Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Hoist the Colours OOC

Still looking?

Yeah, still accepting. Just no more Captains-you'd need to pick a crew to join...

You have LilGunner's crew (not LilGunner's screw autocorrect, tyvm)-- Female British Navy Captain extroidanaire, eager to see pirates hanged
Chantarelle -- Pirate Princess/Traitor to the English Crown
LordDreamCrusher-- Pirate
BennyQ-- Female French Navy Capitaine, Privateer for the French Crown

Pastel mentioned her family was dealing with the flu-so she might be a minute...Just an FYI, I don't think she's forgotten us!

I'm also working on a story arc that players can do througout the RP, along with their interpersonal interactions. If anyone wants anything included, feel free to message me and I'll see what I can do. Right now, the only details you get is a big treasure hunt where you're going to have to gather fun bits of keys before you can find the treasure.

Um, well I was under the impression that this was going to be a group freeform sandbox style game with players hashing out encounters together to mutual benefit. I can appreciate the thought process of giving a reason to make the characters clash but...well I'm not exactly sure I want to be strung along a narrative for this. Is this an optional thing? Or are you saying that this will be the focus for the game?

I offered to help Pastel, and offered to write up some arcs, she said that'd be great. That's about all I can tell you. I've been working on it for almost a week, so I'll double check with Pastel and get back to you.

It might be helpful to have some DMing type arcs tossed in to keep things moving. Otherwise we might just be stuck on our ships writing with our crew only or alone. My only concern is the battles and such TBH. No one will want to lose of course so will we just enter infinite loops of chases and/or battle?🤷🏻‍♀️

It might be helpful to have some DMing type arcs tossed in to keep things moving. Otherwise we might just be stuck on our ships writing with our crew only or alone. My only concern is the battles and such TBH. No one will want to lose of course so will we just enter infinite loops of chases and/or battle?🤷🏻‍♀️

Good question. Should we roll the dice for our actions against other players?

If you went with a dice system then you'd need stats for the different ships and a way to balance that out. Could get complicated quickly.

Hi everyone, work got real crazy last week but I am now free. Let me know if there's anything I can do to help.

@Damien_Akira @Lord DreamCrusher Dice is a possibility. I don’t think it needs to be so complex for stats or anything. Could be as simple as...say you’re attack broad side with 20 cannons. Roll 20 D10s and all the evens hit or something like that. I dunno just wondering on ways to make potential sea battles more...sensible and not allow too much OP....ness....lol Or we could just trust everyone to write sensibly too🤷🏻‍♀️

Okay well what about different cannon poundage? Do you start tracking damage based on cannonball weight then? I seem to be in the minority but I trust people to come together and work out enjoyable scenes together, that is why we are here after all, and a loss doesn't have to mean game over. Damaging the sails or rudder can make pursuit impossible for instance. Nobody wants to lose all the time but winning all the time is just as boring.

I agree with you both there. Losses build character & makes overcoming them a lot more exciting. I'm all for being sensible when it comes to having a 'fair' fight.

So on the topic of the whole dice roll system thing. I don’t know how to do any of that. It’s why I only play freeform games.

Back
Top Bottom