Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Looks wont get you everywhere [fancy brat]

Name: Saphire
Personality: Some would call him high maintenance as he comes from a ranch used to breed and train show horses. He has very defined mannerisms and is easily appalled by a belch r the thought of manual labor.
Bio: Saphire comes from a long line of show horses, and has been trained from a young age how to follow in their hoovesteps. He was bought by a very wealthy family for a little girl to groom, take care of, ride, and show him off, and for years he lived that life of luxury. Though there's always a but, and this one is that the family went bankrupt, and they had to sell Saphire. The girl didn't want to sell him back to the ranch he had come from, because she still wanted to visit him, so the family sold him to the girls uncle. Unfortunately for Saphire, the uncle owns a farm further south, with horses that work and stables that aren't painted white and are roomy. Now he has to learn how to live on a working farm, yet still be shown off! But now at county fairs instead of big horse shows.

appearance:
df0e6b6d85a19a9a00eab5431f0ca08c.jpg

Name: Riley
Personality: Riley is known to be a very hard worker. He is more than willing to carry out tough jobs, especially the ones involving heavy lifting. He is rather sympathetic and understanding, but he is annoyed easily when people don't do what they have been assigned.
Bio: Riley comes from a line of horses known for their overall strength and performance. Growing up, he was taught to carry out work as quick as possible and to the best of your ability, doing as much as you can to help yourself and others. Since learning that, he has kept those morals as he was moved to the farm for work. It didn't take very long for him to fit in, as he seemed to actually outshine the others, looked upon as a shining example to any newcomers. He grew very used to the heavy work and was more than satisifed with his quarters, which perhaps wasn't the most roomy, but certainly very comfortable.
Appearance:
http://e621.net/post/show/16493/audience-equine-flaccid-horse-horsecock-male-muscl

Normally he liked these rides. Mostly because they always ended up with him at another show where he could strut his stuff, where he could wave his head and get all the filly's to whinny and all the stallion's to drop their jaws. But not this time. A sad whinny came from the white trailer thing holding the homesick horse boy. He knew this wasn't going to take him to a show, or even a remotely civil place! But to a farm. A farm! oh the indignity! And even worse, they had taken the dress he wore that his rider had always put him in, and instead put him in a pair of dirty pants!

An old, battered looking pickup truck came to a stop in the front of a barn, and a man wearing a red plaid shirt, tan pants, and a pair of cowboy boots came out from the drivers seat. "Alright then my pretty little stallion," the man said as he rounded the trailer and opened the back doors, reveling a very unhappy looking Saphire.

Where is all the grass?! The roads are nothing but dirt, and I can't see any grass! The horse was starting to panic a bit, and when the farm owner got up into the trailer he gave a frightened neigh. 'Don't touch me you filthy man!' he complained, throwing his head back when a dirty hand was held out to touch his face. "Whoa whoa there boy, calm down Saphire, calm down," the man tried, and when that didn't work, he gave a sigh and left for the barn. "Gonna need to get a rope 'round his neck," he sighed.

Saphire stuck his head out. 'It's 'going to' and 'around' you insufferable simpleton!' Oh he was not very happy. There was nothing that could get him to set foot on this dusty, dirty ground and get his new horse shoes all dirty!

It was around early afternoon that the truck had pulled up onto the farm. There had indeed been news going around about another horse was going to be brought to the farm to do some work. This wasn't exactly a strange thing to happen, as this farm had it's handful of new horses coming in to do work. Riley had been doing his share of work, at the moment carrying a pair of heavy crates over his muscular shoulders. the impressive stallion had been working since daybreak, with a few short breaks thrown in where he would get some water and a snack of some sort. He was usually doing work himself, with the exception being that he had to assist other working stallions with something. He had been getting quite a bit of praise for his work, and that was perhaps all he needed to keep him going. With this being all he knew in his life, he really enjoyed working here. He found it that both he and the farmer were getting something. He was getting his meals and a place to sleep, while the farmer got his heavy lifting done and such. He didn't think of it as slave labor at all.

After setting down the crates where they were designated to be left, he paused for a while to glance over at the truck, noticing that the farmer was having quite a bit of trouble managing the newcomer. This was certainly a rare sight. Even if newcomers weren't very willing, they were quick to follow orders given to them. Whoever this was seem to be downright defiant. He chuckled softly at the scene that went on. He knew that the farmer would be getting a rope to try and keep him under control, but Riley didn't think it would be neccessary. He started to move over towards the truck, watching the new horse carefully. It didn't seem like he did much work before coming here. There wasn't a lot of muscle, though he had a rather shapely figure instead, but different from Riley massive build. He stopped just outside the door, grinning slightly at him. "Hey. How's it going?"

A polished, pitch black hoof was brought up and slammed down on the bottom of the trailer in defiance and annoyance. He did this a few times, it seemed like a horse version of a hissy fit. Saphire had clenched the blue eyes that gave him his name shut, and his hands clenched into fists. Though, a voice of his own species broke him out of that fit at least a bit. His hoof was no longer slammed down and his eyes were wide now, his fists relaxing. "Oh not well at all sir!" he replied in a most unhappy, almost pleading tone. "I should not be here." There was a pause as the slim equine seemed to finally get a good look at the other male he was talking to.

Riley was something he had never seen before! The male was buff and more so then the bit of muscle he had seen on other show horses, though he was dirty and Saphire made a face. "You are given baths here, right?" he asked with a bit of fear in his voice. If he wasn't groomed properly he was sure he'd die here!

Saphire's pretty little head was shaken, ebon hair flowing from side to side as he did. "That awful man is going to put a rope around my neck!" he complained, bringing a hand to the slender coulomb of flesh and gently rubbing the silky white fur there.

With all the noise he was making in the truck, Riley figured this new male was certainly not fond of work. He set himself on a small log, providing for a bench. "Hmm? Is that so?" he asked, not thinking too much of his response. He hadn't quite seen one like Sapphire himself, nor had he known any other horses that did anything but work. He certainly was very formal though. "Well, if you work well enough then you should get a nice long one. It usually depends on how good you do though." he said, walking up to the opening of the back of the truck. "I'm sure that he's not horrible. you're just giving him a hard time." he said, giving him a rather playful look. "What's your name then? Where'd you come from?"

"Work?" The blue eyes grew wide and he stared at Riley as if he had grown a second head. "I do not work!" He retorted, sounding completely insulted. Sapphire's head was thrown backwards and turned to the side, throwing his hair in a beautiful way, but he wasn't trying to get his beauty across, more his disdain.

The horse brought his arms up to his chest and crossed them. "I am not giving him a hard time. I just had my hooves polished, I'm not about to go and get them filthy buy walking around in dirt!" he said in a very disgusted tone. The ebony tail behind him swished in annoyance, the appendage arching upward a bit to keep the long hair from dragging along the floor of the trailer.

A deep breath was taken and he closed his eyes. There was no need to be rude to this horse, so he needed to calm down a bit. "My name is Sapphire, and I am from a ranch up north. I am a purebreed show horse, and have won more blue ribbons then I can recall on such short notice." There was a nod of his head, and pride seemed to glow from the stallion. "And you are?" he asked, holding a hand out to him.

Riley grumbled a bit at his attitude, not enjoying his view on work. Of course, he probably would be a bit more sympathetic since he had never done such a thing. In fact, he was rather interested in his past occupation, though he wasn't sure how he was going to deal with him. It seemed that every moment of his life was a show. "I think you're going to be picking up dust if you're gonna stay in there all day. It's pretty uch the same." he said, reaching out to take his hand in his, giving a firm shake. "I am Riley, and I've lived on this farm for all I can remember." he said, chuckling softly. "I'm pretty much the one doing the most work around here, so I know just about everything you need to know about your stay. You could say that I used to having a bit of praise myself." He didn't let go of his hand just yet though. The first step was to get him out of that truck, whether he liked it or not. All it took was a little tug to take the smaller horse out. "Think of it this way. If you insist on keeping yourself perfectly eye-catching, a bit of work can guarantee an easy living here." he said with a playful wink.

"It is a pleasure to meet you Riley, though I wish it were someplace else I must admit," he said with a polite nod. "And I thank you greatly if you are offering to help me, but I do not plan to stay here." Sapphire gave a yelping whinny as he was pulled from the trailer and his polished hooves met the dirt ground, causing dust to spray up. The horse pulled his hand from Riley's and looked down at his legs with utter devastation. "Oh how could you! You ruffian!" He yelled, tears actually starting to fill his eyes as he continued to look at the damage.

The white fur up to his knees was darkened with a bit of brown, not very noticeable, but it was like a horrible beacon to him. "Oh do not patronise me!" he retorted, pouting angrily at the taller stallion. "I am not going to be living here! Good day to you sir!" And with that, his chin was lifted sharply. his eyes were closed, and a 'humph' was heard as he started off. He was going to walk back home if need be!

The way Sapphire moved was clearly that of a show horse. Delicate and graceful, moving his hips in just the right way to be sensual but not slutty.

Riley knew he'd get the response he was given. It was quite satisfying to have someone as egoistic as him have a little joke played on him. He looked rather cute crying over a little dirt, though it probably wasn't a little to him. Riley didn't think to much of Sapphire's reaction, though he certainly wasn't going to let him leave here, though his hips had him a bit distracted at first. "Sticks and stones buddy." he said, suddenly reaching out to grab the smaller horse's shoulder, pulling him over and gently pressing him against the side of the truck, not enough to harm him, but strong enough to make sure he would get anywhere. He had even placed himself extremely close against the other, just to make sure he couldn't get away. "Life sure ain't as simple as you want it to be. I don't know about being a showhorse, but all I can see is that you swing your hips around and you get spoiled rotten. Here, you're gonna have to work a little to get those thing. And I think a little work'll do you good. You don't have a lot of muscle there do ya?" His words were rather calm and soothing, though he certainly looked rather intimidating. "I'm not sure the farmer's niece would be too happy to see you acting up now would she?"

"Uwah!" He cried out as he was easily pulled back and pushed against the side of the trailer. Blue eyes widened considerably as he looked up at the far bigger stallion. Though when his life style was insulted he visably ruffled. "Being a show horse is more then just looking pretty," he retorted. "There is a lot of learning to do, a lot must be done to make a wobbly little fol into a graceful creature, and it is not easy. The perks may be many, but that doesn't mean that life is simple."

And even under these circumstances, he couldn't help but correct grammer. "'Ain't is not a word. Neither is 'gonna,'" Small hands were pressed to Riley's chest and tried to push him away. "Of course I lack muscle. Muscle bulges the skin and displaces the fur leaving small bald spots, and that is unacceptable!"

Sapphire's eyes grew even wider at the mention of his girl. "Jenny! Jenny is here? Where is she, she will take me back home! Jenny!" He started to struggle a bit under the larger horse's hold.

This guy sure liked to hear himself talk it seemed. He was expecting this, and he meerly pressed agains thim even more now, holding his arms against the truck, bring his face rather close. "Hmm..I'm wondering whether to cut you some slack or not. I'm well-aware that your lifestyle was a lot different from mine, but you're going to have to adjust now." he said, doing all he could to limit his struggling. Sapphire's efforts were going to waste in trying to push away the clearly more powerful male. "Ah! That got your attention then didn't it?" he asked, a small grin on his face. "Well, she sin't here right now, but I did overhear that she's going to be stopping by to visit you and see how you're doing. I hear she's expecting you to do well even if you're not in a show. So I would suggest you go along with things so you don't disappoint her."

"I do not want to adjust! I was born to gallop and jump hurdles, not to lift heavy things and pull plows!" Those blue eyes were filling with tears again, and this time they were starting to fall from them and matte the fur on his face. "Oh no, now look what I've done!" A hand was lifted from the larger males chest to wipe away the tears and try to move the fur back into place with his fingertips.

Sapphire shook his head back and forth harshly. "I cannot let her see me covered in filth! And.. and eating hay instead of oats, and walking on dirt instead of fresh grass." He gave a soft sob, "not after all the work she's put in to make sure I stayed perfectly clean for years." His head shook harder. "Get off of me you barbarian of a creature!"

Riley grmbled softly at this change in personality now. He was still rather annoying, though the sight of him being reduced to tears bugged him a bit. As reluctant as he was to let him off, he allowed him free from his grip for now, though he didn't want him running off. He still wanted to knock some sense into his head. If he was looking to please this girl, he probably didn't have to do much. After all, it seemed she was going well out of her way just to see him here. "Look, I'm sure this girl means a lot to you, but you're not thinking through this enough. If you've been together all those years, then I'm positive that it doesn't matter where she sees you, or what she sees you doing. She loves you so much that she doesn't care about all that."

"She's my rider, the bond between a show horse and their rider must be strong or the signals will be misinterpreted and something could go horribly wrong in a show," and he wasn't just talking about getting a bad score, if he jumped to soon or not soon enough, both of them could be hurt considerably.

Once he was released, Sapphire pulled away from the trailer and moved his long hair to the front of him so he could comb out the paint chips with his fingers. "Then why did she send me here? I want to go home Riley, this isn't where I belong."

A gasp left his lips when his name was called out by the farmer, and the small horse couldn't help but dart behind the larger horse. "Sapphire, come on buddy, I don't wanna have to pull you out of the truck," the man said, comming around the trailer, rope in hand. "Oh good, you're out, now come on, we gotta get you inta your stable."

Once more the stallion was appalled by the grammer. 'It is 'want to' and 'we have to' and 'into'," he corrected, though knew full well it would do no good. "And I am not going into a barn! Who knows what else is in there."

"I'm pretty sure she's thinking about this too, and I'm sure this wasn't what she wanted to do either. But you need to consider the fact that she's trying to look out for you. This was probably her only option to avoid losing you. Even if you're in a position where you're not comfortable, I think you should make the most of it for her sake." he said, noticing that the farmer was coming toward them with the rope. Riley was rather used to Sapphire's grammar issues by now. "There's no point with him. It's just the way he talks." He himself had sometimes found it rather amusing, and he would occasionally take words he used. "Look here Sapphire. I'm sure that you'll find a barn is just as comfortable and sanitary as you would think. I'm not sure about space, but maybe it's since I take up quite a bit of space." he said with a little chuckle.

"That is going to drive me insane," he replied with a defeated sigh. Grammer was something he was taught when he was a very young fol, his hands still stung from the memories of rulers being swatted on them.

Sapphire's ears drooped and he nodded his head reluctantly. "Alright," he agreed and stepped out from around the taller stallion and towards the farmer.
"Ah, that's a good boy, come 'ere Sapphire."
Again he winced at the grammer but continued to go to the man. Though, when the rope was raised to be put around his head he reared back with a loud whinny. The stallion stumbled back and he slashed his tail from side to side. A rope around his neck was not acceptable in any way shape or form!

The farmer stumbled back as well at the retort, but he, unlike Sapphire, fell back onto his rump, pushing up more dirt which made the show horse very uncomfortable.

"Ha. I know what you mean. I was rather confused by it at first, but I started picking some of it up actually." He was rather satisfied seeing him go out from behind him to go with the farmer, but with one obstacle overcome, another had to be accomplished as well. "What is it now?" he muttered, stepping foward so he was behind Sapphire now. "Like I said, he's not gonna do anything to harm you. You're gonna force him to be rough with ya, and that's not something he likes doing. Trust me here." he said, watching the farmer get up now.

"A rope?! I refuse!" He snapped, looking back at Riley with a very insulted look. The thought of picking up some of the bad grammer made bile bubble in his stomach, and his face contorted in disgust. "It is not 'ya' it is 'you!'" he complained, stomping his hoof into the ground again, regretting it instantly as that cause more dirt to fly up onto his legs.

"Sapphire," the farmer said in an angry tone. "Come here. Now." But the horse refused, trowing his head back and to the side, again sending his hair flying. The man gave an irritated sigh and moved a bit faster to the show horse and wrapped the rope around the white neck, pulling at it harshly.

"Get off of me!" Sapphire cried out, arching his head back and letting out loud whinnies and neighs as he struggled against the rope, causing it to dig further into his neck.

Despite how irritated the two of them might have been, Riley found the struggle a little amusing, but it was only fun and games for a little while, as they both seemed to be in a bit of pain. He was sure that Sapphire wouldn't be warming up to the farmer anytime soon. He quickly moved forward to grab the rope from the farmer's grip, removing it from around Sapphire's neck. "Look, as long as you hang around with me, I'll make sure your time here is worth while all right? I'll help with impossible work, but you have to be able to hold your own once in a while." He grumbled softly as he placed his hand on the other's head, patting him gently. "Just don't tick me off too much or I'll leave you to him and it doesn't seem you enjoy that."

Riley was right, the rope was starting to hurt him. When it was pulled from his neck, some of his fur was stuck to it, and it was a good thing he didn't see it or there would be hell to pay! He may not be the strongest horse, but his kick would still hurt like hell.

He would have snorted at the man, but he was to dignified to do such a thing, instead he just held his head up high and allowed the patting to his head. Riley's hands may be dirty, but at least he wasn't putting a rope around his neck. "Deal."

The farmer stumbled a bit again, but when he saw his best work horse with Sapphire, he gave a sigh. "Alright Ri' You take care a the new kid," the man said with a sigh. "I'll leave the barn open for ya!" He said before leaving, rubbing at his sore rump.

riley couldn't help but chuckle a bit at the farmer, watching him walk off while still in a bit of pain. He was rather surprised to see the old man was still going strong. when he was further away, he glanced back to Sapphire, a small grin on his face. "Well, now that we're all well-acquainted, I'll show you to your quarters." he said, tossing the rope aside as he led Sapphire towards the barn. Along the way, they had passed quite a few other working stallions, some of which didn't say anything. With those that decided to say something, it was mainly about how Sapphire should rest up now and get ready for work the next day. "don't let it intimidate you too much. I'm sure that these guys won't give you too much trouble. They might just tease you a bit about the whole showhorse thing. We haven't had one like yourself working here after all." He pushed through the doors of the barn, leading him towards the two last stalls on the right side. "Mines the one in the corner, and lucky you, you can get the one next to it. Nobody's taken it yet, so I think you should get comfortable now." It was a little small, but with Sapphire's size, he'd probably be more comfortable than the others. The hay inside would provide for some comforting bedding.

Through out the walk to the barn, Sapphire held his head up high, ignoring those who ignored him and gave polite nods to those that had the decency to speak to him. Though he was very curious at the body types of all the horses here. It wasn't just Riley that was muscled. The only time the showhorse faltered in his prideful show walk was when they went past what had to be a Clydesdale, when he saw that male, his ears went down and his eyes went wide and he couldn't help but move closer to his... friend?

Thankfully, they got to the barn without much trouble, though he was still very miffed at the dirt on his once shinny black, now dull gray hooves. "They can tease if they want, there is nothing but pride in being a showhorse," he replied with a stern nod of his head.

Sapphire looked into the stall with a longing look. He missed the soft sawdust on the bottom of his ranch stall. The crisp white walls, the smell of fresh grass. But, he made no verbal complaint as he clopped into the stall, looking distantly at the hay. It would get in his fur and his hair! But he was sure that would end up being the least of his worries. "What kind of... Work," that word was said in a very unpleasant voice. "Am I going to be forced into doing here?" As he asked this, he was pulling his hair in front of him and started dutifully braiding the ebony locks. Because he was sure he wouldn't get a brush down for quite some time.

Riley had thought that maybe he'd be throwing a few comments about the stall, but he was rather satisfied that it didn't seem to be the case now. Hopefully, he'd start to get used to what he was brought here to do. "Well, that's good to know. Can't really say anything about who you are. I'm sure it wouldn't have gotten too serious anyway." At the mention of work, he could hear his disdain, but a slight grin came on his face. "Well, work usually consists of lifting a few things or just making sure that this place is appealing to anyone who happens to visit. The work isn't always hard. I mean, you could always sart slow and slowly work your way up." he said, moving to the door of Sapphire's stall. "Of course, I'd be willing to help you out if you need it."

Nimble white fingers fiddled with his hair, taking the time to get each part of the braid perfect, which made the process a bit slow going, but beauty is worth it. Sapphire winced at the mention of lifting things, but the look slowly drifted away, and a slight hope formed on his face. "Cleaning? I did that at home," he informed, looking up at Riley but never stopping in his braiding.

"I can't lift much, the only really strong part of me is my legs," and as if to prove this point, he gave a hard clop on the ground with his right hoof, sending some of the dust on that leg flying. "I am a jumper you know," he said, once more pride comming off of the small male. Finally, the braiding of his hair was done, but he gave a sigh at his tail. He couldn't braid that properly on his own. "I know this is probably a long shot but," he looked back up at the larger stallion. "Do you by chance, know how to braid a tail?"

Back
Top Bottom