Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Unbound (PoisonousIvee/Mr.Aznable)

He didn't despise her, he just couldn't find any words. No matter how many times he tried, tried to call out to her as she walked past, they never came to him.

There had to be a way for him to communicate how he felt to her? She was a woman at the end of the day, she had to like things other women liked? She was an alchemist, too, so flowers or something similar would surely do the trick? They lived in an area where there were an abundance of flora, it would be so easy to just go out and find her something.

There were willow anthers and noble sedges and horn lilies and stoneflowers everywhere, all of them he knew she used frequently in her alchemy. They were all purple and blue in color and they all reminded him of her; serene in a desolate waste, flourishing where nothing else really would. These would do it.

She was organizing her books and scrolls when he came in, looking over at him and giving her usual smile.
"Go out for a walk? How is it, not too humid?"

"No, thankfully not too bad.." he said. "I uhm.. noticed you were low on these and I uh.. grabbed some.. for you.." he said, holding out the large arrangement of flowers.

She blinked and blushed darkly before she took them from him, "They're quite lovely...thank you so much, Hulara...I hope you don't mind that I spare one of each? The arrangement is very beautiful.."

"I don't mind at all.." he said, trying not to fidget. This was all alien to him, he had no clue what to do.

She nodded and moved to delicately take one of each flower, placing them in a vase on her shelf. She smiled faintly and his heart ached. Just spit it out already, there was nothing to be scared of.

He made a noise and cleared his throat. "I-I um.. have something to say." Hist, this was the worst.

She blinked and turned fully toward him, "Yes? What's wrong? Ah..." She looked down, "You probably wish to leave, don't you...?"

She looked up, almost relieved, gripping the bouquet tight to her chest, "Then what is it...? You know you can tell me anything, Hulara.."

"Your confession earlier.. simply startled me.. I.. I hope you know I do feel the same.." he said, white knuckling the hem of his tunic.

Before he could really register what happened, she dropped the bouquet and threw her arms around his neck, kissing him deeply.

Back
Top Bottom