Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

The Great Cascade (CasualVelociraptor x DigitalSiren)

Vanya's gasping lips, those once again enchanting eyes, the way her body bounced in response to his thrusts and movements of her hips down onto his waiting cock, and last, but certainly not least, her cry of his name as she, as he'd asked, warned him when she was about to cum, all conspired to bring him to the point of no return.

"It's okay, Vanya. I'm right here. I've got you. Just...just kiss me. Let go. Cum!"

While he was saying this, it was as if his cock became completely subsumed into her pussy and hardened in time with the tightening of her uterine walls. Their sexual excitement now one and the same, he panted with his eyes screwed shut by his overwhelming pleasure, "I love you, Vanyaaaaargh," kissed her, and then on instinct pushed his cock in as far as he could as she likely orgasmed (he, surprisingly, was so flooded with pleasure himself that he couldn't tell for sure, although he felt her walls trembling and concluded that was a distinct possibility...)

And then the pilot lowered her on the grass, buried his head in the crook of her neck, and- quite forgetting his desire to pull out as his primal urges suppressed all else- unloaded all his adoration, desire, lust, and caring inside of her in addition to voluminous ropes of sperm that flooded her womb and even leaked out and watered the grass.

With her hands in his hair, a sensation he adored, Bymen groaned, “Ohhhh, I love youuuuuu,” as Avonlea began to exquisitely ride his cock with long, slow, deep strokes. Bymed matched her slow but steady rhythm with upward thrusts of his own. In moments, far quicker than he'd have liked but far later than his hormones had demanded, he erupted deep inside his old friend...and the world lingered in that moment of blissful perfection.

Beemie panted, his heart racing and his mind deluged with pleasure, then drifted back down to the ground while still holding his darling Lea in his arms, their bodies and the devotion shared between the both of them now as much part of the forest as the dirt, the grass, or the knotted roots.

“I...uh...I’m sorry I didn’t last longer,” Bymed said sheepishly. He hadn’t even considered how he might’ve accidentally impregnated her. “But I’m still so fucking horny for you. I want you to tell me how to get you off too, my love.”

Last edited:
Daniel reassured the fairy as she neared that edge, told her to kiss him and she complied. Her mouth found his as she tumbled off that cliff with him, her name on his lips as he came. Panting softly as pleasure swept through her system, a hand brushed through his hair, his head pressed to the curved of her neck.

It rivaled the joy she felt when flying and after a moment Vanya giggled, the sound breathy. She didn't mind his weight on her, it was almost comforting. The quick beats of her heart seemed unwilling to slow, like a caged bird her heart beat against her chest. She'd held back from laying with anyone, but Daniel had been worth the wait... Her eyes closed as the sun warmed them both, cool breezes rippling across their bodies.

Lips brushed his hair. Vanya had no desire to move yet, more than content to cuddle under the sun with Daniel.

----

A soft chuckle left her and her lips brushed against his own, trailing along his cheek. His words brought a small blush to her cheeks. His request made her fall silent for a moment thinking. "If you're still hard, we could continue, otherwise fingers or mouth would do the trick" Her hand found his and between their bodies she guided it, placing his finger on her pearl. "This spot is very sensitive"

Nipping at his jaw, playfully she smiled. "All three are an option" Her hand guided his hand to her breast, letting him cup the weight of it. She wasn't quite a handful for her dragonling, but she was close. Her mouth found his. Avonlea was in no hurry to move them along.. They could indulge here, in relative seclusion in one another's body. A small nip to his lower lip, a demand that he open his mouth for her.

Daniel didn't think he could fall any harder for the tiny faerie in his arms, who felt so warm and was so cutely flustered by what had just happened. And then he placed his ear against his chest and heard her heartbeat and called her his little hummingbird. He wished he could hold her forever, and his devotion grew with every second spent on that grass in nothing but bliss. He even grew hard again in her welcoming walls just half an hour after unleashing his lust for her, then made her cum twice more on his raging, almost painfully sensitive penis before finally spending what he had left in his balls in tribute to Vanya.

When they were finally done, he suggested washing the sweat and smell of sex off of them, and so moved his beloved via a bridal style carry to the river and took the opportunity to begin rubbing every inch of Vanya with one wet, firm hand while holding her in the water. Of course, he paid attention to the obvious places that would excite her, like her nipples, belly, and pussy that leaked his cum into the water- a point that he took some pride in. Not in an attempt to stimulate her much more as she was already very sensitive, just please her a little bit, and hear her giggles whenever he lathed her ticklish spots. But he also loved gently skating his fingers across her face, tangling them in her hair, petting her wings, and so much more. And just the view of her lying on top of the river, supported by him, would have been enough to make him hard for her again if he had anything left to give.

Meanwhile, the instructions that Avonlea gave Bymed helped him go back to full hardness in minutes. Now that he'd crossed the invisible barrier of actually fulfilling his desires for her, he grew more confident, and was about to say something before he opened his mouth for her at her order, letting her grind on him and indulge in a languid kiss at the same time. Once they broke the passionate tongue session and she started bouncing on his cock again, he was slapping her ass between bounces of the nymph's hips against the base of his crotch, and sucking one tit each for minutes at a time in a move to drive her wild as well while also dipping a finger in her dripping sex and circling her clit.

Due to the complexities involved in tackling three areas of her body at the same time from his current vantage point, Bymed firmly commanded his best friend to lie on her back so he could "fuck you like you deserve." And he poured all his heart, all his remaining energy, and all the skills he'd picked up to palm her right tit with his left hand, suck on the other as eagerly as he could, pound deep inside her with every stroke, slow his pulls out to make each thrust that much more memorable, and finally press around her love button more firmly with his right hand. He managed to make her cum, screaming out his name, but young Bymed still had very limited endurance and pulsed and groaned with ecstasy as another hot, sticky load complimented the job she did.

Last edited:
Little hummingbird.. Vanya had liked the nickname he'd christened her with as his ear lay pressed to her breast, listening to her heart beat for him. They lay in that warmth for a while before Danial began once more, Vanya more than willing. Once, twice more she came with him, her cries rising to the heavens. Panting she lay in his arms, head resting on his chest when he suggested they bath. her eyes moved to the water and she proclaimed she unsure if she could walk. Daniel had picked her up, cradling her to his as he crossed the distance.

The water was cool, but not freezing and felt pleasant against her warmed skin. With tenderness he bathed her in the water, washing the sweat and other substances from her. As he did so, he found she was ticklish along her sides, the curve of her breast, the delicate joints of her wings and the inside of her thighs. By the time they were both clean Vanya was sure that Daniel was not the only one who had fallen this day.

Arms slipped around his neck and she kissed him, tenderly. Her nose brushed against his and Vanya smiled. "I have never wanted to live a single day forever as much as I have wished to freeze this day in time.." Her words were soft and there was something there, that he might recognize; the warmth to her words amorous.

----

Bymed was an apt student and was more than willing to learn. Avonlea was charmed by her dragonling as he took to her lessons like a fish to water... leaving her breathless with her pleasure as her own world shattered at the end of his spear. Lain on her back, he had indeed fucked her like she deserved and she had cum screaming his name, back arched as the pleasure swamped her body. He'd filled her twice and she lay panting under him, a smile on her lips. Gently she pulled him closer and rolled with him, careful of his wings so she lay on top.

Her head rested on his chest, his warmth and the sun heating her through. Giggling softly, she traced patterns along his skin. "Was it what you had always dreamed of?" There was an almost innocence in her question. Never had someone wished to be with her like he did... She had gone through a lot of men to find that love had been right beside her the whole time.

Daniel lifted Vanya from the water when she said that and hugged her tightly, chest pressing against hers and hips almost joined together after so much wonderful love making. And he could see in her eyes that they perhaps had literally made a love between them here- one that he hoped would never die.

“And I have never wanted to fix my gaze on a single spot- on any horizon, even the blinding white of an arctic shelf- as much as your soft, sweet face, Vanya. I would hold you here in one hand and slow the world with the other if I could, to buy as many moments as you desire. But the suns are getting lower, and we should probably get dressed and find your friends so I can actually, finally get around to touring this city and telling them the story of my battle with the three frozen Super Titans, arm in arm with you.”

With a kiss, the philosophically-minded pilot sighed onto her head after placing her head on his neck, “That’s the joy and the woe of time all at once, isn’t it, my love?” Then he got out of the water, his muscular form drip-drying for her viewing pleasure as he started to drape clothes on over it.

He then hesitated as he looked back at her and asked, “I know you can fly alongside me, and I of course will not begrudge you that, but...would you care to sit in the passenger seat behind me? I would very much adore you being that close to me as we fly as one.”

“All that I ever dreamed and more, my darling,” Bymed positively beamed at his beloved, still dazed from the hue of happiness that was overtaking his heart. “And now I can hardly move. If you...want this to be the day our child is conceived, then nothing would make me any happier. But I’ll take what I can get, what you’re willing to offer me from your soul, because I promise, my dearest water goddess: I love you, no matter wha-”

Then the ground shook beneath the lovers as Rathum landed near them.

“Rathum! What in the seven hells are you doing here?” Bymed demanded as he hugged Avonlea with all his strength, perhaps a bit too tightly in a desperate attempt to preserve their modesty. His cock was now firmly wedged in her womb as his sperm sought to conquer an egg.

“It’s okay, you two. I promise I’m not looking at you,” Rathum hastily calmed his brother. “Although, Bymed,” he joked, “you’re not sporting anything I didn’t see when we were kids, unless you’re taking a potion I don’t know about, or perhaps one of those newfangled ‘philters’ I see people buying. I’m sure Avonlea will let me know.”

“Would you stop trying to embarrass me to death in front of Lea and tell me why you’re here?!”

“I’m sorry, I just...I don’t know how to break this to you, Beemie,” Rathum sighed.

“Now you’re scaring me, brother. What. Is. It?”

“In that meeting I went to,” Rathum explained as Bymed thought, Oh! The one he didn’t want me in, “we received formal notice from the Confederation Council of a declaration of war by the Caledorian Empire.”

“War? But why?” Bymed asked as he pulled out of Avonlea as. He knew things were tense with the humans, but apart from his dreams he’d heard no rumblings of anything approaching war.

“I wish I knew. The letter didn’t say; it just went on to order that all humans in the Province be ejected from the Confederation ‘with all hospitable speed’. We debated for a while what the fuck that meant, how best to relay the news without causing a panic, and how to evacuate the humans in an orderly fashion, but then Elephon Perbalar, the Lord Governor and may the gods protect him, threw open the window and yelled, ‘War with the locusts that call themselves humans is upon us. The Empire is coming to kill us all! Kill the humans first!’ I roared at him about his stupidity in a moment of weakness and was thrown out. What I’ve seen since...”

Rathum wiped his eyes, “It will sicken me for all my days. The Imperial Consulate is on fire and most of the city has been burning from there. I sent a messenger crow to the Provincial Commander begging for the Confederate Army to come and quell the unrest, but it will take hours to get any reply, and the City Police are standing back and watching with their thumbs up their pretentious elvish asses. I was then fired by the Lord Governor and may the gods protect him, so I fought the mob where I could”- fresh, bloody scratches attested to this- “but couldn’t order anyone to do anything. Now people of all different species...they’re ransacking human homes and businesses, violating their bodies, and butchering them like animals. And not just them.

He sank to his knees and hyperventilated, “You know Plosbeg and Thifrezi? Both born here, both fifteen-year veterans of the Confederate Rangers, married ten years.” He’d also dallied with Plosbeg with Thifrezi’s approval a year ago, and she often watched and even let Plosbeg inside her while Rathum was inside him. But he understood it was a short lived dalliance, and the older couple understood once he got a boyfriend. “Lived and worked at Plosbeg’s Potions just across the street from the workshop, Lea. Couldn’t have children of their own but sheltered any children they could. I tried to warn them, but by the time I’d gotten there...oh gods, WHY?!?! Not them. Anybody but them. Noooo...”

Bymed shook his shoulders and said, “Well? What do we do?” Terrified that the one person who’d been his rock, who’d he’d never admit had been more of a father to him than the no-good lowlife of a sire who panicked and ran, was falling apart just as the war of his nightmares between the superpowers threatened to burn the world in hatred.

“Bymed, anyone who’s seen consorting with humans, or even people who are human-passing, is in grave danger. We need to find Daniel and Vanya and tell him to fly the hell out of here. And after that, Avonlea, you and Vanya need to hide until this blows over. Do you both understand?”

Last edited:
A sweet blush reached Vanya's cheeks and after a moment she curled into Daniel, head buried in his neck, inhaling his scent. He was right, they should get a move on, but Vanya was not quite ready to share him with her friends yet. Nodding, Vanya couldn't help the soft nip to his neck that she gave. "Indeed. I feel all at once two warring emotions," Her voice was soft as she confessed, "I wish you for myself and in the same breath, to share you with them." They should know him, Vanya knew, they would all like him. She still couldn't help her selfish inclination to keep him to herself a bit longer. Set gently down after the pair exited the water.

Shaking herself, much like a dog might, Vanya flicked water from her wings, the thin membrane vibrating to dispel the lingering droplets. Dressing, Vanya turned to him as she pulled her top on, "Hmm?" Tilting her head, a sweet smile curled on her lips. "I'd like that," Vanya had always known the pleasure of flying with the wind beneath her wings and slipping along her body, but she'd be a liar to say she'd never wondered what it would be like to fly in a plane such as his.

Closing the distance, she wrapped her arms around him from behind, hands sliding along his waist, a kiss placed against his shoulder. "You don't have to leave for a few days?" She couldn't help but wonder how long she'd have with him, and more so, when she'd see him again.

----

Avonlea blushed as Bymed mentioned this being the day that they might conceive a child together. She had stopped the medicine, for she wasn't in a relationship and a hand moved to the flat of her stomach. Children had not been something she had ever once considered, but with Bymed? It was something that warmed her from the inside. Her mouth opened, readying a response, her eyes swimming with emotion, "Bymed.." She felt and heard Rathum landing near them, pulled close, she gasped. Bymed was trying to protect her modesty and Avonlea did not complain, curling into him, her cheeks heated.

Head resting on his shoulder, Lea listened to the brothers, a smile curling on her lips, but when the talk changed, she struggled to sit up. Seeming to understand Bymed slipped from her and Avonlea could feel as his seed trickled down her thigh, blushing she moved to find her discarded clothing, dressing only to find the disrepair of her clothing. Tugging on Bymed's shirt she wiggled her fingers in demand. Though the urgency diminished as Rathum's voice broke, falling to his knees. Hands moved to cover her mouth, "No..." The words holding the horror of the actions taken against the couple.

She moved closer to the pair, her heart now curling with dread. "Vanya?" Her best friend was now in danger. "We.. We need to split up. Bymed will take me north, towards the river.. But just in case, Rathum, go south, make sure they are not at my house or hers," Avonlea taking charge, trying to convince herself the pair were fine. "We will. We can go to the cabin?" It was in the thick of the forest, a place that they all had cleaned up and sometimes visited when in need of a break. Avonlea whispered a prayer to anyone who would listen.

Daniel was happy to just listen as Vanya said her peace, as she laid claim to his neck and his chest with her arms. Gods, did she know how effortlessly sexy she was right now?!

Even her very life’s breath against his body took his away, made his cock swell with life that he never knew it had, made him want to pump her full of his potent seed all week. Of course, he couldn’t do that; not only did they need to be mindful of time, but some restraint needed to be shown if they were to learn of each other’s needs, desires, quirks as more than just animals. That was what it meant to love as a sentient being, after all: to communicate with someone with more than just mating dances, to know all aspects of someone, to never want to stop wanting to know them.

“Then why not do both? Show me off to your friends, then keep me for yourself all night,” he said to her first point. He then also took the opportunity posed by giving her a helmet and flight jacket of her very own to ponder her question. He didn’t think it over too long, lest he worried her, but there were logistical questions to think through.

“I...do need to go back to Radiant City at some point, but yeah, I can stay for a few days, maybe even some weeks before I need to go back home. Perhaps, after a couple of trips back and forth, you might like to visit at some point to get to know the city of my birth? I do, after all, live there with my parents when I can and support my father, Aanav, and my mother Harper. It’s not the most glamorous, but I would be honored to have you as my guest, and I’m sure they would be delighted to meet you...when the time is right, of course.”

What he didn’t say was that his father was a former Surai soldier of the Kingdom of Surabamba who’d had his wounds tended to by a half-Caledorian, half-Raeybekite nurse after the Imperial invasion in 1865 known as the Goliath War. And then they’d gone to Radiant to seek opportunity after Empress Emily Caldwell pardoned Surabamba’s military in 1872, and once he was born there a year later, they molded and smelted young Daniel in a melting pot that held everyone but was home to no one. And he himself was from too many places, stretched between them as the muslin was over the dampfsteel and wood frame of his plane.

So while he of course wanted to see his parents soon...ish, and wanted to show his lover the sights and sounds of Radiant, even the less pristine ones, he felt like he truly had no home other than the sky. That he was the Ghost everybody had called him. So, Daniel was in no rush to leave as he climbed in the plane and beckoned her to follow suit so he could escape the surly bonds of gravity, if only for a time.

Once Vanya did, it wasn’t long before Daniel twisted the key to the engine and the thrum of the turboprop, the roar of the steam engine as it feasted greedily on whale oil and put it out as thick exhaust, and the very vibrations of the mechanical creature stirring to life drowned out all thought. (And perhaps, if they hit just right, said tiny movements might give any women who were in the passenger seat a particularly pleasant flight.)

Soon, they were ambling along the clearing- almost, if Vanya had experienced such, like a horse with no gallop. The bouncing continued more ecstatically as the greatest of man’s creations gained speed, commanding the very air to carry it up in a sudden, sharp jerk until they were free.

What they didn’t know was that in the distance, two tiny specks were barreling towards them. Their names were Avonlea and Bymed, and the former was clutching the back of the latter, arms wrapped so tight around his chef the dragonling thought he might lose any breath altogether. He couldn’t see what Avonlea was thinking or anticipate what she might say, but for his part his face was screwed up with determination to beat his wings as hard as he could to catch Daniel and Vanya.

Last edited:
The desire to linger under the brightness of the sun in Daniel's arms lingered, but Vanya knew they should find Avonlea and Bymed. The almost possessive nature was unknown to the fairy, but when it came to Daniel? She was having trouble shaking it. His answer drew a smile to her lips and the depths of her magenta eyes danced merrily, a low sound slipping from her. Feline like in nature, it might have been a growl, "Mmm I suppose if I must share, I can think of no better people to share you with," She admitted as she took the helmet and jacket. Her wings folded behind her laying flat against her back as she slipped into the flight jacket. The helmet was put on next and she gave a little spin, "How do I look?" Her smile was bright.

She'd question when he needed to leave and her heart had raced when he first said days, and then soared when he said perhaps a few weeks. Vanya couldn't remember a time in which she felt so giddy. "You'd.. you'd want me to come visit you?" There was a shyness to the words, though no fear. The idea of seeing where he'd been born made her feel warm inside. Shaking her head, she wrapped her arms around his waist and she leaned up to kiss him, "I don't know much of other cities, but I would be honored to come visit.." The plans they made without effort somehow felt right. Though they barely knew each other, Vanya felt like she fit with him. Like to perfect pieces. It drew out her next shy question, "Do you think they'd like me?" She'd never met anyone's parents, well no one she had dated.

Watching him climb in, she followed at his beckon, settling into her seat. Odd for a daughter of air and sky to feel a little trepidation at flying, but she couldn't help it. What Vanya could help was her trust in Daniel to keep her safe. Her laugh was drowned out as the beast beneath and around her rumbled to life. It vibrated as if it was alive and Vanya shifted in her seat, the vibrations tickling parts of her that left her cheeks bright pink.

Gasping as the metal beast gave gravity the slip and was set alight on the winds. Closing her eyes for a moment, Vanya basked in the wind and sun that brushed along her face. Little did the pair know of the danger in which they had found themselves entangled in, or how their friends rushed to warn them. The pair enjoyed the company of one another why Daniel showed her the beauty of his flight. The dots on the horizon were too far off for either to pay them much mind.

--

Avonlea was clinging to Bymed, afraid... not for herself or the frantic pace in which they flew but for Vanya, her sweet Vanya who was in very real danger. She spotted the glint of the plane and shouted, pointing to it with one hand before her arms wrapped around his neck again.

"You look like a veteran pilot. And the cutest little pilot I've ever seen to boot!" Daniel smiled as he saw her wearing his spare flight outfit spectacularly well, and she asked him what he thought. He also couldn't lie to himself; it was nice for her to be a little possessive of him like not many of his female lovers had been (understandably, given the fleeting nature of any interactions with many of them, by mutual consent.)

"Aanav and Harper would have to have smoke in their brains if they didn't love you. I mean, come on- you're beautiful, you're sweet, you have wonderful friends (who I would also love to bring to Radiant) who all adore you, and you and Avonlea have your own business with very impressive clockwork creatures that are sure to blow them away...anyway, my point is, don't worry about what they think about you. Just think well of yourself, and everything else will follow," Daniel said over the roar of the plane, then turned his head briefly to blow Vanya a kiss.

In truth, he didn't expect Harper to warm up to anyone he brought home right away, not because of any faults in the boys or girls he was dating specifically (mostly girls, because she was torn between fealty to the Church of Solstice and loyalty to her son and he didn't want to bring up his bisexuality too often). However, he'd been home so little with his roving lifestyle and brought home so few people that he couldn't blame her for wondering if anyone was for real. He couldn't be 100% sure of any future either, just because the future was fickle like that, but something about Vanya was different.

Meanwhile, he could almost hear his father's voice perfectly in his head. "Son," Aanav would say in his thick Sura-accented Caledorian before quoting a traditional Surai pastoral proverb with one calloused hand on his shoulder, "there are three uncertainties in life: women, wind, and wealth." (He wasn't so much ignorant or bigoted towards Daniel's attraction to men as he was a purist about proverbs and other ancient wisdom; and besides, Daniel was sure the spirit of it made sense for any situation.) "And if you have troubles with any of those thingt," he'd continue, mispronouncing the word “things”, "come fly home to me and I'll give them a good smack upside the head." That was always good for a laugh, but Daniel knew it was his way of being there while not being all emotional, which was not in the older man's nature.

With all talk of parents and visits behind them now, Daniel proceeded to do barrel rolls and other amazing, fast aerial stunts for his little hummingbird. To excite, impress, thrill her, and make her affections more of a certainty sure, but also to show her the kind of joy he got from flying of a different kind than she was used to. Of harnessing the very uncertain power of wind itself to go wherever he wanted for thousands of miles on a single tank of whale oil. And soon, he got close to the river (but not enough to disturb its glass sheen) as Father Vitalis set and Daughter Luminis still shone for a moment, and let Vanya admire the almost purple glowing, dying light as well as their own reflections upon the placid surface.

It was in that same mirror, however, that Daniel noticed Bymed with Avonlea in tow, getting closer and frantically waving at them and pointing them towards a nearby islet in the middle of the Wilfarne River that had just about enough room for Daniel to land. And once they did, Bymed hugged Vanya tightly and explained the situation briefly to Daniel. His first reaction was fear for Avonlea and Vanya's safety, and a desire to whisk them both away to Caledoria where they might be safe, but he knew in his heart of hearts that they couldn't leave.

Neither could he stay, for his very form was putting them all in danger. And if war was on the horizon, then he had to go back to find out what happened and make sure that his parents were safe. He had wanted to part with Vanya after one last round of vigorous lovemaking, but managed to restrain himself.

So it was with a heavy heart, and a promise to return when he could and write whenever possible, that a Daniel on the verge of tears wrote a short note to Vanya and left it with Bymed, then kissed and held his little hummingbird for thirty whole minutes. This gave him, Bymed, Avonlea, and Vanya precious time to grapple with the darkness hanging over them and compose themselves for a few moments before finding the cabin that Avonlea mentioned and letting Rathum know where they were.

Last edited:
The compliments earned him a bit of a pose, feeling giddy with her happiness. Laughing, the sweet sound bright and happy she had climbed into his plane with help. As Daniel spoke above the sound of his plane, Vanya nodded, his words soothed her. Parents seemed scary, for her own long dead she had little experience with them. However, the thought of being brought home to meet his parents made something in Vanya shiver with anticipation. Something about Daniel made her feel like she was home. It was an odd thought, for she had never been one fore love at first sight, but something about them seemed to fit perfectly.

She could picture telling Avonlea later, blushing and gushing about her day and night. How happy he made her and how he made her feel treasured. The happy feeling that fluttered through her mind and stomach showing on her lips, a bright ear to ear smile. His showing off for her made Vanya giggle and squeal, hands lifting into the air as his mechanical beast spun and flipped elegantly through the air. They were alike, in their love for being in the sky. His request for her to join him, to see how he flew would be something she never forgot.

Fingers reached out, breaking the glassy purple surface of the water, sending ripples along it. She had seen the image of the pair before the water rippled their images out of focus. Turning in her seat she frowned as Daniel put the plane down. Pulled into a hug the moment her feet had touched the sandy surface she frowned. Something was very wrong.

The news hit Vanya like a ton of bricks and she shook her head, moving closer to Daniel. Even now, so soon, she saw him as her safe place. Promises were made, tears shed on her part as he promised to come back when he could, to write her. To have found him and whatever they were, to have it ripped away within hours was shattering. She wanted to go with him, wanted him to stay. Whatever she could do to stay with him, but she knew all answers would put them in danger. His choice to leave was the best course… even if it broke her heart.

Had it not been for her friends, Vanya might not have moved. Tears came faster and harder as Daniel's plane vanished in the darkening light. She'd been able to hold it together until he was far enough away. It was then and only then that she broke. How they found their way to the cabin, how they managed to bring the sobbing fae with them was beyond her. Curled up with blankets around her, before a fire the three waited for Rathum to join them.

As Daniel stretched his soul between his homeland and his heart’s refuge with Vanya while the physical distance between them grew, Bymed wanted so badly to be able to be in three places at once. In the cabin with his own beloved. Back at Fort Anankan (short for Anakanjanipur- A Place for All Peoples to Rest) with his mother, Nessa, as he worried how the war might affect her palliative care and what little treatment could be offered for her harajac crusting- an inherited defect causing loss of blood, hardening and overgrowth of scales that was fatal to all dragons and dragonlings. And in Wilfarnuine protecting his big brother, even though he knew that Rathum could take care
of himself and then some.

Then he looked at poor Vanya. At least he could try to be a friend to the girl he always considered to be like a sister he never had, but she wouldn’t have anyone now to be there for her the way he would be for Avonlea. That helped him remember that he needed to give the note to Vanya before he forgot. In fact, he decided to go one step further and tell Vanya it was from Daniel before reading from it aloud.

“Vanya, my love. I flew across the darkest of night skies, shivered in icy caves inside my plane, fought the Super Titans, all while longing to meet you. I can say, now that I have, that it was the greatest day of my life, one I look forward to repeating. I will return, my darling. One day, I swear I will make you my wife, no matter what it takes.

“And while you wait for me, ask someone to play The Endless Stars by renowned Surai singer-songwriter Chattar Rimani. It’s a song that I hummed often in my head alongside your voice. May it bring you comfort too.”

“Gods...” Bymed sniffed to keep from crying as he hummed a few bars of the song. “That was beautiful. You better be careful to hide your correspondence, otherwise I might fall in love with Daniel too. It’s a shame we didn’t get to see much of him.”

The joke only managed to break through the gloom for a moment. Many hours of melancholy passed, during which they all just sat there snuggled together and commiserating as a trio. That was, until Rathum came to the cabin, bloodied, bruised and cut up.

“Is...are the girls and Daniel safe?!” Rathum grunted. No sooner had he said that than Bymed nodded, explaining what had happened while propping up his limping muscular mass of a brother.

“You look like the seven hells, Rath. What happened?”

“I took matters into my own hands,” Rathum snarled.

“Wh-what do you mean?”

“The terrible reign of the Lord Governor is over. When me and several thousand other concerned citizens all came marching to demand he put an end to the massacre or face justice, he instead set himself on fire while raving about the end of the world and jumped off the dam to his doom. Then the Army came, put down the rioters and proclaimed me the new Lord Governor of Wilfarne River Province while they make camp.”

“They can do that?”

“According to the Confederation Treaty, that is allowed in times of emergency. I’ll need to go to Fort Anankan to make my case to the Council in a week’s time, but for now, yes, I’m in charge. But I’m not sure I want to be...”

“For now, let us dress your wounds and then go to sleep. We’ll come back and do what we can in the morning.”

Last edited:
Having never been in love, lust or otherwise, the hollowness that seemed to fill her stomach and the heavy feeling around her heart. So many new experiences in one day, as if life scales had refused to leave one scale higher, the happiness, pleasure, love were weighted against her heartbreak, fear and loneliness that grew with each mile between them. Avonlea watched as her friend experienced her first heartbreak and while she still had Bymed, she couldn't help but feel the loss that Vanya was experiencing. A hand brushed against her magenta hair, "Oh, Vanya," Lea's words gentle.

Between them, they were able to guide the fairy to the cabin, the process slow and tedious. Once inside, Avonlea set Vanya before the hearth on an old leather couch, while worn was plush and comfortable. Light still filtered in, but only just. Looking Bymed as he began to read the letter Daniel had left for Vanya. A smile on her lips, a nod, before she turned to the task of starting a fire. Vanya for her part, was trying to stop crying, not that it was working. The words were sweet and while soothing, they only added to the pain. When would he be free to return? Wife? It also gave her something to hope for, the letter a double edge sword. One side held pain, the other a glimmer of what could be. Either way, she wouldn’t have traded that letter for anything short of Daniel.

Avonlea placed a blanket on her friend and smiled slightly as Vanya giggled, a wet sound of joy. Sniffling she brushed at her cheeks, "Not really worried, you never would look at anyone but Lea," she teased, "Now Rathum? That's another story" There was an attempt to joke with him, but it was weak and her voice held a hollowness.

The three of them curled together, sharing the warmth of the fire and the comfort of one another's arms. That was how Rathum would find them. Looking up, the woman rose with Bymed. Avonlea got water while Vanya fetched the first aid kit. Listening to what Rahtum told them, Vanya worked to patch up the scrapes. Dabbed with antiseptic, coated with a thick cream and bandaged where she could. The water had been handed to him, "Drink," Avonlea commanded him.

As they finished Vanya touched Rathum's arm, as Vanya pulled Bymed to one of the beds within the cabin, "We can all talk more in the morning." She had a feeling she knew what her friend sought. "Rath.." Vanya's words barely louder than the crackle of the fire, "Would it.." the confident, joyful female was so unlike herself, shy, unsure and still grieving the loss of Daniel, "Would.. you," steeling herself she looked up at him, "Would you hold me tonight? I don't want to fall asleep alone"

Daniel cried through his laughter at Vanya’s terrible joke about him and his brother. There was a word for him in dragonlish slang; “saddle-fused-to-back” was the translation in most other sentient languages. Since each dragon word had multiple ideas, which sounded clunky when translated out, it sounded a lot better in the original. In any event, the idea was that he had a saddle fused to his back so anyone could ride him. Bymed used to be concerned that this would ruin him, but Rathum owned up to it and got s lot of respect from his peers.

That was his big brother; a great big slab of muscle, determination and power who would never let anything get him down. So to see Rathum, after all these years, finally exhausted (physically and mentally) and so banged up, was draining Bymed just to see. Upon absorbing so many of his brother’s wounds, Bymed wanted nothing more than to make love to Avonlea for hours, then be held by Lea and Vanya and have Rathum hold them all in turn in his tree trunk arms and sing them to sleep with their childhood lullaby, Promise of the Sky.

But after Lea ordered Rathum to drink the concoction, Bymed passed out, just as exhausted as his brother was. For he had experienced the same high as Vanya, had not crashed from it because he got to keep his beloved close, and yet had just feared the worst for the man he held most dear in this world. Anybody’s mind would be blanked in this situation too.

While Bymed was conking out and presumably Avonlea was joining him shortly, Rathum considered Vanya’s question carefully. He knew that Vanya had just suffered a terrible loss; he knew nothing about Daniel but hoped to not even hint at replacing him for her; and he knew couldn’t be what she needed right now, from him.

Rathum did, on the other hand, wonder how such a new and untested love could survive for long. If he really loved her the way he claimed, why hadn’t Daniel decided to stay and fight for her? Or at the very least, give her a reasonable timeframe of when he would be back?

One of the few things that he did know about Daniel was that Mr. Ghoslan was not someone who ever sowed seeds in just one field, to borrow a human parlance. He just didn’t see how Daniel the man could be anywhere near the level of the Mind-Daniel that Vanya had built in her heart. That did mean that he’d hopefully come back to her realizing what they needed to do to build a long lasting, stable marriage. But it also meant he could wander away, forever chasing greener grass.

Dammit, even though he didn’t- could not want- no, would not put her through- ever pretend or pretend to be pretending to be in love with Vanya, Rathum did love her in a way. Like he was her older brother and she her sister (wait, no, his sister- just how tired was he today?). She was one of Rathum’s closest friends, one of the few who could ever call him Rath without getting punched, who could offer full throated support to everything. There had to be something he could do to show his deep and abiding adoration for Vanya that didn’t lead her on.

Then one came to mind and he offered Vanya a radical position upon spooning her. “Yes, tonight and every night you need, my dear. And I can offer you...more besides.”

His cock went erect and pushed hard against her thoroughly dampened underwear. “I can’t have sex with you with love like he can, but I don’t think you should go to sleep alone either. Touch will be how we all get out of this tragedy sanely. So I give myself fully to you to use as your living sex toy when you find yourself in need of him and he is not by your side, as one would hope one intending to be your husband would. Jerk; suck; fuck. Whatever your body would need to feel satisfied, I can give you for hours and hours, many times a week.”

“I know that you must have a million questions, but I urge you to save them for the end, Vanya. All you need do for now, if you wish to use my- services...”

He whispered into her ear, “Is pull off your panties, pull any other clothes out of the way, and spread those beautiful legs to allow me to deeply massage your lovely center and reward you with my essence.”

Last edited:
Lea had curled herself into Bymed's arms after ensuring Rathum drink the tonic Vanya had made him. Perhaps it was wrong of her, to seek her lover's arms when her friends had just had their lovers ripped from them. She knew of Rahtum's relation with the couple and Vanya had just lost her virginity to Daniel who had fled. She wondered why the man had not stayed, they could have hidden him here, in the heart of the forest. Perhaps he feared endangering them all... She could only hope he would do right by her best friend.

Vanya hadn't considered the loss of Daniel the way her friends had. There had been something between them, she hadn't been the only one to feel it.. Or he had told he had felt it too. Naïve in such matters, she had trusted him willingly. Avonlea and Bymed had turned in, leaving her and Rathum alone. She didn't want to be alone, so she'd asked Rathum to stay with her. He was one of her oldest friends and he had suffered loss as well as she.

"I can offer you more besides"

Vanya's magenta gaze had fallen on him, confusion clear. His words made sense and her cheeks flushed. She had meant to just be held and held in return, but the offer Rathum made was one of care for her. He seemed to understand how her heart hurt and while he couldn't make love to her, he could help chase the remnants of the ghost from her mind, at least for now. Wings flexed, hovering before him, fingers brushing his cheek, "Thank you.. I offer the same. I was not the only one who lost something" Her words were soft.

Still hovering before him, she pulled her clothing off, piece by piece until she floated naked before him. They could chase away their pain... If only for a while. Be there for one another. She was small in comparison to him, delicate in more than one way. "We can try and forget, if for a little while" Nothing would replace the ones they had lost. Hers might come back, she prayed he would. His, would never return.

“Then we can sleep, a tangle of limbs, exhausted”

In truth, Rathum had also had sex with Thifrezi, even to the point of ejaculation inside her womb, once Plosbeg suggested that he might be their best chance at having a child. It didn’t take, for whatever reason, but while that phase of their relationship was going on he had finally understood what the fuss was about for breeders. Vaginal sex wasn’t normally his cup of tea, but it had felt good and the warm idea that he was making her feel good too when she showed such care for him had enabled him to fuck her in the way she needed.

He also hoped his boyfriend would understand. There was no threat of him falling for Vanya, he thought. Although...looking at her sweet, innocent face made him want to kiss it, please it, and make her moan, for her body was beautiful. More than that, the naughtiness of the situation- the “What If?” finally fulfilled, with her friend and his brother sleeping mere feet away- made his thick, hard, almost breathing penis appear and throb for her, generously coating itself in rut-oil. Vanya would also notice the flanges at the bottom of a more sexually matured dragonling’s penis like his own, designed to spread out along the lover’s walls to enable the cock to remain inside during flight, and please a mate in unique ways in entry, during movement, and upon exit.

He also didn’t need the rut-oil that much, he noted as he embraced her, laid her down on his bedroll, and began kissing her (mostly to make sure she stayed quiet, although it did feel good too) while feeling her entrance with the callous pad of his finger. He chalked it up to residual wetness from her earlier sex with Daniel, not remembering in his tiredness how much Vanya had lusted for him once.

“Then may our mating bring us peace and sleep every night you wish,” Rathum sighed in her ear, then licked her neck and placed one hand on her rear to lift it up and not crush her wings, fitting both cheeks in one massive paw. The other rested on her left breast. That was mostly to steady Vanya, but he knew it would also feel good to her, so he gently palmed her breast and nipple as he slid inside.

Now he knew what the attraction was for Daniel, and for so many men. Even some women, he was sure, though he had never heard of any women even flirting with Vanya. It was a little tough to get past Vanya’s tiny opening as he kissed her and pushed in, but once he did, Vanya practically inhaled his whole length. And, more importantly, surrounded it in tight warmth that made it hard to leave her depths. Or even want to, for that matter.

“I’m not going to lie, Vanya...” he whispered breathlessly and then pulled back. “Being inside you is phenomenal,” he added, a small wet “plup” indicating the full re-burial of his organ in her willing womb, “and the thought of holding you to myself as we fuck and fuck and fuck every. Single. Night is getting me more and more excited than I thought I could be.”

He now kissed his dear friend as if they’d been lovers for years while his cock drove his point home by leaking precum inside her already, the fact that he was encountering remnants of Daniel’s jism making him pound harder.

Last edited:
There was no worry in her mind for Rathum's boyfriend had nothing to worry about. They would never be more than friends, not really. They would find physical comfort in one another, away from the ones who meant the most to them. Her arms wrapped around his neck and she kissed him. Rathum had been her first kiss; the pair had always been close. While like brother and sister at times, she had always thought Rathum a handsome male. She just wasn't really who or rather what he preferred. Vanya understood and supported him.

Rough fingers brushed her and she bit back a whimper, not wanting to disturb the couple already asleep. Vanya nuzzled Rathum's cheek with her own as he whispered in her ear. "Not just me," she whispered in his ear in return. She wanted this to benefit both of them. To be a place of solace for someone she had loved her whole life. To ease his pain as he eased hers.

Delicate wings flexed as he lifted her, taking care of them. His other hand cupping her breast as he pushed into her. Gasping, Vanya bit her lower lip, turning to kiss him again as more and more of him slipped into her. A low chuckle left her and she made a soft sound, like a hum of pleasure as she nipped along his jaw gently. "Such sweet words," Their friendship opened her to be playful. He felt amazing, there was no lying. "Mmmn good, I don't want to be the only one getting something from this."

Kissing him back she moved with him, the pleasure building. Her moans were muffled by their kisses. She missed Daniel, wished he had been able to stay.. But that was driven from her mind, if just for now. Her sadness chased away with each thrust. Falling asleep exhausted and well loved... It would keep her ghost from haunting her thoughts in the darkest hours of the night.

Little did Vanya or Daniel know her body already held his seed.

“I...I just realized,” Rathum groaned, “that this is the perfect way to keep you safe.” He then added nonchalantly under his breath during a thrust that took him all the way to her cervix, “If you’re the wife of the Lord Governor- on paper, of course- you’re basically untouchable in this war. Doubly so if you’re pregnant; that’s the one group of people I know the Empire will not attack. All you have to do is open your legs just like this until I have bred you and you’ll have nothing to worry about.”

He did worry that that sounded a little bit more stern than supportive. And he knew that she’d probably ask if Daniel couldn’t have just stayed, married her, and gotten her pregnant while hiding out- perhaps in the attic- if that was the case. Rathum’s first instinct was to explain why doing that with Daniel would expose her to an attack from the mob, but instead he found it more prudent to bend her legs back and pound her sloppy wet pussy harder than she would ever have thought her tiny hole could take.

“You are my woman, Vanya, and I adore you and will always protect you, no matter what. I don’t mean to make it sound like you don’t have a choice in the matter; to deny space for your brilliant mind would be as cruel as trapping you in a jar with no air, my little firefly. I just felt like agreeing to be my pretend wife was the best option for your emotional health, safety, and...sexual needs.”

As he was going on about this in detail, Rathum felt a need of his own coursing through his body. To erupt a potent cocktail of his arousal deep inside, claim her as his mate. If she were a male, probably a dragonling, he would likely bite; but he knew that his cock was already causing her some discomfort and didn’t want to inflict any direct pain on her when she was going through so much.

“It’s okay. I’m right here. I’ve got you. I can feel you getting close, so just cum on my cock when you’re ready.”

Listening to Rathum as he thrust up into her, Vanya slapped a hand against her mouth to muffle the cry of pleasure that came from her. There was no doubt that their coupling was pleasurable for her. Gasping she bit her lower lip, his plan had merit, Vanya could see it. It would protect her but she couldn't help but wonder how Daniel would feel if he heard the news and she couldn't explain it to him.

He was gone and her friend offered her protection, that few could claim. Any thoughts she tried to focus on were driven from her mind as Rathum took her harder, her hands moving to cover her mouth, for fear of waking Lea and Bymed. Rathum gave her something that Daniel had sparked in her, if for a brief moment in time. Being cared for. He offered her more than that care, safety, and a way to chase away the memories of Daniel. Vanya hoped he would come back to her, but there was no way to know.

Gently she pulled him closer, drawing his mouth to her shoulder. "If you need to, it's okay" She knew about Dragonlings, she had researched them once upon a time, when she had thought that she and Rathum might have been a thing. Before she had noticed his predilections. Her hand still muffled her cries, the closer she got the louder she became. She could only hope to not disturb those sleeping. Rathum would be able to hear her no issue. It did hurt a bit, but Vanya found pleasure in that pain.

Reassurance and love, if not romantic were offered and Vanya felt herself splintering as she came. Her walls squeezing around him, tighter than she had been, her head falling back. Pleasure ate at every nerve and chased away the fears and sadness.

Slowly as she came down from her high, she nodded. "Okay, I trust you Rath, I know you only want me safe." Her lips brushed his cheek and she smiled softly. "Will your boyfriend be okay when he hears?" She brushed her hand against one strong arm.

As soon as Rathum felt Vanya’s pussy grip him with the powerful, natural pull of a womb hungry to be inseminated, he bit his tongue until it bled to keep from roaring out when his orgasm arrived in concert with Vanya’s own.

Once the pleasure left his body, however, the guilt began. Instantly weighing on his heart for dragging her into his vortex of loneliness just because he hadn’t found the time to sleep with his boyfriend. Or, worse, because he felt pent up after seeing Daniel and being angry that he didn’t convince Daniel to stay- for Vanya’s benefit and his own, lustful ends in the future. Now Rathum was worried he’d used her, although he also reminded himself that he’d offered his own body for Vanya to use, so maybe she knew that perfectly well. It was just that he couldn’t help but feel this way, after everything.

He knew Vanya didn’t mean to make him depressed by asking these questions. She was the most pure hearted person he’d ever known, so he could never be mad at her. But these were the kinds of questions Rathum had hoped to avoid by fucking Vanya until she was exhausted, and now, since he could never lie to his little firefly, he was forced to answer them.

“It’s...complicated. Let’s just say I don’t think he’ll mind, considering his, um, status,” Rathum cleared his throat and said. In fact, his boyfriend was the one who suggested that Rathum marry a woman- in the abstract, as a way to protect them both in case something happened to Wilfarnuine by entering a fake marriage. But Rathum couldn’t burden Vanya with that knowledge...

Yet.

Last edited:
The change was easily noticed by someone who knew him as well as she did. "Sorry," Her lips brushed his cheek and she cuddled into him. "I asked because I know you care for him, not to stir up painful thoughts. He is likely to hear well before Daniel, if he hears at all." She brushed her hand along his chest, resting it above his heart.

Listening she nodded and she kissed him again. "I just wanted to be sure, I am sorry. Please don't be angry with me." Not that she thought he was, but more she hadn't meant to bring up painful memories. His question though had made her think of the man in his life. She couldn't help but care about him because Rathum did. That was just who she was.

Her mouth brushed his once more. "I ruined our high, sorry." She was at least aware of what she had done. "I promise no more mention of such things." Shifting she flexed her wings slightly, Vanya seeming unable to stop apologizing. She had other questions, but her first had been asked thoughtlessly and she wasn't willing to bring up possibly unpleasant things. She was curious why he had refrained from biting her. There were also questions what her role as his wife might entail. Not from him, for she knew he wouldn't take advantage of her, but he was now in a position of power. Would that require things from her?

These things could all be answered later. There were other things now lingering on her mind as well. Things Rath himself had brought to her mind. Children the main one. Was there a chance, even as small as it was that she could already be carrying Daniel's child? Would there even be a way to know with Rath's seed inside her as well and what would happen to her if she bore not a dragonling, but a human?

“No, no, Vanya...” Rathum now whispered and stroked the faerie’s delicate cheek beneath her fiery hair with a claw that could probably squeeze it with ease, if Rathum was that kind of dragon. “I put a lot on you. You should never feel like you just have to go along with something,” he added as his penis slipped from her vagina that was drooling out his seed, and a little of Daniel’s as well.

Rathum now pressed his forehead against Vanya before kissing it. “You’re so brilliant, I promise you. Maybe a little too brilliant for your own good, but you can’t remain quiet. I...I put a lot on you, and I’m sorry.”

And then she mentioned his boyfriend finding out, and he grunted, “Ugh. Why didn’t I think of that? I- I just assumed he’d be fine, but I didn’t...I’m such an idiot.” Now his mighty chest was racked by short, anxious breaths as his voice got higher and louder. “W-We have some time. It’ll take a while for word to reach Fort Anankan about the change in leadership. That’ll give me some time to convince him not to be mad at me, if that is what’s going on. Why’d I get involved with this? What makes me think I have what it takes to be Lord Governor? What is going on here?!”

As Rathum wept, Bymed awoke. Instinctively, without even an ounce of consideration of the fact that Rathum and Vanya were both naked and smelled of sex, he hugged his big brother from behind and stroked Rathum’s strong torso.

“You always seem like you have to prove something, like you need to earn our love. Well, that’s a load of dung and you know it,” Bymed said into his brother’s shoulder. He then started sobbing, “Honestly, if your boyfriend, whoever he is, thinks that you did wrong for doing whatever you could to protect us, then he’s not worth anything to me. You are. You are, Rathum.”

She shook her head, denying his admission of perceived guilt. "No, you only looked to protect your family." She leaned against his touch, her bright magenta eyes taking him in. "I didn't just agree, I think you made a good point." Vanya felt him slip from her and she bit her lower lip to keep from whimpering. Catching his hand in her own, she opened his fingers, pressing a kiss to his palm.

Her eyes closed as his forehead fell to her own, his lips brushing her skin. "Stop saying sorry, you did nothing wrong." Opening her eyes she looked up at him. She was his friend, his family... They were all a family, the four of them. Thick as thieves since childhood.

Shifting, Vanya curled into Rathum. "You're not an idiot." her voice was firm, as she answered him. "He loves you Rath, he will understand." Shifting she stretched her slender body out, her wings fluttering to keep her in the air as she grabbed a glass of water. Handing it to him, she stroked his arm. "You need to breathe honey."

Vanya couldn't stand to see him in such pain, in such a down spiral. She saw Bymed stir, and then rise. There was no hiding what they had done, but Vanya wasn't ashamed. Not bothering to hide herself, she watched as Bymed comforted Rathum and looked to Avonlea's sleeping form. A small smile curling on her lips. The girl slept like the living dead.

Dragging her attention back to the dragonlings she nodded. "He is right you know, but I don't think he will not understand. If I was a man, perhaps he might worry, but he knows your heart." She tried to tease him a little before pushing gently at the cup. "Drink, it will help, I promise."

"I'm sorry...you've been so sweet and understanding, Vanya, and I've just been a stressed out mess making it all about me, when you're the one who lost someone today," Rathum exhaled deeply, his lungs like a great bellows releasing warm air all over the entire cabin. He could really see why Daniel fell so madly in love with Vanya, and hoped they would get back together soon to allow Vanya to truly be happy. And in the meantime, that his powerful, sometimes vindictive boyfriend would in fact understand what he was doing, since what he wasn't saying, what he would never say, was that his anonymous suitor was also married to a woman.

(Apparently, Rathum grunted to himself with some consternation, he had a habit of homewrecking, and this time the wife did not know; or perhaps she did and tacitly gave consent- there was no way to know.)

Perhaps Rathum's high-class boyfriend would therefore understand that Rathum's joining with Vanya was all politics, as most marriages between power couples were in the Confederation to begin with. After all, the poor could afford to love who they wished here, while the rich needed to secure a legacy as quickly as possible to maintain a foothold in the political maze of Fort Anankan.

"Well, I agree with Vanya. You've done a great thing today by stopping that crazed, speciesist Lord Governor and getting a handle on the situation. But, you're not going to be helping anyone by being a sleepless, nervous wreck," Bymed reassured him, even as he tried not to stare at Vanya's heated, sweaty, stunning naked body lying on the floor. He could also really see why Daniel fell so madly in love with Vanya, but from another angle, and hoped that they would get back together...for very different reasons, as he thought of his lover next to all three of them, who he envied for be able to sleep through anything.

But even the thought of Vanya and Rathum going at it until they both released while he was sleeping, the smell of which still permeated the cabin, was making his trousers tight from arousal. It was stupid, yes, since he'd already unloaded twice, but he still needed to get his rutting stick down or he wouldn't be able to sleep. Without waking Avonlea unnecessarily for another bout of sex, the only way to do this was to take care of himself. With that, he went out for "air." Or so he claimed, anyway.

Rathum nodded his assent to Bymed leaving for the moment, urging him to not be too long, but also gave him the "concerned older brother" face. There would be a time to address that- later. "Beemie's right. Perhaps it's time we rested, and put this bizarre day behind us both," he smiled and kissed Vanya's cheek as they both lay down on the cot that bore their earlier mating.

Last edited:
Vanya held out the cup of water, stubbornly. She wouldn't allow him to rest until he down the contents. Bymed had tried to help soothe his older brother as well and they had both said their peace. Her nudity was the last thing on her mind as she tried to comfort her closest friend aside from Avonlea. Pushing the cup into his hand she accepted his kiss along her cheek. "Hey no, you will drink this before I sleep." Steadfastly she refused to lay down. Her eyes flickered ton lea's sleeping form.

"I always envied her ability to sleep through almost anything." A smile on her lips she looked towards the door. "Will he be okay?" It was about that time that Vanya seemed to realize that she was naked. A squeak left her and she slapped Rathum's arm. "You should have reminded of my clothing, of lack there of!" Her cheeks burning, she shook her head a little. Bymed was head over heels for Avonelea and honestly had never once looked at her the way he had Lea.

Sighing she curled back onto the cot, pulling the blanket over their bodies as she laid her head on his chest. "I love you Rath," the words were true. "Thank you for caring for all of us. Taking all of this onto your shoulders. But you're not alone." Her arm slipped around his waist as she closed her eyes. "You have friends, family to lean on. To support you. Don't do it all alone, you silly man." Squeezing him gently she yawned.

Rathum chuckled at Vanya’s adorable worrying while he gulped down the water, and at her harmless slap on his arm. “I’m sorry, Van...a piece of my brain must’ve drained inside you as well,” he cheekily grinned. He also wanted to joke, Where we’re going, we won’t need clothes, as he intended to keep her safe inside the Lord Governor’s Mansion much of the time. But such a colorful suggestion might’ve made Vanya embarrassed, so he just kissed her cheek, let her get dressed if she so desired, spooned her strongly and went to sleep.

The next morning, they were awakened by the sound of Bymed pounding Avonlea into the floor while trying to be quiet, which instantly made Beemie blush and shrink inside his lover. After a good ribbing at Bymed’s expense and jokes about being even in the seeing-friends-naked department from all others present, however, it was time to get back to the city and get their lives under control.

Although the violence had indeed been quelled, apart from attempts by a few rogue “purity brigades” to seek out and kill or rape any remaining, hidden humans, Rathum had his hands full almost immediately.

All tourism dried up with the closure of Halanunja due to the war, causing a wave of layoffs and business closures. That and rumors of the global spread of a deadly virus called mer flu that caused those affected to eat the flesh of the living caused people to run on the Wilfarne City Bank, forcing Rathum to shut it down to try to head off a depression. But fear made everyone suffer anyway.

The city did have some farming and fishing nearby, but also relied on the outside world and in particular Caledoria’s more rural breadbasket colonies like Surabamba, Jogadunda and Teergragia for staples like whale and waterfoot meat, fish, corn, and rice, which were difficult to find or grow here. Rathum implemented rationing and got the City Police and the Army to distribute it as fairly as possible, but it wasn’t enough to prevent many from going hungry. The Council promised, after several long trips between Wilfarne and Fort Anankan to talk to Rathum’s secret boyfriend by poor, often tired Bymed, to bulk up internal trade and commerce with the merfolk of the Kingdom of Olsea, its only ally in this so-called Final War (especially for their key bumper crop, mermaize, which promised to be a corn substitute). But infrastructure was so weak in the Confederacy as a whole, even along its most important rivers, that what little food and other official supplies did not go to the war effort were unable to outrace the Thieves Guild and other black-market organizations and their extortionist prices from filling the void. However, at least they had stock available. At all. Which was more than enough for people to pay whatever they wanted, even if it was in thousands of pieces of rapidly inflating scrip.

As soon as they announced their engagement and Vanya’s pregnancy (which, thankfully, did not upset Rathum’s boyfriend) to try to boost morale and Vanya moved her things into the Mansion, Rathum fired most of the staff to save money- a move that was quietly seen as tone-deaf during a recession and barely helped anyway now that Confederate scrip was rapidly becoming hyperinflated, with 10,000 needed to buy a single flour cake. Then he had her kept inside the dimly lit, dusty castle as much as possible for security reasons, and paid her to do whatever upkeep she felt she could handle, with soldiers doing the rest in exchange for lodging in the many guest bedrooms. Finally, at night, they’d both fuck their frustrations out.

On the other hand, people were isolating at home, stuck with their children all the time, and had a lot of free time on their hands and an inability to get mechanical trinkets from Caledoria or any other nation except through the prohibitive and dangerous black market. That increased demand tenfold for clockwork creations from Avonlea’s Automata Workshop, whether as substitutes for pets that had to be abandoned or eaten, or toys to ease the anguish of children with gas in their bellies. Orders piled up so quickly that, without Vanya assisting anymore, Bymed resigned his envoy position to help Avonlea run the shop full-time (which, coincidentally, improved their sex life, especially after Avonlea declared she was gravid as well.)

Bymed was initially hesitant about this decision due to their mother, but Rathum’s boyfriend had apparently been beseeching Rathum to let him hire full-time care for her and her scale rot for some time now. Her mind was declining rapidly, and she had six months left to live, if that, so she needed all the help she could get. However, Rathum didn’t read Vanya or Avonlea in on that because he didn’t want to worry them, and quietly agreed to his boyfriend’s proposition while only informing Bymed of the situation and swearing him to secrecy as well.

And then, on July 15th, 1893, everything got worse. Three days earlier, contingents from the Army, Navy, Sky Navy, and of course the formidable Angluroq (Dragonrider) Corps stationed here, nearly 20,000 strong, had taken most of the City Police with them to march to the defense of Halanunja, the Shining Pearl of the West and the Confederation’s only warm water port. The hopes of the people to repel the Imperial invasion- to rid the land of humans once and for all- rested with them.

But on the 15th, only a single, mortally wounded elvish soldier hobbled through the streets of the Great Cascade utilizing a branch as a walking stick. He managed to reach Rathum and Vanya as they were sharing a rare moment of quiet on one of the balconies of the castle. Then, with ragged breath, he groaned-

“Hala...nunja...is...fallennnngh...”

-and toppled over the railing to his death on the streets below.

Rathum tried to contain the news by using what was left of the Police to seize all local newspapers and arrest the journalists who ran them, but it was too late. The front was still several hundred miles away, but the citizenry knew that was practically at Wilfarne’s doorstep now, and with the Navy obliterated and the rest of the military scattered, it would be only a matter of time before the Empire’s fearsome artillery and air forces began bombarding them.

Chaos erupted, with the efforts of the City Police to contain it going nowhere. Anyone who had the means to do so fled east. Just as in the last panic at the start of the war a month earlier, businesses, farms and homes were burned and looted. But the last straw for Rathum was that a hundred humans sheltered in an underground Moon Temple were killed by six members of an elvish supremacist terrorist organization called FDF (Final Defense Front) along with the approximately dozen elves, orcs, goblins and others burned beyond recognition who gave them sanctuary and what little food they could spare.

That same day, in a fit of rage, Rathum arrested the perpetrators and had them publicly burned alive by dragons and their charred bodies impaled on the city walls as a message to anyone who would defy the civic order or harm any innocent civilians, human or not, ever again. He also declared a curfew from 6 PM-10 AM every day, with violation of the curfew or any further unrest punishable by summary execution.

Rathum and Vanya stopped having sex after that, as he didn’t feel he could be what Vanya needed, or deserved her respect. He also quietly called off the wedding, figuring that a lavish celebration of fake love would not lift anyone’s spirits. He couldn’t even look at himself in the mirror, only left his office for food or to retreat to the bathroom each morning to wash himself for hours until his scales and wings bled, and wept in a separate bed every night for a week as the weight of his crown hung heavy.

Too heavy.

Then he learned that the Supreme Commander of Imperial Armed Forces was Alice Guthrie and breathed a sigh of relief. On October 31st, 1886, which felt like a century ago, he had been a lone Confederate Border Defense officer patrolling at the foot of Mt. Klandethan near Surabamba, getting rained on by the perpetual storm at the top, when Alice and her ex-girlfriend Abigail had gotten stuck in a crevasse they’d fallen through on their way climbing down the mountain. He’d melted some of the ice with his fiery breath and saved their lives, and so Alice pledged that if he ever needed a favor, he only had to write to her and ask.

So, without informing his boyfriend, he sent a messenger crow to Halanunja, hoping it would reach Alice, asking for a meeting to discuss the status of Wilfarne in this war. He did this because he saw more soldiers futilely shoring up the defenses of the city by emplacing hundred year old cannons along even older stone walls, which were meant to repel horses and arrows back when dragons were the only attack possible from the skies, and had no chance of withstanding even the smallest caliber Imperial shell. As gunfire, the roars of dragons and planes, and explosions rumbled ever closer every passing day like that eternal storm that had rained on him, Rathum knew any battle would be futile. They’d get maybe an hour to prepare once a series of warning beacons stretching from the nearby northern Wilfa Mountains to the Great Cascade’s gates were lit...

But only prepare to die, horribly, and for what? An inept, weak government that couldn’t even provide food to its own people? His distant boyfriend’s urging to fight at all costs? Better to sue for a separate peace and be secure under the Empire than lie awake at night with an axe constantly hanging over him.

A day later, July 26th, Alice replied and accepted the meeting. Over the next few days, he worked with Bymed and Avonlea to, without telling Vanya, work out the logistics for this secret meeting. He did this because Alice had RSVP’d with a plus one on her outing deep behind enemy lines, and Rathum wanted it to be a surprise. Perhaps, he hoped, it would be a way to start to make up for how poorly he’d treated Vanya...

Tuesday, July 31st, 1893

Midnight

“Are you sure you’re alright with me flying you in, Commander?” Daniel wondered as the sheets wrapped around the propeller of his plane concealed their approach to the empty runway, which was once so bustling at his last visit. To say it was eerie seeing Wilfarne dark and abandoned like this, aside from the fires of the encampment of enemy soldiers to the north that hopefully would not see them in kind, was an understatement.

“Please, Daniel, you’ve been in Javelin Squadron for weeks now. It’s Alice,” Alice smiled with light in her soft sea green eyes. “Besides, you were my very capable backup flight instructor when Octavia”- meaning Octavia Richards, another member of Javelin Squadron, and the inventer of the airplane in 1886- “was taking care of John. More importantly, I don’t trust anyone else to help me navigate to the workshop you mentioned.”

John was the best friend of her husband, Jareth Williams, and he was currently aboard the Supreme Commander’s airship, the Sun Cutter, the both of them recovering from mer flu. Benefited by their mer physiology to begin with, they were the first ever patients to do so, finally giving hope to the world for a vaccine, perhaps even a cure from a disease that had killed hundreds of thousands in just over a month and was projected to infect millions more by the end of the year.

She insisted that Jareth get some rest and look after him too despite his declaration that he would go with her at all costs. To try to ease his mind, she gave him the authority to order the other Squadron members- Kate Gordon-Hawkins and Koqee- to rescue Alice if she didn’t report back by sunrise, or if he suspected something was amiss. Plus, the gunship was parked nearby, concealed from the military encampment by the waterfall from the dam, and cloaked from the city by the dense trees near the clearing it rested on that Daniel had taken Vanya to. It had enough firepower to level the entire city if need be, though Alice hoped it would not come to that. Despite his wife’s best efforts, he still worried, which was sweet. But she knew she had to hear out Rathum to repay her life debt to him, and reunite Daniel with his beloved to ease his anguish, if only for one night.

Once they landed, Daniel put on his cloak and wondered in hushed tones, “These are very nice disguises, but there are police officers and soldiers everywhere. How are we going to get past them?”

Alice emerged from the passenger seat in her own pilot's outfit and cloak, concealed her trusty old Sperling-Watson Model 1867 revolver inside one of Jareth’s spare canes, took off her goggles, and darkly said, “That’s for me to know and you to never find out.” With that, she turned around and said, “Now, take my hand, take a deep breath and keep your eyes shut.”

Daniel hesitated for a moment, but trusted his squadron leader enough to do as she said. He had to admit, she could get a little...intense sometimes; but he supposed one didn’t get to be a world-renowned private detective or the Emperor’s right-hand woman, leading the largest standing army in history, without some secrets. Or an edge.

Moments later, Daniel felt, strangely, like he was underwater and being towed by a boat despite them being on terra firma moments earlier, before the location of the shop became clear in his minds’ eye, almost as if it was...speaking? This was fucking weird. Then he blinked, saw something out of his nightmares appear in front of him, and squeezed his eyes tighter to keep from going mad.

Daniel panted now, dizzy and wobbly on his feet as they arrived outside Avonlea’s Automata Workshop in an impossible amount of time, while Alice calmly knocked on the door in the agreed upon 3-2-1 pattern to let Avonlea know that they’d arrived as instructed.

“I wish you hadn’t seen that, but now you understand that the shadows are my ally, Daniel,” Alice grumbled. “You would do well to find a way to forget what you saw if you wish to sleep well tonight.”

Daniel just nodded wordlessly. But cheer was restored to his face when Bymed answered the door and said, “Lea will be just a min...Daniel?!”

“Shh!” Daniel said before Bymed, now remembering the clandestine nature of their meeting, nodded and let the two of them in.

Daniel then hugged Bymed in excitement until the poor young dragonling said, “Can’t...breathe...” and Alice admired the automatons lining the walls while she waited for Avonlea.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom