Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Hoist the Colours OOC

Hey all. Was considering a character based on Princess Sela. Her brother was King (I hear @LilGunner has the go ahead to play Captain of the Kings navy. My idea was that when MC gave up her title of Princess by becoming a pirate (mainly to rebel against her brother, the King) she would have taken a crew of loyal navy men with her even stealing a ship from the royal fleet. Would this be acceptable @Pastel ?

Guess we know what ship we’re attacking first then. Traitors to the crown shall be hanged!

@LilGunner would you be oppossed to me as your first officer?

1st Lieutenant? Sure! Pretty sure we’ve got a Surgeon on lock as well.

Sorry peeps, crazy work days ~

Alrighty. First off I want to say how much I adore you @di moon you are amazballs. This lovely has agreed to help me getting this going and organized.

It sounds like everyone is down with a bit of fantasy elements here and there. I personally like that as well. I think it's safe to say that this will have a mood similar to PotC.

There wont be a shortage on gunpowder 👍🏻I wont put restrictions on weaponry as long as it makes sense and goes with the theme. Obviously no giant death rays or laser vision.

We are currently in the process of getting character profile sheets up ~ thanks again to Di!!! I think art pics will be the way to go.

@Chantarelle I don't see a problem with this. @LilGunner is pretty much in charge of our Royal Navy, so if it works for her as well I say it's a go 😊

I feel that we should keep ships to a minimal and divide up crew members as best as possible? It may be easier to keep track that way. We can set up a portion in the character profile sheets stating who is on what ship etc.

Altercations between ships is a given. Since this is a story based roleplay I'll let everyone handle that themselves. We can always use a dice roll site to keep a log for that, if it's easier.

I hope I covered everyone's questions lol. If not I apologize. Remember, suggestions are always welcomed!!

Hey all. Was considering a character based on Princess Sela. Her brother was King (I hear @LilGunner has the go ahead to play Captain of the Kings navy. My idea was that when MC gave up her title of Princess by becoming a pirate (mainly to rebel against her brother, the King) she would have taken a crew of loyal navy men with her even stealing a ship from the royal fleet. Would this be acceptable @Pastel ?
Damn I was kinda considering a similar backstory for my character. Noble daughter turned pirate to escape an arranged marriage.

Agreed! I would be honored to be first lieutenant under your command.

As far as the setting goes, are we thinking a whole alternative world or Earth with some changes?

Dope! No quarter for pirates!

Either or works in my book. Already done my research assuming the time frame with King George II on the throne.

I'll probably have one character as a doctor/surgeon type aboard @LilGunners royal naval vessel and probably a second character as a pirate/privateer captain if we can squeeze in another ship here.

Damn I was kinda considering a similar backstory for my character. Noble daughter turned pirate to escape an arranged marriage.

Disgraced nobles for everyone!

😁

But seriously, I haven’t given too much thought to a concept yet. Maybe a priest with too much of a taste for worldly pleasures?

Given how we already have a few English characters, I suppose my privateer captain ought to be French 💪

I'm in ! Now what role should I play? Hmm. I like idea of a sous chef or a fighter? Perhaps a roguish pirate?

@LilGunner 😉

@xanaphia I’m sorry. ☹️ She could still be. Or, just throwing this out there...our characters could be sisters to the king and he was set to marry us off. Could be cool. Sister captains. But it’s up to you.

@LilGunner 😉

@xanaphia I’m sorry. ☹ She could still be. Or, just throwing this out there...our characters could be sisters to the king and he was set to marry us off. Could be cool. Sister captains. But it’s up to you.
Well, i am leaning towards a dark skinned face claim, idk if sistets makes sense. But maybe it could still be different enough.

I am leaning towards a North African country for my character, once recently subjugated by a European colonial power. My character was going to be married off to the incoming governor, to create the facade of legitimate authority, but she fled. Now she is stockpiling wealth and weapons to finance a rebellion against colonial powers. Thinking Algiers, or maybe Morocco

I'm in ! Now what role should I play? Hmm. I like idea of a sous chef or a fighter? Perhaps a roguish pirate?

A pirate and fighter would likely be the same person🤷🏻‍♀️ Or you could always join the side of righteous fury! See the world: join His Majesty’s Navy today!

Talk about peer pressure. I'm almost tempted to join. Meh. Why not?

***??? has joined His Majesty's party***

MC will be in need of a crew for all that would like to be apart of it.

@xanaphia maybe YC would like being on a ship captained by a fellow ex-royal who dreams of nothing but making her brother suffer.

That could work. Especially if he was the king of the colonizing country.

@Lord DreamCrusher I'd gladly join your crew! I was leaning towards a neutral character myself. Not a saint by any means. I was thinking perhaps her father was a notorious pirate in his day. Not necessarily wanting to fallow in his ruthless footsteps.

Character thread will be posted tonight ~ thanks for the patience 👍🏻

So far we have @LilGunner, @Chantarelle, and @Lord DreamCrusher who are captain's, correct?

And me! Also a Privateer Captain. Running two characters, surgeon on @LilGunner's ship and my own vessel and captain.

Back
Top Bottom