Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Bonding Over A Common Enemy (eric x Madis)

eric

Hey, Lois! I'm a shiny!
UV36RKc.png

Eric was a 26-year old Pokemon Trainer, tracking down a horde of Rocket Grunts on Chrono Island, one of the Sevii Islands near Kanto. Five Rocket grunts were stalking a beautiful, dark-skinned female Trainer.
Eric saw the pursuit from above, flying on his Corviknight.
"Corviknight, I think they're about to ambush someone. We should get a closer look."
The large armored raven nodded and squawked, understanding its Trainer's request.
Corviknight flew down to the ground.
"Thank you, Corviknight. Return." Eric sent the bird back into its Pokeball. "Now let's see.... Should I use Pyroar, Haxorus, Golisopod, or Banette?"
Then, a Pokeball on Eric's belt popped open on its own. It was Eric's Cubone, whom he adopted after its mother was killed by Team Rocket. Eric's girlfriend Peggy shared that same tragic fate that very day.

"Cubone, I don't think you're ready to take on this many grunts." Eric told the Lonely Pokemon. "But I understand. You want revenge, just like me.... Wait... WHAT?!"
Cubone began glowing. It was evolving into Marowak. Marowak let out a mighty bellow.
"Alright, Cubo--- I mean Marowak! Now.... We're ready! But remember... Follow my lead." Eric said, ecstatic his Cubone evolved.

One of the five Rocket grunts noticed Eric and Marowak for a second. "Did you guys hear something?"

Marowak then instinctively used Bonemerang on that Grunt, knocking him unconscious.

"Marowak. You're not supposed to attack humans. Let's not stoop to their level, okay?." Eric reprimanded his Pokemon.

"Dude! What the FUCK was that?" The second grunt shouted.

Eric then realized he's been spotted. One of the Grunts ran towards him. Eric then darted towards the grunt and punched him in the stomach... Hard.

"Two down, three to go. Maybe we'll find that backstabbing prick, Mordred." Eric smirked.

The grunt who got punched, writhed in pain. "I think that's... Savage-Heart... Of the International Police..... You three gotta get the fuck outta here! Don't let him find the warehouse."
The other three ran like hell in the opposite direction.
Eric opened up his backpack, pulled out his X-Transceiver.
"This is Savage-Heart to Anabel. I'm about to arrest two Rocket Grunts on Chrono Island." Eric left a message.
"Savage-Heart, you're disobeying orders. I specifically told you NOT to go to Chrono Island.' Anabel replied.
"Look. I know EXACTLY what you're thinking, but.... These grunts were trying to attack an innocent Trainer! Hold on.... I recognize this Grunt." Eric said. "I remember him, he was one of the grunts who I encountered that fateful day..."
"Savage-Heart. Don't make me demerit you!" Anabel, Eric's boss, threatened.
"I'm sorry. But now it's personal!" Eric said, grabbing Marowak's Pokeball. "Marowak, return!"

Eric handcuffed the unconscious grunt, and the writing grunt.
"You were right, bub." Eric hissed. "I am Savage-Heart of the International Police. And you two are under arrest!"
Eric's X-Transceiver went off.
"Hey... It's me again... Savage-Heart... Look, I know you really loved Peggy. But do you think this is what she, a great Pokemon Ranger, would have wanted?" Anabel said. "I'm just going to let you off with a warning. I'm sending an agent to help you take the Grunts off your hands. Just check on that Trainer they were after, alright? Make sure they're okay."
"Roger, Roger." Eric said. "Over and out." Eric turned the X-Transceiver off and put it back in his backpack.

Eric looked at the locket around his neck.
"Don't worry, Peggy. Your spirit will be able to rest soon." Eric said to himself, kissing the locket.
Eric then walked over to this mysterious female Trainer.
He held out his hand. "Are you alright?" He asked her.

Sayah ran away from the five rocket grunts that had spotted her. Cursing herself at having been so care less she looked back to see how close they were and tripped over a rock. Falling to the ground the 5 quickly surrounded her. Immediately Her Galarian Slow King and her oldest partner a Sableye popped out of their balls. Out of the six she currently had with her they were the least tired form her exploring of the island she had come to.

Before they could do anything though one of them mentioned hearing something and out of nowhere a thick club came out and knocked the grunt out. Looking up Sayah saw another trainer next to a Marrowack and could not help but feel a bi t glad that they had been near bye. She was not sure if her two pokemon could have lasted long. Letting out a sigh of relief as the last three grunts retreated, after a seceoned on had been kocked to the ground with a punch form the other trainer, Sayah let her self-fall back and lay on the ground ii was not long before she noticed a hand being held out to her and she smiled as the trainer asked if she was ok reaching up she grabbed the hand letting him help her up calling the slowking and sableye back to their balls the sableye refused as the slowking went back into Its ball and she shook her head as she answered “I am fine a bit tired and embarrassed really. So tell me knight in shing armor who might you be and why are you on this rocket infested Island? They take something from you as well?”

"You can call me Eric. And to answer your other question... They killed someone very dear to my heart. My girlfriend, Peggy, was a Pokémon Ranger. We were stationed in Kanto when she was betrayed by a 'colleague' by the name of Mordred, who was actually a spy for Team Rocket. I've been hunting him for months." He began to explain. "Something about you, just, really reminds me of Peggy. I'd like to know your name, milady."

He then lifted her hand to his lips and gently kissed her knuckles.
"There's a small hotel in town nearby where I've been staying. You'll be safe there." He reassured her.
Eric had a feeling that he was already in love with this woman. Then again, he hasn't felt a woman's touch in a long time.

Sayah could not help but blush a bit as the Eric kissed her hand. She realized though what he had lost was so much greater then what had been taking form her. And yet something about him the way he was ab le to be such a gentleman. She did not dwell on it to long because as he kissed her hand here sableye let out a menacing tone.

“Sab” turning to her oldest friend she wagged a figure at hi.

“Now none of that from you Sneaks this man just save are hides n ow behave or back in you ball you go” The pokemon crossed it arms and stomped it’s foot but did not make another sound. “Sorry about that he can be a bit protective of me… we’ve been together for many years since before I was an official trainer, As to your offer I would like that. I was trying to find my way to the town when I got a bit lost. I am kind of new to this area so please lead on and my name is Sayah and as you just heard this menacing guy is Sneaks”

"I'm not from around here either. I've only been staying at this hotel for a few days. I'm actually from Unova, originally.." Eric said. "Sayah. What a lovely name."
Eric led her to the hotel in town, which was right next to a Pokemon Center.
"You should go heal up your Pokemon." Eric suggested. "I'll be in there in a sec. There's something I gotta take care of."
Meanwhile, the two Rocket grunts were being dragged onto an International Police helicopter.
Eric whipped out his X-Transceiver, and called Anabel.
"Anabel, it's me. Savage-Heart. The Trainer those grunts were after.. Yeah, she's fine. Also... I think I'm starting to fall for her somehow."
"Savage-Heart, I would usually not condone something like that, but given what you've gone through in the past six months. I'll allow it. We both know that Peggy would have wanted you to be able to move on. I hope she can tame your savage heart." Anabel replied.
"Thank you. This means a lot to me coming from you." Eric said. "I've got to get going."
Eric then went inside the Pokemon Center.
"Sayah. Sorry for the wait." He said, gently kissing her cheek.
Eric realized he was still holding is X-Transceiver. "I'll be sitting at that table right there."

Eric used his X-Transceiver to call the former Gym Leader of Nacrene City, Lenora, who was Peggy's aunt.
Lenora didn't pick up, but her husband, Hawes did.
"Eric. What a surprise!" Hawes said.
"Lenora isn't there, is she? There's something I want you BOTH to hear!" Eric smiled.
Hawes motioned for his wife to come over.
"I've got big news for you two. I think I'm in love! I saved her from a bunch of Rocket Grunts earlier today. And I never thought I could love again after losing Peggy." Eric said. "It's getting dark over here on Chrono Island. I assume it's pretty early for you guys?"
Lenora and Hawes seemed ecstatic.
"Yeah. We just woke up maybe an hour ago." Hawes answered.
"Hawes and I are both very happy for you, Eric. It's what Peggy would have wanted." Lenora said.
"Yeah. I've got to get going. Thanks for your support. Bye!" Eric said before ending the call.

Eric waited patiently for Sayah to get done healing her Pokemon.

Sayah was a bit surprised when Eric said he was from Unova he was quite a bit of ways from home. And it also told her how much he really did care for his deceased girlfriend. She actually thought it quiet romantic and she wondered what it would be like for some to care about her that much to do something so noble if something were to happen to her. When they reached the town they stopped in front of the pokemon center and he suggested she get her team healed. “Yea that would probably be a good idea”

Entering the center she had Sneaks get back into his ball and handed her team over to Nurse Joy. As she waited Erick came back in and kissed her cheek as he apologized for the wait. This kiss took her by surprise and her cheeks flushed red as she noticed his x-transceiver “No It’s fine it will be a bit for my team to be done healing up they were pretty beat” She then smiled as he pointed to the table he would be at and she turned back to wait for her team. After a few minutes Nurse Joy returned with her team and with them back on her belt she pulled Sneaks and had him come back out. She knew he was not a fan of being cooped up so he usually stayed out of it.

Walking to the table Eric was sitting she smiled at him as she sat across from him and sneaks paced behind her “So Unova? That’s quite a ways to follow team rocket. Though I guess I shouldn’t be to surprise they do have a pretty far reach these days. I wouldn’t be involved with them accept well they stole my keystone after my last performance. Not sure why they did but I suppose they had some agents watching it.” She let out a sigh “I should have been more careful but that’s not nearly as bad as your loss” As she finished speaking sneaks stopped his pacing and placed his hand on her leg. She patted his gem and looked back to Eric “So what now? Surely you would need some help dealing with the rest of them. “

"You're right. I'm gonna need some help. And we WILL get your keystone back!" Eric said. "Should we go now, or in the morning? They have a warehouse on this island somewhere."
Eric then waited for Sayah's answer.
A Pokeball on Eric's belt began shaking by itself, and out came his Pyroar, a male.
"I think Pyroar here wants to be out of his Pokeball for a bit." Eric said. "Peggy and were stationed in Kalos a few years back, and we helped fend off some Pokemon poachers. Pyroar here was an egg that his mother allowed us to take as a way of saying thank you. When you date a Pokemon Ranger, you move around quite a bit."
Pyroar let out a loud yawn, just to show off.
Suddenly, Eric noticed an old man come in, screaming incomprehensibly about Team Rocket.
Eric got up and asked the man to snap out of it.
"What did they do now?!" Eric asked.
"The bastards took my Heracross! We go waaaay back! Please! Help me!" The man shouted.
Eric motioned for Sayah to come over. Eric's Pyroar was now by his side.
"We'll take care of it, right?" Eric asked Sayah. "Their warehouse is not too far from here, is it not, sir?" He continued, Looking at the old man.
"Yes. That's right! They have grunts guarding the door. Be careful!" The man continued.
"I know." Eric said. "I know."

Sayah though about his question it was starting to get dark so it could make things a bit difficult plus she herself was a bit tired. But the darkness could provide some cover. Not to mention her own team had a slight advantage when it came to fighting at night. As she thought the answer over one of Eric’s balls shook and a pyro came out. She smiled as he told the story about how he got the Pokémon and opened her mouth to answer his question when an old man came in screaming.

Listening to the exchange and nodded and went to Eric’s side as he motioned for her to come over. “Of course we will no one should be without their partners” When they were done talking to the old mad Sayah gave him a reassuring smile before following Eric out of the Pokémon center. When they were out and heading in the direction of the warehouse she looked towards Eric “Well It looks like the decision was made for us. I just hope we can get there before anything to bad happens.”

Eric and his Pyroar headed in the direction of the warehouse.
The warehouse was guarded by two grunts.
"Do you see that, Sayah?" Eric asked. "So how do you think we should distract them?"
Eric's Pyroar looked ready to pounce.
"Not yet, Pyroar. Be patient." Eric said. The two grunts looked like they were drunk.
The first grunt pulled out a cooler to get another beer for him and his comrade.
"This should be too easy. They're totally wasted!" Eric chuckled.
Pyroar was getting a bit antsy, and and leapt onto one of the grunts, pinning him down. The second grunt stumbled over out of fear, then opened the door, forgetting to lock it behind him.
"New plan! Let's go." Eric told Sayah. "Pyroar. You did great. Now return!" the lion-like Pokemon was called back into its Pokeball.
Eric went inside, but paused when he was a familiar item. A broken Pokemon Ranger Capture Styler. Undoubtedly the one that was Peggy's. What were they trying to do with it? Eric had a feeling they were using it to reverse engineer it, and create a corrupted version of it. Eric stuck it into his backpack for safekeeping.

Sayah looked at the drunken grunts. There was one thing that came to mind but she didn’t think Eric would like it. But before she could say anything the Eric was telling his Pyroar to calm down, however it wasn’t long before the pokemon pounced on one of them and the other stumbled into the wearer house.

Eric then shouted “New plan! Let’s go” so Sayah followed behind him. As he had his Pyro return Saya turned to Sneaks and nodded to him. Sneaks smiled mischievously and then melded into the shadows of the warehouse. Sayah smiled as well, the two of them had been together so long that they sometimes had no need for words, they had been through so much that Sayah trusted Sneaks enough to sometime let him do his thing. And on a dark night in place with so many shadow Sneaks antics could come in handy.

As they entered the warehouse Eric stopped to pick something up. Sayah was not sure what it was but judging bye the way Erick looked at it she guessed it must of belonged to Peggy. Sayah stepped up next to him and place a hand on his arm “We will avenge her Eric, I may not have known her but to take away somebodies loved one is unforgivable” Sayah’s eyes went dark briefly as she continued “And it should be punished”

Eric turned to Sayah.
"Thank you so much for your support, Sayah! You have no idea how much that means to me. Hey, Umm.. This may seem a bit... Odd to say, given that we just met a few hours ago, but... I think I'm in love with you, Sayah." Eric said, struggling to find the right words.

The tragic loss of his beloved Peggy haunted Eric for months. He thought he would never be able to find love again, but after more than six months, it happened. Hopefully she felt the same.
Eric then heard a familiar, malevolent voice from the distance.
"So, if it isn't that angsty parasite, Eric.... Or should I say, Savage-Heart of the International Police." The voice laughed maniacally. This was, without a doubt, Mordred. "Oh, and you brought a lady-friend."
Eric began to explain to Sayah.
"Yeah, I should have mentioned that earlier. I decided to join the International Police shortly after Peggy was murdered. I was technically disobeying orders by coming here, but saving you earlier today made it so worth it. I was given the codename Savage-Heart, because I thought my heart would never be tamed again after I lost Peggy."
Eric then grabbed a Pokeball from his belt, expecting a confrontation with Mordred.
"Alright. Haxorus! We're gonna need your help here!"
Out came Eric's Haxorus.
"Here I come, you murderous bastard!" Eric shouted, in order to taunt his nemesis. "Accept your fate, scumbag! You are under arrest!"

Eric's Haxorus saw many Pokemon cramped together in a large cage, including the old man's Heracross. Haxorus used Dual Chop in order to bust open the lock, unleashing several dozen Pokemon stolen from local Trainers.
"Good thinking, Haxorus!" Eric said. "Now let's find Sayah's Keystone and bring Mordred to JUSTICE!"

Sayah smiled at Eric what he said made her blush ever so slightly, she had heard of love at first sight but she never thought she would experience it. Taking his hand she started to speak “Eric I do feel like…” Before she could finish though someone else spoke up and started to taunt Eric Sayah let his hand go and watched as he called out a Haxorus.

Once it was out it looked at the large cage and pretty so had it open with a dual chop and all the Pokémon came out. As they did Erick praised his Pokémon and was ready to go on deeper into the warehouse but Sayah grasped his arm and forced him to stop and turned to face her. When he did he could see her eyes filled with worry.

“Eric slow down, I understand you lost the love of your life and you want to help me, but… you say you love me and I do feel like there is a bond between us it’s almost like it was meant to be, I can’t say that I love you not yet, but I can say that if you keep rushing head first into everything you will break my heart even now. And not because I’m in love with you at least I won’t call it that but because I get the feeling Peggy would be disappointed in seeing the one she love being so reckless.” She stopped speaking momentarily to kiss his cheek “Let’s try and think things through. We have known idea how many are left or what they have planned. They may even have a secret way ou t of this place and already left. Let’s take a moment take a breath and plan something out.”

"You're right, Sayah. I know Peggy would have wanted me to move on and be happy with someone else the first chance I got. But you do have a valid point. We just met earlier today." Eric responded. Suddenly, there was a loud thud and a flashing light. No doubt it was something Mega Evolving.
Eric had memorized Mordred's team from the International Police database.
"It couldn't be Arbok, Weavile, or Weezing. So that leaves Scizor, Metagross and Salamence." Eric thought out loud. "Haxorus, return!" He called back his dragon-type Pokemon.
"According to my calculations, this warehouse doesn't have enough space for a Salamence or Metagross to Mega Evolve. That leaves Scizor!" Eric continued, grabbing Pyroar's Pokeball. "Pyroar, looks like we're gonna need your help again, buddy!"
Eric sent out his leonine Pokemon, and turned to Sayah.
"I have a feeling THAT'S why they took your key stone!" Eric said. "Are you ready, Sayah?"
This time, Eric waited for a response before rushing in.

Sayah smiled at Eric and squeezed his hand gently. It was an action to let him know that as she had said she could not say that she loved him yet. But she did feel something between them. She also started to say some ting else when there was a thud and a flash of light. He was right to assume it was mega evolution which meant that whatever they were ab out to face it would not be easy.

She then listened to Eric running through their foes team when she herd Sciazor she knew right then that would be the one. She had seen many of the mega evaluations and new the other two would not have the room to maneuver in the tight space. Eric called back his Haxours and brought out his Pyroar and asked Sayah if she was ready.

The woman smiled a mischievous smile much like the one Sneaks had smiled. “Oh I am ready. We are always ready right Sneaks.” Her oldest and most partner appeared out of know where grinning as he nodded his head

“Sableye”

Eric noticed Mordred's Mega Scizor, but also smelled a foul odor. This was definitely Mordred's Weezing.
"Weezing, use Sludge Wave. And Scizor, attack Pyroar with Brick Break!" Mordred said, finally revealing himself. A blonde-haired, blue-eyed skinny little brute. "You two can't win!"
Eric's blood began to boil. "This is MY justice! MY destiny!" "Sayah! Follow my lead! And Pyroar! Use Flamethrower on Scizor!"
Weezing let out a blast of ooze to the other three Pokemon, but Mega Scizor was completely impervious to the poison.
Pyroar dodged the sludge wave, by lowering itself to the ground. And let out a long blast of fiery breath towards Mega Scizor, who was burned as a result. Mega Scizor smacked the lion-like Pokemon with its pincers, but due to the burn, it didn't do much. Mega Scizor then succumbed to the burn damage.
Mordred called it back to its Pokeball.

Sayah simply shook her head as Mordred called out his attacks. She watched as Eric had Pyro use flame thrower as it doged the sludge wave. Sayah did not have Sneaks attack though. Instead she pulled out another pokeball . “Sneaks stand back in the shadow and g e t ready for when I may need you” Her Sableye cackled and disappeared as Sayah. She then expanded the pokeball wich t urned out to be a heavy ball as she made her move.

“Toll lets show this chump how to really play with steel Zen head-butt on that Wheezing” Out of the ball appeared an off colored Bronzong that came out of its pokeball flying towards the Wheezing glowing a dark purple and moving through the sludge wave like it was nothing finally hitting the poison Pokémon with a lout thud sending it flying.

Grinning she watched as the man called back his Scizor which had been knocked out. The Wheezing though while it had taken damage was still able to stick around. She then glared at the man. Waiting to see what he would do.

Mordred sent up with Salamence next. "Weezing, use Fire Blast on Bronzong. Salamence, use Stone Edge on Pyroar!" HE ordered.
"Pyroar! Use Hyper Voice" Eric commanded.
Pyroar then let out a mighty roar hitting both opponents, and finishing off Mordred's Weezing before it could attack.
Mordred then smirked, sending out his Weavile next.
"Weavile, use Night Slash on Bronzong!" Weavile then obeyed Mordred and went towards Bronzong.
Salamence summoned pointy rocks to hit Pyroar, defeating it.
"Golisopod, First Impression, on Weavile!" Eric said, returning Pyroar and switching to his Golisopod, who was shiny.
It hit Weavile hard, but it barely didn't knock it out.
Eric turned to Sayah and smiled and nodded.

Sayah shook her head at the man’s moves though the Pyro save her Bronzong from the flame thrower the weviles attack did connect but Sayah just laughed as she recalled her friend and kissed it’s pokeball. “You did well Tone we will make some more music another time.” She then looked up at the man and grinned “You know why I had that keystone? It was because I had impressed the ones who safeguard the secrets themselves. And to have some low life thug who would murder someone steel this from me” She held up the keystone. While the battle had been going on Sneaks had managed to get close enough t o the man to lift the time on him. “Well now you will really she what I can do. Sneaks lets show him are bound Mega evolve” As she held up her keystone there was a blinding light as Sneaks changed. When it went away Sneaks was holding his Gem which had grown and grinning his same mischievous grin.

Speaking to Eric “I must apologize for this next move, She then pointed her finger Dazzling gleam buddy lets show that scum what we do to dirty dark types and dragons” Sneaks Start ed to make a cackling like n oicse as he started to spin his gem before releasing a b right burst of lights that hit the other three pokemon. She was almost sure the Golizopode would be fine but she knew that the Wevile and probably even the Salamnce would be down for the count.

Salamence and Weavile were knocked out. Mordred had only Pokemon left.
Eric switched Golisopod for Marowak, knowing the final foe was Arbok. Golisopod was fine, since Dazzling Gleam could only hit the enemy Pokemon.
"Arbok, Iron Tail on Sableye!" he ordered.
Eric smirked. "Marowak. Today we'll both have our revenge. Use Bonemerang!" Marowak used that move to defeat Arbok in two hits.
Eric noticed Sayah's Sableye took the key stone back from Mordred.
Now that Mordred was out of Pokemon, Eric grabbed a pair of handcuffs from his backpack to arrest Mordred. "Mordred, you are under arrest." Eric growled.
Mordred noticed a shattered window, probably damaged by Pyroar's Hyper Voice during the battle. He then slowly backed up towards it.
"It's time for you to pay for your crimes!" Eric shouted, his voice then going softer as he looked up to ceiling. "Peggy, I hope you're watching me up there." He blew a kiss to the skies.
While Eric wasn't looking, Mordred was closer to the window.
"Oh, no, no, no! You better not fucking jump, you coward!" Eric shouted, lunging towards his girlfriend's killer. "It's a long way down, and even if you do survive the fall, those waters are teeming with Sharpedo! Either way, there's a special pit reserved just for you... IN HELL!"
Mordred then proceed to pick up a large shard of glass and threw it, aiming it in between Eric and Sayah, hoping to cut them both. It missed Sayah completely, but it grazed Eric's arm slightly before hitting the floor.
Mordred then flung himself out the window while Eric was starting to bleed a little.
"Sayah! Don't worry about going after him!" Eric cried out, wincing in pain. "Hurry! There's a first aid-kit... In my backpack! I need you, to.... stop the bleeding, and make sure this cut doesn't get infected.. Ughhh." Eric continued. "Mordred is getting what he fucking deserves.... Regardless..."
Mordred was gone, and there was a Sharpedo Feeding Frenzy deep in the water.
"At least... I technically got my revenge. If only he didn't swindle me out of seeing his sorry ass rotting in prison until the day he dies." Eric said. "Sayah... I am forever in your debt.... Thank you..." Eric said, before passing out.

Sayah watched the events un fold she shouted for Sneaks to try and stop the man but it was to late as she watched him jump through the window after manging to step just enough to the die to avoid the glass. Eric was not so lucky and the glass Erics arm. He was able to tell her where some first aid was stuff was and thank her before he passed out.

Tears starting to form in her eyes she rushed over to the bag and found the first aid kit. Inspecting the scrape she realized that while not too bad it was enough that he was bleeding more then she first thought. She quickly bandaged him up and calling out her Toll and her slowing Sabriel having the two of the steady her new friend with psychic and along with the captured pokemon made her way back to the town.

Bye the time that she had made it back she was so exasted that she wanted to collapse. But she refused to rest until Eric had been patched up. Once he had and she had some help getting him back to his room she tucked him under his blankets and laying down next to him on top of the blankets she soon passed out herself.

Eric was having an incredibly vivid dream.
He was at a familiar cemetery in Ecruteak City, Johto. This is where many great people who dedicated their lives to helping Pokemon were buried, Regional Champions, Rangers, Gym Leaders, officers of the International Police, et cetera. He made his way to a small reflection pool, which had tombstone behind it. This was Peggy's grave with the nickname "Ebony Rose", which was given to her by her fellow Rangers in life.
Suddenly, the ghost of his beloved appeared in the clouds above.
"Well done, Eric... You are still the man I molded you into being. Thank you for stopping Mordred." Peggy's ghost told Eric in his dream.
"I didn't get to arrest him. He killed himself rather than accept justice." Eric said, getting tearful.
"I know. But in regards to your and your new lady-friend. I'm glad you were able to move on. I can rest freely knowing that you found someone new to love, who seems to love you the same." Peggy's ghost responded. "Even with Mordred out of the way, you still have plenty of enemies to defeat, and challenges to overcome. Your destiny is coming close. Stand up, and fight. And I'll always be right here to guide you."
"No! Don't go!" Eric shouted in his dream. "I can't lose you again!"
"I never left..." the ghost responded. "Now... Wake up!"
That last sentence wasn't from the ghost in Eric's dream, but from the old man whose Heracross he and Sayah rescued the night before, in the waking world.
Eric woke up to a knock on door, and he opened up to see the old man, the owner of the hotel.
"Hey, ummm. I forgot to introduce myself last night. I'm Melvin, the owner of the hotel. I just wanted to thank you two for saving my Heracross and driving Team Rocket off the island. My good sir, I told the International Police about your courageous act last night, and your boss has a surprise for you. Also, since you and your lady-friend here were so brave and kind, I'll let you stay in the Lover's Suite, free of charge, as long as you'd like! I'll send Heracross up to help you move your stuff there whenever you're ready, playboy!" The man said
"The Lover's Suite? Isn't that a really pricey room?" Eric asked.
"Yes." The man responded, and then started to whisper. "I can tell there's some chemistry going on between you two. I haven't seen such romance bud so quickly in the 64 years I've been alive. Have fun, you two!"
Eric then proceeded to wake Sayah up with a kiss right on the lips.

Sayah slept better that night then she had in some time. For so long she had nightmares which had caused her to lose sleep. Instead she dreaming about Eric, she was not sure why he seemed to affect her the way he was. She had always imagined meeting a guy while on the performance circuit having impressed him with her abilities in showcases. But here she was falling for a man that had he not saved her she probably would not have even considered. But him she could feel it was she in love with him to? Maybe but she still wasn’t… her thought were soon interrupted as the Eric in her dream leaned in to press her lips to hers.

Sayah’s eyes started to open up slowly as she felt something against her lips. When she realized it was Erick she smiled. Normally had a guy she just met had wakened her up in such aa manner she would have samcked him. With Eric though Sayah did not mind and so she wrapped her hands around his neck kissing him back and then pulling away ever so slightly. “Mmmm good morning to you to, how are you feeling? Is your arm ok?”

"My arm is feeling a lot better. It still kinda hurts, though, but only when I touch it." Eric began to say. "I wanted to say thank you, for saving me last night. How can I ever repay you? I owe you my life." Eric paused
"Also. Sayah? You know that guy whose Heracross we saved?" Eric continued. "Its turns out he's the owner of this hotel, and we can move in to the lover's suite whenever we're both ready."
Eric longed for a loving woman's touch, which is something he hasn't felt in such a long time.
Eric heard his X-Transceiver go off.
"Hold on, babe." Eric said. "It's probably my boss."
Eric grabbed his X-Transceiver from his backpack.
"Savage-Heart. The hotel owner told me everything about what happened last night. Also, I hope your arm gets better soon. And... If your lady-friend is awake, I have a proposition for her. But before I get to that, I'd like to give you a promotion, effective immediately, or whenever your arm is completely better, I should say!"

"Sayah, babe, my boss wants to ask you something." Eric said, motioning for his new love to come on over. "Anabel, this is Sayah. Sayah, this is my boss, Anabel."
"Pleasure to meet you, Sayah. How would you like to become a member of the International Police? If so.. we're gonna have to give you a codename." Anabel explained.
"If you're open to suggestions, I've got a short list right here. Ummm.. Let's see... Mocha? Smooth Jazz? Black Rose? No- wait! Ummm Savage-Heart, quick question, Wasn't that one of Peggy's nicknames she received while she was in the Ranger Academy. Ohh. That was Ebony Rose. My bad! If you don't like any of these suggestions, feel free to suggest one."

Sayah couldn’t help but chuckle a bit at Eric asking how he could repay her. Smiling she pulled him down slightly as she lifted her head back up to plan t another kiss on his lips. “Just make sure you keep your promise and stop being so reckless. I know the Glass was thrown at you but I saw it in your eyes you would have jumped after him.”

When she was done speaking she sat up in the bed completely as he mentioned the old man and how he was the owne r of the hotel. She nodded as she slipped off the bag and going to her pack rifled through it looking for at the very least a clean shirt. She paused briefly to look up a thim when he mentioned the Lovers-suite her face blushing slightly. “Well I suppose I am fine with it. The bed would be bigger so I guess that would be a plus.” Putting her shirt around her neck she walked back to him and grasped his hand “So I guess I actually say yes. I mean he is offering right?”

She then heard his X-Tranciver going off and she let his hand go as he asked her to hold on. Smiling she nodded and then turning away from him slipped out of the shirt and started putting the other one on. Going back to her bag she folded the shirt she had taken off and placed it in her bag as Eric a called her over. He then made introductions. After exchanging hellos the woman asked Sayah if she would like to join their organization and if so she had a list of code names or she could give one her own. Sayah thought for a moment before giving her answer.

“I have to say I would never have thought I would be asked to join the international police. You see I specialize in pokemon performance and specialty captures like this (She takes the Heavy ball off are belt) In this ball is Toll My shiny Bronzong who I caught as a bronzor. Took me forever to find him and catching him was the even more challenging but I did it. Yes I did the whole gym thing I even have the badges to prove it not just from my home region but I even earned a few in some of the other regions I have I have visited so it’s not if I am not decent in a pokemon battle. All that being said I would be honored to join the International Police as far as codenames go I think I like Black rose that is if” she looked at Eric “If you are ok with it because it in too far off from what Peggy’s was”

"I'm okay with that, babe. I'm not worried at all" Eric said.
"Welcome aboard, Black Rose!" Anabel smiled. "We'll send your badge and other equipment to your hotel soon! Expect within three days! I can't wait to meet you in person!"
Eric then got the phone and called the hotel owner.
"Hey it's us, the Heroes you need and deserve. We've decided to move into the Lover's Suite!" Eric explained
Eric then noticed Heracross come to the doorway.
"That was quick." Eric remarked
"Sayah, babe.... Are you ready, or do you need a bit?" Eric asked
The Heracross was patient.
"Excuse us, Heracross." Eric said, before gently closing the door.

Back
Top Bottom