You Want It? Say So. (PoisonousIvee/Mr.Aznable)

He was clumsy when he put some of the larger books away, but still tried to be gentle. Sometimes too gentle, and it took him an age and a half to put away some older looking books.

Half of the time, her years as a librarian made her want to help. The other half she was more than happy to watch him.

Finally, after what felt like years of watching the smoke pour from his ears as he tried to figure out how to organize the books, he was finished. Not all the books were facing the right way, not all were right side up, but at least they were in the right spot.

She stumbled a bit before righting herself, "You did great, honey pot...just fix a couple of them, ok? Th-They can't be upside down or you can't read the spine...and some of them you can't see the spine at all.."

"The.. spine??" He asked. He muttered quietly to himself, "I didn' know they had bones.." he sat there pondering that for a moment before he began fixing the books as she instructed.

Something in the room suddenly smelt very sweet, Kimia fighting her shaking as she watched him, "Th-This part..." She grabbed a lower book to show him the long part on the outward half where the title was, "Th-This is called a spine...th-there are...n-no bones in it...it's called that cuz it keeps the book together.."

"Huh.. but.. yer spine keeps you walkin upright, don't it? I dunno about it keepin you together.." he said, continuing to reorganize the books.

God, I love you, she thought. "Exactly." She told him, showing him where the books should go and how they needed to face.

Back
Top Bottom