Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Gurenge (1x1 w/DarkMudkip)

Yukimura frowned- he was conflicted. He wanted to trust Nana since she was a kakushi, but so much missing information left him in the dark. He knelt down, using a rock to write in the dirt for Akihime. “More information.”

"Ah! Yes! Of course!" She agreed, "What more can you tell us? How can we trust you?"
"The fact that we didn't take you all out despite our being outnumbered wasn't enough?" Motochika asked.
"It could be a trap set by Date." Mitsunari stated firmly. Motochika scowled.
"He turned us into this, we want revenge. Nana watched him kill your friend and instead of joining up with him, she ran! He butchered my whole village and gave a dear friend of mine to one of his stupid Moons as a fucking gift!! I want his goddamned head mounted for the whole of Japan to see!" Motochika yelled, growing angrier and angrier.

Nana put her hand on Motochika’s arm, frowning softly. “It’s okay, Motochika..” She looked to the slayers. “It’s true, I used to be a kakushi, and when Date attacked he turned several of us, Kawabe-sama fought hard to try and save us. Me being here as a demon is an insult to her honor.” She said with a frown. “I don’t want to live as a demon, but I don’t want to forfeit my life for nothing..!”

Kojurou bowed to her, "Thank you, for doing all you could for Jin's sake. She would not think less of you, not for a moment."
"Ne, Yukimura? I think we should trust them." Akihime said, "If we smell a trap, we can just take their heads." It sounded so mean, especially in front of them, but she was right.
"If Aki says it's good, then I trust her." Sasuke said.

Yukimura looked skeptical, shaking his head before writing again. “Temporary truce.”
Nana nodded. “It doesn’t have to be forever, I just think.. working together would give us all a better chance.”

"You're all insane!" Mitsunari snapped, "Trusting a demon is what crippled us to begin with!"
"You attempt to speak poorly about Amaya again, I promise you won't have to worry about another betrayal for the rest of your life." Sasuke threatened.
"Mitsunari, it's temporary, and as I said, if it looks bad for us, we cut our losses." Akihime told him.
"Nana-san was once in the Corps, Ishida, I don't think she would switch sides so easily." Kojurou said.

Nana looked to the ground, listening to the Hashira bicker around them, holding onto Motochika’s sleeve for comfort.
Yukimura shook his head, wishing he could speak his thoughts.
“You’re the one giving so much push back on this plan, but do you have another plan for defeating Date, or are you just going to complain at him until he dies?” Nana asked Mitsunari pointedly.

Mitsunari's hard glare turned to her and he reached for his blade.
"I fucking dare you." Motochika snarled.
"That is enough!" Akihime stated before grabbing her brother's arm, "Come with me." She pulled him away so they could speak privately, Akihime finally through with how childish he was being. Motochika moved to hold Nana's hand gently to provide her with more comfort.
"Is he always this fun at parties?" Motochika asked. Sasuke snickered a bit.
"A real blast." He replied.

Yukimura left Kojurou and Sasuke with the two demons, heading after Mitsunari and Akihime. He still didn’t like the idea of trusting demons so easily, Amaya had cost them, but it hadn’t really been her fault. She had been trying to do right by the slayers, and Masamune destroyed that.

"You cannot allow what happened with Amaya to cloud your judgement."
"We lost a great deal because of her." Mitsunari stated lowly. Akihime gave a heartbroken scowl.
"It wasn't her fault, Mitsunari. You know that as well as I do. Sasuke was hurt by what happened as well, Amaya would never betray her own." She said. Mitsunari glared at the ground and Akihime frowned.
"I grieve for the loss of Shouta as well, nii-sama...he didn't deserve that..."
"Do not speak to me like you know my grief." Mitsunari hissed, voice tight. Her eyes saddened.
"I do...I do know it...Yukimura knows it as well...we were going to have a child, and Date took that from us...that grief is equal to yours." She said, "I know you loved him, nii-sama...and I feel like he would not want you to grieve for him like this..."
"Do not speak as if you knew him!" He snapped. But Akihime didn't flinch away from him.

Yukimura stopped beside Akihime, standing with her as he looked firmly to Mitsunari, brows knit with a stern expression. Every one of them had lost something or someone, Mitsunari knew that. He with he could convey that fighting amongst themselves would destroy them even before Date could, looking to Akihime before holding his hands out, motioning to her hand.

Yukimura took her hand gently and turned her hand over to show her palm, using his finger to slowly and carefully write on it. There was little other ways for him to communicate other than to scratch in the dirt, choosing instead to write in Akihime’s hand. Akihime recognized the words “infighting” and “destroy”, Yukimura pointing to Mitsunari; was he trying to communicate to Mitsunari?

She understood right away and looked to her brother, "Yukimura says that if you continue this way, it will only destroy us, make us easier prey for Date if we become divided." She told him. Mitsunari scowled softly.
"I would never think we would sink so low as to accept the help of demons." He stated.
"We haven't sunk, nii-sama. Friends and allies come in all forms." She said.

Yukimura felt the same way as Mitsunari, he didn’t trust demons, but there was no other way. If they wanted to defeat Date, they would need to swallow their pride. He wrote again on Akihime’s palm. “Put aside emotions.” and “Destroy the enemy.” It could be their only chance.

"He says that for now, in order to fulfill Oyakata-sama's last wish, we need to put our feelings aside." She said. Mitsunari huffed softly and Akihime frowned.
"Let's do it for Otou-sama..." She told him gently. Mitsunari's face softened, if only slightly.

Yukimura nodded firmly, giving Akihime’s hand a small squeeze as a thanks for conveying his message to Mitsunari.

Yukimura bowed his head to Mitsunari, grateful for his cooperation, even if it did take some coaxing.

Akihime walked back with them and smiled at Nana and Motochika, "We would be happy to have your help in defeating Date."
"Thank you for siding with us, at least for now." Motochika said.

Nana nodded, thankful she didn’t have to die then, letting out a small breath, then looking to Kojurou. “You seem like you know Kawabe-sama well, and I haven’t seen her here.. did she die?”

Nana frowned softly and turned away to hide her tears. “I see.” She said softly. “Thank you for telling me.”

“Motochika and I… don’t intend to come home from this mission..” Nana admitted shamefully. “Use us however you like against Date.”

Back
Top Bottom