Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Favorite Horror Movie

Another vote for Trick r Treat here; I make sure to watch it every October. Krampus is by the same guy and has also become a yearly tradition.

Honestly, if I had one that stuck with me it was Cabin Fever. The idea of flesh eating virus still gives me icks. I can watch it now, but dang the first time I was terrified!

Event Horizon, The Thing, Ginger Snaps, Jacob's Ladder, and I'm not sure whether or not it could fall under the horror genre, but I do like The Company Of Wolves.

Mine is sort of silly and I think my choice is deeply rooted in nostalgia. Growing up in a small town, we had a few different mom-and-pop video rental locations (I just dated myself and refuse to delve any further than that!) and they always had the less popular horror movies. I love franchises like NoES and F13, but I was always drawn toward those that weren't big (some of which wouldn't become big or cult classics until years later). I think my favorite horror movie is the original Night of the Demons. It's not original. It's not well-acted. The practical FX is pretty good and Angela is iconic. It's just pure fun for me. ❤️

the original scream with drew barrymore + silence of the lambs probably gave me a bit of a 'psycho' awakening. or maybe i just have a thing for a good voice. like both of the leading men were super flirty, especially the 'what's your favourite scary movie?' scene from scream.

i also enjoy 'feminine' horror, like carrie, midsommar, black swan, pearl, JENNIFER'S BODY. the list goes on. i love horror movies.

In the Mouth of Madness. There are definitely scarier moves out there. Hell, there are plenty of better movies by the same director, John Carpenter, but there is something just magical about the final scene of the movie that just makes it a treat to watch.

Last edited:
I'm not really a fan of horror movies, but if I had to say one, it would probably be the conjuring.

Spoiler alert:
The main thing why I loved it, was because no one died in the movie, but still it manages to be scary enough for me at least. Leaves me with a happy feeling afterwards and proves that you don't need death and gore to build suspense

Back
Top Bottom