Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Unbound (PoisonousIvee/Mr.Aznable)

Things were smooth for them for a while, but she noticed now that everything he did seemed to draw her attention. In a pleasant way, of course.

He always drew her attention, since day one. She knew the moment she saw him that she wanted to be apart of his life. He was handsome, witty, strong; he was also kind and patient, and she couldn't remember a time where anyone was like that with her. She wanted to try and convey her feelings to him in small, subtle ways but he never seemed like he caught on. Maybe he didn't feel the same way? The prospect made her heart ache, but it would have been fair. He didn't owe her that way, or at all for that matter. Sometimes she would lie awake at night, watching him as his gills hissed with his soft snores, and imagine being his wife and filling his days with endless joy and love as he deserved.
"I can't grant you the power to do it, girl. You know this to be true." Her Prince would whisper to her in the night, his voice murky and heavy with the bloat of boundless knowledge. She gripped the blanket tight and squeezed her eyes shut. No, she would reply quietly, he should love me on his own.
She had his whole life to wait, as heartbreaking as that was. But she was happy to do it.

He was oblivious to how badly she wanted to be with him. In all honesty, he wasn't quite sure how to tell her, she seemed so preoccupied with her studies. Not that he minded, but still.

She told him she would be in her alchemy room if he needed her for anything, but really she just his in there to watch him and try to muster the courage to confess. She was so anxious she felt sick, but she had to try. Maybe if she made a potion, it would give her the courage she needed? She nodded and ground up her ingredients, mixing them up before downing it in one go. She gagged and coughed, never quite getting the taste down.

She felt.. something, that was for certain. But, nevertheless, soon enough he was on his way up to the alchemy tower to see if she needed anything.

She could tell by the way his long claws scraped against the floors that he was coming to see her. Good...good! She could see if the potion really worked! This was fantastic!

"Yes, actually!" She chirped as she opened the door, "In fact, you're just the Saxhleel I wanted to see!"

"Well, I just had something very important to tell you." Her cheeks flushed gently and she cleared her throat, "I have feelings for you, and I want to one day become your wife."

"I, uh...I want to...be with you... romantically.." She said, blushing more, "You're a very handsome male, very strong, kind, patient...the rare times we go into town, you show off very well that you are vastly superior to the dunmer who look down on you, and I find that to be incredibly attractive."

"Th-This is all very sudden, Satlyn.." he said. "I thank you for your kind words.." he said. In truth, he was uncomfortable with this, as he didn't like being the center of attention, and wasn't used to praise.

She felt her heart sink. He didn't return her feelings after all. "You're welcome..." She smiled anyway, "Sorry to bother you...you don't have to entertain my ramblings anymore.."

He sank a bit. He didn't like seeing her like that, did she get the wrong impression? He didn't run away or anything. He was just at a loss for words.

"If you like, I can start on dinner soon? You're probably hungry from your chores. I can make your favorite, spiced guar and buttered ash yam? I made fresh whickwheat the other morning, if you recall, we could have that as well." He could see she was trying so hard to be brave; her eyes betrayed the pain she tried to keep from him, even as she smiled, "We could even enjoy some sujamma!"

He nodded a bit. "Of course, Satlyn, that would be wonderful.." he said. This was terrible. The days drug on, and nothing seemed to get better for them.

She didn't ask for his help with her magic anymore, she felt like after that it would be wrong. But she continued to show him the same hospitality she always had. There was just no longer any intimacy. She didn't kick him out of her bed nor did she sleep in a separate room. But it hurt, being so close to him like this.

Back
Top Bottom