just down the hall of the hidden corner. She stood in the corner and drew the pistol, holding it up and waiting. She couldn't believe that she was going to do this. But if she didn't...her cover would be blown and he would kill her.

Viper walked past her, and then turned to head back the other direction, he almost walked into the cop to make sure his face was visible, "Hello Officer, I'll give your regards to your wife and kids". He then glanced at Elsa and nodded slightly before resting a hand on his gun as he walked by.

Back
Top Bottom