Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Gurenge (1x1 w/DarkMudkip)

Nana opened her mouth to answer, but stopped when she smelled humans, motioning quickly to Motochika the direction the smell was coming from.

Nana followed close behind, heart thumping hard in her chest, anxiety rising as they got closer.

Motochika stopped when they were close enough and signaled for Nana to hold. He hoped they were just regular humans, but ideally it had to be the Slayers.

Nana could hear the voices of several people speaking, the smell of a campfire and the faint scent of blood on the air. There was one woman and two men speaking, while one man sat silent, gauze wrapped around his throat.
Each one wore slayer clothes except for one man, who wore regular clothing, yet he still had a nichirin blade at his hip.
Yukimura was lucky that Akihime could remove most of the black substance that had hardened in his throat, allowing him to breathe normally again, but she couldn’t get it all. Some of the substance had hardened to his vocal cords, leaving him unable to speak, but Akihime hoped that she would soon yet make a solvent to remove the remainder of the tar.

"To think there was an ability so terrifying." Kojurou said gently, "I'm just glad you're alright, Sanada."
"Hai. Me too. I'm still examining the poison in the tar, and once one of my herbs effects it profoundly, I'll be able to get what's left." Akihime said.
Motochika looked to Nana amd frowned.
"You know these ones...?" He asked quietly. He was so glad they were down wind.

Nana nodded, watching the group still. “Yes, I recognize them- they’re Hashira.” She said softly, pointing with her clawed finger to each one. “The one in the plain clothes is the Lightning Hashira, the woman is the Poison Hashira, the man with the silver hair is the Sound Hashira, and I think the man with his back to us is the Flame Hashira.” She whispered.
Yukimura nodded, simply grateful he could draw breath again. Though he suffered no other affects, being unable to speak could prove troublesome.

"I'll go first, ok?" Motochika offered.
"We have company." Mitsunari stated gently. Akihime looked to her brother before following his gaze to the trees.

Yukimura turned as well, watching as a large lumbering figure appeared in the shadows, a smaller figure behind it. His expression turned to one of concern, as both him and Akihime were still recovering from their wounds, leaving the other three to carry the majority of the fight- if it lead to that.

"Ah, shit." Motochika muttered.
"And just what are you two doing spying on a group of Slayers, hm?" A new voice came between Nana and Motochika, startling them and Sasuke grabbed Nana tight, twisting her arm and putting his tanto to her neck, "One wrong move and her head comes off."
"Don't hurt her, we didn't mean nothin!" Motochika panicked. This went way worse than he had hoped.

Nana was frozen where she was, knowing better than to fight back, but her eyes held fear. “Motochika?” She didn’t know what they would do next- was this really as far as things would go?
Sasuke heard footsteps approaching, Yukimura emerging from the clearing behind Motochika, drawing his blade when he saw the Shadow Hashira had encountered demons.

"A-Ah, wait, wait, let's not lose our cool here!" Motochika said quickly.
"Hang on..." Akihime came from behind Yukimura, frowning deeply, "Nana-san? Is that you?"

Nana’s eyes widened and she turned her head away out of shame. “Please don’t let her see my face..” She muttered; was she asking Sasuke? Why would a demon want to hide who they were, and why would they ask for such a favor?

"You know this one, Aki?" Sasuke asked. Akihime made a noise.
"Just that she was Jin-dono's kakushi...one of them, anyway.."
"Jin's kakushi?" Oh no. Kojurou pushed through to get a good look at Nana, eyes wide in shock.

Nana felt her anxiety skyrocket when Kojurou got closer, forcing her form to change so her scales and nails were hidden, looking more human. She refused to look at him, a frown on her face but she didn’t deny being a kakushi. “Yeah.. I was her kakushi..” She mumbled.

"What are two demons doing here, especially so close?" Mitsunari hissed. Motochika rose his hands disarmingly.
"We wanted to form an alliance." He said. Sasuke seemed put off by this.
"Bullshit."

“He isn’t lying, we both want to help to fight against Date!” Nana argued. “Why else would we have approached you head on?”

"To die, obviously." Mitsunari stated. Akihime made a noise.
"I can understand Nana-san...but I don't know you.." She said, gesturing to Motochika. He scowled softly.
"I wanna destroy the one who took everything from me."

“He’s been helping me- his name is Motochika.” Nana said. “He isn’t a a bad person..!”

"Sasuke, let her go.." Akihime said gently and Sasuke scowled before obeying.
"You know there's a possibility that you both will die with Date, don't you?" Kojurou asked. Motochika frowned and looked down at Nana.
"If she's ok with it.."

Nana looked to the ground, keeping her more humanoid appearance. “He already almost killed me… I guess he’s just be finishing the job.” She said. “We didn’t come here to back out now.”

Kojurou nodded, "We could take all the help we can get."
"What?" Mitsunari hissed, "They're demons!"
"They want to help, Mitsunari!" Akihime argued.

Yukimura still didn’t like this situation, there was no guarantee that this wasn’t just all a trap by Date. He looked to Sasuke and then Kojurou, trying to gauge their opinions on the situation.
“Does it matter what we are if we have the same goal?”

"This could be a trick!" Mitsunari snapped. Sasuke looked to Akihime, brows furrowed.
"Aki?" He asked, "What do you think?"
"I think they're sincere." She said, "I sense no ill will."

Back
Top Bottom