Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Hoist the Colours OOC

We used a dice system to determine hits and misses in playing beer pong in a different group and it seemed to help and added some humor. We did it to ensure no one was like...super all star beer pong champ and slammed all the cups. Nothing extreme like stats or anything, just a determination hit or miss to add an element of surprise when ya post. It worked pretty well there so I figured it could be used again or people can work out how fights may go before initiating too.

Going to....assume no? Given it’s golden age of piracy so kinda Pirates of the Caribbean era. But can’t say 100% with our leader out with the flu.

Buuuuut I guess that’s not to say one couldn’t play a character from a Scandinavian country who takes up piracy.

Hey guys, Pastel messaged yesterday or the day before-I was super busy this weekend and my brain is mush-but her family is still dealing with the flu, passing it around like a hot potato...

As for altercations-Pastel said in an earlier message that if you all couldn't decide amidst yourselves, then dice rolls-roll 1d20 and highest roll wins, and I'll set up something when we need it. It's not right now, so it's not a priority. It's something simple, and Pastel mentioned she hasn't led a whole lot of groups before, we don't want to make it difficult on her. We just want to have fun, not get bogged down by stastics rather than have fun with the story/stories we're hoping to create.

Well I'll not decide anything until she comes back and has a chance to talk with me herself but if:

1. We are all being pushed into a singular storyline together rather than having the freedom to come up with things between the various captains.

2. We are utilizing dice rolls to determine combats rather than having the captains again discuss OOC to find a suitable resolution.

Then I'm afraid I'll be bowing out from this group.

Well I'll not decide anything until she comes back and has a chance to talk with me herself but if:

1. We are all being pushed into a singular storyline together rather than having the freedom to come up with things between the various captains.

2. We are utilizing dice rolls to determine combats rather than having the captains again discuss OOC to find a suitable resolution.

Then I'm afraid I'll be bowing out from this group.

The arcs would be to help bring characters together, but she did tell me she's trying to decide to have them be optional or not, but she's got other things taking a priority right now, so we'll find out when she gets back on that.

as for the rolls-those are only for IF players can't decide between themselves who should win-so basically, if people can't come to an understanding, then the rolls would come into play.

I understand the thought process for the dice roll being a last resort but imo if I can't come to an agreement with another person then I don't want to be playing with them in the first place. I'd never be satisfied with a proverbial coin toss deciding the outcome of a fight. Things would be different if this was an actual system style game with already established rules and such but it's not. Like I said though, I'll reserve judgement until Pastel comes back and figures out exactly what she wants to do with this.

I am also iffy about staying involved if we have a dice roll game. Mostly because I don’t know how to do any of that so I usually stay out of those types of games. I know dice rolls are only IF...but I’d hate to get involved and then not be able to continue. However...and I haven’t talked to my first mate @Kegger0311 about this but...if it helps I don’t mind losing a battle against Abandon Hope and getting captured by its Captain. That would rid me of having to roll in any battles if the Black Princess is at the bottom of the sea. I’m sad about it because I fucking love the name but this could also be beneficial to me because the more time I have to think the more I’m nervous about how exactly to write a battle between ships. Also, if it helps further MC would likely negotiate for the lives of her crew and herself with the prospect of the majority of the stolen crown Jewels she had buried way back when on some island or whatnot knowing that they could be of some worth in case of such a situation occurring. Thoughts?

Well I wouldn't be against working something like that out if I stick around, if that's what you really want, though when I'm iffy myself it might not be the best thing to plan for.

I can't speak for other captains but writing battles should really come down to what dynamic and tone you want between the groups. For example, MC was designed to focus on military trade and supply ships such as gold transfers of raw goods. By default that puts a certain French Privateer in a position to hunt and harass as repayment for what he has already done to the nation. Pirate versus pirate though? MC isn't much the type to care about that so if they butted heads I'd be talking to the captain about why the conflict is arising and what it serves in the long run. As I said, I'm not into winning every fight but concerned with how to play into interest dynamics between characters and crews so I'll happily take a loss to further a good story.

Of course the problem comes down to being completely defeated as that wouldn't do much for anyone besides a situation like you say in wanting to write out your role as captain and focus on a story of saving your crew.

Don’t forget there are two nations involved. If it is more in line the Medusa could attack BP. We’ll even be nice and not sink the boat😜 Buuuuut probably kill the NPC crew. That frees Crusher up from fighting pirate on pirate and maybe could even end up coming to the rescue.

👍🏻 I’d be down for that. It would also give MC hope of getting her ship back at some point if it were still afloat and all.

And that’ll be a heck of a cast to come together too! It would make sense that George would want his sister and the ship she stole returned. Ships aren’t cheap after all lol.

I was hoping to make a French/Spanish counterpart to Tabatha and the HMS Medusa. If anything to two could be beating chests and butting heads threatening a showdown. Or if the royal princess was captured by a foreign entity it could spell disaster for the English crown. Another captain for the sake of chaos.

That being said though I doubt it would happen. With the crew being killed off it would leave MC in a predicament because he would atill likely face death in one form or another. Escaping custody on such a ship would prove to be a daunting task.

P.S. Plus it could give the Black Princess time to flee if another warship enters the fray. Letting two juggernauts beat on each other.

I'm making a playlist of pirate-themed music on YouTube. If anyone wants the link or has requests, feel free to send them my way.

tenor.gif

How everyone is likely to end up with that playlist blaring😝

My apologies to everyone and especially to @Kegger0311 but I am going to have to remove myself from this game as I have new obligations in my life now. I hope you all have fun.

Back
Top Bottom