Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

A brawl game gone wrong....(commyXBlade)

Link looked like he was going to protest, but he said nothing. He gave epona a quick pat on her muzzle, and he turned to look at Samus.

"I would appreciate the help, Sa,us-Chan. I know your battle abilities well, and have been on the recieving end of your final smash a few times. But I just can't shake the feeling that Midna's different somehow. I mean, she's the same but..." Link paused for a moment, glancing back towards the village, and essehtially, Midna. "I guess my time as a wolf honed my senses, because her scent is different. It's almost like....like....."

He paused again, and he turned crimson as he realized what the scent reminded him of. He wanted to say it, but he was too embarrassed, and now he acted as nervous around Samus as he had during the first Smash Brothers tournament, extremely shy, spoke to none but Zelda (or sheik, before the fighters found out that Zelda and Sheik were one and the same) and turning crimson whenever a girl was nearby.

-----

Meanwhile, Midna sat in Link's bed and slept peacefully, dreaming of her beloved swordsman saving Hyrule once more, and her daughter playing with Ilia's child. She slept so soundly that when Rusl came to check on her, she didn't even notice when he pulled her skirt down to cover her womanhood and puul the sheets up to keep her warm.

"Such a pretty thing. I'm surprised Link hasn't fallen in love with her like he did with Ilia all those years ago." Rusl whispered to himself. "Sleep well, Princess Midna."

Samus blushed as she had an idea of what the swordsman spoke of and sighed. "Well, Link, I just want you to be safe and so that we don't have something happen to your world if you to fail in your quest to save Hyrule.", She said expressing her concern and sighed, "Just I don't know what I am going to do. I don't think I can handle the darkness that surrounds Hyrule or even the Twilight I mean. The fact that I am human and possibly the equivalent to a civilian to this stuff I don't think I will be much help. There has to be a way to regain my suit. I was a fool for turning it off knowing I had no way of turning it back on." She said softly as she sighed looking down and then up at the swordsman.

Link sighed, but it was clear it was a sigh of relief. "To be honest, Samus-Chan, with Midna-Chan bedridden, I'll feel much safer with you at my side. I've faced Ghidorah before, and I really am not all that happy to be facing him again so soon after Midna's illness." Link seemed a bit sad at this, but at the same time, he was smiling. The gentle south breeze made his hair frame his face, and the soft glow of the mid-evening sun was enough to make him resemble Samus' old CO, Adam. Well, the light combined with the fact that for the first time since they'd met, Link was not wearing his tunic cap.

Epona whinnied softly, not wanting to completely ruin the mood, and Link nodded. After placing his cap back on his head, he gave Samus a soft kiss on the cheek as thanks and as encouragement. "Well then, you ready to go, Samus-Chan?"

Samus nodded despite the feeling she had for the twilight the problems she could incur while in the veil she grabbed his hand and leaped onto Epona. Her eyes were on Link as she smiled knowing that he had the keen sense like Adam had while she had worked under him. Though that was in the past and she needed to work on the now and the only way they would advance is toward the twilight and into the veil. Hoping she would have something happen horribly to her she smiled to him, "Yeah Link. Lets head out." She said softly holding onto him loosely.

Once he was sure that the blonde woman was ready, he gave a light tap to Epona's sides, and the bay took off at a gentle canter towards the Faron Woods. As they crossed the bridge that led towards the forest, Link explained a bit about his previous encounter with Ghidorah. Link told her that compared to Ghidorah, Ganondorf was a mere flea in terms of evilness, explaining how the mopnster had killed an entire clan, simply because he was bored.

"Even Ilia-Chan doesn't know it, but my father was one of those that Ghidorah murdered that day." he said, slowing Epona to a slow walk. They were near a small spring, and there were many tiny pink fairies fluttering about in the water. Link hopped off of Epona and helped Samus to the ground. "I figured we should speak with Faron-Sama, since he's helped me deal with my grief at Father's death. I think you'll like him. Faron-Sama and Meta-Knight have similar, if not identical, honor codes."

Samus nodded, "Yeah meta-kinght can be pretty full of honor." She said softly as she walked about the spring. It already working at her to create a rather soothing atmosphere rather then hectic. "This place feels so much more comforting then other places I have been to.", She said softly watching things go by.

As Link brought Epona to a halt in the center of the ankle-deep waters of the Faron Spring, a bright light shone, and a large creature that resembled a marmot appeared, holding a car-tire sized orb of pure light that made Samus remember her travels on Aether and the Luminoth. When he spoke, his voice carried a snese of regality.

"You have returned, Link. Have you found defeat at the Tournament so soon? Ah, but where are my manners? Young Lady, I am Faron, Gaurdian of this region of Hyrule. How can I assist you?"

Link's jaw dropped, since he hadn't expected such a response from Faron. He actually expected that kind of response from Faron's sister, Eldin, but not from the Forest Guardian himself. Epona simply whinnied happily as she rubbed her nose in Samus' palm.

Samus sighed as she looked around the spring. "I don't know if you can help me. I want to help link in the twilight and with this suit I doubt I will be able to resist the effects of the Twilight and even I think that my suit would just suffer the same as the humans of this world. I don't think tech protects you from ancient magic.", She said softly as she looked at Epona and smiled petting her muzzle some more and then looked back. "I... don't know if I can help Link...I think I might be a burden if I follow him into the twilight. I heard he would turn into a wolf due to the fact he has the triforce I think I heard him say. But I am a bounty hunter. Not the holder of this world's powerful relics.", She said softly as she explained her despair to the spirit or guardian of the village.

"I see. Hmm....I wonder...."

Link glanced up at Faron, who looked like he had an idea of some sort. "What's on your mind, Faron-Sama?"

"There is a new creature that has invaded the Forest Temple's inner sanctum. It's attacks employ a type of energy weapon I've never seen before now. the beam freezes everything it touches on contact, so the inner sanctum has become a palace of ice."

Link knew instantly that it was referring to one of Samus' weapons, but which one, he'd forgotten. "Sounds like it could be using one of Samus-Chan's beam weapons. I think we might find a clue as to getting back your suit if we search the Forest Temple again. What do you say, Samus-Chan?" the Ordonian asked, smiling towards teh intergalactic bounty hunter.

Samus nodded, "Of course Link and possibly we could get rid of that problem in the forest temple. I also might get my suit back to venture into the twilight with you. Hopefully as I originally predicted I will be not affected by the Twilight's effects whatever they are." She said as she looked at him and smiled.

Link smiled at her and his innocence showed, even though Ilia was pregnant with his child. The soft breeze that began blowing made not only his bangs, but also his tunic hat gently sway, and his words held a truth that couldn't be denied, even by Din, Nayru, and Farore themselves.

"Don't worry. The Twilight has invaded my world twice before. The first time, I was unprepared, and I was turned into a wolf, but I met Midna-Chan, and we worked things out. The second time, I was prevented from becoming a beast by the fact that I kept the shard that you probably saw on my dresser. This time around, I have the Light of the Goddesses, and a friend from another world to help me. I know that my new ally will be as helpful as she is beautiful, and I can say that because I've fought not only against her, but also at her side before."

Faron simply let out a deep chuckle, since he'd caught the flirtation in Link's words, even if the swordsman himself hadn't.

-----

Meanwhile, Midna prayed for Link and Samus to return safely, hoping against all odds that once her child was born, Link would love it as he would his child from Ilia.

Samus blushed as she giggled, "Yeah I guess when you done it enough you eventually just memorize things. Anyway, I ...hope to help you out further in your quest to get us back to the torny and for me to get my suit back. Hopefully the Forest Temple holds answers." She said as she looked around and then hopped on Epona and waited for him as she looked down at the swordsman and just blushed some at how he acted with such a pure heart and nothing else.

"Hey, Samus-Chan." Link said, getting in the saddle behind her. "You look really cute when you blush. I never noticed before."

The swordsman gave the reins a single snap,. and Epona cantered towards the entrance to the temple, carefully avoiding some small rabbits as she went, showing she was just as gentle at heart as Link, if not more.

Samus had kept her blush some and then nodded, "Yeah...thanks Link." She said softly as she held onto him as they moved toward the temple and to the odd distortions in the temple and so on. Samus wondered what was going on in the ruins and she often wondered if their dimensions were merging or something. Then again she did think a lot to herself when nobody was looking.

Back
Top Bottom