Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

The Forbidden Treasure [Mr.Master and I]

[LunarDysis]

Supernova
Queen_of_Pirates.jpg

Bloody Ethel Bonney

The pair of dark blue eyes peered up slowly into the dark black sky, the starts brightly shining and the woman breathed in softly as she stood at the helm. Her hands upon the wheel, enjoying the breeze of the wind in her face. Having sent her crew down below deck to the galley to get some food in them and some rest. She stood above deck, breathing in the salty sea air. Her name was Captain Ethel Bonney. Though she was known as Bloody Ethel Bonney, if salvaging or looting a port and one person got in her way she wasn't one to shove and threaten she'd pull out her sword and slice away. She was known to be quite brutal but most of all she didn't care, the only things she cared about were her crew and her ship.

Ethel was a beautiful young woman, standing at 5'8''. Her hair a dark chocolate brown almost a shade of black. With her eyes a dark sapphire blue, that could pierce through anyone. She wore a white button up blouse which hugged her torso nicely, a nice black and red corset the fitted her form nicely, along with a pair of brown pants, her black boots rising up her legs just below her thighs. Tonight she need not her jacket as it was already quite warm out, enjoying the wind licking at her face. Her sword and pistol hanging up in her quarters. Her brown hair flew softly behind her, a black bandanna tied around her head to keep her hair out of her eyes.

Ethel Bonney usually tended to sail to each port she could, salvage and loot any houses she could find and add up the number of deaths on her toll. Though tonight they weren't heading to any port to salvage the poor peoples money. They had just come back from a Dangerous Adventure. To find the hidden Mosaic Treasure that was hidden deeply in the Forbidden Cayman Islands. Any man or woman who found that treasure would be richer than the king of England and just knowing that tickled her Fancy. Though the only problem is that..it's forbidden. People have said that the temple that is surrounding the treasure is Cursed and if you step inside who knows the fate that awaits you. Many pirates have tried to find out and none have come back. Though now, Ethel Bonney could show everyone wrong.

She had come back alive and quite well, a few of her men had been sacrificed but most escaped live and well with the Mosaic Treasure in their hands. The trunk was resting in her cabin in the corner. Waiting for morning so they could open it up and hand it out to everyone in the crew. Ethel gave a soft sigh and smiled, lifting the brown bottle in her hand she took a drink of her small bottle of rum and closed her eyes. Yes, it was wonderful to be a pirate.

Bloody Ethel Bonney raised her bottle, lit by the navigator's map lantern. Captain Jack Windslow watched her through his most powerful spyglass. "That's right, Ethel, dear," he muttered under his breath. "Steady as she goes."

Windslow's ship, the Lover's Laugh, was under blackout, every light larger than a candle snuffed. It was also under full sail, rigged for speed, trying to close the distance before dawn. Windslow and his crew had heard Bonney's bosun bragging in Port Au Prince about the lead they had on the Mosaic Treasure. The legendary cursed treasure was large enough to inspire the whole crew into pursuit. But why should they risk themselves, when Bonney's crew would do the dirty work, and then they could swoop in and seize the profits? So they'd spent close to a week, hovering on the horizon, keeping Bonney's ship barely within sight. And now, here they were, sailing away from the Forbidden Caymans, and running lower in the water, were they? Oh, yes. So now it was time.

Clapping the spyglass closed, Windslow nodded to the navigator. "Keep us steady. Let's see if we can't catch up to them before first light."

"Aye," said the navigator, with a wink and a vicious grin. Windslow couldn't quite return the grin; his crew's glee at the coming attack was starting to disturb him, actually. It was a nasty bit of business, but the crew didn't have to enjoy it so much. Most of them were newcomers to the ship, and had bonded well with the older crew, but Captain Jack just didn't cotton to them.

He stepped into his cabin, took off his hat, and settled into his desk chair. He wore just a loose-sleeved shirt, dark waistcoat and matching breeches, and shipboard shoes. He'd have to wear tougher boots for the battle in the morning. He sighed and rubbed his brown hair, tugging at the ribbon that bound it into a ponytail at the back of his head. He needed a few hours sleep, and there wasn't a better time to take it. He got up and moved to his bunk, slipping off his shoes on the way. The crew would wake him if anything unexpected happened. For now, he just had to rest up. By this time tomorrow, he would either be victorious, or he would be dead.

Though the night passed on by slowly, Ethel Bonny made her way below deck and Nudged Bosun her first mate awake. "Take the helm." She muttered, "Aye." He said and stood up, shaking the sleep from his eyes before move above deck and grasping the wheel. It was almost dawn and Ethel at least needed some sleep so if they did have any trouble she'd at least be someone awake to deal with it. Entering her quarters she pulled her boots off with her hat and laid down onto her bed with a soft moan and leaned over, licking her fingers and pinching the wick of the lantern as it went out.

No more than a couple minutes she was out just like the lantern but she was quickly woken up, the sun was now rising just above the horizon and saw Bosun above her. "Capt'n! I've spotted us a ship." He said with a bit worried voice, standing up she pulled her boots on along with her hat. "What colors she flyin'?" She asked and looked up to him as Bosun shook his head. "None, Cap'n.." He said and she growled, shoving past him and out of the quarters. Running up above deck, her hands grasped the railing and she leaned over to see the Lovers Laugh. "Windslow.. ye sly bastard." She growled, "Take the helm!" She ordered as Bosun ran to the wheel.

"Wake up ye Mangy Gits!" She yelled and shook the bell hanging below. "Man the Braces! Hoist the sails!" She watched her men fall out of their beds and quickly getting dressed and running out onto the deck. She growled and pulled out her spyglass and looked through it towards Windslows ship and shook her head. "Damn him to hell!" The sails were soon hoisted as the wind blew in their favor but as well as Windslows and knew his ship was only a tad faster than hers.

Windslow had changed clothes; his hair was tied under a dark bandanna, he had closer-fitting dark clothing and his raiding boots on. He also had his brace of pistols and his rapier. Many buccaneers preferred the short, heavy blade of the cutlass, but Windslow had learned many secrets of the long blade, and he rather preferred the range of it. He put a foot up on one of the rails and gazed at their target. The sails were going up, fast, and he could see the flash of worried faces glancing back at them.

"Get ready, me hearties!" he caled behind him. "We're almost abreast. Remember: the Captain stays alive. Everyone else dies if they resist." He glanced back, saw the smiles. "ONLY if they resist. We can stand to have prisoners, if only for leverage." Some of the smiles dimmed, and Windslow wasn't entirely comfortable with that. He's always considered himself a professional who happened to find better fortune outside of the law; he wasn't a killer by nature, though he was willing to kill when necessary. Still, success was what mattered in this instance.

He turned his attention back to Bonney's ship, his mind rested and quick. If she turned, he could catch her, pull abreast. If she went straight, he would eventually close the gap anyway. He had her. It was just a question of when.

And Ethel Bonney knew that he had her which only made her heart beat in frustration and she shook her head. "They're gaining on us!" Bosun yelled and Ethel turned her head, her eyes furrowing and Bosun sulked down. She leaned over the railing and growled, he was getting closer and closer. She had decided to just sail straight ahead if he pulled up beside them she could drop her anchor on the star-board side and turn easily, but only if the wind was with her.

Though it seemed the wind had died down and wasn't working with her and it didn't matter if the wind worked or not, Windslow only seemed to get closer and closer faster and faster. "Prepare to be boarded, Mates!" She called out to her crew. He wasn't along side but Windslow was pretty damn close and she leaned over. "What 'ave I done to receive such a pleasure of yer presence?" She called out sarcastically, her arms over her chest. Though her right hand resting on the hilt of her cutlass and she cocked her head to the side.

"If yer wanting the Mosaic Treasure, Windslow. Yer out of luck!" She turned her head and motioned her head back, "Johnson, Gibbs.." She said and they nodded their heads, "Aye Cap'n." They called out and ran below deck, standing in front of her locked quarters, guarding their treasure.

Windslow stood on the prow of the Laugh in plain view (yet still partially covered by the projection of the figurehead) and grinned over at Bonney. "Why, Ethyl, I just thought I'd be neighborly. You seem to be sailing with a heavy load, I thought I might help you move a little faster."

As she continued, he nodded. "I appreciate the confirmation, m'dear. We'd heard that was the goal. If ye give it over, I'll be merciful. If ye don't..." He let his expression harden. "...I'm afraid me crew might get a bit tetchy."

Dropping his voice, he muttered to his first mate, "Come to think of it, ready every grapple we have, even the spares. Put half of them on chains." No matter how he came up, she'd have to just pull away; the more grapples they had, the harder it would be to cut them free, and if the ones on ropes could pull them close enough, the ones on chains could secure them in a way that couldn't be severed by a mere hatchet chop. The biggest problem he had was how to come close enough to board without coming under her guns; he couldn't afford to draw up on a full broadside, she'd rip the Laugh to pieces this close.

But he'd always been good at improvising tactics...

She couldn't help but laugh and she grinned, "Oh dear Windslow. I could hand it over. But I don't think yer brain you could open it." She said and stepped back slowly. "It opens up only one way, without a key. And I'm the only one who knows it." She growled and and glanced over. "Get ready men." She said over to them and gasped, leaping back as a few grapples were tossed over, latching onto the railing of her ship and it rocked a bit, seeing the chains that were connecting it.

She glanced over at Bosun who was turning the wheel at the helm but each turn of the ship only seemed to make the grasp of the grapples tighter and she growled. "Drop Anchor." She commanded as two men ran over and dropped their anchors. If he wanted a fight, she wasn't going to run, she was known as Bloody Ethel Bonney and she was going to remain that way. "Man the guns!" She turned on her heel as half of the men ran below deck and began to get the cannons ready and she glared.

"Yer sure you want to be doing this, Windslow?" She asked and unsheathed her cutlass slowly twirling it in her grasp.

They had just drawn up, prow next to the flank of the target, and some of the crew had grown excited. Windslow didn't fault them, but he personally would have preferred they have waited for his order. Ah, well, the damage was done. He turned to his crew. "All grapples away! Haul us close! Get a winch on one of those chains!"

The target was trying to get away, turning away from them, while others of their crew were frantically chopping at the ropes, but the chains held, and they were drawn along with the other ship. He nodded; things were going as planned. "Prepare to board," he hissed, then raised his eyes to his counterpart.

"I'm sorry, Ethyl, I'm afraid we've come too far to turn back now. If you give over, I can spare your lives. Perhaps I can even cut you in for a share..." He grinned and winked, but his rapier was in his hand, and his mate was handing him a mast line. Battle was about to be joined, and his heart raced in excitement.

Her men frantically ran about chopping at what grapples they could but most were chained and she growled, "What do we do, Cap'n?!" Some panicked and she glared, "Stand your ground!" She hissed and pointed her cutlass out towards Windslow. "When they board attack," She nodded and stepped forward, "But! Windslow is mine.." She growled and stepped to the side of the railing, her heart pounded heavily in her chest as her men backed up and two had already jumped ship and she wasn't happy.

She wasn't happy at all! Already some had jumped and fled the scene and now she only had about fourteen of her men left, but at least they stood by her. "Like hell I'll give over. If you want it.. You'll have to take it from me." She said and peered over to her men and she leaned over the Railing slightly. "Fire those Cannons!" She yelled out frantically and peered up just as she could see Windslows crew ready to board and just then she felt her ship rock slightly at the force of the cannons exploding, three firing off at first and exploding right into Windslows ship.

Windslow noticed the problem just before the Laugh juddered under his feet: some overzealous pilot had allowed the ship to draw too far forward, and instead of hanging on the flank, just behind the guns, they had drawn more even, which allowed them a lot more area to mount a boarding attack from, but also meant they had just taken cannonfire straight into the superstructure.

On the downside, they had just had holes blown much of the way through the prow of the ship. On the upside, they were close enough to Bonney's ship, her cannons couldn't point down far enough to hole the waterline, so there was no danger of being sunk. And the cannons wouldn't have enough side-to-side tracking to be able to do too much more damage than they had already done. And that damage was nothing that couldn't be repaired. By this point, the two ships were being winched tightly together in a death-grip that only one would survive.

He counted only a handful of men on her decks; counting the crews down below at her guns, he easily had her outnumbered at least two to one, possibly more. And they looked haggard, possibly from last night's celebrating, whereas he'd been sure that most of his crew had rested up. Oh, it was going to be most unfair... But perhaps enough would surrender that it would be at least not a total slaughter.

He locked eyes with Ethyl as the two ships finally crunched into contact, scraping barnacles off each other's hulls with the impact, and he knew she'd fixated on him. Her bloodlust was legendary, and she had more reason than most to want to kill him right now. He leveled his sword at her, tightened his grip on the swing-line... and launched himself sideways, leaping off the prow of his ship in a long sideways arc that brought him to the far side of the knot of men she'd gathered around her. His men charged across the joined gunwhales as he grinned at his opposite number and engaged the nearest enemy, neatly parrying his slash and skewering his sword arm deeply enough that the other man dropped his cutlass entirely, gasping in pain. Windslow stepped back, whipping his sword free, and stood ready for the next attacker. He didn't enjoy killing, but he did revel in the excitement of battle...

She enjoyed killing, but only if that person deeply deserved to be killed. Like Windslow, he had already stabbed and killed one of her men and she growled out as she shoved through her crew and right to Windslow. "Windslow!" She barked out and arched her arm out forward, pointing the tip to his chest and she breathed in softly. "You...are mine." She said and stepped to the side slowly. The blade of her sword running along his slowly creating a light screeching sound of metal and she narrowed her eyes. She heard a few screams and jerked her head to the side as another one of her men was stabbed and her eyes flared up with fire.

The only people she knew deserved not to die were her men and here they were being killed left and right. She pulled back before swinging forth with slight force, her sword parrying with his as she moved across the deck slowly. Her her eyes continued to dash back and forth between her crew and Windslow, though noticing that the sounds of blades weren't clashing. And she could see her men held against their will with blades along their throats or pistols to their heads. She growled and flung her sword to the deck before her hand swiftly pulled her pistol from it's holster and cocked it as she aimed it towards Windslow.

"What are you doing you fools?!" She barked and Bosun was even held with the blade against his throat. "Cap'n..theres more of them than us.." He stammered and watched Ethel Bonney and she sneered before looking back over towards Windslow again. "And that's stopped you before?" She asked, not looking back just as yells were erupted and her men turns, thrusting their swords out and fighting with more fore than they had before. But just because they ahd stronger force didn't mean they were going to win as they were out numbered and by a lot. Bonney held her pistol out and stepped to the side as she knelt down, sliding her fingers around the hilt of her sword an straightening back up. "You really think you'll win..?" She asked as the sounds of metal clashing and parrying was heard again and she smirked.

After crippling the first attacker, Windslow was required to kill the second, and that's when Ethel stepped forward. He accepted her challenge with merely raising his blade.

They fought, blades flashing. Murder was in her eyes, but he was able to keep her at bay, with his longer blade and longer arm. He didn't want her killed, after all -- she was the single one who he needed alive. So he parried and blocked and dodged and thrust at her merely enough to make her back off, all the while waiting for his men to take control.

Which they did, which caused Ethel to draw her pistol. In a flash, one of Windslow's pistols was in his other hand, pointed at her. He raised an eyebrow at her motivational speech, and the other brow joined it when it actually worked. He had to hand it to her, she at least knew her crew, and knew how to inspire them. He kept his pistol on her as she retrieved her sword.

"Win? What, between you and me? Doesn't matter. All I have to do is keep you occupied until..." and the clashing of arms began to die down, "... the gun crews wrestled the cannons to the deck. Surrender now, or you'll be hulled and sunk no matter what." He grinned at her, jerking his head to the side to indicate the tactical superiority. Oh, his men could have defeated hers; they were fighting fiercely, but numbers and condition would out, eventually. Still, he knew faced with the loss of everything, she'd most likely try to save what she could; her crew, if not her ship.

He drove his point home. "Surrender now, and no more of your crew has to die."

He was good, she had to give him that, her sword blocking and thrusting as well. Jumping and dodging his strikes against her. She breathed in and shook her head slowly, "No not between you and me, you mindless twit." She sneered as his pistol pointed towards her as well she kept hers pointed directly at his chest, her chest heaving up and down heavily. "Win by retrieving the chest." She said and swallowed as her left hand twirled her cutlass slowly.

That was it, glancing over to see her crew held against their will and she grimaced, closing her eyes before growling. Her lids opened and her blue eyes pierced his, her thumb slowly uncocking her gun and placing it back into it's holster just as her sword dropped to the deck. She could see a few men squirming and her head jerked. "Surrender.." She muttered and stepped back, her two black gloved hands raising up as the wind blew, her white blouse and her hair. "Fine, take what you want. But you'll never get the code out of me." She muttered, she did have other treasure upon the ship and she swallowed. Her ship slowly rocked against the small waves and she watched Windslow, she had been defeated. She couldn't believe it, with all of the pirates she had fought against, she had to loose against Windslow?

Windslow kept his pistol and sword pointed at Bonney, but he nodded to his crew, and they moved quickly to secure the prisoners and take them below to the Laugh's well-secured brig. Ethel had started the battle with fifteen crewmen, and she had ten left in various states of capability. Windslow would be sure to order medical care for the wounded; he wasn't a cruel man, and now that he'd won the fight, he had no reason to wish them any further ill.

Bonney, though, he took special care with, knowing she was the most capable one on her ship. He held her under his gun until more crewmen came to cover her, and only then did he holster and sheath his weapons. He moved in to personally disarm and search her. "Trust me, Ethel, I'm trying not to take any pleasure in this," he murmured as he frisked her thoroughly, speaking too low for his crew to hear, "I mean, under other circumstances this would be a fine lark, but I'm not about to victimize you in this position."

He found her pistols, her backup daggers, her tiny backup pistols, two sets of lockpicks, and a variety of other implements of destruction and subterfuge hidden on her person. Windslow knew he didn't have a reputation as a bloodthirsty brigand or a daring cutthroat, but he was smart and methodical and searched her body in every way he could without investigating cavities, his fingers deft and gentle yet insistent against her clothing and flesh.

When he was certain he'd deprived her of all the weapons he could, he took a pair of manacles and bound her hands in iron behind her back. "Tie her to our mast," he ordered, "but don't take any liberties with her! I'm going to want to talk to her later." As they took her away, he turned to his mate to issue other orders. "Search this ship from the crow's nest to the bilge. Take all stores, treasure, repair supplies, gunpowder, sails, spare wood, everything we can carry. Strip this boat down. Stack all treasure, including whatever chest you find, probably in the captain's cabin, and put it on the deck; all the other stores can be added to our own." He thought for a moment, then sighed. "We don't have enough crew to manage both ships, and I don't want to leave her for the Spanish, so once she's stripped down and emptied, scuttle her. We'll continue on the Laugh alone."

Ethel Bonney turned and watched as her crew was forced off of her ship and onto the laughs. Shaking her head she backed up though she grunted out as she felt as she ran into something. Glancing back she saw two of his men and she squirmed as their grasps on her arms tightened as they held her arms snugly behind her. "Oh yeah..sure." She muttered and glanced to the side, him having found all of her weapons and she sighed softly as they had piled up upon the deck floor and she grimaced as the feel of cold steel was snapped around her wrists behind her back.

"You best be watchin' yer back, Windslow." She growled and kicked her legs, squirming under the mens grasp. All though she often knew what she was doing and was capable of getting out of sticky situations, she couldn't get out of this. She was clasped in irons and two burly men were dragging her. Her feet touched the deck of the Lovers Laugh and she drug them before putting her dead weight on, trying to make it harder for them. Hearing a chuckle before she cried out in slight pain as the shoved her against the mast.

A spare set of rope was wrapped around her legs and then around the mast before around her stomach just under her breasts as it was securely tied behind her and she squirmed. She furrowed her eyes at the men, feeling a few fingers running along her stomach and she leaned back. "You 'eard your captain, Back off." She sneered and the men chuckled as they left, watching all of her treasure especially her Mosaic Chest being brought onto the Laugh and she frowned. "You can't do this, Windslow!"

Windslow came back aboard with the huge, strangely designed chest containing the Mosaic Treasure. He gazed coldly at Bonney as the crewmen put the chest down on the deck in front of her. "I can, Ethel. And I have."

He looked her over, all bound to the mast. With her tight-fitting clothes, and the ropes squeezing under her chest, she looked... really really good. He glanced away, before he had any further reaction. He was still trying to be professional about this, and frankly, he wasn't much of a man for unwilling partners. He'd played with his share of rope, but always with the acceptance of both or all involved. Right now any further thoughts along those lines, despite Bonney's beauty, would be distracting.

"Look, I want to be fair about this. We took your ship, fair and square, as pirates will. That makes your treasure ours, including the Mosaic booty. However, as I'd rather finish this quickly than take a lot of time figuring out your lock mechanism, I'll give you an equal share of all the proceeds of this voyage, just like any crewmember. I'll even stake your surviving crew, one share for the lot of them." The crew nearby grumbled at this, but Windslow gave them hard looks until they turned away, back to their duties. "It's not what you had, but it's the best you'll do now. Plans change, after all."

She breathed in, watching just as her chest was brought on board. Her teeth gritting and she squirmed against the wooden mast as her chest heaved up and down. "Why would I want to share it with you? Remember...we're pirates." She sneered right back to him and squirmed, though if she did give him the code her crew would be able to have some as well as her. But she wasn't one who liked sharing what she had fought for. She glanced down before shaking her head, "No. I was the one who went into the cave and I brought it out. I risked my damn life for that. You'll never get the code out of me." She muttered and glanced to the side.

It was true, she had risked too much to just go ahead and give away the code. "Why would I do that, if I can't even trust you. You put my crew in the brig, you tie me to a mast. You take everything away of mine and you're about to sink my ship. Why should I believe what you're saying." She said and shook her head. When she met someone new it took a while for her to begin to trust them, especially if they were another pirate. And more so, if it was Windslow.

"Like I said Earlier, Windslow. You're out of luck." She nodded and gave a small smirk. They would not be able to open it by trying to break it open. It was cursed and it would only open one way but turning the dials on the side of the chest to the exact number and symbols and she turned her head, closing her eyes. "And you can't get it out of my crew. Because they won't know it."

Windslow oversaw the work as they brought over food stores and water and powder, and all that they could. He listened as the crew picked up their carpentry tools and began to patch the holes in the hull. He even personally selected which of Bonney's cannons were in better condition than the worst of the Laugh's, so they could change up for better armaments.

When the time came, Windslow personally pulled the plugs that let seawater into the bilge, scuttling the ship. He climbed to the deck ahead of the rising waterline, and stepped aboard the Laugh just as the crew was casting off the lines and pulling away. Bonney's ship sank with a quiet burble, and he stood next to her, by the mast, and watched it go down, his hat in hand. "She was a good vessel," he murmured to his captive. "I regret we couldn't crew her. But I won't leave a good ship for the Spanish to find." Yes, he may have been a pirate, but he was also an Englishman.

As the crow's nest disappeared beneath the waves, he turned to her more fully. "I've no wish to harm ye, Bloody Ethel. It's just business. I know it's not what you planned. Plans change. Will you take my offer? Even with just a share, it ought to be enough to buy yourself another ship, a better ship. You're many things, Ethel, but not a fool."

She seemed to waver everything as it passed by but once seeing and hearing her ship burble and she shook her head. "Windslow no!" She gasped and whimpered as her ship sunk slowly, tilting over to the side and her head hung low. She had been defeated, and pulled of her pride and sighed softly. She was never sad, but the sight of her ship sinking, her crew locked up in irons in the brig..everything was going wrong. Her eyes traveled over to him and she sighed, biting her bottom lip before she leaned back against the mast.

He was damn right she wasn't a fool, though her eyes looked to the deck of his ship. "Fine.." She said and shook her head. "All right, I gave you what you wanted. Give me and my crew our share and drop us off at port and we'll be on our merry way." She muttered, not so happy. But yeah right, like it would happen that easily. He was a pirate as well why would he make her life easy? "When you open it, I have to be there as well. I will not give you the code and be on this mast when you open it. I demand to be there when it's opened. Or no accord." She spoke and gripped the mast with her fingers.

Windslow eyed her in return. "You're not a fool, and you're not an oath-breaker, either. You'll lie in an instant, but you keep your word once given. At least, that's your reputation. I want you to shake on the deal with me, and I'll let you loose to join your crew. When we get to Tortuga in 3 days, we'll divvy up the shares, and all go our separate ways, very much richer. That's the deal." He nodded to his men, who grudgingly untied her, and took her hands out of the irons.

Windslow looked her in the eye. "Share for you, share for your crew, no tricks on either side," he said. He spit into his palm and held it out to her, the age-old ritual of sealing an oath.

In truth, as he waited for her decision, his mind was on his crew. They didn't much seem to like letting Ethel go, even though it was to make a deal that was better for everyone. He suppressed his frown. The new crew was influencing even the older crewmembers to behave unprofessionally, and with the payday so close, he could hardly get strict with the discipline, lest he risk a mutiny. He just hoped it wouldn't cause a problem in the few days left to go.

She didn't know whether to trust him or even accept it, though once her eyes caught sight of him spitting in her hand she knew he was serious and she sighed softly. It was the age-old way of sealing an oath and she stared at his hand. She bit her bottom lip softly before looking back up to him and cocking her head. "Fine. You better keep your oath, or I swear on everything holy. You will not live to see the daybreak." She said softly and turned her head. Feeling herself being untied from the mast and her hands released from the irons. Immediately her hands moved to touch her wrists where she had squirmed and rubbed them raw.

Though hearing grumbling she glared at his crew, bringing her left hand to her mouth as she spit on her palm before moving it back down and taking his hand, shaking it. She let go before wiping her hand on her pants and turned as she felt a pair of hands on her arms and she knew she'd be taken down to her crew, at least she was able to be with them.

The surly crewmembers wrestled Bonney down to the brig area with unnecessary roughness, and she was pretty sure several of those brushes against her private areas weren't accidents. But she wasn't outright molested, and soon she was thrown in with her crew, ten hardy souls, four of which were injured but still going. The cell was small for 11 people, but not horribly so. It would do for the three or so days to Tortuga.

That evening, and the two successive evenings, Windslow came down to the brig, bringing the evening meal and acting as ship's doctor; he had the most experience with injuries, having been a doctor's assistant for a time before taking up piracy. He always brought better food than they got from the rest of the crew, and they all knew if they did anything to him, their lives were forfeit, so he was safe when he entered the brig cell. While he tended stab wounds and head injuries, he spoke casually, primarily with his patient but also with Captain Bonney. He was keeping his word to hold no grudges. It wasn't much, but it was the only civil conversation she and her crew had with their captors, as the rest of the crew was unaccountably vicious toward them.

It wasn't until late at night on the third night, the night before they were expected to sight Tortuga (although the winds had been slow, and they were behind schedule) that it all came to a head. The captured crew was awoken by a clumsy rattling of keys in the cell door, as four of the burly crew lined up to enter, with three more holding guns on the prisoners to ensure their compliance. All seven stank of rum, and their smiles were more predatory than solicitous. When they finally got the door open, all four shouldered their way in and went straight for Bloody Bonney.

Though the days had passed and it shocked Bonney almost at how nice the Captain was being, but then again they did shake their hands on Oath and she sat back. Small conversations between her crew and him. Though most nights speaking with her crew and telling them of what ship they would need to salvage when they got to Tortuga. She knew she wouldn't be able to get a ship from the port of Tortuga, maybe salvage a ship that has no crew upon it. Though her words were cut short as she saw a few men from Windslows crew walking down and to their cell. Cocking her brow to see their guns pointed at her and her crew. "What do you think yer doing?" She asked just as the cell door was opened and they went directly for her.

"Eh..back off." She growled and gave a light gasp at the sudden tight grasp on her arms and she was shoved through the door. "Eh! Leave our Cap'n alone! She didnt do anything to you!" "Yeah! Let her go!" A few of the men yelled, almost sensing what the men had on their minds. Though when they had brought her down days earlier she had noticed the unnecessary places they were touching. Her private parts most of between her legs and her breasts, though she was brought back as she felt a hand glide up and along her breast. "Get yer hand off me." She sneered just as the door to the brig was shut and she had felt something burrowing deep inside of her that she hadn't felt in years....Fear.

The looks on their faces, more so in their eyes and the strong odor of rum from their breath and she knew what was going to happen. "Windslow!" She yelled out as her body squirmed, he may be her enemy but she knew he wouldn't allow this as she writhed under their grasp.

A rough hand was clapped over her mouth as soon as she called for Windslow. The seven of them brought her up on deck, nearly carrying her outright, where more of the crew waited. She looked around, and saw just about everybody was there, save a few who were on necessary duty (wheelman, lookout) and Windslow himself. The other captain was nowhere to be seen.

Bonney was taken to the forecastle, where the Mosaic Chest had been moved. Her captor flung her to the wood in front of the chest, and everybody gathered up in a circle around her and the massive container. A swarthy one-eyed man, Van Graaf, one of Windslow's new crew, yet acting as the ringleader of this band, came down to one knee and glowered at her.

"We don't want to wait until port," he growled. "We've been waiting for days. We want to see the treasure NOW. So open it up for us, pretty captain." He took her hand, and laid it upon the first of the coded lock dials. She could smell the rum, and could almost feel the hate and lust radiating from him. She was sharply aware that she was the only woman these sea dogs had seen for weeks, and she was in a very vulnerable position...

Bloody Bonney gasped in slight pain as her knees and hands met the deck roughly, on the deck of the ship before the Chest and she breathed in. She peered out, not seeing Windslow and she glared at all of the crew. "Yeah well you can wait for tomorrow. As we'll be in Tortuga." Though feeling his hand moving to rest it upon one of the dials that she had to change in order to open it she flung her hand back from the chest, up into the air and managed to have time to curl it as it hit the mans face. "Don't touch me." She sneered, "I will not open for you. Your Captain did not permit it." She growled and stood up as she pushed herself away from one of the men.

"This is Ridiculous. You can wait, it's only a couple of hours." She said and turned as she moved to shove herself through the group.

Back
Top Bottom