Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Colder than the Snow ((me and Houdini))

Senka smiled as he spoke and said "yeah.... It's nice to forget the world and just worry about the other person for awhile" she smiled and cuddled into him and smiled. She closed her eyes and said " I suppose of they find us... Least there was nothing left undone" she said.

He smiled back at her as he lay there running his hands along her side, agreeing with her sentiment. "That's true, Senka. Maybe that's even more so why I didn't want you to... take your revenge today." He closed his eyes, taking a relaxed, deep breath. "I felt there was something unfulfilled between us." He reached up to her red hair, and stroked his fingers through it. "That doesn't mean I'm giving you permission to get us killed tomorrow, though," he added with a chuckle.

Senka felt his hands on her sides and she smiled as he spoke. She felt his hands running through her hair and she smiled and said "I promise I won't" she said. She smiled and cupped his face in her hands and kissed him softly before pulling away with a smile. She then looked down a little and said "Were you close to that man?" she asked.

He sighed as she stroked his face. "No, I wouldn't say so. Did I take orders from him on occasion? Yes. I've played cards with him as well. But we didn't go out of our way to see each other." Even so, the question got his mood just a little more melancholy. The subject of death was one that he'd hoped to distance himself from, going AWOL from the Nazis. But, he was forced to remember, going on the lam with Senka only brought him closer, in more ways than one.

Senka looked at him and said "Thats good...I did not want to be responsible for the death of one of your friends" she said softly. She looked into his eyes and said "I think I regret what I did....perhaps I should have stopped myself...but there is nothing I can do now" she said looking away for a moment. She looked down and said "But...I will never be able to forgive him for what he did..."

"I understand, Senka," he said, clutching her body and starting to feel groggy. Josef looked forward to spending the night in bed with Senka, like lovers so, almost as much as he had to 'sleeping with her' in the other sense of the term. "As you said, I cannot be sure I wouldn't have acted if I had such a perfect opportunity to get revenge," he said, as his eyes got heavier.

Senka smiled at him as his eyes began to close slowly. She stroked his face and said "Lets go to sleep Josef" with a smile. She then closed her eyes and cuddled into his chest, closing her eyes softly and begining to go to sleep for the night in his strong arms. She felt at him with him. She hadn't felt this way since Dmitri. She had forgotten what it felt like.

"Yes, I'll see you in the morning, my love," he said with a contented smile. He pulled her body into his, their contours lining up perfectly. Holding her tightly into his chest, he drifted off for the night, feeling perfect there with her. He slept as soundly as he had in maybe years, not remembering a thing until the morning light peeked in through the window. The first thing he remembered as he stirred was a tuft of Senka's red hair in his face. "Mmm, baby," he said, barely half awake, but delighted at waking up next to her.

Senka felt him stirring beneath her and she opened her eyes slowly. She looked at him and smiled wearily. "Good morning" she said to him softly. She looked at him and smiled and kissed his cheek softly and said "Did you a good sleep?" she asked him softly.

"Morning, my dear," he said softly. Reaching his arm around her, he pulled her whole body close to his. "I slept wonderfully." Opening his eyes and looking at her, he was startled for a moment, as waking up next to a warm body, he had sleepily thought it was his late wife. Not saying a word of this to Senka, he continued to cuddle her a little, before kissing her cheek and getting out of bed. He hated to admit it to himself, but spending the night with her reminded him greatly of the warmth and love he'd shared with her for the few years before she was lost.

Senka smiled as he pulled her close. It felt nice to be close to him like this. It made her feel whole again. 5 years ago Dmitri at been her other half. He'd been cut away from her, now that half was filled again once more. Senka felt his kiss and she smiled. He got out of the bed and she looked at him. She looked down for a moment and said "If we are not found...where will we go?" she asked josef.

Josef had been slowly preparing for the day. He knew the soldiers would still be on close on their tails. Although he had enjoyed a wonderful night with Senka, he hadn't assumed that they were a 'we'. He was pleasantly surprised to hear Senka ask this question. Looking at her, he sighed. "We won't be found, Senka. You must think positively. But you aren't planning to return to Russia any longer, dear?"

Senka looked down a little and said "I couldn't even if I tried. As long at this war is still going, if I returned to Russia, they would only drag me back to the army" she said quietly. "They probably already think I'm dead...mother will be upset...I hope it dosen't destroy her..." she said softly.

So she wouldn't be going back to Russia, then. "Well, I don't mean to hurry you, but there is probably half an army trying to kill us," he grinned as he tugged his pants on, and started buttoning up his uniform. He tossed some of Senka's clothes towards the bed. "But does that mean maybe you'll stay with me, dear?" he asked a little quietly.

Senka looked at him and nodded and began to put her clothes back on. She got out of the bed and stood up to pull her pants on. She looked at him and said "I guess it dose...do you want that?" she asked him softly. She didn't want to be a burden on him. He had already done so much for her. If he said no, she didn't know how he'd react.

((he said he buttoned up his uniform, is that a typo?))

As Josef got everything together, everything on except his coat, he approached Senka by the bed, and embraced her. "I want it more than anything in the world," he whispered in her ear. Picking up his satchel and tossing it over his shoulder, he headed for the door. "But, right behind that, I'd also like to live another day. So let's get moving, dear," he said, opening the door.

((Yeah, sorry, they are in civilian clothes, of course))

Senka watched as he made his way over to her and held her in a warm embrace. She smiled at his whispers in her ear. She was pleased that he wanted to stay with her. Perhaps there was more to come in their lives together. She felt him pull away and she smiled and put on her coat and put her own pack on after him and nodded ad said "Alright" and began to head for the door and down the stairs.

He led the way out, peeking his head around the outer door on the frigid morning. With no soldiers in sight, he slipped on his gloves, took Senka's hand, and led the way outside. "Now I suppose we just need to find a place where it may be safe to stay for a while," he suggested. But no sooner had they headed about five minutes towards the outskirts of town, than Josef spotted four German soldiers marching right towards them. He froze, unsure what to do at first.

Senka looked at him and as they began to walk. "Yeah...thats true" she said. After 5 minutes senka saw the soldiers heading towards them and she looked at them and with out looking as Josef she breathed out "Act normal, keep walking" she said dragging him a little wen he stopped for a split second. If they stopped and looked afraid, it would tip the soldiers off. Her hair was covered by scarf so it wouldn't be so much of a give away

She was right, he realized immediately. Josef did his best to act normal, not making any direct eye contact with any of the soldiers. Apparently, they did look like a couple of peasants, and went unnoticed. "You really saved us there," he said to Senka with a smile once they'd passed. "I really would have panicked."

Senka looked at him and smiled and said "Don't worry about it, lets just get out of here before we start pushing our luck" she said continuing to make there way out of the town.

Josef nodded at her, and trudged on, heading into the thick forest. He took off his gloves, rubbing his hands together before putting them back on. He realized that it was a colder day than it had been, even though it wasn't snowing. It made his blood feel like it was about to freeze. After about half a day's walking, he paused and stopped. "We're low on rations, but do you want to rest and eat some of what we have?"

Senka looked at him and said "I'm not sure, maybe we should keep going onto the next town...keep the rations for when we really need them" she said to him. She didn't know how tired he was or anything like that. She wasn't so much fatigues, but that was becouse she was used to things like this. She didn't know about him.

Josef looked at her and nodded. He admired her, actually, the was she was so strong and resolute. "That's smart," he agreed. "We don't know how long we'll need to run." Finally, as dusk approached, they were on the outskirts of the next town. "This seems like a small place," he noted. "I hope it's big enough to blend in."

Senka looked down at the town that they had reached. She smiled a little to her self and said "Come on, lets go" she said beginging to head closer to the town gates. Once they were through the gates she looked to him and said "Where will we stay this time" she asked him. The town was pretty small. It had an Inn, and a handful of shops and thats was about it. She looked back at him and looked back around the place trying to see if the soldiers were here yet.

Back
Top Bottom