Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

"Unwilling Pawns in Her Depraved Game" OOC

Do I need to do a roll to climb the statue?
Also, I may have misunderstood, but by "Nor did he have his asset hanging about", did you mean that the statue does not have its genitals sculpted? Like, he's smooth and flat down there?

How much would be the most Vivian would be able to carry, then? I figure with the way they'd been prepared, scooping them up onto a tray, as a waitress may be accustomed to, wouldn't be out of the question, but I can edit it to whatever seems reasonable.

@UseAlex
It doesn't have anything sculpted down there... yet. Nor do you have to make a roll on this, the rolls are coming for something else.

@Ironuyh
Something like a bag or jar would work perfectly fine as well. Honestly, how someone can carry their inventory is something I don't want to dwell on for this. We're just going video game mode, everything just fits in the pockets. Even if they're not wearing any pockets.

I'm definitely gonna accidentally post in first person at some point in this game, haha. I very nearly just did it now before catching myself.

Sorry for the delay reply. I was spending a good chunk of the day writing up the future corridors and challenges for the next couple levels so I'm ready to write them up when we get to them. I will make sure to always have at least one reply a day.

What will be found in each route is fixed but I will give no clues ahead of time what will be there. So it's up to luck if you choose a route your character can or can't handle. It's to keep things fair and not to come across as favoring certain characters on my end. The only hard part is coming up with all the scenarios, knowing most of them won't be seen. lol

Is Anna Marie really just supposed to guess when there's 27 different combinations? Or maybe it's more like getting the right combo is the jackpot to avoid the approaching violation?

The approaching violation, if it starts, just raises the arousal so she can still get the code in during that to stop it... I have the correct combination (formed from an online RNG) but I'm not going to allow something like having to go through all 27 guesses. I have something in mind for that.

I can't really make a post until @Karasuhime makes one.

Also, @ChrisGabriel I appreciate your attempt to make things expedient but I need everyone's turns to line up properly. That way I can keep track of who's ahead. I can make multiple posts regarding your rolls but it'll mean I won't have any new commands to give you until everyone else has got the same number of turns again.

I can't really make a post until @Karasuhime makes one.

Also, @ChrisGabriel I appreciate your attempt to make things expedient but I need everyone's turns to line up properly. That way I can keep track of who's ahead. I can make multiple posts regarding your rolls but it'll mean I won't have any new commands to give you until everyone else has got the same number of turns again.

This I do not understand. You wrote what I have to roll, and what it means, I did not added anything else to my 'turn'.

So, you saw how everyone has to make multiple turns when going through a 'corridor' or having to deal with one of the 'challenges' at the end? That's what I'm referring to. UseAlex's character so far had 3 turns in her challenge room (with the statue). Silverbird's character had 2 so far because she spent one more turn in the corridor beforehand. This is a race, so the turns are set up to track who's ahead of whom.

You would only make one roll now, it fails so you must make an attempt to roll again on the next turn. That's how it's currently set up.

That said, because there's already consequences for having to make multiple rolls during a challenge I have thought of making everything that happens in a challenge room to take place all in one turn. Otherwise having multiple fail rolls before getting one that passes would result in both higher arousal as punishment and falling behind in the race since it was taking longer to get through. While in context that might make sense, it might not work so well for the gameplay aspect. So if enough people want to switch over to that system where the challenges occur all in one turn (or in the context of the plot, one moment of time) then we can do just that.

If you can make every turn interesting, I am okay with playing them out one after another. But I think that it would be still better if one kind of challange (something that possibly takes X turn) would be in a post, not every round of it in different ones. After all, we can still count the turns it takes, but one turn shouldn't be long enough to wait a day for the next one (Otherwise this would be very looooong and kind of boring to wait for all the others.)

That said, my 4 turns of rope and clothes pulling should/could be easily in the same post as the 2 turns trying to get away and through the door. But if there is a choice because I am still among the horses in the X round, that could merit a new post.

The gameplay still has to remain expedient, especially since most people are not going to be able to reply right away.

Okay everyone, I'll change things around where the 'corridors' (Be it actual corridors or other routes like the courtyard, study or kitchen) will count as multiple turns but challenges (Anna's armory, Willow's stables, Vivian's dinning room, etc) will count as one 'turn' as far as the flow of time within the plot are concerned. That way, it'll be easy for me to track who is in what place regarding this race.

Luckily since this is the first floor, no one is really ahead of everyone else. This is just a tutorial floor and everyone will met up on the 2nd floor. After that though, the race really begins.

I think it would be worthwhile to try the system, for sure. If it doesn't work, we can try something else. But yeah, it does feel like this new system might be better.

I mean, I'd be fine with whatever you feel is most fitting. Both options seem to have their merits.

I'm happy to try the new system, but my gut feeling is that it introduces worse problems than it solves, so I'd like to argue against it for a moment.

If we make a challenge only take one 'turn' of in-game time, that either means:
1. Resolving multiple rolls in one post (which it looks like is the plan, from the latest posts?); or
2. Disconnecting the number of posts from in-game time (so say I've posted 5 times, but I'm still on Turn 3 because the last few posts were all one challenge).

If we do the first, it speeds things up but I'm worried that it takes out some of the back-and-forth, which for me is part of the fun. For me, multiple posts of "I try to get away but fail" interspersed with progressing violation might be a bit repetitive, but I feel it's more interesting than a single post of "tell me how long it takes you to get away" and a single post of the consequences. I also worry that that'll make challenges feel a bit less distinct ("roll to see how long you get violated for"; "ok, gain this much arousal and move on").

If we do the second, we get weird time artifacts where, say, the first person to reach a floor in posts is not the first to reach it in game-time, or where something like Opera Singer goes off and should have affected someone, but they're ahead in game-time already. That's always an issue for play by post, but it feels a little worse than usual for this game. On the plus side, it does open up possibilities like "and then they tie you up and leave you there for X turns", which would be a bit tedious on the old system.

Anyway, will post in a few hours!

The above certainly seems to be reasonable in terms of concerns. Like I'd said, both have merits, but with those come with demerits. I'd be fine with either method going forth.

Also, not to basically cause myself more strife, but wouldn't Vivian's arousal be at 6, now? Was three before the octopus, then I presume it's a gain of 1+1 from the groping and filthy, then another+1 from the snack? Perhaps I'm wrong, but I figure I should ask to understand the formula going forward.

@Ironuyh
I could've miscounted, yes. I think it was at 6 now since the snack should've rose the arousal one more time. I'll get that corrected soon.

@Silverbird
Some of that was my initial concern when I was first making this system. I wanted the challenges to line up with the timeline of the plot as much as I could. But I'm also concerned with posts becoming far too repetitive and drag on too much. I can say though that with the new system, that doesn't mean we're only making one post per challenge. There would still be multiple posts, just multiple posts for a single 'turn', or a single 'tick' if you want to use video game language. I still intend on keeping things fleshed out as best as I could.

But that too could complicate events like you described, such as the Opera Singer example you gave.

Well, I guess we can always handwave any problems that come up by saying that time and space sometimes work a little strangely in this place.

Okay, now that I've tried writing a post in the new system, I think I prefer the old one. The anticipation of not knowing how long it is going to take, and making the rolls so slowly, wondering if today is the day I break out of the grapple... it's all a lot of fun. But just rolling over and over and learning that it'll take me 3 rolls, it's not nearly as fun. But, of course, the posts on each day need to be interesting to read and write for that system to be worthwhile. I feel like something new should happen with each post, even if nothing changing mechanically. Using my predicament as an example, you could describe the statue groping me the first time I fail, and spanking me the second, and fingering the third, even if it's just +1 arousal each time.

I'll have some time to work out the kinks from the system still (pun intended). There's a lot of factors I'm trying to juggle in my brain.

Anyways, just need @Karasuhime to finish the challenge and then we'll have the second meeting with the Mistress. Then the rest of the rules for the game will be established to the characters and such.

That octopus was absolutely dominating Vivian. That was so hot! So should we make another post reacting to what happened to us, just for fun? I think I will, even if no one else wants to.

Back
Top Bottom