Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Consumed by Fire (DigitalSiren x Vekraihr)

With that lick of his tip, Sol felt his knees almost buckle as he moaned softly and the thin line of resolve which kept his arousal tempered further waned beneath the weight of his lust. If he’d not experienced her innocence first-hand, he wouldn’t have been sure she was a virgin before him. It was rather enjoyable for him to think of how he’d opened her up to this new world of experiences and how more than willing she was to explore it with him. He silently cursed in his head the responsibilities which awaited them, damning the need to leave this moment with the teasing rather than to further delve with Orii. Sol wondered what other things she might be interested in: what would turn her on and what wouldn’t, what positions she might enjoy the most, and how their stamina might stack up to one another’s. They’d moved on, her hands on his back now and a kiss between his shoulders to express her appreciation for his praise. He’d shiver, a broad smile on his face as he wished he could see the look on her face when she spoke those words.

Her response to his assertion of their lack of sleep was everything he’d wanted and more; he loved watching that bashful response creep up in her, followed by the rise of her mischievous side as she spoke and asked him. “Avec un peu de chance, le soleil se sentira fatigué demain matin,” he stated, his tone sultry and heated as he continued, “Vous ne pourrez même pas vous tenir debout.” As he said this, he had lifted a strong hand to cradle her chin in his fingers and he kept her gaze lifted so she could see the intent on his face. His eyes burrowed deep into hers, smoldering and intense as he licked his lips a little bit before releasing her to continue with washing and stoking her fires. As she looked upon him, with that building desire overflowing from her eyes, he couldn’t help but slip his tongue forward and he gave her one long, slow lick, his tongue slithering from her entrance to the apex of her lips as he drew his head back.

As she brought the two of them closer together, Sol relaxed his head forward on her stomach as she placed it there. Something of the action felt better than comforting and it seemed so innocent but deeply intimate that he couldn’t help but feel warmth in his heart. Her nails scraped his scalp and fingers worked tirelessly into his thick, golden locks as felt repeated, intermittent chills run through him as she so lovingly focused on him. Unable to help himself, Sol’s arms wrapped around her waist and held her closer as he began to occasionally press sweet, slow kisses to her stomach, waist, and hips. Every few moments, Sol would relaxedly sigh or gently moan with pleasured contentment as his fingers traced swirls and hearts on her lower back and upper legs. With as soft as his hair had been before, Orii’s meticulous ministrations had left each strand rejuvenated and smoother than he’d ever felt and Sol found himself feeling a combination of blissed-out and horribly aroused the likes of which he never knew he could feel. As she touched his shoulder, he rose slowly to meet her. His molten golds spoke volumes of the connection he felt with her right now, even as she moved behind him and he lowered himself a little to make the effort of braiding his hair a little easier.

“Thank y—” he began before being stopped by her sweet kiss, his own lips meeting hers rapturously as a hand wrapped around her lower back. He didn’t allow her to be rid of him so quickly, letting the kiss linger for a little longer than she had seemed to intend before he grinned as he released her. “The sooner we get her the sooner we can be home again and have dinner...and other things,” he agreed happily as he stepped forth from the shower, the water on his body already starting to steam off as he stepped from beneath the steady stream of cooling water. Typically, he had no issue controlling the energy which caused him to heat up this way. But, Oriane was far from typical and the forces she exerted over him was more powerful than will alone. He lifted a towel to himself and began to carefully wring some of the excess moisture from his newly plaited locks. Certainly, Orii hadn’t taken long and was out of the shower and drying before too long. Sol watched this action of hers with great interest, loving to see her frame her figure with her touch. “You are astonishingly beautiful,” he stated with certainty and affection as he drank her in.

He walked alongside her to the living room, playfully nudging her as they walked and, when they returned to their abandoned clothes, Sol watched her dress with more than excitement for dinner written on his face. “I’m thinking we could have fettuccine...That should be easy to make, no?” he responded with a grin as he looked at her and smiled, “Plus, I can make a delicious alfredo sauce.” Slowly, he stepped within his second skin, which constricted to fit around him and outlined the still fierce arousal he plainly still felt for her. He began to pull the pieces of armor on over his suit, needing to adjust himself so that he would sit beneath in a manner that would not cause him extreme pain. At her next question, Sol grinned devilishly as he looked at her, “Well, this house is rather large. So, I suppose it would depend on how good her hearing is…” he stepped towards her, holding the last pauldron to be secured, and finished his sentence with a suggestive tone, “...and how loud I make you scream.”

Through his implants, Sol had already ordered them transport to reach the lifts back to the Spine as there were no other ways to leave the home and it would take a few minutes for the skycar to arrive. “You wanted to see how heavy this is?” he asked her as he held the pauldron towards her with a wry grin. When she grabbed hold of it, he kept the weight braced as he looked at her sternly, “It’s very heavy...Be careful.” And, with that, he began to slowly lower it to her grasp and even more slowly released it so that she could adjust to its weight as he did. All in all, just the one piece weighed nearly 50 pounds as the pauldrons were some of the larger pieces of the armor. Once she had felt the weight, Sol then lifted it from her as though it was nothing to him and he began to secure it in place and he continued to smile, his eyes wrinkled at the corners. “Impressive, no?” he asked as he reached around her with one arm and scooped her up off of her feet with his arm just beneath her ass so that, as he lifted, she would be sitting on his arm as though one would sit on the branch of a tree.

He lifted her that he might kiss her one more time before they went outside, loving the feeling of her lips against his and having their own home to appreciate each other within. Everything with this situation just felt so right and wonderful to Sol that he couldn’t help but want to continually show her how much she meant to him. After kissing her tenderly and passionately, Sol declared with ardor, “I love you with all I am, Orii.” And, with that, he led them out onto the rooftop where they had been deposited by Ace and he watched as a speck on the horizon, reflecting the gold hues of sunset, grew and moved closer towards their home before the comfortable-looking shuttle landed without so much as disturbing the air around them. It seemed this one, too, used local gravity interference to move as well.

Innocence had its own allure, she was finding. Oriane had no idea that that simple flick of her tongue would bring such a reaction. A delighted sound had left his little firebird and finding she could bring forth such a reaction. Like clay, Sol was likely to find she'd mold willingly to his own desires, but she would find her own path as well, taking on a shape of her own under his hands and together once their passions erupted would the form harden under their fires. Her question and statement had been playful though, the way his ardor and heat welcomed it. His answer caused her cheeks to flush brighter. Unless the sun in question was her sun, she doubted even their lovemaking through the night would halt it's rise, but she couldn't help the quirk of her lips at the thought of it bending to their desires. It was a silly, prideful and foolhardy desire to be sure... but one she embraced. However, when Sol confirmed that she'd be unable to stand let alone walk, Orii squeaked.

Chin cradled in his hand, he would be able to feel the strong vibrations that ran through her body as she purred, her molten gold eyes on his. Just that look, the desire, hunger, need made her swallow and shiver; a single look and Sol could rob her of thoughts. His hand fell and he began to wash her again, though like her teasing lick, Sol made her knees buckled slightly and a hand curled in his hair for a moment, fingers tightening slightly as she swayed in place. In no danger of really falling. Had her knees given way to the tease, Sol would have caught her; of this she had no doubts. His hair was only released when she felt like she wouldn't topple, though her breathing was still a tad off. Their teasing was a dangerous game. Like playing chicken, where neither had the desire to dodge the other and all it took was one to say fuck it, throw their duty to the wind and the other would crumble in their resolve. However, both dodged and she found herself with the simple pleasure of washing his hair. A task that Oriane took great care with. It was another way for her to show him her feelings, her love, as she performed the simple task.

She'd tried and failed to usher her love out of the shower, while they both were behaving, she was weak to his charms... to him period. The kiss proved that as she leaned into him, drowned in the affection he gave; equally as eager she returned the kiss until he pulled away. Blushing she smiled back, a sweet almost silly smile at the thought of dinner... and ... other things. "Pesky dinner" Was her playful remark, though, in truth she was eagerly looking forward to making Sol a meal. It was much like washing his hair, a way to show him her love in another fashion. Something, Orii was sure, she would never tire of showing him. Washed and drying she paused as she found him watching her, the compliment turning her as red as her hair. The smile on her lips was shy, though the look in her eyes was not as she walked from the room stark naked, letting him drink her body in. Before Sol, their love making... Oriane would have never considered being so bold, but he made her feel... Beautiful. More than that, sexy and desired too. That went a long way in her sudden little changes, parts of her awakening under his careful tending. Oriane was like a flower, suddenly blooming.

Not one to just watch, Sol caught up with her and nudged her playfully, to which Orii bumped her hip into his with a laugh; the sound was bright, joyous. As she dressed, she knew he was watching, though she missed her chance to tease him more, only thinking about it after her dress was pulled over her head once more. Making a note of it, she would be sure to go slower next time, loving the way his eyes lingered on her body. "Mmm that would be amazing. Perhaps we could add chicken or shrimp? Also a salad on the side... I think something light and crisp would really be a nice pairing with the rich sauce" She wouldn't mind splurging for the meat as it was to welcome them all into their new home. Watching him dress as she slipped her heels on she had asked her question, suddenly shy about Bellamere hearing them, for it was no surprise that once they were alone, Sol would be making good on his threat; one she was more than eager to fall victim to. His answer however made her flush once more, crimson as she looked up at him. "Sol!" His name louder than her next words which were hissed playfully "I would slap you, but I think I'd hurt myself more than you" Her smile made it clear she wasn't upset, even if the playful tone hadn't.

Blinking when he asked the question, Oriane nodded. She had, actually. Standing she held her hands out, not willing to try one handed, knowing already they weighed a fair bit. When he handed her the pauldron, the warning to be careful "I will" Her hands slipped on either side and as he let go, her arms lowered some under the weight. Able to hold it, yes, but Oriane couldn't imagine wearing it. Her eyes rose to his, widening. "No wonder you can lift me with ease" There was awe in her voice as he took the pauldron back from her. Solemnly she nodded, a hand rising to rest above his heart. "It is and I am amazed at how you move, period let alone with the grace you do in battle." Lips brushed the plate above his heart "But I am thankful for them." Her eyes rose to meet his. "They keep this safe" Her hand had moved over his heart again. A squeal left her as he lifted her into his arms, one strong forearm under her rear. Her arms lined around his neck as she leaned into the kiss, savoring the touch of his lips against hers. Only when he pulled away did Orii, a sigh of happiness leaving her. His declaration brought a smile to her lips. "And I love you, ma lumière" Set down she looked to the ladder, wrinkling her nose gently. "We should look at getting a lift at some point. My heels will not agree with the ladder"

Once up top she shifted into him once more as they waited, her back pressing to his chest. Not as comfortable now that he had armor on, but not so uncomfortable she had desire to not lean into him. Once the taxi had arrived, the sleek white body far different than the one they had traveled in before she slipped inside, and when he joined her, she shifted again. It seemed no matter where they were, she would desire to be closer; Oriane doubted Sol would object. The taxi took off over the golden waters and within a few moments they found themselves zipping through other landscapes as they headed for the main hub, the one they had first entered through. It wasn't the only way in and out of the boughs, but the one most frequently used. "It's silly, but I am nervous to show Maman our home" She really wanted Bellamere to like it.

Every smile of hers brought forth more of his own, radiant and jubilant in her joy as he’d never been before. Oriane had been receptive, eager, and pliable to his desires and whims in a way which he was all too excited to experiment with. There were things he’d never tried with another; desires and curiosities buried by informality and briefness now becoming available to him through the sweet, affectionate creature who blushed at his words and swooned from his touch. There was a low growl when she squeaked as Sol was learning just how much he enjoyed the saccharine nature of his beloved. Oh, how he looked forward to further corrupting that naivete and introducing her to more acts which he hoped would be both exciting and pleasing for her.

Sol felt that shudder run along her spine and could see how her throat moved when she swallowed. His eyes showed how pleased he’d been by just how much she enjoyed the way he looked at her. Even as he dropped to wash her, he kept his gaze as focused on her as he possibly could have without drawing too much of his attention away from his own teasing. Her reaction to his lick had made it very difficult for him to withhold the lust which had so quickly peaked again. It was easy to see that she, too, hung on by a mere thread and his mind raced with the thoughts of pushing back further against the instant gratification to satiate an aching, palpable desire after time had passed. The love and care she imparted when she washed his hair was not lost on Sol, the warmth in his chest a reminder of how cherished she’d made him feel. Ironic that someone who made him feel as welcome as his family had was also the newest addition to his life.

“Indeed, my love...But, patience is a virtue. Should we not be virtuous?” he playfully retorted, his salacious intents not hidden beneath any sort of veil. Sol did enjoy the idea of cooking with her in the kitchen. Something about the domestic nature of it contrasting with the rough and hardened life he’d lead for the past few years just called to his soul. There was an ache he’d not known he had but, now that Oriane was mending that feeling, Sol was realizing just how precious this time with her was to him. And, as she walked by him in all of her glory, he also realized how lucky of a man he was. Truly, an ancient culture would have revered her for her beauty and charms. Of that, he was certain as he watched her move with bated breath and a watering mouth.

Sol laughed jovially as she bumped back against him, his eyes alight and his spirits high as he wrapped his arm around her for a brief moment to let his fingers linger upon her skin. “Chicken would be quite good...Shrimp as well, but I’m thinking chicken would be the best pairing...A salad would be wonderful, too. Maybe with some arugula to get that little bit of peppery taste in the salad?” he added to her suggestion with a smile, obviously enjoying the avenues they were taking to plan out the meal. Sol was a little concerned at the cost of meat, which was not something he had ever felt too concerned with before. He wondered how people maintained their sanity without having months of expenses squirreled away on the off chance that a large expense might come up. However, he wasn’t too worried as he still had quite a sum left and more than enough liquid assets to move should they absolutely need more money.

Heartily, Sol laughed again at the hiss as he eyed her with taunting, lustful eyes even as she hissed her whispered words to him. “Well, I wouldn’t want that, darling...You can wait until later when the armor comes off again…” his tone evoked the imagery of how he’d stripped before her the first time and he even gestured for additional emphasis as he grinned broadly. He’d finished strapping the one pauldron on, then, and offered her the other. As her arms sank beneath the weight of the metallic alloy, Sol beamed proudly as she looked at him with that awestruck gaze. “And how easily I can pin you under me, too,” he added lowly in a provocative fashion, eyes half-lidded as he smoldered at her hand on his chest. “It brings me great pride for you to feel that way, love,” he responded to her as he stroked his fingers softly through her hair and met her gaze as she brought it up to him. His smile was warm and genuine and he wrapped his arm around her waist and then lowered it so he could lift her closer to him. How she’d savored his kiss left him wanting to continue for longer, but duty pressed his attention to the task at hand. “Indeed...Hard to imagine they wouldn’t have had a lift installed…” he thought aloud as he took a pensive look behind his smile, wondering if perhaps it had something to do with the home moving underwater.

As she leaned back against him, Sol smiled and gave a content sigh as he wrapped an arm around her. It seemed she wasn’t the only one who felt the connection this position brought. When the taxi arrived, Sol looked at it with curious and intrigued eyes and he saw that the craft itself was unmanned and had navigation options for wherever you would like to go. It made sense to not have living beings constantly stationed to ferry the residents on this ocean. However, because of the opulence of the Boughs, he found himself a little surprised that they didn’t have beings on hire. Or, perhaps they did, but those were all taken for the moment. Sol didn’t seem to mind the privacy, though, as he pulled Orii closer and basically had her on his lap by the time they’d fully settled in and his strong arms stayed fast around her waist as he leaned his head forward and drew in a breath of her.

“I understand, mon cheri. I sincerely hope she’ll love it as much as we do,” he said as he absently traced her thighs, hips, and lower stomach. Even without meaning to, his touches were teasing and lurid as he took another deep inhale of her, his breath leaving him in a controlled shudder as he suppressed yet another growl. “I want to devour you…” he threatened breathlessly, grasping her closer as he punctuated the sentence with a nibble to her earlobe. It wasn’t taking long for them to reach the hub with this car; the gravity displacement matrix making it feel as though they were traveling much slower than they actually were. Sol’s attention was far too focused on Orii to notice how the scenery whizzed by as they passed by trees, structures, and occasionally other cars and flying creatures. Soon, they’d be coming in to land at the transportation hub which they’d arrived from in what was veritably the center of the Boughs themselves.

Once they’d landed, Sol took a moment as the car opened its domed roof and he lifted Orii with that same strength he’d displayed so many times before. Carefully, he stepped from the car and he placed her feet gently to the ground next to him and offered his arm for her to twine herself with and through. Or, alternatively, she could squeeze herself between the gap between it and his body. He wasn’t picky in how she was close, it merely mattered that she was at his side and happy. “I’m wondering if we should use a moving service to get all of yours and Maman’s things from the old place to our new one. Save us a little of the headache of moving. Unless you wanted to take your time doing that with me over the next few days,” he offered two avenues and seemed to favor neither as both would give him the opportunity to get to know her and spend time with her in different capacities. Sol had a very good poker face, not showing how flustered he was except through his eyes which he kept fixed on her with that hungering desire smoldering just for her. Carefully, he brought them both aboard a lift and requested politely that they be brought to The Spine and he felt a different eagerness growing at the thought of welcoming Bellamere to a new home.

The longer she was in his presence, the more sure Oriane was that Sol was trying to make her daft... or them daft; not that she did anything to help the burning desire that seemed stoked between them without issue. He was not alone in the lingering touches, stolen kisses or hungry eyes. Oriane found great trouble in not wanting to throw everything aside and spend time in his arms, learning how to love him. She wished to know how her touches would cause him to react. Would he growl at her? Quake beneath her? Sigh or moan in pleasure? There were less lewd curiosities that lingered too. Was Sol ticklish the biggest one she could find for the moment. As they both danced around what they wanted to do and should do, the pair managed after some time to end up mostly dressed. She had made a pouty sound when he'd asked if they should be virtuous, her lovely mouth pulling into a clear pout.. They should, of course, but it didn't make her wish to be less so. To be selfish and have her cake and eat it too.

Oriane shivered when he offered to let her slap him afterward. Her fangs flashed and she gave Sol a delicate feminine growl. "I'd rather use teeth or nails" The words said with an innocent cadence, though the meaning was clear. If she laid her hands on him, it would be with pleasure in mind; for Orii had found, in their brief time together thus far, she was a fan of biting as well as digging her nails into his skin. Biting her lower lip, a small, pleased part of her wondered if he still bore marks from their love making and then a more delighted part of her wondered if she did. He had distracted her with his pauldron and then chased the distraction and stoked her desire one more. The golden eyes that met his were molten gold and her temperature spiked. Inhale. Exhale. Orii breathed to calm herself and smiled softly, praising her love for his agility and the fact that his pauldrons would keep him safe. The hand that found her hair earned him a purring sound and the kiss was met with barely restrained desire.

It was hard not to love the way he cradled her into his body while they waited for the taxi, nor the way she'd not even been given a chance for her own seat; not that she wouldn't have placed herself in his lap had he not dragged her into it. She was trying to be a good girl, but he was slowly driving her mad with his gentle touches. She knew it wasn't even on purpose, the gentle touches lacked any of the purpose his others had held. Was that better or worse, Orii couldn't help but wonder. And then, that restraint broke as he shuddered and all but growled at her what he wanted. Her response was breathless. "Unless I am very much mistaken, you already have" Her cheeks were bright pink. By the time the taxi landed Oriane was a trembling ball of nerves. His teeth, hands having unraveled the feeble wall she'd been trying to erect. Pulled from the taxi in his arms and set on the ground, she slipped under his arm, curling in close.

"Mmmn.. I don't want strangers touching my things" She had considered both options and while her treasures were likely of no value, they were hers. "besides, it's an expense we don't need" They were not poor, but they... Well Sol had just bought them a house. It was something the two or even three of them could do without too much of a struggle. Besides, it would give her more time with him... If they hired movers, she'd need to go back to work far sooner. Inside the lifts, she was still pressed against his side, her head resting on his chest. The doors slid open and she shifted. Slipping from under his arm, she held her hand out to him. She hadn't missed him calling her Maman and now she smiled up at him. "Lets go get Maman and then go shopping for dinner." Her fingers laced with his and she playfully tugged him out of the lift. "My treat and I will not hear a single word otherwise Mister!" She glared at him playfully for a moment before leading him down the pat towards her old home.

Bellamere was beside herself with worry. People had seen Oriane and Sol in the morning but not since. She was sitting at the dining room table, trying to not pace back and forth when the pair entered. Spitting anger faded almost instantly when she caught sight of the pair. Oriane had a glow about her and for the matter so did Sol. Her mouth closed and she made a hmph noise, though within she smiled. She could hazard a guess as to why the pair seemed to be aglow, but she would never ask. It wasn't her business. "And just where have you two been?!" She crossed her arms and tried her best to look stern. Orii slipped away from Sol and embraced the grumpy Bella, hugging her. "We have a surprise, but first we are going to go shopping first!" her voice was happy and cheery and she held her hand to Bellamere and the other to Sol. She didn't want to tell her just yet... Wanting to draw the surprise out. Once both hands were in hers, she happily pulled them both towards the door. "Shopping? Shopping for what?" Bella asked as she was dragged out the door. A happy, exuberant Oriane was hard to contend with, one simply wished to make that happiness continue and fall in line to be a part of it.

There had never been a more important force in Sol’s existence other than the dual forces of light and dark— photons and gravitons— which defined who he was and his capabilities as a Solarian. At least, not until now. Oriane had awoken within him things far more powerful than these fundamentals: love, protectiveness, desire. These things, while felt previously and transiently, had never felt quite so important to him as they did now. Sol looked forward to discovering more of his young beloved’s quirks and interests. Would she enjoy being bound and deprived of her senses, left only to feel his alluring touch and hot breath on her skin? Would she grow uncontrollably excited every time he looked at her in that way only he could see? Would her voice quiver and whimper with anticipation? And, he also had other curiosities about what she enjoyed for entertainment, what cultures she liked the most, and what she enjoyed doing when left to her own devices. Her pout at his assertion of virtue made him grin; he’d wanted exactly that reaction for he had no desire of being virtuous, either.

Oriane bared fangs at him and a sweet-sounding (to him) growl rose from her as she responded to him in an unexpected, but quite welcomed, manner. Her words were met with a deep growl of his own and he grinned deviously as he responded, “I’ll look forward to that...I do quite enjoy your marking of what’s yours.” He arched his neck, revealing the part the second skin was now covering and the small wounds left behind by her biting in emphasis to his words. Sol loved how his intensity was reflected by those golden pools of hers and he found himself wishing to get lost beneath their surface. Another time...damnable patience he had to exert. He’d much rather have taken that flustered girl again...Pin her against the wall after that comment of her teeth and nails. Her purr tempered his desire to be more affectionate which helped him suppress a small bit of that desire that welled up within him. But, only just so.

He felt the way his little firebird warmed at his touches and he couldn’t help but want to press further. His iron resolve was already faltering when she spoke those breathless words and he growled softly at her as he started to direct one of his hands lower on her stomach. “I know...But I want to again…” his hand pressed a little lower, purposefully his fingers crossing over her waistline. His lips brushed her ear. “And again…” his fingers reached between her thighs, pressing the fabric of her dress towards her. He nipped at her earlobe sensually, “And again…” he growled it this time, his fingertip reaching the apex of her womanhood and pressed slowly over her sensitive bead. “And again…” he was breathless himself, now, as he shuddered while pulling his hand away. He'd never felt so warm inside and so amorous towards someone. There was an incredible amount of restraint within the action, but he found himself regaining his composure quickly as they left the taxi.

“Indeed...And I have a few gadgets I can use to help make it much easier...Plus, that means we can spend time packing away your things and you can tell me about the stuff that’s important to you and stories about how you got your things,” he sounded hopeful and happy about the prospect, intrigued to know what made her tick and what caught her interest and why. As she slipped from beneath his arm, he felt a mild coldness from how warm she’d been against him. He adored the fire within her, as it reflected the emotional nature of the sweet girl. His fingers laced with hers and he held her firmly and securely as he stepped from the lift and brought her as close as he could. “I’ll be happy to allow you to...After all, what’s a husband and wife supposed to do besides sharing everything?” her playful glare was met with his playful retort, hoping to get a further rise from that adorable creature. His eyes glimmered brightly, golden hues alight with the flecks of metallic sheen.

As they entered to greet Bellamere, Sol could feel the palpable worry from her and he instantly felt regret for not leaving her a note letting her know they were safe and sound. He’d have to ensure she had a communicator, too, if she’d not had one already. He noted how she smiled at the two of them, Sol’s aura still having a mild presence which gave him a literal glow along with the metaphorical one he also held. Bella knew, he was sure of that. Her attempt at sternness was cuter more than anything else and it was only added to by the bubbly Orii’s bounding to her to hug her. “I’m sorry, Maman. We had some business to attend to and got carried away in it. I’m sorry to have worried you so,” he sounded sincere and happy, looking at her with warmth in his eyes and an eagerness for what was to come. He glanced over to Orii, the warmth intensifying and a mixture of desires entering as he did. He took her hand happily, eager to continue onwards with her, and, with that, they were headed out the door. “Yes, Orii and I are going to treat you to an absolutely lovely dinner this evening,” he responded to her asking about what they were shopping for.

Sitting at that dark wooden desk of his, Dr. Stryke’s pale gray locks were a little more unkempt than usual and his pale blue hues were visibly agitated. “What do you mean he’s bought a house in the Boughs? Certainly, a cretinous bounty hunter couldn’t afford to save enough money to afford it here?!” disdain was apparent in his voice as he spoke over his communicator. A female voice responded, “Indeed, he has. Financial records indicate the transaction was completed this afternoon.” Tremarius’s fist slammed onto the surface of his desk and he hissed out, “I will NOT have him rooting around in my own backyard! This must be dealt with at once!” His anger was evident as his face turned crimson and a vein bulged in the side of his head. Twice he’d been made a fool of and he wasn’t about to allow any further transgressions.

“Of course, Dr. Stryke...Your financial contributions should prove more than useful in allocating the resources to expedite our investigation,” the voice responded, acknowledging a transaction had taken place in some manner. And, recently, too. Tremarius cleared his throat as he inhaled deep through his nose, trying to regain his composure. “Good… Be sure to see that it does… I would hate to have to oust such an esteemed member of station security,” his tone was anything but gentle, the harsh warning delivered with a firm message. A stalwart response came forth, unshaken by the threats made by the doctor. “Of course, sir. The necessary preparations are already underway. The threat to your life shall be dealt with before the week is over.”

They were not the same, her life had not been a transit experience between people, it wasn't that surprising though. Oriane had had for the most part a stable life. Her mother and father, Bellamere. Friends came and went, but that was just yet another part of life. She was still in contact with some, but they had their own lives, children to raise. However, Sol and Orii lined up perfectly in their feelings for one another. While she knew what it was to protect someone, Bellamere a perfect example, they both were new to protecting their mates. Sol didn't need her protection, Oriane knew this and like the night before, the man was likely to throw himself in front of a bullet for her. She however could protect other things than his body. His mind and heart now firmly were hers to care for and in truth, had Sol suddenly changed his mind, he would have found a vicious little thing less willing to simply let go. Though, Orii didn't think that he ever would; had she, she wouldn't have fallen with such ease.

The growl and then the showing of her marks made Oriane tremble with joy and something far less pure. A delighted purr left Oriane and her hand moved to cover where his own mark lay. The brief reprieve from the desire that seemed to spark fire like fuel drenched kindling flared up once in the taxi. It was Sol and his hands and his words and his teeth that made her squirm in his lap, breathless and needed all over. Lucky that there was no driver for when his finger had brushed that bead she'd moaned, unable to help the reaction, cheek burning. Luckily for her, his teasing went both ways and he wasn't left in a much better state than she. Outside the taxi, she took a moment to smooth her dress and regain her breath. Snuggled under his arm she had whispered "You are incorrigible Sol" The words held laughter though, for Oriane wasn't not much better.

Her smile was shy at his enthusiasm of packing away her life to move it into their new home. It was endearing and she nodded, her hand finding his. "I'd really like that" She would, sharing as much of herself with him as she could. Tilting her head as they descended into the depths of the station, Oriane gazed up at him. "Do you have things as well, on your ship?" She was curious about anything that her love had decided was worth keeping. Slipping from the lift hand in hand she lifted a brow and smiled at him, nose wrinkling playfully. "Ahhhh, but you told a lie. We are not married." She held her hand out and offered a playful pout. "Hmm. Nope. No ring on this finger" She wiggled the finger in question. In all honesty, Oriane was just giving Sol a hard time. Ring or no, it didn't change what they were. They were mates and now mated. Something in her body knew this as a fact. Something animalistic and old. Nothing would ever change that she'd given him her heart.

Orii was completely oblivious to the fact that Bellamere knew what had occurred between them, of how she seemed to glow with her happiness. When sol told her that they would be treating her to dinner she looked to her clothing, still in her coveralls. "I don't think I am dressed for a restaurant" Oriane shook her head "We are going to cook Maman" This only earned them a small frown. They could cook in their small home, but it wasn't easy. "Okay" Bella's voice sounded doubtful and Orii just smiled leading her into the lifts. Her ever polite request was given and the lift began to rise. Oriane didn't bother to hide how she leaned against Sol's arm, that closeness not something she was willing to battle against. The whole while Bellamere watched the pair. Something had happened and she could hazard a guess or two as to what. It made her smile, seeing her girl so happy and Sol seemed equally enamored with Oriane; it warmed her heart.

The lifts opened and Orii led them both out, this time she didn't need Sol to clear her path. The happiness she felt was felt in her body temperature, a small wave of hear proceeding her. It wasn't hot enough to burn anyone, but Bellamere was glistening in the warmth. She was used to the heat and to Oriane when she was happy though. People moved from the heat and looked at the trio curiously. Many knew who she was and smiled, happy that she was happy. She had that effect, as if her good mood was contagious. She didn't need to look up the recipe, as it was something she'd always wanted to make. Flour, eggs, olive oil and salt. Four ingredients and they would have fresh pasta. Purchasing what they'd need from each vendor in turn.. Chicken, peppery arugula, fresh tomatoes.. She took her time, enjoying the process of picking the ingredients, looking to Sol for his opinion often.

Oriane knew she had the credits, so she didn't bother to check... Had she, Oriane might have noticed a difference in her balance. The fact that because someone had let it slip what she was, her name, money had been transferred without question. Her kind were rare and therefor the wealth that had been built up by her kind, her family and ancestors was now hers. Funnily enough, she now had money to burn, should she need it. It wasn't until, snuggled into Sol's side, getting ready to pay that she noticed. Her face blanching, eyes widening. Looking to Sol her eyes narrowed. Was it because of him she had this money? "Sol?" When he looked at her she showed him the balance and frowned. It wasn't him, she knew that.. Somehow. But.. where? She didn't want to spend it, what if it was some ploy? A new and different way to easily remove her.

There was, without question, a deep feeling of possessiveness which Sol was feeling towards her and, along with it, a desire to protect her against all odds. As they’d proclaimed so many times, he was hers and she was his, and he would rather risk death than allow someone to come between them. He’d not fallen for anyone quite as he had with her. Her precious attitude, that innocent spirit, and sweet warmth merely served to fuel the man’s desire to guard her. He’d vowed to himself that, for as long as he could, he would ensure she never wanted for a thing.

With her delighted purr, Sol’s bright jubilation further emboldened as he looked at her with love and sinful desire apparent in his golden hues. They were lucky there were not any others within the taxi, as Sol couldn’t help but continue those teases until she had called out in that sweet voice of hers. His breaths came in slow, deep drags of ragged heat as he seemed discomforted as he had been before when his armor was constricting him so unpleasantly. Around him, the air distorted and shimmered with warmth as they left the taxi and he took deep, slow breaths to regain himself. After a fashion, he was able to reduce the heat in his veins, and in his core, the air slowly calming around him. When she chided him about his unsavory behavior, he grinned broadly and leaned towards her a bit. “You love it and you know it,” he teased back as he laughed heartily and squeezed her figure against his body. “Besides, it’s not like you’d stop me.”

Sol brightened when she mentioned that she’d like to share her life with him in such a way, eyes alight and his pearly whites on display as he chuckled warmly. “Fantastic, I’ll be glad to hear you talking so much. I do have a few things...I’ll be sure to tell you all about each of them,” he said with a warm look on his face, seeming to wax a little nostalgic as he thought of the small little trove of treasures he’d collected. As she taunted him and playfully pouted about the ring, he looked coyly pensive as he nodded and pursed his lips slightly. “You know...You might be on to something there. And that finger is certainly missing a ring,” he responded intently as he leaned in towards his mate. “I will make you my bride...In due time,” his words were a threat but his tone was a promise, his eyes burning with passion as he looked at her. There was another force between them; primal and pure without the trappings of higher thoughts or conflicted emotion. Not that there were any emotions at conflict within Sol, however. Body, mind, and spirit; the two of them had joined in ways difficult to comprehend with words or expression.

Bellamere’s reticence was understood but misplaced, as she would soon find out. Sol could see her glance at the small kitchen and then eye the particularly large form of himself with an apparent dubiousness. “Indeed, we’re going to make a wonderful meal for us tonight,” he added with a smile and he looked to Bella with happiness obvious in his eyes. As they moved onwards, Sol took after Orii’s lead as she seemed so keen on leading them towards some particular shops. Her happiness was indeed contagious, as he grinned further and looked around eagerly in the market. Sol didn’t know that they were still outputting quite a lot of heat for most normal peoples, though he did see how they seemed to clear a path. Sol began picking the things he would need to make the sauce; garlic, various cheeses, heavy cream, butter, and black pepper, among other things.

He pulled Orii closer, squeezing her body towards him as she snuggled up under his arm and against his side. As Oriane was preparing to pay and pulled the balance to display on her communicator, Sol’s face took on an expression of surprise before his brow furrowed. Leaning closer, his expression grew deeply pensive as he blinked a couple of times. “Let me see here…” he mumbled softly as he moved his hand up and gestured over her communicator to check the origins of the transaction to ensure it came from legitimate sources. As he investigated, it seemed as though it came through the proper legal channels and he was able to trace some of the information back to a company responsible for providing financial services specifically pertaining to those of her race. “This...It wasn’t me, but it’s legal, as far as I can tell. There is a trust fund that is made available to those of your race and this is your portion of it, it seems,” he seemed fairly confident on this but his demeanor remained inquisitive and curious.

Sol seemed to consider it further, looking as though he was deep in thought. But, the entire time, he never released his little firebird from his comforting hold and he seemed to grow more assured. “You know what, it should be absolutely fine, my love. Go ahead, it’s yours,” he encouraged her with confidence, his eyes reflecting his resoluteness as he beamed at her. “I must admit, it makes me a little glad that you might not have to work if you don’t want to anymore...I dislike how those who rely on you are so quick to look down on you.”

Cheeks still bright pink she had cleared her throat. "I didn't say I didn't enjoy it." She said primly, clearing her throat. "However, that doesn't change the fact that you are" Cuddled into his side, Oriane felt safe. She had felt that way with him since the moment they had met. Sol had saved her, but it was more than that. It would have been hard to explain how she felt this way so soon after meeting him. She could say they were mates, but if one lacked that experience of knowing somehow that one was bound to another, like the missing piece of a puzzle, it might seem odd. Oriane might have had trouble believing it, the idea was romantic and charming in theory... But trying to put her mindset before she had met Sol, Oriane wondered if she would believe a friend in her position. Fairy-tales didn't happen in real life... yet here she was.

"I'd really like that" Biting her lower lip she smiled up at him. "Could I see your ship when we go to collect your things?" She had only been on the one ship and was honestly excited to see what his was like. The carrier she'd been on had been old and in all honesty dilapidated. A rust bucket that likely shouldn't have been flying, she doubted Sol had such a craft. In her mind, she pictured a sleek craft, modern. Laughing the hand in question brushed his cheek, lovingly as she wrinkled her nose at him playfully. "Was that a threat loved one?" Her own eyes matched his and she paused long enough to press a kiss to his chest, hand falling away. "In truth, I don't need a ring" The response was terribly shy and her lashes lowered as she averted her gaze. "I know what we are to one another. What you are to me... A ring will not somehow validate us further" She felt no rush for him to make her his bride, when she was all but not including that silly ring. It didn't mean she didn't want to be his bride though.

The credits were numerous and in truth, made her feel uneasy. Curling into Sol while he investigated, searching down how exactly she had gotten the money. Listening to him explain she frowned some. "Why now though?" Her voice softened and tinged with a slight hint of fear. She had heard things about her race, some problems they faced... But they were so rare, it was hard to tell if the rumors were true. The fact that she was now "known" made her uneasy. Frowning up at him she shook her head. "I don't want it.." A thought occurred to her then and Orii's frown deepened. "Is there anyway to find out about my family?" The voice was not her normally bubbly self, nor was it scared.. It was almost childlike, as she wondered about her real parents. She would always see her human parents as her parents, but if she could know those who had given her birth?

His question however earned him a smile and she chuckled. Leaning against him her lips brushed his jaw. "I'd rather keep working and let Maman retire" her eyes shifted to Bellamere who was watching the pair with soft, happy eyes. She knew her girl was scared, but she saw the way Sol seemed to envelop her in his arms, cuddling her close and making sure she was safe. How could she want anything else for Oriane? When Orii suggested she stop working her eyes widened. "Mon chérie, that is your money" She stopped mouth open at the look Oriane was giving her. She knew that look. "And what would you have me do day in and day out young lady?" She demanded, crossing her arms, glaring at the stubborn girl; how she loved her. "I don't know Maman, something you want to do?" In truth, she didn't know what Bellamere might want to do, they had never had much free time.

"Mon chérie... I have never really had the need for a hobby, I wouldn't know what to do." Her smile sharpened and her eyes twinkled. "And if I am not wrong I may not want to be home when you are both home" Wiggling her brows she laughed as Oriane turned beat red. Orii squeaked and turned her face into Sol's chest, mortified. A small whine left her as she heard Bella laughing. "Come now, it wasn't hard to tell something had happened." Bellamere's voice softer. "You are almost glowing sweetheart." Oriane peeked at Bella and smiled shyly, though she didn't leave Sol's embrace, Bellamere was quick to note. This wasn't normal what was between them and it made her heart fill with joy. "If you insist on me retiring" Oriane immediately nodded and Bella laughed. "Perhaps I will take one of those fancy "cruises" I have always wanted to go on. Meet myself a nice man" Wiggling her brows at the pair.

His eyes dialed in on her like a hungering beast as he growled out, “Good...You’d do well not to lie to me...Otherwise, there’ll be punishment in store for you.” His tone seemed to convey that he might have had a different view on what punishment would mean for her than it would for anyone else. Their dynamism ensured that Sol felt nearly compelled at every turn to ensure she knew how desirable he found her. Oriane was, after all, his soul mate and he burned for her much as a star burns to light the heavens. As they walked along, Oriane cradled into him, Sol felt a rightful sense of purpose in the way he held her and how she enjoyed the shelter he provided. As daft as it might have seemed to an outsider, he fell for her completely and unequivocally.

When she asked if she could see his ship, Sol brightened and his eyes sparkled energetically as he replied, “Of course! Where else would you be while we’re undertaking our first big venture together?” He grinned broadly, eyes wrinkled at the corners as he nuzzled against the hand that brushed his bristly cheek. “A threat; a promise...Both are the same,” he replied candidly as his eyes burned with hers, and then he exhaled a loving sigh as she kissed his chest. Despite the armor, he felt a tingle run along his spine and his heart jumped a little at the simple act of affection. As she spoke on with that sincere shyness, Sol lifted a hand beneath her chin and lifted her gaze a little to face him as he beamed. “Of course, I feel the same, my firebird...The ring is not to validate us but more to inform others as to who belongs to whom. Although, I’m just as glad to leave my mark on you in other ways,” his voice was warm with the first word and, by the last, had shifted towards a provocative gruffness.

“Well, it has become common knowledge of what you are, it would seem. And, perhaps those that would wish you out of the picture reached out in order to provide you with the financial means to do so,” Sol felt a little like a paranoid conspiracy theorist saying such a thing, but they truly did have people out for their blood and worse. As she continued and her voice softened to the nearly child-like level that it had, Sol braced her against him with a hand on her lower back and he pulled her head into his chest. Brushing his fingers through her hair, he spoke with a more comforting, paternal voice, “My sweet little firebird, we could look into finding out more about your family, if that is what you wish. I have the means at my disposal as a bounty hunter, and I’m sure the agency that provided the money may also have a way...But, it is something I will leave alone unless we decide to look further, yes?”

As she brushed her lips against his jaw, he turned to kiss her forehead affectionately and he gave her a reassuring squeeze of his hand. Her suggestion to give Bella the money didn’t seem like too bad an idea, but Bella quickly began to shut down the suggestion as Sol turned his head a little in her direction. She continued and glowered at Oriane in a way only a mother could and Sol remembered his own mother giving him the same affectionate, obstinate look. Then, shockingly, Bella pointedly expressed her knowledge of their carnal exploration of each other and Sol bit his lower lip from the inside to keep himself from laughing with a mixture of amusement at her bluntness and at Orii’s delightful reaction to it. When her head buried into his chest, he dug his fingers into her hair and stroked her scalp soothingly. Sol did note that both of them were rather exuberant after, his own aura still lightly shimmering at the edges of his skin and framing him in thin, gossamer sheen.

When Bella wiggled her eyebrows at them, Sol couldn’t help the hearty belly laugh which bellowed from him and he shook his head. “Bella, you really are something,” he playfully retorted, wagging his finger at her a little bit as he smiled. “In truth, we shouldn’t have the need for such a sum of money because I haven’t any intention to quit working for some time since it’s the easiest way to travel from system to system without much of a wait for clearance,” he began as he looked down to Orii with a bright smile. “I promised her the stars and to see the galaxy, and I want to make good on that,” he said with affection as he brought his hand around from the back of her head and brushed her cheek with his thumb, cupping her jaw. “So, if you want to take a ‘cruise’ and find yourself a suitable gentleman, you’ll be quite able to afford it and Orii and I will be quite easily able to do the things we wish to as well. We won’t miss this money at all,” Sol insisted along with his love, wishing to provide Bella with a comfortable existence to take care of the one who took care of his beloved for so long.

“Anyway, let’s finish up here and get home...I’ve been hungry ever since she told me she wants to make homemade pasta. She really knows how to stimulate a man’s appetite,” Sol’s gaze went back to Orii, and his eyes revealed the hidden meaning behind his last statement. In truth, Bella probably could have surmised as much as well. Nearby, a nondistinct voice rose to encourage, “Yes, please...All your lovey-dovey talk is too much for me.” Sol glared in the direction he’d heard the voice but didn’t seem to see anyone and he looked to Orii and shook his head. “Nevermind that, some are just jealous of what they don’t have,” he said with a brusque as Nyen seemed to swirl and flare with energetic prominences. Once everything was paid for, Sol leaned in to whisper into Orii’s ear, quiet enough that Bella wouldn’t hear, “Allow me to command the lift with my implants so that Bella doesn’t hear where we’re going, okay?”

Her brows lifted and she couldn't help herself. "Mmmn, I see. When you say punishment, my love, what exactly do you mean?" The question itself was innocent enough, but the way her golden eyes shimmered told a different story. Her smile echoed her voice when she laid a hand on his chest. "Have I ever told you how much I adore that sound?" Biting her lower lip Oriane shifted in place, that telltale rubbing of her thighs told Sol just how much she enjoyed the way he growled at her. Cuddled into his side and that warmth he put off, she felt like they had been designed for one another. The image of two puzzle pieces coming to mind once more. It only solidified that they had been made for one another, not that Orii had any doubts of such a thing. Any fears that might have been between them never surfaced. They were whole together and she'd never known before she'd been missing him. "It's odd to think, I felt whole before meeting you... But I can't imagine you not being in my life now. It's like you've always been here" Her words soft and amorous.

Laughing she smiled up at him, her dainty fangs flashing. "Good! I would have sulked had you decided to say no" It was the truth and she felt no need to hide who she was with him. Why hide who she was. Sol had never once made her feel bad for who she was, somehow she doubted he would start now. "A threatening promise, is it now?" Smiling brightly she shook her head. "I will have you know I do not negotiate with terrorists or Vikings!" The image in her mind was an echo of one from before. Sol tossing her over his shoulder and carrying her away to have his way with her. Like the chase, the idea appealed to her greatly. The nickname drew a delighted purr from her and she curled into him, his words making her shift once more, her arousal at the idea of her skin bearing his marks and his hers was tempting in ways she couldn't begin to explain. It spoke to that primal part of her, the one that lived to be chased, captured and ravaged by her mate. Shivering she exhaled, the sigh leaving her in a huff.

While he'd been checking the credits that had just suddenly appeared, she'd been worrying and in truth, his words did not soothe her. A small spike of panic rose in her breast and she looked away. They could talk about it later and she wondered if he would be completely honest with her. Oriane didn't think he would lie for anything other than her protection, but to keep her safe, or keep her from worrying about the endless what ifs? She could see Sol withholding the truth... but even then, she found herself trusting he would try to be honest, vowing to keep her safe. her brave mate would do no less. And while the idea that Sol would keep her safe, she recalled the wound he'd suffered. Shaking herself as if to unsettle the dread that was trying to settle in her bones she looked up at him, asking her child-like question. Orii couldn't help but wonder what had happened to them. Why she'd been left alone as a small child without someone to look after her. Nodding she curled closer to him for a moment, seeking the comfort of his arms. Eye closed, she waited for the moment of vulnerability to pass, his hand stroking her silky locks soothing her.

A smile played at her lips as his own brushed her forehead. Her hand shifted and her fingers laced with his own, thumb brushing against the back of his hand as if he was her worry stone and the constant connection soothed her... and it did. As Bellamere laid out, she knew Oriane was mortified. "Maman!" her words a hiss and her cheeks as bright as her fiery locks. Groaning softly against his chest at the thought that they were so... obvious. Peeking at Bella while Sol's hand curled in her hair she stuck her tongue out at the older woman who in return did the same. Sighing, she shifted, cuddling her back against the firmness of Sol's chest. "If you wanted to Maman, I would happily help." There was nothing but love in her voice and Bella's eyes softened as she listened to the pair. Tipping her head she smiled at Sol, when he spoke of showing her the stars and when his hand cupped her jaw, she purred, the sound delighted and purely content. It only caused Bellamere to smile brighter as she watched Orii nuzzle her cheek into his hand, the action very kittenish. "Very well, then I will look into it, if it would make you both happy"

Bella smiled, not missing the other meaning behind his words. "Should I buy myself some headphones while we are in the market?" Bellamere couldn't hold back her laughter as her innocent girl went beat red again, curling into Sol once more. "I'm now planing to poison you both" Was Orii's tart reply, though neither likely believed that she would. It was like the sun saying it would refuse to rise. A clear lie. Lifting her head, she looked up at Sol, a frown clearly on her face. There was a question in her eyes, who had said that? Nodding she frowned, eyes scanning the crowd. Why would someone be so... mean? It didn't make sense to her. She would have been happy to see others happy like they were. Rather than letting that feeling linger she nodded. Paying and leaving she smiled at Sol and nodded again. She hadn't thought of that, it would be a big surprise and Oriane couldn't help but be a little nervous for Bella's reaction. Her hand in his tightened ever so slightly, speaking to her nerves.

“Push me far enough and you’ll find out,” he growled out to her as he grinned devilishly, his golden eyes flaring with powerful energy and Nyen’s surface roiled with energetic loops. Her provocative innocence would do him in, that was for certain. Her pleasure at his growling was certainly known to him, whether she had said so or not. “You have, in so many words and without a single one,” he answered as his gaze fell towards her shifting thighs and he swore he could hear the metal plates groaning against the pressure of his arousal. He had to find something better to wear around this girl. As the two walked, joined at the hip, Sol took the time to calm his thoughts a little and ease the pain building between his legs. Orii seemed to revel in his warmth and he marveled at how the two of them seemed fit for just each other alone and, in this vast Universe, found each other on the whim of a jealous man. “I couldn’t agree more, my beloved… You are like my very own satellite...Orbiting me and balancing me all at once, much as Luna does for Terra. Tu es ma lune,” he responded saccharinely, his expression as warm as could be as he squeezed her towards him.

Sol laughed in response to her, smiling with that flash of her fangs and his eyes sparkled jubilantly. “As you should, if I say no. Maybe if you pout hard enough, you’ll get what you want anyway,” he prodded her teasingly, a broad grin on his face as he chuckled with mirth. In truth, he found her very nature to be alluring and sweet, however juvenile it might seem to another. It was who she was, and he wished to encourage her to not hide who she was with him. As she continued, the way her voice lingered at the mention of Vikings and the images he knew had to be rushing through her head...He couldn’t help himself but smirk sensually at her as he further provoked her with talk of markings and territory. “It’s a shame I shouldn’t touch you more right now…” he mused, seeming genuinely encouraged to the edge of throwing caution to the wind and pushing her into a back alley. He did, however, slide his hand to her ass and he gave her a firm squeeze before wrapping his hand back over her waist. His idle fantasy sent a slight shiver up his spine as he thought of the thrill of being just out of sight but so easily discoverable.

As her worry increased, his brow furrowed momentarily with frustration before he soothed it away and returned himself to a calm, caring appearance. He wished for her to be able to rely on him and feel safe within his arms. And, while he had no doubts that she did, he felt a little bad that he wasn’t able to do anything at the moment in order to further assuage her concern other than embrace her. However, he was all too happy to continue holding her and held her by the back and head in a way that was simultaneously supportive and protective as his fingers traced through the long curls of hair that billowed around her. As she drew closer, his grip on her tightened to the point where he might have been concerned for her ability to breathe had he not been able to hear the proof of it himself. This wasn’t the way he’d have her vulnerable and he would do everything he could to protect her from those who might try to take advantage of such moments.

With her smile, his own returned more fully and his eyes wrinkled a little as he found his fingers lacing with hers and he felt her soft caress on the back of his hand. If all she needed to calm down was this, Sol would be happy to provide it for her at any time. Sol couldn’t help but chuckle softly at how delightfully bashful Oriane was about the whole situation and Bella’s relentless ambuscade on Orii’s mortification. He loosened his grasp enough for her to be able to turn easily before securing her against his statuesque figure once again. A soft sigh escaped him as he nestled his head a little towards her hair briefly, enjoying the softness on his face and the smell of her surrounding him. At her feline behavior, Sol couldn’t help but smile and offer a delighted ‘Mmmm’ as he gazed lovingly at the sweet creature in his grasp. His eyes were resplendent with ardor and love and Sol noticed Bella’s happiness within the moment the two lovers shared. He was glad Oriane had such a supportive and loving woman to care for her. Though, now that he thought about it, she was likely taking care of him too, in a way.

At her following question, Sol couldn’t help but laugh with Bella as he shook his head slowly and grinned. “You know, that might save everyone some trouble. It is difficult to reserve oneself in moments of passion,” he spoke truthfully and, he hoped, without too much vulgarity. With Orii’s sharp threat, Sol laughed heartily and nudged her a little bit. Tsk tsk. Where are your manners? I think I’ll punish you, yet…” his voice lowered to a nearly inaudible grumble as he drew his lips closer to her ears so she and only she heard the last of it. Had they not any better plans, Sol might have sought out who made that comment to give them a piece of his mind. However, he didn’t need to be quite so violent in order to impress Orii. She was impressed with the other facets of his character and, honestly, it was likely to make him a better person overall and he would find himself grateful to her for that later in life.

Once they were on their way, Sol could feel the anxiety rising in Oriane and he couldn’t help but feel a small twinge of it himself. There were, after all, many different tastes to account for and he was uncertain as to how Bella would react to their new home. Sol took the lead, guiding them back towards the lifts and, when all of them were securely within he silently commanded the lifts to take them up to the Celestial Boughs. Thankfully, with the way these gravitic lifts operated, there was no tell-tale jerk or sensation of motion. Only a smooth, consistent feeling almost as though one was standing still, save for those brief moments of transition between the levels where gravity was a little less consistent. Before long, the doors opened up to that beautiful vista of distant hills and mountains, with flowers and verdant fields abound and that wonderful forest off to one side.

“Maman...Allow me to formally welcome you to the Celestial Boughs...Where our new home resides," he said as he stepped forth from the lift and turned to face the two women, hoping to gauge a little of Bella’s reaction to it as he called for the taxi service through his implant to send a skycar for the three of them to take them home.

There was a perverse desire to see exactly how her mate might punish her. She'd never really been punished as a child, but something told Oriane that the punishment wouldn't be quite anything like what a child received. In truth, it sounded like it would be far more fun. Mercifully she refrained from responding in the moment. Her smile when Sol informed her that she had clearly told him was breathtaking and her happy purr rumbled through her small form. "Good" The singular word was very pleased. Her face turned shy as he called her his moon, the look in his eyes and the tone of his voice making her heart beat faster. She'd fallen for him so hard, without wondering what awaited her and Orii didn't regret her choice at all. Pulled into him even closer she closed her eyes as they cuddled together. A content sigh left her. This was perfect, they were perfect.

Laughing she looked up at him. "Is that how it works? You say no and I pout cutely until you give in? Duly noted" Giggling she shook her head, that wealth of hair swaying with the motion. "I somehow did not think that would actually be how it worked" She wouldn't have been opposed to such tactics working but, for the life of her, she couldn't think of a reason he'd deny her without a just reason. Likely, if she had to guess, her own safety; Sol would likely be unwilling to budge on such a subject, but how could she be angry with that? In truth, it made her feel precious to him and very loved. Distracted by the image she had placed in her own mind, Sol intentionally made it worse, as he teased her. The idea of him pushing her into a darkened area and taking what he wanted. A shiver ran along her spine and she admitted, in hushed tones "I am not sure I could stay quiet" Her cheeks blushed as his hand slipped to her rear and the feeling as he squeezed. Squeaking she bit her lower lip and narrowed her eyes at him. Oriane even had the audacity to hiss "Behave!" at him, though she had definitely been the one to start this train of thought.

Doubt and fear plagued her for a moment, but as Sol drew her closer she felt safer. It was a firm reminder that she wasn't alone. Even before, when the Doctor's had begun to threaten her, she'd tried to handle it alone, brushing it off. There was a large chance she'd never lose that aspect of her personality, naivety. Now though, she had her mate. Even if Sol wasn't who he was, had he been less remarkable, just knowing she wasn't alone meant a lot. He was however, far less than normal and there was no doubt that he'd move heaven and hell to keep her safe. She'd witnessed it once already. Hugging him closer for a moment as he pulled her closer still she closed her eyes and inhaled. The scent of him offering another layer of comfort. She would be okay, even if the rumors were true. Now that what she was had become known, they would find first hand if she was in danger from others as well.

Goodness, it couldn't actually get worse, could it? "Don't encourage her!" She hissed at him, even as he pulled her back against his chest. Cuddled up like she was against him, Orii found it hard to stay mad when he cuddled her up like that, the hand along her jaw the clincher as she nuzzled into hit sweetly. A small pout played at her lips, the cadence of her tone holding the pout as well. "You cheated" was the only remark about how easily had defused her anger, though she still issued her threat, feeling pouty at being teased from both Bella and Sol, even good-natured as it was. The idea that Bellamere might need headphones was mortifying all over and his matter of fact answer made the tiny female squirm. When he threatened to punish her again she responded in the most mature fashion she could muster. Oriane stuck her tongue out at Sol.

In the lift, she couldn't help her nerves. Never once had either woman thought they would live in the Boughs. It wasn't a class above them... it was several. Her own protective nature flaring at anyone daring to look at Bellamere the way they had once at her. She hadn't liked the way she had been looked down on, but Oriane would not allow anyone to look at Bella that way. Bellamere, like herself, had not grown up in that lap of luxury, but Orii never minded. Bella had been the kindest person in her life before Sol and after her parents death. Caring for her as if she was her own daughter. As the lift slowed Oriane cast a worried glance at Sol, the doors opening and the three stepping out.

Standing next to Bella, her hand slipped into her own and she waited for her reaction. Bellamere was staring out on the Boughs with a clear disbelief. Her mouth opening and closing for a moment as she looked between the pair. "How... Why?" She seemed perplexed, unsure why the pair... Sol? Oriane? She was unsure now who was responsible for this. Looking at her dirty coveralls she looked around at the pristine landscape. Orii frowned and moved to stand before her, a hand touching her cheek. "Maman, you are beautiful..." Her eyes had softened as she gazed at the taller woman. "Because of the attacks.." Bellamere blinked, frowned and then narrowed her eyes. "Attack-s... As in more than one??" her tone turning sharp and furious. Now she took in both of them. Then it dawned on her... and she became angry all over. "The markets.. that was one, wasn't it?" Her tone was accusatory. This was easier for her to focus on than her feeling of being looked down on, of not fitting. Orii shifted uneasily and nodded after a moment "Yes...."

Whatever Sol might have been dreaming as a punishment for her, he wouldn’t divulge it no matter how hard she pressed him. There was a sinister pleasure he took in knowing he held power over what she would know about what would happen and when. However, she seemed just as excited as he was by the prospect, something he noted internally with a growing desire. Such a sweet creature was she who purred so when he said those truths he felt and spoke to her in ways he’d graced no others with. And with such coquettish behavior, the timid provocateur did further pull him in and his eyes remained ignited with his passions; with his love for her. Truly, she had him wrapped around her little finger and there wasn’t much he wouldn’t do for her. Of course, he had his own force of will to exert but his intent seemed to align well with hers.

When she laughed at his statement that she need only pout to get her way, he smirked broadly and chuckled out, “Well, it depends on what...But I can’t see myself being able to resist you for long…” His words were ardent and warm, eyes flickering like embers and candlelight as he looked affectionately to her. Indeed, her safety was one topic where he would be hard-pressed to negotiate with her on the matter. Or, at the very least, would be difficult until she learned how to more aptly defend herself when in combat. Her whisper brought a devilish grin to his face and he whispered in a much deeper, more confident tone, “That’s exactly why it would be so fun.” As she snapped at him to behave, Sol’s grin grew as he gripped her ass harder and drew her closer. “Did you just tell me what to do?” he challenged her in a growling tone, cocking an eyebrow at her and his face postured in a stern but playful manner. There would be more time to explore that dynamic together at a later time, though…

Sol couldn’t help but inhale as Orii did, matching her breaths as he took a deep breath of her essence within. Just as she was grounded by him, so too was it the same for him and, while he didn’t need it as she might have, he enjoyed it nonetheless. How her small frame clung to him, and how she breathed him in gave him a small shiver as goosebumps prickled on his skin and he exhaled a deep sigh of enjoyment. His hands clasped her at her head and lower back, fingers digging softly into her. A reminder that, no matter what, he was there to support her. Even now, his mind was abuzz with thoughts of those who pursued her and how they might have given out the information about her in order to facilitate her departure. Perhaps as a trap or, maybe, as a genuine offer of reprieve so their hands no longer had to be dirtied by the bodies which Sol dropped on their doorsteps. Sol doubted Tremarius felt even the faintest shred of remorse for the hunters slain by the Solarian; and, he would have been right.

Sol couldn’t help the hearty laughter at Oriane’s blatant embarrassment and his eyes were glimmering with mischief as he held her tightly. However, it seemed his little firebird couldn’t keep herself from smoldering from his presence, and he cooed her with an affectionate tone as she pouted, “I know I did, little firebird...But that doesn’t change the fact that you love it so.” When she stuck her tongue out at him, he nearly grabbed hold of it to make a little spectacle of it. He might have, had Bellamere not been present to admonish him. However, Sol kept a bit of a gentlemanly demeanor around the woman for the present and just grinned sheepishly at her at Orii’s bombastic behavior.

As Orii gave him that look of nervousness, Sol gave her a reassuring glance and squeezed her hand softly to remind her, once again, that he was right there beside her. As they left the lift, Sol couldn’t help but notice how Bella gawked at the resplendence of this area. Truly, if one grew up knowing only The Spines, this would feel as though one stepped out into heaven. As she questioned them, Sol merely shook his head and smiled at her. “I did it, but nevermind how so...I’ve been saving for quite some time,” he said as Orii stepped towards her and spoke compassionately to her. Attempts to ease a woman who felt ill-fitted to this environment. Sol saw no problem with this, however, and whosoever passed by seemed to not give them a second glance, either. Then, Orii informed her of the next attempt on her life and he saw anger flash over Bella’s normally calm composure. “Yes, I’m sorry, Maman. They got the drop on me...But they didn’t get the opportunity to hurt her...Although…” he trailed off, remembering how he’d been brutally poisoned, shot, and stabbed. All attacks which had been meant for the lovely Fénix

Shortly, their skycar had arrived and Sol was grateful for the interruption of the gently droning engine as it came to a soft settle in the nearby grasses, and the domed hatch opened from over the seating compartment. Come...We’ll discuss this further during the ride there,” he stated with an authoritative tone, one which he’d not taken with Bella previously. Obviously, Sol had been set on edge by having the conversation in a public forum and the thoughts of attacks had sent him a little bit further on the defensive side than he’d been for the past few hours. There was still a subtle glow about it, indicating his happiness still lingered. However, there was a power and intensity starting to rise through it— similar to an animal that makes itself seem larger in order to ward off prey. Sol ushered the two women into the car and, after giving a cursory glance around and through the vehicle, climbed in himself and telepathically commanded the vehicle to take them home.

With a gentle hum, the vehicle lifted into the air and they began to fly adjacent to the woods and off towards a distant sea of glittering blue on the horizon. By this point, it was officially evening and so everything was a little less saturated in colors from the ambient light but many things luminesced of their own accord. In all directions, there existed a rainbow palette of vibrant and vivid hues; some of which belonged to plants while others belonged to animals, and others still belonged to various geological formations or even the weather phenomenon itself as a softly shimmering, baby blue snow fell on one of the mountaintops in the distance. “We’re sorry for not worrying you with the news of the second attack...Honestly, I tried not to think about it because, had it not been for Orii, I could have potentially died during or after that fight. I hope you’re not upset with us for not telling you. My love should not have to recount the moments when she witnessed things she shouldn’t have, and so I haven’t had the time to inform you as I have been occupied with this little one,” he spoke candidly and warmly but his posture still seemed a little on edge, though he gave a smile and squeezed Orii’s leg as he called her ‘little one’.

On their approach, the deep azure waters glittered with the large, beautiful full moon which rose through the sky and showered the landscape with an ethereal, pale light. Beneath the surface, the hints of bioluminescent sea life could be seen in ripples of electric blue and little rainbow-colored swirls of neon light as schools of fish congregated to eat in the early hours of the evening and communicated in such a beautiful way to behold. There were large gaps between the discoid homes which floated defiantly above the lazy waves which lapped at their rounded exteriors.

The flustered feelings had faded as they stood on the platform with an entirely uneasy and unhappy Bellamere. That slightly embarrassed and eager feeling that had settled into her stomach when Sol had talked about pushing her into a darkened corner and ravishing her slipped away. As had the battiness that had bubbled up when she'd told him to behave and the warm feeling in her stomach from Sol claiming she liked it. She had, one hundred percent liked it, even if she felt pouty because of it. No, that all faded under the wrath from Bella and if she'd had ears like a kitten or a puppy, they would have drooped as the wind was taken out of her sails. They had hid it from her, in truth Oriane hadn't wanted to worry Bellamere. The attack had been brutal and had Sol not been there, she might have been dead? Or captured.. She couldn't tell what might have happened. No one could, but to worry her when Orii hadn't felt the need. Her mind slipped back to when Sol hadn't told her that he'd been hired to hunt her. Frowning she hugged herself, she'd done the same thing to Bella that he had to her. Shifting she looked to Sol, her eyes sad.

When he decided they should take this elsewhere, she nodded and waited for Bella to enter first. Shame bubbled up when she had secretly wished that Sol would sit between them, so she could hide from the angry gaze of her Maman. Instead she was sandwiched between the two. Bellamere could tell that Oriane was unhappy and while she felt bad for being the cause, she felt justified in her anger. She did take pity on her though by looking out the window. The fact that Orii was as close to Sol as she could be, without being on his lap hadn't been missed. Even now, her adoptive daughter sought comfort from the larger male. It was reassuring to know she'd have him. When Sol had called her little one, both women had liked it, for various reasons. Orii laid her head on his shoulder, hand covering his own as her eyes closed. She didn't speak yet, not being amazing when a loved one was angry with her. She'd likely be much the same before real anger from Sol himself. Bellamere sighed softly and leaned back against the soft leather interior. "I am upset, she, you almost died... and no one bothered to tell me. I have a right to be."

Bellamere leveled Sol with a gaze that was unflinching. "I understand your reasonings and with all that has happened, I would be willing to let it pass... However, Oriane is not just yours and you are no longer just hers. You both are my family now and hiding such unpleasant things is not permitted in this family." Crossing her arms she watched the two of them. Oriane was still trying to avoid the anger that was lingering and Bella sighed once more and slipped her hand into Oriane's. "Seriez-vous heureux ma fleur, si j'étais en danger ou presque tué et ne vous le disais pas?" Orii for the first time since getting into the taxi looked at Bellamere and shook her head. "Non maman, je ne le ferais pas ..." Oriane's answer took a moment and her eyes rose to meet Bellamere's. "I didn't mean to hide it" Bellamere's face softened and she nodded. "I know, but you will not protect me by hiding such things." She shifted her gaze to Sol. "I am happy she was there for you and you for her. However, this is a firm family rule, with no exceptions. Next time you will tell me" There was no question in her words, but a firm order. Bellamere had a feeling that Sol and Oriane would be together for the long haul... Which meant this was best to cover now.

Oriane nodded as the taxi began its descent, landing gently on the little platform. Her eyes moved from Bella to Sol. Curious how he'd take this. If she had to guess it would be mostly well. Though, the command might irk him a bit. Her thumb brushed against the back of his hand as she waited for him to exit. Bellamere had slid out the other side and Orii would follow out behind him. Smoothing her dress with her freehand, she was quite unwilling to relinquish his hand. Like a worry stone, he seemed to help ground her. She nodded to their new home. "I know it's dark now, Maman.. but what do you think?" She wondered what Bellamere would think of the home they had chosen, for it would be home for them all... Oriane was eager to move the conversation away from the anger and towards lighter, happier things.

Sol, too, had forgotten those pleasant sensations in the moment of tension and was now focusing his mind towards easing the angered Bellamere. No more was he thinking of ravishing his love, rather now he was defending her— and himself— from the ire of her matron. He understood why Bella had been upset, truly. If he’d have been in the same situation, he’d have felt entirely the same. But, such a small amount of time had gone by and the two of them had gotten up to so much together. He’d entirely forgotten to take her aside at any point and inform her of the second attack, shouldering the responsibility in his mind and he intended to do so with his words as well. As Orii gave him that saddened look, his demeanor darkened slightly but he offered a reassuring smile to her. Bella couldn’t, and wouldn’t, stay mad forever.

Once within the confines of the car, Sol wrapped his arm around Orii protectively and shifted in the seat until she could nestle into him as closely as she pleased. He couldn’t help but notice how quiet Oriane had gotten and he remembered how, as a kid, he could hardly handle anger from anyone. He’d certainly changed much since then, learning to speak calmly and confidently no matter the stakes and no matter the emotional charge of the room. He was glad that both of them seemed to enjoy his choice of words for his love, though he was more glad for one than the other. As her hand came to rest on the back of his, he reached up with his thumb to brush the side of her hand as his golden hues locked onto Bella as she shifted and began to speak. Much like her own gaze, his eyes didn’t falter under her frustration.

For a brief moment, possessive defiance flared up within Sol as Bella said Orii was not only his but just as soon relaxed when she implied— and then flat-out stated— that he was family. A small grin spread over his face and he was unable to help the way Nyen seemed to dance around his head from the simple joy he felt from the implication. He listened as Bellamere asked Orii if she’d have liked it if she’d been in danger and didn’t tell her and as Orii responded that she wouldn’t have. At her next words, Sol gave a nod with a solemn smile and he reached to reassuringly touch his fingertips to Bella’s shoulder. “I assure you, it won’t happen again. There have been many moving pieces and we, honestly and truly, have just gotten so wrapped up in each other and in starting a life where we can all live comfortably...Forgive us or, at the very least, her. She’s far too sweet to punish with continued displeasure,” his words were sincere and his voice was warm and soft with the underlying hints of lingering happiness from that simple invitation as a full member of the household. He didn’t seem to be offended at her demand to inform her as he felt it was well within her right to do so; or, if he was, he was doing a damn good job of hiding it.

As the taxi was coming in to land, their home had a few signal lights on the edges and peaks of the domed structures, outlining it for anyone who was manually piloting a vessel in these waters or skies. Around the discoid home, schools of bioluminescent fish swam deep beneath the surface, forming small, fuzzy shapes of dim but colorful light. On the surface, lazy waves came to gentle crests which eagerly reflected the bright, white light of the moon and the surface of the waters glimmered like so many jewels. As the dome of the car lifted, the gentle brine of the oceanic waters rose to greet them and there was a calm serenity in the air carried on a soft breeze that gently stirred the waters below and tousled the long locks of Sol as he exited the car with Orii close behind. His hand squeezed hers firmly and he gave her another small smile as he leaned to kiss her on the top of the head as she smoothed her dress. As they all were out of the car, it lingered a moment before the dome closed and began to take flight once again, nearly silently taking off into the air as Orii asked her question of Bella. Sol, too, wondered what she thought of their home as he looked out onto the peaceful waves.

Bellamere was softening from her ire already by the time they were landing, but it wasn’t until they had stepped out of the car and she was standing on top of this incredible looking home that she was starting to feel the full scope of what Sol had done and what he was becoming for both of them. She’d been the caregiver for so long and had taken care of herself and Orii for such a long while that she had forgotten what it was like to have someone else around. Especially someone of such substantial means, as Sol seemed to be. Her eyes scanned the waters below, for the first time in a long while, and she found herself fighting back tears as she allowed the full gravity of everything to settle in. The two of them repeatedly insisted it was their home and Bella turned to face the two of them, a mixture of bewilderment and uncertainty on her face.

“C'est vraiment notre nouvelle maison?” she asked, her voice wavering with emotion as she looked at the large structure beneath their feet. Where they previously roomed couldn’t even begin to compare to the lavish size of the structure beneath. Sol’s eyes brightened a little at Bella’s happiness and his blue-white star framed the couple beautifully in his warm glow. “Oui, Maman. S'il vous plaît, venez à l'intérieur,” he responded to her in his fluid command of the language as he gestured towards the hatch that, as if reacting to his motions, opened up and seemed to beckon them within as the interior lights began to glow warmly as the home prepared to welcome them. Bella, without hesitation, moved towards the hatch with a mixture of amazement and disbelief still written on her face as she began to climb down into the entranceway. “You’d have thought they’d have put something a little more elegant there,” she commented wittily as her feet landed on the hardened tile flooring with two soft ‘clicks’. Little did she know that Orii had made a similar remark about the ladder not but a few hours ago

Sol, not feeling the desire to be perverted and leer beneath Orii’s dress, gestured for the young Fénix to follow Bella within and he took a survey of the space around their home to ensure himself that no one had followed them. Inside, Bella had already begun scanning around the welcoming room with astonishment, taking in the decorations and the amount of space just one room held and she turned towards Orii as she made her way down the ladder. “Mon chérie...This is lovely! It is, of course, missing my personal touch but we shall remedy that, won’t we?” Bella’s tacit excitement was growing and Sol grinned more as he came down the ladder and waited for Orii to step clear before his heavily armored feet came clattering to the floor. “Our touch, Maman...This is all our space now, no?” he asked with a wry grin before his stomach rumbled fiercely and loudly. Sol tried to chuckle it off as he scratched the back of his head and muttered, “I think we should do an abridged tour so we can get started on dinner...It has been quite a while since I’ve last eaten and being this big and wearing this much has its disadvantages, too.”

There was something about Sol, the way he seemed to know when she needed or wanted something. If Oriane considered it in truth she would have perhaps taken in how obvious she was. Curling into him, the way she seemed to wilt under the anger of Bellamere. Sol took this all in and without thought or question offered the comfort she required and desperately needed. Pulled under one strong arm and cuddled to his chest, she was able to bear most of the anger directed at them in the shelter of his embrace.

She was not aware of the look between Sol and Bella, for the most part Orii was quite happy to stay away from the anger. It was something, when from someone like Bella or Sol, she would never handle well. A stranger? She'd be better under the anger of a stranger, less willing to wilt before them. It took her time, but she was able to meet Bellamere's eyes from under the shelter of Sol's embrace. She felt bad, for waiting so long, but Sol was right, they had been lost in one another and the thought, in truth, had not occurred to her. It made her feel worse that she hadn't even considered it. Lost so deeply in Sol and his love, his embrace... his body that she'd not given the occurrence a second thought, let alone enough to consider telling Bellamere.

When Sol spoke of at least forgiving her her face turned towards him and she smiled softly. Even now, against Bellamere's ire he protected her. Her feelings swam in her eyes. The love she felt clearly residing within her molten gold eyes. For it seemed happy, truly happy or aroused, her eyes turned that molten shade. As such, her body temperature rose, another clear sign of her joy. As they departed the car and she fussed with her dress she felt the warm brush of lips on her hair and she turned to look up at him. She smiled and laid her hand above his heart. "I love you" Her words were soft, but far from hidden from Bellamere, who had turned at the sound of them to find Oriane gazing up at him with a soft smile upon her lips.

It was only after that small exchange that she had asked her question. Her happiness continued to grow as the pair of them spoke back and forth in French. Her small body snuggling against his chest while they spoke. "Aimez-vous le biome?" She tipped her head back to gaze up at Sol, albeit upside down. "We were almost swayed at the snow biome" Which had been true, it's idyllic landscape dappled in snow charming. "I do, I have never seen the sea.." Bella smiled before heading to the hatch.

Her laugh followed Bellamere down the hatch and she followed carefully after being motioned to do so. She wondered if she should tease him, but when she caught the way he was looking around she thought better of it. She could tease him later about who would have caught her had she missed a rung. Stepping aside she laughed, the sound joyous. "Why don't you show Mamen around while I start?" She rose on her tiptoes to kiss him. After she carefully kicked her shoes off and headed towards the kitchen with their purchases. Laying the bag on the counter, she began to sing. Oriane's voice was rich as she began to pull out the flour and eggs.

After a quick wash of her hands she began to form a well. Within that well went the eggs, a sprinkle of salt and a touch of olive oil. Slowly the flower was swept into the bright yellow of the eggs. Her song changed as she began to knead the shaggy dough, working it into a smooth ball over the course of ten minutes. This was all done while Sol showed Bellamere around. By the time they came back into the kitchen, she was wrapping the dough to rest, a smear of flour along her left cheek. Orii moved to start tending to the broccoli and garlic. Her voice softened as she moved to yet another song. Looking up as they entered she smiled, brightly, both of her delicate fangs flashing. "What do you think Maman? Did you like your room?"

There was something in the way Orii needed his touch and craved for him that wordlessly informed him on how to behave. Her body language and her demeanor, each told him what she needed and he was only too happy to oblige. As she found comfort in him, he found peace within her and kept frustration from simmering over as Bella’s anger affected his firebird so. After all, she wasn’t wrong and was coming from a place of love and kinship, not malice. However, Sol couldn’t help that string that got plucked anytime he felt his firebird’s happiness was being threatened. Had anyone else treated her so, they would have found themselves visited by wrath the likes of which they would regret conjuring.

At the sight of her smile out of the corner of his eye, Sol’s glance pulled down and his golden hues immediately smoldered as they met hers. His shimmering aura grew a little brighter, bathing the area immediately around him in a slightly bluer light than that of the moon. A soft rumble of delight left his throat as she placed her hand on his chest and his eyes flickered with the gesture and her words. “I love you, too, Oriane,” he replied affectionately, depth of feeling obvious in his tone, and his voice carried better to Bella’s ears than hers had. If there’d been any doubt in what had been said, his reply had dismissed it outright. He’d considered leaning further down to kiss her, but Bella’s lingering gaze made him grin coyly instead.

As Orii pulled into his chest, one arm of his wrapped below her chest and held her securely as the other pulled her in by the waist and held her against him. When Orii mentioned the snow biome, Sol nodded in agreement while looking down at her upside-down face. He couldn’t help but place a soft kiss against that cute little nose of hers, especially not when she was looking at him that way. He was pleased to hear Bella enjoyed the biome and he was excited to take their home down into the depths so they might better appreciate some of the features of the sea.

Once they’d all gotten within the home, Sol was delighted at how pleased Bella seemed to be so far. His little mote was buzzing energetically around him as he looked towards Orii who was already rising to her toes to kiss him. Bella had been sufficiently distracted by the new room, her gaze turned away for a moment as Sol kissed her affectionately back and wrapped an arm around her waist and gave her rump a playful squeeze. “That sounds good, my love,” his words warmed with ardor as he stretched a little, his armor plates getting a little annoying once again.

At the mention of her name, Bella had started to turn back and noticed the way they kissed each other, as well as the way Sol touched Oriane. A bit of her maternal side wanted to scold him for being so bold and brash but she couldn’t help but remember what it was like to be young and in love. While the two of them were distracted with each other, she turned her gaze away again so as not to inform them that she’d seen what had happened, a small smile on her lips. “I do believe a tour is in order, yes!” she agreed as she turned to face them again after hearing Orii starting to kick her shoes off and she smiled. “Amusez-vous, mon cher,” Bella called to the firebird as she left the two of them alone in the foyer.

Sol grinned and looked towards the hall leading to the kitchen, hearing Oriane’s beautiful voice ringing from within and, having forgotten Bella for a moment, he sighed out, “She’s beautiful in so many ways.” “I’m glad you agree, Sol. Otherwise, I might have a bit of a problem with some of your behavior. You should be careful with how forward you are with others present,” she teased him with a grin and Sol looked a touch bashful for a moment before scratching the back of his head with a chuckle. “Maybe so...But it’s difficult to help myself when it comes to her,” he responded back with a mixture of mischief and sincerity and Bella gently slapped him on the shoulder. “Behave yourself and give me a proper tour, already,” she demanded in that way mothers did and Sol reminisced momentarily on the firm demands his mother would make of him and his father. “Absolutement, Maman,” Sol replied with a grin and turned on a heel and began to lead her down another hallway, the one which led to her portion of the home with her own private bath and bedroom. Along the halls, there were shelves that were half bare and wanting for more decoration while interspersed with Scandinavian accent pieces and intricate, intriguing shapes and statuettes and some vividly colored plants.

Bella couldn’t help but notice that even the halls themselves seemed to be larger than their old home and she felt a little frustrated that some lived this way while others worked hard to live in the conditions of The Spine. However, none of that was to the fault of Sol or Orii and so she endeavored to keep those feelings of injustice suppressed and only show through her appreciation for the home and her happiness that she had found in what the two of them had found. It wasn’t difficult, either, for their love for each other proved to be delightfully sweet to behold and the woman was grateful for Sol for taking such devoted care of her even after such a short time. Honestly, he was caring for both of them, now and she was only just coming to realize how insane it was that a man who had just met them purchased a home this extravagant.

At her room, Bella gasped and tears started to well in her eyes as she looked around at the resplendent and comfortable quarters. She moved towards the bed and felt it with her fingers. Her old mattress was aged and had lost some of its comforts over the years, but even as nice as it was there was little comparison between it and the luxuriousness of the spread before her. Her eyes glanced around towards the blend of modern and rustic charms, beautifully displayed in the furniture and the accents, with the home’s architecture lending even more to the eclectic feel. “You are a very unusual man, Monsieur Novarus. I don’t know of many who would go to such great lengths for people they hardly know,” she shared with him some of the thoughts she was having. Sol met her with a grin and replied simply, “I am an unusual sort. One in a trillion, I was always told,” as he gestured towards Nyen, who settled briefly against his fingertips and brightly shone before continuing on its path.

Bella laughed and shook her head, a single tear falling from her cheek as she caught the bathroom from the corner of her eye and she moved for the doorway and gasped again. It was absolutely huge and mirrored the layout of the other bath and Bella laughed with disbelief. “I-I...This is a spa, not a bathroom!” she protested happily before going around to inspect everything. “I’m going to spend a lot of time in here,” she mused happily as she traced her fingertips over the rim of the jet tub and Sol stood in the doorway, arms crossed as he smiled happily. “Best of all, it’s all yours,” he emphasized to her how welcome she was by insisting she makes herself feel at home, “I don’t want you to think you’re our guest. This is as much yours as it is ours. And we shall leave this property in your custody when we go to traverse the stars.”

“Thank you again, Sol. I meant it when I said you’re family, now, so you’d better act like it,” she said to him with a playful menace in her voice before she moved over to him and patted him on the shoulder. “I’m sure Orii’s nearly finished doing what she needs to by now. Let’s go join her,” she said to him, to which he nodded with a grin and he started down the hall with Bella. “You don’t have to thank me so much, you know...I’m happy to do it,” he replied with a wide smile, his sincerity in his eyes as he looked towards the kitchen with love in his eyes. Even when he didn’t see her, he still held that look for her. Bella noticed this and she couldn’t help but smile more at the genuine nature of the love between her two charges. She somehow doubted Sol would need much shelter and protection, though.

As they approached, Sol’s expression brightened at Oriane’s persistent singing and his footsteps came a little faster. Bella was already struggling to keep pace and, as such, found herself a mixture of amused and annoyed at the tall man’s infatuated behavior. Upon seeing the cutely dirtied face of his darling when he entered the kitchen, Sol chuckled brightly and moved to see what she was doing. He flashed a bright smile back to her, his aura’s glow brightening briefly before calming as he looked to Bella at Orii’s question. “C'est beaucoup trop, mais j'adore ça!” Bella responded to Orii, still having tears evident in her eyes as she moved around the countertop and past Sol to hug Oriane firmly. “Je vous remercie, tous les deux,” she said as she pulled away and smiled at them before asking, “Is there any way I can help with dinner?”

“I think Orii and I can handle it, yes? You should relax and get more familiar and comfortable,” he suggested with a grin as he moved up to Oriane, unable to resist putting his hand on the small of her back and pulling her in. His other hand raised her chin and he kissed her sweet and deeply, however briefly, and pulled away with hesitance in his body language. He wanted to be at least a little respectful before Bellamere, who seemed not to care too much about it either way. “That sounds lovely...I think I saw some luxurious robes in that bathroom that are calling my name. Do you think I’ll have time to go bathe for about half an hour?” Bella asked with a smile and Sol nodded slowly and looked to Orii. “It will probably take about another hour for everything, right? I’m sure the dough needs to rest for at least 30 minutes before we start trying to shape it,” he said with an affirmative nod.

Bella hardly waited for the confirmation from Orii before she began to head in the direction of her room and bath, eagerly anticipating the bath that awaited her. Once Bella had gone, Sol turned back to Orii and there was a battle of two separate forms of hunger apparent within him. “Je ne pouvais absolument vous dévorer en ce moment, his voice lowered to a growl as he kissed his beloved more deeply and picked her up with one hand below her rear and the other supporting her upper back so as not to send her falling backward. As they kissed, he nibbled her lower lip before breaking the kiss to shower the side of her neck with affectionate nibbles and kisses before placing her back on her feet.

“I should change into something more comfortable,” he commented suggestively before brushing her jawline with his fingertips. “I’ll return shortly, my little firebird,” he said before going down the hallway and into their room. Once within, he pulled a small bag from within the extradimensional pocket on his armor. Then, he quickly stripped down to nothing at all, his chiseled body radiant in the dark of night and he began to sift through the bag for some comfortable clothes. Upon finding an outfit that would be both comfortable and functional for an evening of cooking, Sol smiled and began to make his way back to the kitchen.

“Did you miss me much?” he asked her with a smile as he moved around the countertop to begin laying out the ingredients he needed to make the sauce. Various Italian cheeses or reasonable facsimiles, heavy cream, butter, garlic, herbs, and some dense chicken stock spread out before him as he hummed a little bit. He was glad the kitchen had been fully stocked, it seemed, as he pulled out a grater that you fed the cheese into which automatically shredded it to whatever setting it was set to. Soon, as he began to chop the garlic, Sol himself began to sing loudly and melodically. After he had finely minced the garlic, he began to rinse and roughly chop the herbs while he continued to sing, briefly looking to Oriane as he sang as if to emphasize certain lyrics. Sol seemed to be very happy at this moment, from his body language to the tone in his voice and the brightness in his eyes. Soon, he was melting butter in a thick-bottomed large pan and he was readying the garlic to saute it until it began to become fragrant. Then, he added in the herbs and sauteed very briefly before sprinkling in some flour and cooking until that raw flour smell subsided. Then, he began to carefully whisk in the chicken stock, ensuring not to add too much at once so that he could incorporate all of it with no lumps. Once finished with that, he started to add in the heavy cream and brought it all to a simmer before beginning to slowly add in the cheeses.

The sauce smelled rich and fragrant already and Sol gave a quick taste of it with a finger before grinding pepper into it and adding salt, which seemed to elevate the aroma building around them. He added another skillet to the stovetop, turning the induction cooktop to a medium-high setting as he monitored the alfredo sauce to ensure it was only at a bare simmer. “This is going to be so great,” he said to Oriane as he retrieved the chicken and a tenderizing hammer so he could pound the chicken into an even thickness before he seasoned it with salt and pepper. Right before adding the chicken, he put a splash of olive oil into the skillet and let it heat for a moment before carefully placing the meat into the skillet with a satisfying sizzle. He watched it closely, flipping it to reveal a beautifully browned layer on the outside of the half-cooked piece.

Last edited:
Oriane felt no shame in showing her love for the man before her. She felt none as he returned her words, though his voice carried. Rather than shrink from what Bellamere already knew, she seemed to glow. In truth, she had wanted a kiss from Sol, but understood why rather than give into her clear desire, he'd smiled at her all the same. It was a sweet curl of lips, one that spoke of kisses later, out of Maman's view. A promise of sorts of what would come later. She'd curled into him then and looked to Bella, content and happy once more. Tilting her head back to look up at her towering love, she was rewarded with a kiss to the tip of her nose. Giggling she smiled, fangs flashing in the growing darkness. Even such a small show of affection made Orii's heart soar. That beaming smile shifted from Sol to Bellamere when she seemed happy with the biome the pair had picked.

Inside she suggested Sol take Bellamere for a tour. It would take her a little while to make the pasta and it would give Bella a chance to see the home. Her kiss was returned, though as with most things, Sol did them his own way. An arm around her slender waist, a firm hand cupping her ear for a moment. A rumbling purr left Oriane and she smiled up at him as they parted. Her eyes danced and as he headed away, Orii couldn't help but lament for a moment the protective clothing he wore. Smacking his ass as he left would be both very loud and likely a touch painful. Both likely to draw mirth and attention from at least one, if not both. A wistful sigh left her before she headed towards the kitchen.

Orii had once had a kitchen back on the planet she'd been found on, so the kitchen wasn't so unusual, though it had never been this grand. Keeping herself busy with the task at hand, she lost track of time as she prepped their ingredients and sang. Oriane was unaware of their talks, of how he spoke of her or they spoke to one another. Looking up as they both came in she smiled brightly. "Je sais ... mais il ne pouvait pas être convaincu du contraire. J'ai essayé." When Bella asked if she could help, red curls had started to sway as she shook her head no. Sol beat her to the answer and she smiled. "Indeed. Relax Maman" She snuggled into Sol when he pulled her in and she squeaked as he tipped her face up, kissing her. Her cheeks blushed and she curled into him, suddenly shy once more as Bellamere laughed.

Blinking as Sol asked her about the food she nodded. "Ah, mmmn" She laughed and sighed, rather than fighting it, she cuddled closer. "About, yes" She watched Bellamere hurry off, though Sol's heated words drew her molten gold eyes towards him. It was clear the effect his words had, his little love flustered as she shifted in place, a clear sign of her arousal. Laughing as he picked her up, her arms linked around his neck and she more than happily returned his passionate kiss. The nibbles and kisses made her sigh, the tone pleased and she nipped the shell of his ear playfully. "Aussi affamé que vous soyez, vous devrez attendre votre dessert barbare." Her words were a sensual purr and she licked the edge of his ear. Alone, that shyness melted away, replaced by the minx of a girl.

Placed on the floor once more she nodded and smiled, innocently, leaning into the touch, purring loudly. "Good. I wanted to grab your but earlier and couldn't help but hate your armor" She turned back to cooking, working on further prep. When he came back she laughed and nodded, answering him honestly. "I have, every day of my life until we met" She had never known she'd been missing him, but she'd never have another day without him, could she help it. Her work mostly done as he began to sing, she moved to pull out the bottle of wine they had bought to go with the dinner. Another little splurge. The choice of wine had been left to her, though in truth she had leaned heavily on the merchant's expertise. Finally she had settled on a Pinot Noir. The woman had informed her it would enrich the flavors within the dish and also help clean the palate. Opening it she poured it into the decanter she'd also bought. it was simple as were the glasses, but she had liked that.

She bit her lower lip and watched him with dancing golden eyes. After the first few lines, she hummed with him, echoing the chorus in her melodic voice. Together they moved perfectly. Working in unison. While he made the main part of the dish, she took the time to cut the noodles and once that task was done she began to work on the garlic bread. She made compound butter with garlic powder, garlic cloves, minced, Italian seasoning, freshly grated parmesan cheese. It was applied generously to fresh French bread and set on a tray to go into the oven last minute. Humming softly she moved to the pot she'd placed on the furthest burner, it's water at a rapid boil. Salting the water she turned it down a touch. Moving closer to him, she kissed his arm, reaching into the hot pan to snag a piece of perfectly cooked chicken. Taking a bite, Orii couldn't help the happy little moan that left her and she held the other half to him. "Need to test it, quality check, you know?"

When Orii came to smile as they entered the room, Sol smiled back with warmth and love as his eyes glimmered happily. Obviously, the tour with Bellamere had gone well and soon the two girls were speaking quickly back and forth. However, not quickly enough for the Solarian not to catch it as he cocked an eyebrow towards Orii, “Tu sais que je parle français, non?” He grinned at how she spoke of him as though he wasn’t in the room listening to their every word and how she tried to downplay her own involvement in the decision-making processes. Sol swept his blonde locks back from in front of his face and into a messy curtain that draped the back of his neck and over his shoulders, shorter strands outlining his face as snuggled up into his love. As adorable as she was without being shy, that bashful nature merely made her all the more sweetly attractive to him. Like Nyen stayed bound around him, so too did he seem bound to the gravity around her, and his eyes expressed how happy he was to be a part of that subtle dance.

As Bella hurried off and Orii responded to his affections, making him shiver and sigh against her flesh as he delivered his teeth and tongue unto her. When she remarked on his lascivious words, he grinned devilishly and responded sharply, Et qui doit me empêcher de prendre ce qui est à moi, l'amour? Toi? Vous n'oseriez pas,” he whispered in her ear and accentuated it with a firm tug of her lobe. Once he’d placed her on the floor, listening to that sweet purring of hers until she spoke to him and he grinned, shaking his head. “But, of course, it is useful for me to wear. Last time I didn’t, I got a hole blown through me,” he remarked with a soft laugh, seemingly relatively unbothered at how close he’d come to death. Perhaps he’d been that wounded often enough that it simply didn’t weigh on him anymore? Maybe it never did?

When he’d returned, he brightened at her words and he looked at her with adoration swimming in his eyes. “Me too, darling...Me too,” he agreed genuinely, having never known that such a critical piece was missing from him. He thought of it as though a spaceship drifting through the reaches before suddenly realizing that their life support had been missing the whole time, but it somehow turned up out of nowhere. As he began to work in the kitchen, his eyes followed her whenever possible as if eager to etch the vision of her into his mind more assuredly. As she decanted the wine, he continued to sing and prep their food with the singular desire to make something that would absolutely delight her. Her choice of wine would cut through the richness of the sauce rather nicely and would pair well with chicken.

Then, she came to join him in the kitchen and the two worked as a unit, preparing different things and moving around each other in harmony as she joined him in the melody of the song. He felt his heart soaring and warming as his eyes grew fiery hot with each glance he stole of her. Neither missed a step and when the chicken had finished, he felt the kiss on his arm radiate electricity into him before she reached into the pan and tore a piece off and she gave a noise of obvious delight to the taste. “That good, huh?” he asked with a grin as he took a bite of the chicken and gave a low moan of delight as well. He’d been surviving on rations for too damn long and they just didn’t compare to the real deal. “You know, I am truly in love with you, Oriane,” he said in a rather matter-of-fact manner, not losing any of the emotion behind the statement but more in a sense that he seemed to be realizing just how much he was falling for her. At first, he looked a little bewildered but, as he looked at her, his face grew content and his eyes shimmered happily.

Sol brought the chicken off of the heat and it was his turn to reach into the scalding hot pan and pull out the still sizzling pieces of meat. He set the pan onto a nearby stretch of open countertop before placing the chicken down onto a cutting board that Orii had pulled out for him and, as she placed it down, she flashed him a dazzling smile with those delicate little fangs of hers. Heavens, how he loved it when she looked at him like that. Sol couldn’t help but smile broadly back to her as he leaned down, wrapping his free hand around her waist to beckon her closer so that he might kiss her again. Smoldering passion met with lingering and building desires as he slipped his tongue’s tip along the edges of her lips to trace their shape. Once sated, he pulled from her again and his eyes flashed brightly as he whispered, “Sois à moi pour toujours et je serai à toi pour toujours.” He stared at her, looking longingly into those golden hues with mirroring hues of vibrant aurum as he waited for the chicken to cool off a little more so that it wouldn’t lose its juices upon slicing.

Once at the right temperature, he gave her one more soft kiss before playfully nudging up against her as he drew a knife from the block and observed the edge with a careful finger. “Mmmmm…” he muttered as he brought the knife through the chicken easier than a hot blade through soft butter. “These are really high-quality,” he commented with an impressed tone as he chopped quickly and skillfully through the chicken. Perhaps some of his swordplay transferred into kitchen knife expertise? Maybe he’d learned to handle himself in the kitchen when he was younger? After he’d finished slicing, he added the chicken to the simmering alfredo sauce and began to mix it in, allowing the flavors to get to know each other as he looked at Orii. “I think the noodles will only need a few minutes, so we should wait until Maman is walking in to start them?”

Last edited:
Oriane looked up when Sol informed both women he could speak French and stuck her tongue out at him. "Oui, oui, nous connaissons l'amour." He had however denied her other ideas, oh he had had his reasons, good ones at that, but he'd still refused to listen to another option. Out of those available, she'd agreed that moving to the Boughs was their best bet. The spine was simply not secure enough and depending on the next attack, innocents could be caught in the crossfire. Here, in their splendid new home, it would be much harder to get to them. Not impossible, but much harder. She knew personally that there were paths beneath for maintenance workers that were either loosely guarded or not at all. The thought made her look at him for a longer moment. He would need to know. They were much safer here, but only to a point. She wouldn't be the only one who knew about such passages. A frown worried between her brows for a moment. Later, she could tell him later. For now they could enjoy this time. The frown smoothed away and she watched Bellamere leave.

Curled into him, they teased one another and she shivered as his teeth tugged at her ear. "Oui moi. Au moins pour un moment ou deux" The real question was would she wish to deny him? All signs pointed to the opposite. She had no real desire to deny her mate anything at least not for long. Denying him in short bursts might be fun though, earning her a growl or a game of chase. Honestly, unless Sol expressed a dislike for such things, there was little chance she wouldn't do such a thing. While he was able to brush it off, far easier than she, her hand moving to where the gaping hole in his body had been. Fingers brushed against his armor. "That is a benefit of it" Came her answer, the sweetness of her voice dimmed for a moment as if by the memory. Looking up at him, Orii offered a small smile and nodded. "I will be here"

When he returned his answer made her smile, the small time apart allowing her to almost recalibrate or compartmentalize the problems plaguing her mind. As they moved through the kitchen to halves of a whole in a dance of sorts, she could feel his eyes on her. Oriane had always been aware of such things like eyes on her, but rather than give her the chills, the feeling of Sol's eyes on her filled her with contentment. She felt safe within his view, knowing he'd never allow any harm to come to her while he could stop it. Something she might very well need to speak to him about if he kept taking bullets for her. She could heal, for it seems he had been correct in guessing her species. Without her, would he? Once more she let those fears pass through her, they could talk about it later, curled up in each other's arms. That thought brought a smile to her lips and gave her more than their meal to look forward to.

Sharing the bite of chicken, curled into him she tilted her head towards him. Her eyes seemed to search his face, the golden hues watching as the realization came to him and he seemed content if not down right happy with the fact. Chuckling she rose up on her tiptoes, stretching herself along his chest to kiss him. "I would certainly hope so after telling me you love me, silly" Her words were playful. Orii fully understood what he meant, she was still dealing with the realization that she truly had fallen in love with him after such a short period of time. That in his arms, in his presence she felt safe, more than that she felt like she was home and loved.

Smiling at him as she placed the cutting board out for him she squeaked as he pulled her into him. Rising to meet him, dark lashes formed lacy half moons on her pale cheeks and she sighed happily as he pulled back. "Je suis à toi aujourd'hui, demain et pour toujours mon soleil" One small hand rose, brushing along his cheek, thumb feathering along his skin. "Je ne pourrais jamais emporter ce qui est à toi" She felt that with every fiber of her being, the conviction in her words ringing within her sweet voice. Another kiss and they parted, knowing that there would be more time later. Watching him with amorous eyes she chuckled and lifted a brow. "For what you paid, I would expect so. The Boughs has a reputation to live up to after all" Watching him cook, she nodded to his question. "I will fetch her" Placing a kiss on his arm, as she passed behind him she gave his butt the slap she'd desire to before, her laughter following her from the room.

Oriane found Bellamere coming from her bath with her long hair wet and dressed in her clothing once more. "As-tu eu un bon bain maman?" "Oui ma chérie. Le diner est-il prêt?" Nodding she linked arms with Bella and led her back towards the dining room. Setting her down she brushed a kiss to Bellamere's wet locks, before joining him once more in the kitchen. After a moment of searching Oriane pulled out three delicate looking white plates, their edged lined in gold. Next she took on the task of finding the silverware, which she found in a drawer. The white handles were slender and the ends a bright golden hue. Lastly a white bowl was found for the salad. Taking the silverware and the salad to the table, Orii came back to grab the glasses and the wine as Sol put the finishing touches on. Humming softly as she placed the glasses around the table and poured Bella a glass. "There is a feature of the house you have yet to see Maman"

Sol grinned at her silly and childish behavior but also gave her a look as if to say, ‘You’re lucky others are around, else I’d have your tongue.’ His eyes were fierce and passionate as he gazed at her before they moved on and took note of her worried frown. There was a softening of his expression at that and he made a mental note to remind her to tell him about what was bothering her, perhaps when they were alone. He knew they weren’t going to have an impregnable home— such things were costly and over-zealously fortified— and thus would do his best to always remain alert in order to keep them all safe. Nothing mattered more to him than keeping those two women protected and content. Other things bore weight which he concerned himself with, too, that would need to be revisited sometime in the future.

Chuckling at her assertion that she would stop him if only for a moment, Sol’s expression brightened as he let himself ease for the moment and he looked at her amorously. When she touched the hole where he’d been shot through, Sol placed his hand on hers and gave her a reassuring squeeze. When he came back and they cooked together, he was amazed at how well the two of them synchronized and moved about with each other. It was as though they were two parts of a machine, working in harmonious unison towards the same goal. He was watching her when she smiled, that warm, sweet smile of pleasant thoughts. His eyes brightened at that, enjoying those little moments where he caught her stealing him away in her thoughts and doing what she pleased with him.

Contentment couldn’t begin to describe the serenity he felt when she was in his arms, curled and safe as he looked at her with adoration. As she rose to kiss him, he leaned to meet her and he inflamed their passions by wrapping a hand around to the small of her back and drew her in as they kissed. “You know what I mean...There’s a difference, love, and I’ve never known it until now,” he replied to her firmly but warmly, as if he needed her to know the true depth of what he felt. Certainly, she likely did know as he could feel the same sentiments and feelings mirrored back from her with everything she’d said and done.

Half-lidded eyes met hers, smoldering with admiration and more as he listened to her words and felt her touch sending scintillations over his skin. His stubble grated at her skin as his head pitched towards the soft touch of his cheek. “Magnifique. Je le serai aussi,” he responded to her, his heart swelling with the notion as his voice carried the intensity of his convictions. They parted all too soon, but necessary, as he resumed the preparations for dinner and he nodded to her response to his comment of the knife’s quality. His golden orbs found hers as she watched and he stirred the chicken into the sauce and let it come back to a simmer. “Don’t be long, darling,” he responded to her as she started to pass before he gave a sharp, surprised gasp followed by a rumbling growl as she laughed her way down the hall. He found he rather liked her being handsy with him like that and hoped she would see his response as an invitation for more in the future.

While she was gone, he placed the garlic bread into the oven and began dropping the noodles into a basket which he then placed into the boiling water, giving it a quick stir as the water quickly resumed boiling. He watched carefully as the consistency of the noodle changed and, once he was satisfied with their doneness, sampled it before removing the noodles and he shook them a little over the sink. He scooped some of the pasta water from the now cooling pot, tossing it into the alfredo sauce along with the noodles and he began to stir and toss the noodles to coat them evenly with the delicious sauce. When the two women came to the dining room, they would see him effortlessly tossing the noodles in a rhythmic motion. He’d learned to cook from his mother, who had an intense passion for all things domestic and had passed along that passion to him. Once the noodles were well-coated, he took a fork and pulled one out, curling it around and taking a taste of it, nodding a little as he pulled a pepper grinder up and he freshly ground a bit of pepper into the large pan and gave one final stir. Then, he opened the oven and reached in without a glove and pulled out the now browned and fragrant garlic bread. The combination of the two smells would have made anyone famished and he couldn’t help but salivate at the aroma.

As Orii set the table, Sol sliced the garlic bread and began to plate the alfredo, using a pasta fork to make delightful little nests of pasta which cradled pieces of chicken and then set a couple of slices of garlic bread upon each plate. It smelled and looked like a dinner one would pay a hefty sum for at a restaurant and Sol beamed proudly at Orii, obviously happy with their efforts having paid off so well. Once he had finished with the plating, Sol lifted the three plates, one balanced on his forearm, and carried them over towards the table where he served Bella first, as she was seated, and then set Orii’s plate across from Bella’s and his where Orii would be within reach. Then, she mentioned the last feature of the home and Sol pointed a finger skyward and exclaimed, “Ah! Yes, there is!” There wasn’t much which could hide the excitement on his face as he stepped towards the large glass-windowed wall which spread to each side of the table. As he turned to face the table, he spread his arms open in a gesture of presentation and he mentally, silently commanded the home to begin its descent into what was known as the ‘viewing zone’ in the system’s memory.

Suddenly, the home was in motion and those within didn’t feel so much as a jolt thanks to the micro-gravity drives and water quickly rose up the outsides of the window as the home sank beneath the waves. As they sank deeper, the schools of bioluminescence that swam through these waters became more clear as their perspective changed to view them through the same medium. Continuing to move down, the home settled within an area surrounded by beautiful, multicolored coral growths and plants of all different varieties, some with a gentle glow and others that shimmered with the faint light. Large jellyfish-like creatures drifted by every now and again, peaceful and lethargic in the early evening hours, and Sol pivoted to take in the view before them. He was astonished at how lovely their surroundings were and, with a smile, he turned back to the table and walked forward to the table. “Well, what do you think?” he asked Bella with a grin, going to Orii’s place at the table and he pulled her chair out and gestured for her to sit. Once she had taken her place, then and only then did Sol take his as he sat down and, with a look of pure contentment on his face, heaved a deep sigh of happiness.

The smolder of his eyes always made her feel weak in the knees and while she was in no hurry to see Bellamere on her trip, she was curious what exactly might changed when they no longer had the elder woman to worry about; something in Oriane told her that Sol would be quite the handful. True, she'd not do anything to discourage such. Her worried frown had not gone unnoticed, but she was still unaware of such. Once she had determined to talk about it later, it had allowed her to relax as the pair focused on making dinner. There would be time to discuss her fears, ones he'd likely already considered. Orii had not taken such into consideration, new to this all as she was. Sol, however, was an old hand at the game. Her eyes lingered on him for a moment and she smiled when he caught her gaze. Her cheeks flushed, and she looked down shyly for a moment at being caught. Oriane knew that in her life, no matter how long she might live, there would be no other for her.

When his hand had covered hers, Oriane had gazed up at Sol, eyes misting slightly. Smiling she nodded and brushed at her eyes before beginning their dance once more. They moved like they had known each other their whole lives. Twisting, turning, anticipating the other's needs as they cooked. With little effort the pair had dinner near ready when Sol paused to express his feelings. Golden eyes softened and she nodded, curling into him. "I know.." She wasn't quite ready to share her thoughts with him. Oriane trusted Sol as she trusted n other, but there was still a lingering fear when she came to the conclusion of her life. Did she doubt his reaction? No, she didn't. She knew what she did with every fiber in her being. They were made for one another. It was a fear born more from her own feelings. They'd never change, but that there would be no one else for her? The hypocrite she was, she knew she'd wish Sol to find another to make him happy. Orii felt he'd feel the same, which would lead to a very particular issue, she would not lie to him. She couldn't promise to try, she would want no other.

The feeling only solidified as he nuzzled his cheek into her hand, the rough stubble tickling against her palm. No one else Sol. I could live until the end and I'd never find someone to fill the hole you'd leave. She felt close to tears again, but with luck they parted to finish the preparations. When it came to gather Bella, Orii had gone down the hallway laughing, his growl following in her wake. She'd been right in the assumption about his ass. It had been quite satisfying to smack and the growl that had followed her had delighted her thoroughly. Little things like that were allowing Oriane to know what she liked and what he liked. Like a blossom she was blooming before him as she discovered herself anew. Bellamere gathered, she led her to the table, the rich aroma of dinner greeting them.

The table set, the food laid out before them, Oriane had questioned Sol about the feature of the house they'd yet to try. A smile graced her lips, his excitement matching her own. With a thought, he had the home slowly submerging beneath the sea. A delighted gasp left Oriane and Bellamere watched wide eyed as their home soon slipped beneath the inky water and a glittering display unfurled before their eyes. Darting little fish looked like shooting stars as they moved through the darkness. Dimly glowing jellyfish illuminated the coral and other sea life. "They look like angels" Orii whispered. Their shape was not what brought the image to mind, it was the graceful way they seemed to float through the water, the shimmer of their bodies leaving light in their wake. "Perhpas de gracieux nuages, illuminant ce monde éblouissant" Bellamere's words awed.

Smiling Oriane took the seat he had pulled out for her. "Merci" Her napkin was placed in her lap and she looked to Bellamere with eager eyes. Her hand found his under the table, squeezing it as she watched Bellamere take the first bite. Her eyes closed and she took time to fully savor the meal the pair had made for her before opening them and proclaiming "It's delicious!" Orii's cheeks colored and she beamed. "Sol did most of the work" She looked to him, adoration plain on her face. Picking up her fork she twisted pasta around the tines and lifted to her mouth. Blowing on it once, twice she took a bite. The flavors were rich, but not cloying so, the spiciness of the pepper breaking through the cream sauce, adding freshness to it. "Mmmn, it's very good" Picking up her wine glass Orii smiled softly. "To family" She clinked her glass to Sol's and Bella's in turn before taking a sip and shifting in her seat. One leg curled under her form and she began to eat in truth. The group talked about silly things, the chatter pleasant as the meal progressed.

Once they'd eaten their fill, drank half the bottle of wine Bellamere stood. "You both cooked, I will clean." She began to gather plates and slapped at Oriane's hands as she moved to get her plate to help. "Non, mon cher. Je vais nettoyer et vous irez vous détendre. Je vais vous voir dans la matinée'' If Sol tried to help, he'd be met with the same gentle slap to the hands. A smile graced Orii's lips and she nodded. "Bonne nuit maman, on se verra demain matin." Kissing Bella's cheek, Oriane held her hand to Sol, a soft blush in her cheeks. No doubt Bellamere expected nothing less than the pair to depart together, but it still made the little firebird shy. However, it did not stop her from leading him to their rooms, even with Bella watching on.

As Sol took in the beauty of the underwater landscape, he was moved to the point where Nyen actually stood still as if it too were enraptured by the drifting jellies. At both of the women’s words, Sol nodded and he turned towards the table to seat Orii and take his own place at the table. He’d kiss her cheek as she thanked him, whispering affectionately against her skin, “Ce n’est pas necessaire.” Once they were all seated, Sol looked proudly at the meal the two of them had cooked together and he smiled at Bella’s enjoyment as the two of them waited for her to have the first bite. Sol squeezed Orii’s hand and beamed when Bella proclaimed how good it was and he looked to Orii as she downplayed her own involvement and scowled a little. “Nonsense, Orii was instrumental to the success of this dinner,” his words were firm but held a sweet tone and his face showed a mutual adoration for her as he watched her take a bite. As pleasure swept over her from the bite, Sol grinned further and he then picked up his glass of wine and held it to toast the other two.

“To family,” Sol agreed wholeheartedly as he took a sip and then began to eat. Indeed, they had created a delicious symphony of different textures and flavors complementing and contrasting each other quite well. It was the kind of meal where you wanted to go around the plate, getting one thing with one bite and then the other with the next to keep your palate refreshed and intrigued. One of Sol’s hands found itself frequently beneath the table, rubbing Orii’s thigh or squeezing her hand as he made it a point to discuss jovial and light things over dinner. By the end, he had a full belly and had finished two glasses of wine and his light complexion had taken a little bit of a rosy hue to his cheeks, the warmth of his blood making him slightly flush.

When dinner had concluded, Sol also began to stand to help clear the table and he looked at Bella after she’d slapped Orii’s hand, appreciating the gesture but he almost instinctively responded to defend on her behalf. Appreciative of the gesture, he bowed courteously to Bella and spoke warmly, “Merci beaucoup, maman. Bonne nuit et beaux reves.” Then, he took Orii’s outstretched hand and clasped it in his own as he let her lead them towards their room. Once mostly down the hall and out of Bella’s sight, Sol looked over to his beloved with warmth and affection in his eyes and he offered a bright grin. “How are you feeling, my love? I noticed you frowning earlier as though something was weighing on your mind,” he pressed her gently and curiously as he stepped down the hall and towards their bedroom door.

Outside the windowed wall of their room, nascent jellies of smaller size— but displaying a wider variety of colors and brightness— drifted past their window and cast a soft glow into the darkened bedchamber. Inside the room, as they passed through the doorway, Sol gestured with his hand and the door slowly shut them within and he looked at the construction, weighing how soundproof it was based on the materials it was made of. His golden eyes were warm and saccharine, almost like honey, as he gazed affectionately at her while listening to her, their faces occasionally lighting up with the ephemeral glow from the passing alien entities. She informed him of the maintenance tunnels which ran throughout various areas of the Boughs and how they were relatively poorly secured when compared to the rest of the entrances to this level of the station. His brow furrowed a little with thought but his face relaxed after a brief moment and he gave her a reassuring smile. “Well, don’t worry about that...Thank you for telling me. It’ll be much harder for them to get us here rather than anywhere else. Harder to sneak up on someone when they have windows in every direction,” he said with a warm chuckle as he took Orii’s chin in his fingers and gazed deep into her eyes.

“Now, how about we move on to something a little more pleasant to round out our evening?” he asked her as he lifted her chin and took her lips in a deep, passionate kiss. Almost immediately, he heated up as he kissed his little firebird, the effects she had on him being quite immediate and pronounced. His hand cupped her jaw, stroking her cheek affectionately with his thumb as his fingertips dove into the locks on the side of her head and drew her closer. His gilded orbs were growing molten as his lids slowly closed, Nyen drifting closer to Orii as it circled around him as if the small star wished for her attention, too. Sol’s other arm wrapped around her, his hand resting at the small of her back as he drew her plush body against his firm frame and he sighed with delight at the feeling.

The praise made her smile and she offered a sigh, though the smile on Orii's lips gave away her mood. She noticed the tone, where he would not allow her to shrink away from the spotlight. His care never seemed to falter; tender, kind and always a bright spot. Offering her toast, she smiled at the pair as they both echoed her words. Seated as they were, Oriane found her hand finding his through the dinner, when his hand was not occupied with her own, she found it a reassuring presence on her thigh. The conversation strayed far away from dark topics and by the meal's conclusion the three were full and happy. Her cheeks were pink from her glass and a half of wine, the tip of her nose also a touch rosy from her imbuing. Laughing as her hands were slapped she looked to Sol with bright eyes. Their presence was no longer needed and Bella would be quite serious should they try and help. So hand in his the pair walked back to their bedroom. Sol's question made Orii chuckle and her fiery curls swayed with the shake of her head. "You miss nothing" There was amazement in her voice and perhaps a small flicker of annoyance. Hiding things from him could prove difficult. "How will I surprise you?"

Orii proceeded to tell him about the passages, how they were either lightly guarded or not guarded at all. The door slid close behind them and she turned to face Sol, a smile on her lips. "I will not worry now that you know." Her smile grew as he suggested the move to something more pleasant. "I do believe someone made mention of eating me, for dessert." Chin lifted in his strong fingers, Oriane eager rose on her tiptoes to kiss Sol. His heat brought hers to answer, the edges of her dress floating on the rising temperature. Sighing, Orii pressed her cheek against his hand as it slid from jaw, to cheek and then to her hair. Her mouth found his again and she shifted as he pulled her closer. Flames licked along her thighs, up along her hips and over her rear, breasts and shoulders as her dress burned. Laughing against the kiss, Oriane's arms wrapped around his neck and she hopped up, forcing Sol to catch her. Her dress was not the only casualty of her burning.

A hand moved to brush Nyen, the warmth of her hand meeting it's burning, tickling along her fingers as she stroked the little star. Remembering her previous test, Orii picked an idea similar to her last one, having enjoyed the chase. She'd called him a barbarian earlier and now she played this out. A scene appeared of him carrying her down the ladder and setting her down. Oriane took this time to flee, making a growling Sol give chase... What followed was Sol pressing her against various bits of furniture as he took her. Flames licking their body as his hands held her hips down over the table they had just had dinner on. Her cheek pressed to the surface as she watched him take her in the darkened window. Slowly breaking the kiss, she withdrew her hand, but not before stroking Nyen's surface lovingly. "I do believe you have awoken something in me" In truth she felt ravenous for him, unable to help the hormones he'd released. Unwilling to try and feeling no shame in her desires. "Do you regret it?"

Hands kneaded his neck as her lips trialed down along his jaw, a playful nip before continuing down to his neck. Licking along the strong column, her nose played against the tender skin just behind his ear. Teeth scraping against his neck, before she bit him again, a small, clearly feline growl coming from his firebird. Pulling back, her tongue dipped into the bite marks. A gentle kiss was placed to his neck. "My dress has all but turned to ash... I never had this problem before you. I now think I shall need fire proof clothing." Her eyes danced playfully. "I would say no clothing, but something tells me that my Sun would not take kindly to others looking at what belongs to him" Her words playful as she tried to rile him on purpose, finding a small thrill from when he got growly and possessive.

Sol was amused at the slight agitation produced by his attentiveness and her frustration at the thought of how difficult it might be to surprise him. A smile pulled at his lips and he gave a low chuckle as he shook his head slowly and spoke, “It’s in my nature and part of my job to be attentive and, for you, my attention is limitless and focused.” His eyes glimmered brightly as he gazed into hers and listened carefully to the words she had to say in regards to the lightly patrolled, if that well-guarded, passages that lay between the framework of the floors. As she smiled and expressed her confidence and security in him, Sol warmed knowing that she trusted him so implicitly and his smile conveyed how deeply touched the human man felt by her words.

However, her words brought his attentiveness elsewhere as he brought his fingers beneath her chin and lifted her to meet his lips for a heated, passionate kiss. Air shimmering and shifting around them from the heat their collective presences exuded, Sol felt flames licking at his clothing as her dress caught fire and turned to cinders before the mighty heat his firebird brought to bear. As she jumped at him, Sol’s mighty arms wrapped beneath her rear and held her with ease and a delighted, low chuckle left him as his skin began to glow faintly with his white-blue aura of starlight. “A fine dessert you will make, all aflame and deliciously smooth beneath my touch,” he whispered hotly against her lips and nibbled her lower lip as if to accentuate his words. His body agreed as the pants he wore held back his shaft as it strained to be free from its confinement, twitching with the eagerness her naked body awoke within him.

As she reached for Nyen, Sol would swear he felt the mote tremble with anticipation as his own body reflexively grew excited as she brought her hand into the ball of superheated plasma. Watching in his mind’s eye as the scene so vividly played out against the backdrop of their collective consciousnesses. Growling with delight, he apparently enjoyed the scene as his clothes began to slowly smolder and crumble to ash before carrying away from his form from the rising currents of heat their bodies produced. With a resounding ’smack’, his freed manhood slapped against her backside with an undeniable fervor as he shivered a little from the vision she played for him. As the kiss broke and her hand pulled from within Nyen, Sol was left breathing deep and jagged and his eyes were half-lidded as he gazed lustfully at her. His hunger for her was only paralleled by what she inherently desired of him.

“Good...It should be awakened for me...Why would I regret awakening my perfect match?” Sol asked a question of his own in response, his voice laden with ardor as his neck stretched to her ministrations. A gentle moan left him as she nipped at his jaw and his knees shook softly as he bore her weight with one arm to allow the other to trace a tantalizing path along her spin. His fingernails and tips caressed her skin before he reached her shoulder and dug in a little, feeling the bite on his neck with a pleased gasp preceded a low, deep growl. A few deep breaths were required for him to regain a little more of his faculties as she withdrew her teeth and he bit his lower lip as he looked intensely at her. He chuckled at her statement about her clothes turning to ash and about her need for fireproof clothing, shaking his head as he lightly chewed his lower lip. Then, as she teased him about no clothing, his laughter turned into a possessive, warning growl as he brought his lips beneath her ear and nipped at the sensitive flesh there.

“Indeed, you are made for my eyes and MINE alone...I’ll blind anyone who dares tell me otherwise,” he threatened with a growl before he returned his lips to a lower portion of her neck. He’d placed a few soft kisses along the way before biting down onto her neck hard enough to break his canines through the skin a little and to leave definitive marks on her. He wasn’t certain as to why he enjoyed marking her so much, nor why he hadn’t done so in the past, but she seemed to enjoy it just as much and that was enough to make him happy. Slowly, Sol began to make his way towards their bed as his tongue danced along the flesh he held between his teeth, creating spiral patterns and zig-zags across as he lightly suckled before pulling his mouth off with a ’pop’. Curving a figure-eight with the tip of his tongue between the marks of his canines, Sol gave her another gentle kiss to the fierce marking he’d left before an idea flashed in his mind.

Suddenly, Oriane would feel her body lifted strongly from underneath as Sol brought his other arm back to grab her by the hips as his other hand clasped her firmly. With a smirk of confidence, Sol trailed kisses and soft flicks of his tongue along the frontside of her body as he lifted her ever higher until her thighs were level with his shoulders. Quickly, he’d pushed his head between her legs and proffered a slow, tantalizing lick alongside her sensitive folds. Parting her with his lips, he brought his tongue more directly against her and began assailing her slowly with his mouth and his grip tightened on her hips, securing her in that position of being inescapably held to languish beneath his heated breaths and lurid tongue.

Back
Top Bottom