Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

My Girlfriend Cosplays Supergirl (w/KiraMusani)

"Sorry, it's not from our family at the least" Jeffery replied.

"Another package? Not a phone this time I take it?" Noel asked as she noticed her name on it.
"Who is it from?"

Stephen sighed. "As I told your brother, Noel... I don't know. Do you recognize the handwriting? From people you know who called you by your old name, do you know anyone who might even send you a 'gift', especially without giving a return address?"

Pat had been watching the front. "Limo pulling up. Navy blue. English crest on the door. Chauffeur popping out of driver's side."

Calla raised her hand. "That's me, c'mon Antwan. I told you I'd take you to the airport. Got everything?"

Antwan nodded as Candy asked, "Airport?"

"Folks comin' out from N'Olin's. She's just dropping me off so's I can meet 'em."

Calla nodded. "I'll access how bad everything is and send Jeff pics in a text, then talk to father about a new place of residence. Since you're Candy's and the band's manager do you do rental business with Father?"

Candy made a questioning face, "Wait. I'm still the boss, Calla... I may ask him to co-sign..."

Calla nodded. "Ok. I'll have him call you later."

"It still goes through Jeff. Just have him introduce himself." Candy sighed.

"Use our landline, Calla. Here." Pat finally sighed, giving her the home number.

(If Jeff has an objection to using the Zorels number, now's the time)

Jeffery nodded but decided to use his cell phone to call, keep anything related to business on the same number to avoid confusion. Though if the Cell towers were still out he would use the landline and simply let them know the number to reach him once towers are back up if there was anything else that needed to be discussed.

Noel looked at the package.
"I don't think so, I mean I know I didn't write it, but I am also not sure how to tell who's it would be, I never really paid attention to that stuff. Though I don't know many people outside my family. I can't imagine who might send me something. Can I open it? Maybe there will be like a clue or something inside?" Noel asked.

Captain Wainwright sighed with a pinched nose. "Dr. Brinker, as Officer Allie though, understand? She's coming as a police officer, not your therapist," He took a deep breath, "We'll wait until she arrives and go from there. This is more as a worried father, than a police officer, you understand?" He walked away and began pacing in the living room.

Allison Brinker took no chances. Penny was coming with her as well as a brown bloodhound/beagle mix which was her own dog that had been on some of her own cases, with a more proper police dog name of Max. Unlike her uncle's dog.

All three popped out of Brinker's regular issued squad car upon arrival and Pat let them in.

(Does Max practically yank Penny to the box? Does he have to be coaxed to sniff it? He'll sniff everyone there as well, regardless. He should like Jeff and Candy. How does he react to the package, or will he be more busy and concerned with the strangers? Can move as many of those three as you need. Even Brinker upon entry)

Last edited:
Noel nodded.
"So we just wait till then?" Noel asked, then did so once it was confirmed.

(The box won't have any interesting scents to it at all. So likely more interested in the people, though as a dog might sniff it just as it would a couch or other box.)

Jeff would happily pet the dog, as would Noel if they felt it was okay to do so. Jeff would talk to the dog as well to encourage him to be excited.
Noel would speak more calmly to him, in softer tones.

Max had been trained to ignore everything and everyone if something smelled peculiar or suspicious. With him more interested in a meet and greet, Wainwright relented especially after Brinker once again used her stethoscope on the box and shook her head. "Okay." He nodded after taking a breath. "Carefully, Noel, since no one recognizes the writing, I still want it on record I'm leery as a father, and only slightly concerned as an officer."

"Duly noted, Captain." Penny answered.

By now, even Candy and Kara were curious about what was in the flimsily addressed package.

Noel noted and started to carefully and nervously open the package, as she did inside seemed to be some sort of white cloth.
"Clothes?" Noel said to herself out loud before reaching in and pulling the garment out, though as it unfurled it became clear what it was. Wrapped in belts and clips with arms that looped back into the outfit. It was a straight jacket. As soon as Noel realized this she threw it back in the box and kicked the box away with a small shriek.

Anyone who would be looking would see there was a piece of paper under the jacket still in the box Noel never seemed to notice.

Wainwright didn't even see the paper, he was as taken aback that someone would be this cruel. His eyes narrowed. "I want a warrant out for the arrest of that doctor. Look it up, the one that rubbed Christine and Allison the wrong way upon meeting. And I want that monstrosity dusted for fingerprints! Nobody else touch that damned thing! Disgusting and unprofessional!"

Penny was in a state of shock, but finally managed to nod, putting on a pair of gloves to package it as evidence.

Allison was quickly to Noel and trying to calm her down and asking if Noel could breathe with her, showing a variation of the way she already knew, puckering her lips to literally push the air out slowly, although the deep breath in, mouth closed was the same. "I know it looks sort of like labor breathing, but trust me. It's the rudeness of the shock you're in." She continued to continue the same breathing technique.

"Fool that I am! I should have had any one of you open it!" Wainwright was not a happy camper either, causing Brinker to look over to him.

"Okay. You, too, sir..." She showed the captain. "And any of the rest of you in shock." She focused more on Noel though, but soon, besides Captain Wainwright, the rest of the witnesses were breathing like they were in a Lamaze class.

Penny while placing the evidence, package and all, in an evidence bag, even found herself needing the lessons like she was part of the class.

Candy was fighting tears, but was still doing the breathing technique.

Noel had indeed stopped breathing and her vision even blurred a little, she quickly entered a panic attack. But with the help of those around her she started to mimic the breathing technique, though was pale and shaking.

Jeffery stood by but let the professionals do their job. He for the time comforted Candy.

Brinker nodded and smiled, but continued to breathe as she had shown Noel, because she needed to calm down herself.

In between breaths, Wainwright said with a head shake. "Can... Someone tell my daughter... And Betty to..." He had sunk into the empty recliner there in the living room and made the universal motion for them to come back in. "Tell... Tell them why, and... Steph not to... Approach Noel un... Unless she wishes." He covered his eyes, continued to breathe, but seemed to be recovering the quickest.

Christine had entered, and looked at the lot of them breathing like a Lamaze class and went back out to call for backup, citing correctly "Officers down. Preliminary report is extreme shock. Repeat. Officers down from extreme shock."

Penny had finished closing up the evidence bag, sealing it, and was seated on the floor, absently petting Max... Eyes wide open with a look of horror on her face, trying desperately to change it as she also continued breathing. The straightjacket was now completely out of sight.

Candy laid her head on Jeffrey's shoulder, shaking her head. She knew if she stopped the breathing technique, she was going to burst into a crying fit which wouldn't help Noel (or Candy's recently healed voice) in the least. The breathing technique was keeping her from crying... That would actually be best in both short and long term.

Jeffery rubbed Candies back to help her relax. He also spotted the note in the bottom of the box and tried to signal discreetly to the chief about it.

Noel seemed to just be focusing on a spot on the ground and was focused on breathing, most other things in the world around her out of her mind.

Penny had bagged the open box and all its wrapping separately (at least she had thought to do that) and much like Noel, was focusing on her own little world and her dog.

Wainwright, taking one final real deep breath, finally peered over to where Jeffrey was pointing. He nodded. "Bagged and tagged, son. We'll dust it too. Reading it without the councilor there present, that might not be a good idea. The person who sent that had to know that most of the police would know Noel's past by now, and what that is to her... Unless there's a heartless officer. I don't think it's a good idea Noel sees it. At all." The white place to write what the evidence bag contained was filled out, so the actual words wouldn't be able to be read currently. "Even if it turns out to be a practical joke... The person who sent it did so in extremely poor taste and we will be questioning him, her or them anyway."

Christine appeared in the doorway. "Ambulance pulling up without sirens. You want to be checked out first, sir?"

Wainwright nodded, unfortunately, Stephanie and Betty were still in a backseat of the Captain's car expecting to be going to the Wainwright residence. Someone needed to let them out, especially since Stephanie was starting to look worriedly towards the Zorels' open front door.

After his own vitals were taken, he'd point the lady EMT to check on Noel.

Jeffery nodded then went back to trying to comfort Candy, knowing that Noel had better and far more help than he could offer anyway.

Noel continued to focus on her breathing still freaking out at what had just happened but started to look around the room in an almost panic, looking for something or someone. She was trying to find Kara.

Kara was sitting at the dining room table, staring at the wall but slightly out of Noel's line of sight considering she had Brinker right there in front of her and an EMT asking if it was okay to check her vitals.

Max even came over and nudged Noel's hand. There were too many strange people again, so Tabby had hightailed it somewhere in the house, despite the open door. The people traffic made that way a non escape for the frightened feline. She'd be found in the pantry after all the commotion was done.

Penny looked over at Noel, and then pointed to the dining room table. Brinker turned slightly, which was enough for Noel now to see her.

Brinker noticed Kara was just staring blankly at the wall and muttering under her breath. She arose, and held a hand out to Noel. "Get your vitals checked and then we'll go to her together. I have a sneaky suspicion we both need to talk to her." She then nodded to the auburn hair female EMT that had her name tag visible and her last name of Blake followed by some letters.

Noel let some tears fall from her eyes seeming to have regained some composure seeing Kara and nodded to Brinker, holding her arm out to her, not sure what all she needed to check.

Except for the squeezing to check the blood pressure, the cold stethoscope of the EMTs had to been a bit of a comfort that she wasn't purposely trying to bind Noel, and within a few minutes the familiar sssss of air escaping the blood pressure armband would reach Noel's ears. "You're a bit more elevated than the others, but not completely out of the norm. This was just a formality, you understand. Thanks for being so good about it." She stood up and looked around. "Who hasn't been checked?"

Unless her partner checked Jeffrey, it would be him and Candy... If he had, then only Candy's remained, the pop star wasn't being non-compliant on purpose, she just didn't want to be touched except by Jeffrey and would have to be talked into letting an EMT do that much. Candy's wouldn't be any higher than most of the others.

Kara's and Lenard's were also higher than expected from seeing the straitjacket, it could be understood why Noel's would be.

The Captain finally gathered all of the evidence, and headed for the still open door. At the precinct, it would be a seasoned detective to dust the note for prints as well as read it. But what does he read?

Noel took deep breaths as she was checked, she was plenty use to all the standard checks

Jeffery waits so that she could get check alongside him to make it a more spaced-out and inclusive experience. He even explained he had some medical training so could assist and did so if allowed to make Candy more comfortable.

Once she was able Noel would go to Kara and rub her back as she cuddled up to her gently if it seemed it was okay with Kara, she just wanted to feel safe by her for a little bit.

Once the note was read it had said.

What you should be wearing, enjoy ; )

They would not find prints on the note or the jacket, though there was evidence the jacket had recently been both machine washed and dry cleaned. Upon closer inspection, there was also some amateur sowing on the sleaves like it was an old jacket that had to be fixed.

The EMT was glad to have Jeffrey's help with Candy, who continued to fuss slightly, but finally took a deep breath, and nodded.

Kara didn't notice Noel doing anything as for the cuddling, but finally did focus on Brinker as she was asked questions regarding what she saw and how she felt. Even Lenard, who had thought it, was startled by Kara's admission that she wanted to knock the person who sent that into the middle of next YEAR.

Brinker nodded and talked soothing to both for another half hour or so, before reminding Noel she was just a phone call away.

The way Candy snuggled into Jeffrey, it would be clear that they'd probably share the bed that night; she clearly didn't want to be alone that night, meanwhile, the Zorels would be able to reclaim their bedrooms for the first time since Saturday.

----------------------

At the precinct, Christine Anderson and Penny Brown got back to the precinct and immediately Christine was on the phone to Jeffrey, who seemed to be made out of stronger stuff than even Lenard, and read the note to Jeffrey, before asking if anyone of Noel's older brothers or her dad, or any other member of the family would play a cruel joke like that. She wanted to see if he could come down to the precinct for about an hour and look over the "clothing" to see if the stitching looked familiar. Family wasn't the only suspects, Christine still felt the doctor should be questioned as well, considering the information Allison Brinker brought back from the hospital where the papers were, and his attitude towards pretty much everyone at the Seattle hospital, and lack of empathy towards Noel herself. There was also the escaped ex Steve, who was also still at large.

Noel stayed near Kara as much as she could and was pretty receptive to Brinker nodding as she was told she was only a phone call away.

Jeffery was more then happy to help with the investigation anyway he could but if Candy wanted he would ask if she could come along. As she didn’t seem to want to leave his side.
As for the stitching Jeffery said he didn’t recognize it but it didn’t seem professionally done, definitely not who his family would have used. As for the joke, most of the family did not joke in that manner and are embarrassed of Noel’s stay at the hospital and would not flaunt it. Plus none of them would have access to such a garment.

Through investigation they would learn that the doctor managed to return to the hospital he worked at before the storm even hit. Which meant at the very least he could not have dropped the package off himself.

(considering he worked on the other end of the state, it all but eliminates him, actually, unless that's your intention.)

Christine paced as Jeffrey looked over the clothing and watched Candy hug herself, sitting in a chair, practically scrunched up in a ball. "What are you afraid of, pop star?" She asked, trying to lighten the mood.

"This whole thing unnerves me. I remember a couple that came to one of my first concerts a few years ago. Three or four actually. Also remember the redhead. Felt so sorry for her...." She suddenly got wide eyed. "It... It's nothing. Never mind."

"Well rest assured that was not Noel if that is what you were thinking. Noel has never been to a concert, and that Steve certainly never took her to one." Jeffery reassured as he stepped away from the clothing.
"Sorry don't really see anything else, but I am also not a detective or a forensic scientist," Jeffery explained.

Candy seemed to let out a relieved sigh, and slowly straightened out.

Christine shook her head. "That's pretty much eliminating every one of people Noel is familiar with except Steve then. I don't know if she told you, but we learned during the current case with the serial rapists, that he escaped and is at large. We may have to focus on him, now, and hope we can catch him soon. Noel's got more than enough on her plate as is." She then got a thought. "We're probably going to need you close at hand due to your parents. Is there any way you can stay with the Zorels for the time being, considering your current housing situation?"

Christine had no idea that it was all but unanimous among the Zorel family that Jeffrey and Candy could stay as long as they needed while Calla tried to get a new house, and Mr. Mondale, her dad, was looking at some of his rental house sites... But it would be a while before there was something definite.

Meanwhile, at the house, Dr. Brinker was looking at her watch and waiting for Jeff and Candy to get back to the Zorels, since she was privy to all the issues, including Steve's escape.

"Yes, I had heard that, you really think this could be him? did he escape while in a jacket? or perhaps he took one with him?" Jeffery asked.
"And as for staying by the Zorels, Candy and I actually plan on staying there for a time."

Back
Top Bottom