Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Looks wont get you everywhere [fancy brat]

"Well, I know there is shampoo, though nobody really bothers to take it sometimes. We're working quite a lot throughout the day that sometimes a bath is out of the question." he said with a chuckle. He knew that Sapphire would have something to say about that. Riley could sense how lonely he was without Jenny, but he knew that he'd be able to see her at the fair. "Hey, don't worry about her. I'm sure she's just fine and worried about you too. So just work your butt off for her all right?" he said, starting to head out but turned to face him first. "Ah, if you need any help with something, be sure to call me all right?" he called before heading out for work. things were certainly going to get interesting around here.

The pony's bright blue eyes widened considerably and he dropped his brush to the ground. He wirled around to face his friend with a look of horror. "Skipping your baths?! Oh that is simply... gooh simply... disgusting!" Sapphire pulled his hands to his chest and shuddered at the mear thought. "Oh I am going to hate it here," he whined softly.

With a sigh the small stalion dropped his hands and slolwy turned before bending down to pick up the brush once more. As Riley spoke about his beloved rider, his ears drooped as did his shoulders. "I hope you are right," he stated with a soft sigh, but went back to his brushing.

------
[I didn't think anything else would happen so I posted this, if you had something in mind that kept Riley in the barn a bit longer, then just disregard this part XD]

A couple hours had passed and he had gotten quite a bit done, but he needed a bit of help. Sapphire put his brush down and left the barn to go look for his friend.

After leaving the barn, Riley had joined together with the other heavy-lifting stallions, though he could have swore he heard Sapphire saying something about his baths, just as he had thought. The others had asked him a few questions about Sapphire, which he had no problem talking to them about. They were indeed a bit surprised, but understood the situation he was in with his owner. They went along with their work once more, carrying the bails of hay and other material they needed to move. Riley had soon taken a break from the group, as they seemed done for now. He turned to see Sapphire looking around a bit, a little confused. He casually walked over, a little smile on his face. "Hey. What's up?"

Sapphire blinked a bit and looked up with a smile of his own at Riley. "Oh good, here you are," he said with a relieved sigh. The poor pony looked a bit tired out already, he'd never worked with his upper body for so long before, and he was covered in splotches of dirt. He didn't seem to upset -probably because he had yet to notice the dirt.

"I have cleaned up most of the barn, the stables still need to be done, but I need some help moving some berrals from one corner to the other. I tried to lift them, but they are far to heavy for me. Would you mind terribly giving me a hand?"

Riley looked over Sapphire a bit, seeing just how dirty he was from all the work he was doing in the barn. He figured that he would have been complaining about it by now, but it seemed that was the least of his worries. A slight grin appeared on his face at his request, his tail flicking gently to the side as he crossed his arms over his chest. "Hmm? I suppose that's a simple enough request. Of course I will. Just tell me what to move." he said, heading into the barn with him.

"Thank you Riley," he said with another sigh. Sapphire led the way to the barn, his hips swaying just so again, the pretty black tail swaying from side to side just a bit. When they entered the barn, the inside looked very different. Before all the walls and beams had been a dark brown color, but now they were a shinny red.

"Over here please," he requested as he moved to the back of the barn. "I need those barrels over there," he pointed to six wooden barrles filled with god knows what that were stacked in a pyramid fashion against the corner. "Over to that corner," the pony pointed to the opposite corner which had already been scrubbed clean.

Riley walked into the barn, almost debating if they were still in the same place. This was the barn before? "Wow, I knew you'd be good with this job, but this is great." he said with an approving nod. He followed Sapphire until he took a glance at the barrels in the corner. "Oh those? No problem. So sit tight." he said, heading over as he one by one took the barrels and set them in the other corner where it was much cleaner. If he went on like this, maybe he would find himself with nothing to clean. After setting them aside, he turned back to Sapphire, a slight trail of sweat coming running down his face. "Well, there you go. Is there anything else you need?"

Sapphire nodded his head and lifted himself up to sit on the edge of a stall, his arms pressed close to his body. He was leaning forward a bit at the waist, and if it weren't for the fact he was shirtless, one would see him as a girl.

A happy smile formed on his lips when his friend finished moving the barrals. "Thank you very much Riley," he said before sliding himself off of the stall to stand and walk over to the larger stallion. "You are all sweaty," he said with a scrunch of his nose, and lifted his hand to wipe away the bead that had rolled down the work horses face.

riley turned to look over at Sapphire who was watching as he sat on the edge of the stall. He wasn't trying to make fun of him or anything, but with his appearance and build, he could have passed as a female to Riley, or perhaps any of the other stallions here. He walked over to him, a slight grin on his face. "No problem." He didn't even blink as Sapphire went to wipe off the sweat from his face. "Ah..well that's the result from working so much. It looks like your work has you sweating a bit as well."

Sapphire tilted his head to the side and gave his friend a curiouse look before tilting his head down to look at himself. "UWAH!!!" It seemed he hadn't realized how dirty he had gotten, and once again tears welled in his eyes. "Oh goodness I am FILTHY!"

The show pony's breath picked up to the point he was panting, his eyes wide as he tried to wipe away the dirt. But his hands were just as grimmy, and he ended up smearing the dirt into his once white fur. "Oh no, oh no, oh no," he chanted, his breathing turning into hyper ventilating.

Riley's brow rose slightly at Sapphire's sudden change of attitude. Had he really only just noticed how dirty he had become. Perhaps he was too focused on his work to pay attention to it. But now that he had, things were getting loud once again. He felt like teasing him a bit, but he could see that things were starting to get serious now. "Woah woah. Hold up there. We can get you cleaned up in no time. After the job you've done, I'm sure the farmer will be just fine. We'll have you are proper by the end all right?" he said, trying to calm him down as best he could.

"Oh my fur my fur," he sobbed softly, clenching his eyes shut which allowed some of the tears to fall and matt the fur by his eyes together.

Sapphire looked up at Riley when the larger horse started to speak, and he took in a few shaky, hiccuping breaths. The prospect of getting cleaned up a bit made it easier for him to breath. "Oh you promise Riley?" he asked with pleading eyes.

"Geez...don't look at me like that. I promise." he said, kneeling slightly to pat him reassuringly on the shoulder. "If you need to, I can get you a bath right now, unless you wanna keep working and build it up. I don't know if you ever had that feeling, but getting a whole bunch of dirt off you after a long day of work is oh so satisfying."

Sapphire sniffed a few times, still looking at his friend with crestfallen eyes. "If I get a bath now, will I get one before I go to bed. I can't sleep in filth Riley I just can't."

Confusion shone in his dark blue eyes at the comment. "Why is it satisfying? this feeling is horrible!"

"Hmm...perhaps the feeling of having it all over you is bad in some cases. though once you've gotten you're nice long bath, then everything's better already. You just watch all the dirt slide right off your body. come on now. Don't get all teary with me." he said, gripping his arm gently as he brought him to his feet. "Let's see. If you were to take a bath now, you'd still be woring, only to get yourself dirty again. If you do a good job then, I'm sure the farmer will have no excuses."

White ears flattened against his head and he nodded his head solomly. "If you say so, then I will trust you," he said with a soft sigh.

In an attempt to distract himself form the fact he was covered in dirt, he changed the subject. "When do we eat?"

Riley grinned as he patted him gently on the head. "Good to hear. Just pull through all right? Trust me, you'll really feel satisfied with that shower after a long day's work. He grinned at his next question. "Well, I'm glad you asked. You just reminded me that we're actually supposed to have a bit of a lunch break right now. And of course, at the end of the day, we have a great dinner waiting for us. The farmer's wife can sure make some great stuff."

Sapphire nodded his head, but he still looked crestfallen. "Alright," he said softly, his ears still drooping against his head. He was tempted to take a look at his hair to assess the damage, but was afraid he'd have a heart attack at what he'd find, so decided against it.

"What is it we eat for lunch Riley?" the show pony asked, straightening his posture to perfection. No need to get out of shape!

Riley could still see that Sapphire was still a bit in shock with the dirt and everything. "Hey, don't look so down all right? After your bath, I'll make sure to help you looking at your best again. How does that sound?" He knew that Sapphire would probably be glad to hear that. "As for lunch, we usually have a good bit of meat, maybe a few sandwiches and a good deal of fruit. Something for everyone." he said.

The offer to help him made his bright blue eyes shine a bit and his ears to perk. "Oh Riley, I would appreciate that very much," he said with a bit of joy in his voice.

That joy was forced away at the food options. "Meat?!" Sapphire sounded absoluetly appaled! "Barbaric!" But at least there was fruits and sandwhiches. The show pony gave a soft sigh. "I do not think I will ever get used to living here," he stated in a sad voice. "But fruit sounds lovely, shall we go get some?"

Riley was glad to see him brighten up at bit with his offer, though he couldn't help but laugh a bit at his reaction to meat. "Ha, well I don't think you had to respond like that. Yes, they have a bunch of fruit for you then. If you'd like to get some right now, that'd be fine with me. I'd like to much on something right now anyway."

The show pony was about to go on a rant about how eating meat was no better then being a cannable, but he restrained himself. "Alright then. Do lead the way?" he asked softly, not knowing where this food would be handed out or whatever.

It was only a short walk from where they were. Just outside the house, they could see the farmer's wife setting out the food on a table outside for them. She had then gone back into the house. "Well, here we are. Got some water as well." He nabbed a sandwich and an apple as he started to eat, glancing over to see what Sapphire would get.

Sapphire followed after his friend, keeping his eyes forward, not wanting to look at himself and get upset over the dirt once more. Once he reached the food he picked up a cucumber sandwhich and nothing more, there was a reason he had such a slim figure.

He ate silently as he stood beside his friend.

Back
Top Bottom