Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Favorite Horror Movie

I think Get Out easily is my most favourite horror movie. It's one of the very few horror movies for me that transcend it's genre. It's just that good.

Favorite or scariest? I love Saw, but scariest is a tie between Blair witch and The descent

I've seen The Conjuring more times than I can remember, I love it but it's on a 'no watch' list for a couple of years now until I can appreciate it again.
I've only ever enjoyed one found footage film; 'Grave Encounters' which is very high on my favourites list.
The film that fucked my head the most wasn't a horror film....INLAND EMPIRE broke me for a good couple of days.

Event Horizon. Best science fiction horror film and probably only good film by Paul W. S. Anderson... also uses the Doom door sounds in one scene.

This is a very hard question, considering i watch a lot of horror movies.

But i guess i'll have to go with Death Silence or Sinister.

Horror movies are my favourite!

Black Christmas (1974)
Sleep away camp
Friday the 13th

Hereditary consistently comes in at my top pick for Horror movies. It's just so meticulously made and presented I can find something to enjoy every time I watch it.

The Shining, obvi, for a lot of the same reasons.

Guilty pleasure...
I can't get enough found footage style horror attempts. Even if they're terrible, I will 100% sit down and watch one for no other reason than I stumbled upon it. Creep (the first one, I haven't seen the others) is actually quite entertaining and worth a watch it you've never.

Oh, and this weeeeeeird psychological horror movie called Possum. Holy shnikes was that a strange experience. See that one.

Some movies I like I'm never quite sure if they are horror. Is Psycho a horror movie? Is Stalker? Videodrome? Spoorloos?

If we're talking films that are undeniably horror, my favourites would include:
Hellraiser
The Witch
Audition
Martyrs
(original French version) - although I'm not sure I could watch it again
Ring (Japanese version)
Honourable mentions to some very creepy ghost stories: The Woman In Black (not the Daniel Radcliffe one, the 1989 British TV version, which scared the living fuck out of me), The Haunting (1963), O Whistle And I'll Come To You My Lad, and A Warning To The Curious.

Alien (SCFI)
SCREAM (Slasher)
What Lies Beneath (GHOST)
An American Werewolf in London (Werewolf)
Dusk Till Dawn (Vampire)
Zac Synders Day of the Dead (Zombie)
A Cabin In the Woods (Genre Horror)

John Carpenter's The Thing. Practical effects, story kept you guessing well past the end. It was and will always stand out first most in my mind. After it I would have to say the Exorcist. Third slot would be Alien since it was and is well beyond its time with the effects.

John Carpenter's The Thing. Practical effects, story kept you guessing well past the end. It was and will always stand out first most in my mind. After it I would have to say the Exorcist. Third slot would be Alien since it was and is well beyond its time with the effects.
Same for me. Nothing else comes close to The Thing.

• Evil Dead (I liked the remake as well!)
  • Hereditary
  • Let Me In
  • Cabin in the Woods (it’s amazing, lol)
  • Midsommar
  • Most, if not all Rob Zombie films
  • Jennifer’s Body (guilty pleasure)
  • The Shining (it’s what introduced me to the genre)
  • Jeepers Creepers (another guilty pleasure. I love a good monster look)
  • Love the classics, especially House on Haunted Hill (1959)
I probably could go on forever…

Last edited:
It was so close to being so good, it was suppose to be practical effect heavy until the suits made them go with CGI.
Yeah, I think practical > CGI 90% of the time. What works really well is the two blending together as a way to enhance to original effects, I don't think movies like Alien(s) would work very well nowadays, no matter how good the digital Xenomorphs looked.

Back
Top Bottom