Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Feedback on my Thread

What is your disappointment with the RT? No responses, the wrong kind of responses, or something else?

Not being in much for fandoms it is hard to really critique but it does seem like you have to commit a fair amount of time to finding out simple things like kinks and genres or even the specific fandoms you are interested in. But again a lot of it has to do with why are you unhappy with the responses they are driving?

You often only have a few moments of someone's time before they decide to move on to the next request. If you don't get your hooks out early, they may just slip away, losing interest before they get to what might connect the two of you. Of course if you only want to write with those that are really well endowed in the attention span department, that might be a good strategy:)

Honestly, I just worry about both of them not being as clear as they ought to be. I worry some parts might be half-assed, redundant, and all-around not appealing to anyone that might be perusing for an RP. I think it's often even a lack of response from some, though another problem is that some people probably don't read that I'm interested in them giving me a pitch. I don't need to know they are interested in something I listed, I listed it for a reason. I want to know what they will bring to the table.

I've only looked at your OC thread - I'm not a fan of Canon Fandoms, I don't do them at all, so I didn't pay a lot of attention to it other than to see its general format. It's just how I roll, that's not a slight on you.

However - seeing that both threads have similar styles, I can give you similar critique on them: colour.

Your use of coding and boxes to separate your ideas is fine and makes it easier for readers to pick out that they may or may not want.

But the sole use of white makes it a bit bland, to me - and then you hit me with a large slab of bold white, and that makes it hard. If it's important enough that you need large sections bolded to highlight them, I'd suggest that you also consider a colour that isn't so hard on the eyes at the same time.

Also, you made mention of a "new rule", but it doesn't really stand out (other than being italicised and underlines) - it just kinda...blends in. Again, highlighting with a different colour may help.

That's what jumped out at me, anyway. :)

It doesn't quickly give someone a reason to want to RP with you. I didn't get the idea that you want me to pitch something to you if I want to write with you (I tend to do that anyway when I respond to an RT as I am trying to convince you that you want to RP with me) . If I were into a fandom or an idea, I would just tell you that, hey I liked this from your thread.

It doesn't quickly give someone a reason to want to RP with you. I didn't get the idea that you want me to pitch something to you if I want to write with you (I tend to do that anyway when I respond to an RT as I am trying to convince you that you want to RP with me) . If I were into a fandom or an idea, I would just tell you that, hey I liked this from your thread.
I feel as though this part is about the pitch

"Another thing is to be prepared to converse with me, I like talking through situations with my partners and if you are approaching me you ought to give me a hook, something to interest me as well!"

Edited response: On the point about colors, I think the problem with that is it'd be really obnoxious to me personally. I get white is boring but I actually do tend to bail on people that use too many colors in their RT. I don't really like colors because some of them hurt my eyes.

I think it would help with giving feedback to know if the problem is too few responses or too many wrong responses? At first glance it seems like you have a collection of semi-random thoughts that feel like patches to the original thread and don't really draw the reader in. Instead it feels like one has been given the task of trying to collect stray thoughts like a trail of breadcrumbs that may or may not lead them to something they want to do in the first place.

I think RTs are a lot like old time newspaper articles, you got to get the jist of what you want in the first paragraph or a few bullet points. That technique can lead to lots of mediocre responses that you then have to wade through. So if that is the problem, I'd lead off with a few key weed out statements then go on to the things you want to do and presumably a potential partner would want as well.

Everyone is different, so it can be hard to give general advice without knowing what your goal is in making changes.

I'm only looking at your original prompts one as I have little knowledge of most fandoms. But I would think about the top 3 to 5 kinks or things that you like to RP and get them into either the title or the first things when you open it. Then you can start to add things about how you like to RP and some information about yourself and get more specific.

You will likely get more 'junk' responses, but it will give you the opportunity to sort the wheat from the chaff and see who responds in a way that attracts your attention. That is the sort of 'wide net' version of an RT.

I could use it again

Back
Top Bottom