Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Drow Wars, Chapter 1 (Team 1) [NSFW]

strangelove

Super-Earth
Arrival at the Stones of Heakun
The Island of Chillhame
standing_stone.PNG
At first, it felt as if dreaming. The sense of dislocation, the giddiness, the feeling of flying rapidly through space, all add to the unreality. What was this place? What had happened a moment ago? These thoughts arose in the minds of the three individuals, as they were half-awake, on the borderlands of consciousness. Perhaps they had been knocked senseless, or poisoned with some hallucinogenic drug. One thing was certain; all of them were in a strange place and none could remember how they came there.

What could be seen was as clouded and vague as the contents of their minds. There seemed to be nothing but mist, swirling in eddies around them, with a suggestion of huge shapes briefly glimpsed through it. The mist was cold on their faces and with a start they realized that this was no dream. They were very much there, physically there in the body and flesh, fully dressed (that meant less fully for some of them it seemed) and carrying their equipment. There was wet grass beneath their feet. None of them felt pain, so they could reason that they were not knocked out and dragged to this place. How, then, did they come to be here?

Alone in the mist, for they still knew nothing of any others only a few feet away, they could wonder why they did not feel more afraid. There was a presence there, something old and comforting, like a childhood memory.

The mist began to clear. In the faint light of a new day, the huge forms that was glimpsed before revealed themselves. They were megaliths – standing stones that towered over high above, set into the form of a circle. This place was achingly familiar to all three, yet none of them had never been there before.

Through the thinning mists, they now saw that they were not alone. There were others there, three others to be exact, each sitting by one of the large standing stones and by the look of them, each and every one of them were just as surprised to find themselves there.

Edelmei slowly regained her bearings. She was sitting the the damp grass beneath a large monolith. The stone towered at least ten feet above her head. Her back was to the stone and she could see three others sitting beneath three different stones, looking just as confused as she felt herself. She had gone to sleep in the land of the Sun Kings and the mighty pyramids of The Topaz Dominions. But there seemed to be no scorching desert anywhere close. She had wrapped herself into her cloak when the night fell and now.... now she was somewhere else - though she was praising her luck that her cloak protected her from the cold wind that seemed to sweep in.

The blue skinned woman stood up. She was about 6' tall, with long and strong limbs. Her breasts were a modest B-Cup. Her clothes seemed to be made of light but durable fabric and hugged her form well. Her hair was blue just like her skin, however in a darker hue. It came down to the middle of her back. She stood with an ease and elegance that made it seem like she levitated.

Edelmei looked at the three others, a drow and two humans by the look of it and all women like herself - well perhaps not exactly like herself. With the circle of stones being no more than 50' in diameter they all were withing hearing distance. Her voice was soft and airy. "What... what happened? Do any of you know what happened?" Her beautiful face did show a bit of confusion, "I'm Edelmei of the Topaz Dominions. Who are you?" She asked the three others.

272f2a0c74a17b6ba7743b501c589dae.jpg
Senna awoke with a start, as she always does. This time, however, she had good reason to. No longer was she sat at the encampments on the Schlass, but a misty clearing. The sellsword turned to look at the stone at her back for a moment before ensuring her things were as they remember them. Seeing everything was there, Senna was surprised. As glad as she was that she no longer had to gear up for naval combat on the Schlass, the silk-dressed swordswoman was rather worried about her contract being voided with her early departure. Soon enough, she dropped the thought, and turned as the mist started to clear.

As Senna stands, she begins to stretch, having been asleep on the ground. She wears a set of dancer's silks, a rather strange attire for a mercenary. The woman was a bit short of five-and-a-half feet, but her physique and posture suggested she was not new to swinging the strange sword she carried on her back. Her breasts appeared to be a small B-cup, but the silks she wore were rather tight on her chest, begetting the true nature of her C-cups. Her clothes were a dancer's set of silks, things made to bare the body, and allow for a full range of movement. As such, they clung to the woman's form. The sellsword's light brown hair fell to a braid half way down her back, as she walks towards the middle of the clearing, it seems to flow behind her.

As the Sylph asks her question, Senna shrugs. "Of that, I'm not sure. Last I can remember, I was gearin' up for a battle on the Schlass. Now I find myself..." The sellsword gestures to get surroundings "...Here, in a place I don't know. Now, what I can answer, is who I am, as that's a rather easy one! My name's Senna. I'm a sellsword who should be on the Schlass, but is out one really nice contract..." As her thoughts turn back to her contract, Senna grumbles.

Last edited:
It had been a night like most others for the young bard. Tessa sat by the fire, humming quietly as her fingers moved skillfully along the lute she held in her hands. This was her second night at this tavern and the night had been going about as well as the first. Most of the eyes near here were focused on her, listening to melody and letting her gentle words soothe them, letting themselves forget about whatever worries they had arrived with. It was a perfect distraction, one that drew their attention from the two women among the crowd who were making a few coin pouches a bit lighter.

Aveline and Tamera, two of Tessa’s childhood friends who had become her permanent traveling companions. This was a usual scheme for the three of them. They would target the ones who were a bit rambunctious and loud and humble them a bit by helping themselves to a bit of their coin. They never took more than they needed, just enough to provide for themselves and they occasional poor soul they met along the way. The bright pink lips of the bard formed into a gentle smile as she locked eyes with one of her friends. This would be a good night for them.

But slowly the bar around her begin to lose focus. Tessa furrowed her brows trying to refocus her vision, to hold onto to the fading noise of her own music. Then, everything seemed to fade away completely.

Tessa slowly came too, like awakening from some deep trance. The cool air brushing against her skin slowly pushing her to be aware of her surroundings and the fading mist.

How much did I drink?

Tessa’s hands quickly went to her body checking herself. First sliding down the soft sleeveless white top she wore. The shirt cut low enough to reveal the cleavage of her average sized chest, but hanging loosely around her slender form, leading down to a long red skirt that ended at her knees right above her leather boots.

Or rather what the hell did I drink?

She breathed a sigh of relief however as her hands traveled to her pack. Her lute and her bow both accounted for, and judging from the weight of her bag so was her armor. Her brow furrowed a bit though as she realized the bowl she had been collecting her evenings tips in was nowhere to be seen. But she clearly had more pressing issues than her missing profit.

Tessa let out a sigh and brushed her long hair back out of her eyes. The usually gentle and bright eyed features of the young woman fell into a look of concern and worry. She was certainly lost. Wherever she was now, it was clearly far from where she was, far from her friends and the warmth of the tavern. How could this have happened? Some sort of magic? Did someone slip her something? But who would have thought she was noteworthy enough to waste such an effort on?

The soft caress of another woman’s voice pulled her out of her own thoughts though. She was not alone. Her eyes darted first to the woman who just introduced herself as Edelmei, tracing up and down her figure taking in how the tight armor hugged her form. She was certainly a beautiful woman. She was tall and carried herself well, and a Sylph as well. Tessa didn’t recall seeing very many Selphs around, but then again she was far from that small tavern now. As Tessa was about to speak she heard another voice causing her to turn her head towards the new voice. Another woman, a human like her, and just as beautiful as the Sylph. Tessa’s eyes scanned the other woman as well, she certainly wasn’t shy. Her stance suggested a confidence in both the weapon on her back as well as herself. She couldn’t hide her glance lingering on the silks, the woman wore. An odd choice for someone with such a weapon, but she wore it well. Tessa quickly realized her staring and snap her gaze away, a bright blush crossing her cheeks as she turned her attention towards the other woman who had not spoke. A drow and another beauty. Well, there were certainly worse places to turn up than in the company of these three.

Tessa’s instincts had carried her this far in life. She had survived this long by listening to them, and everything in her was telling her to get back from this group and ready her weapon until she figured out what just happened. But there was something calming about the confusion the others so plainly wore as well. They were just as confused as she was.

“I am Tessa of nowhere particularly special.” She responded, her gentle voice finally breaking her silence. She gave a polite half bow towards the three and returned her gaze to meet their own. “As for what happened, I should be counting my cut from a night at a tavern right now, so your guess is as good as mine.

Last edited:
tumblr_owqlxhO2GD1syde1no1_1280.jpg
"Aluran! Aluuuuuraaaannnn! You can't hide forever, you old goatfucker! You better hope you didn't damage that pipe or I'll stuff the pieces up your ass unti—" The voice started quietly, as though far off and filtering through a hundred meters of fog at least, and grew closer—grew louder, anyway—at a shockingly rapid pace. Coarse language notwithstanding, it was really a lovely voice, Caldrazan accents really do shine in mezzo-soprano, and this one was especially smooth. Made the Common sound almost melodic. But of course it would, coming from an elf. And it did come from an elf, which was obvious as soon as the mists began to clear. She was on foot, she was leaning forward with her hands on her knees, and her mouth was open in the same shock that had silenced her.

"Huh," she concluded once she had swallowed her startled embarrassment. She stood straight without another word and self-consciously fussed her clothes into place. She needn't have bothered: they fit as though they had been not only made for her, but possibly crafted in place on her. Nothing was tight, exactly, but the tailoring was exquisite. Elves, you know? Three hundred years of practice makes for impressive mastery. And all that skill had been wasted on perfectly ordinary artisan's garb, in the Caldrazan style, like her accent. Her skin was largely a dusky lavender that doesn't show up in the elves of Xoth Sarandi, except for mottled pale patches, like she'd been splashed several times with off-white paint, or perhaps was the result of a shoddy dyer's work altogether.

"Hello, travelers. Please, forgive my loose tongue; I didn't know there was anyone out this far but the sheep to hear it. On which point, I don't suppose any of you saw a ram run by, about this tall—" She a palm out to her side, a bit above her waist. It wasn't really excessive for a big ram; she was the shortest of the four, at a glance. "—light brown wool, had ten feet of metal in his mouth last I had him in what the wet hell are those?!" She pointed up at one of the menhirs, then swung her hand to another, and another, looking even more startled with each one.

"Those aren't... We don't have stones like that within forty miles of Rothskavy." At last, the elf girl settled on glaring at Tessa as though she were responsible for... whatever it was that had happened. She had a great Very Cross look for someone her size. The red eyes helped.

Last edited:
The blue skinned woman began to approach the three others cautiously. She had experienced her share of racial prejudice to be too trusting with strangers. But they all seemed like they were just as confused about their whereabouts as she was herself. She took each of the three others in, they were a sight to behold.

Beautiful and graceful was the human that called herself Senna. A mercenary it seemed and though she carried a blade she didn't seem very well armored. But of course if she was fighting on the river Schlass then an armor would only weigh you down if you fell into the water. Edelmei admired the way the woman moved as if her movements were a natural dance.

The other human seemed a bit younger. Perhaps just having reached adulthood. She was if possibly even more beautiful and the voice she presented herself with was melodious and unlike anything Edelmei could remember having ever heard from a human. She could have been a barmaid from her words, but there seemed to be something more to her than that.

The third, the drow was also a sight to behold. That woman seemed to be a herder of goats. One of those that were called Dark Elves, even though most elven scholars would reject the notion that the Drow were really elves - at least their creation myths were clearly stating that they were the spawn of 'She'. The Drow that didn't give her name was apparently from some place called 'Rothskavy', not that Edelmei had ever heard of the place, but the accent seemed to indicate Caldraza.

Edelmei could not believe that she had been dumped in the middle of nowhere with three such beauties. More and more of this made her think this was a dream. Those three alluring beauties in one pace was something that slowly excited the Sylph. She cursed herself inwards for her body's reaction. But was at the same time glad that her skin didn't blush like a human would.

"I'm glad to meet you all." She said in her airy voice. "So none of us know why or where we are? And those," She pointed at the stones. "you don't know anything about those either?"

There were twelve stones. All arranged in a circle 50' across. Each stone was about 4' wide and almost 20' tall. They were covered with moss. Outside the stones the mist was thick and seemed impenetrable. The cold wind had a smell of salt water in it and the sound of waves upon the shore could be heard not far from their location. Inside the stone circle the ground was level and covered in grass, wet with the morning dew.

As the others speak up, Senna turns to them, listening for a while with a rather blank look on her mind. She's not quite sure what to make of this occurrence, as she's never experienced such a thing beforehand. As Tessa and Edelmei both turn to her, Senna gives them both a small smile, preferring to be friendly, rather than hostile. As Edelmei begins to speak up again, the sellsword begins to stretch a bit, having woken up just recently. When the Sylph mentions the stones, pointing out towards them, Senna turns to look backwards, at the stone she walked forward from, then over to the others.

"I've no idea, on both accounts. I shouldn't be here, and I've not seen stones in my travels. I can only hope there's at least a decent reason for this. I'm missin' out on what promised to be a nice bit of payment..."

As she finishes speaking, Senna walks on over to the stone she was resting under, and lays her hand upon it, before wiping away a bit of moss, to see if there's any sort of inscription on the stone, or any sort of information, for that matter.

Senna slowly uncovers the stone she had been resting under. Underneath the moss there was some sort of engraved markings. They seemed old and weather worn but the sellsword had no clue as to their meaning or their significance.

The drow shifted her attention to the other two, at that point, and strolled over to Senna and her investigation. "Got nothin' of the sort back home," she offered when she was close enough she wouldn't need to raise her voice. She moved with a thoughtless grace, weight level, as though she were skating more than walking. She kept her hands casually loose, but her diction was a bit hands-in-pockets hayseed regardless. She leaned to the side to watch what Senna was doing from behind her shoulder.

"Wind smells like the sea. We're probably not far from a coast. But beyond that..." She shrugged with half a smile. "As for how, uh, anybody stumble through an elf gate? This big circle definitely looks like it was made for a reason, you know?"

Tessa gave a slight jump as the drow woman finally spoke up, her brightly colored eyes darting over to her once again. Tessa couldn’t help herself from giggling slightly at the woman’s sudden outburst and question about the ram. It was a nice break from the rather tense situation the four women found themselves in, making Tessa almost forget for a second she had no clue where she was. The drow was just as stunning as the other two women, but there was something almost more disarming about her, very approachable and more relaxed at first glance. Her outfit she wore complimented her perfectly, as if she had meant to wear it. Yet another reason from the three women for Tessa to remember how plain her clothing was. But then again, plain and simple had always been Tessa’s style.

She found herself checking out the drow for a moment or two longer than might have been wise until her eyes wandered up, meeting a harsh glare from the Drow giving the young bard a start. Tessa suddenly realized she hadn’t been listening to anything the three had been saying about the own stones around them and cursed herself for being lost in her own thoughts. She knew better, she needed to be here and now in the present if she was going to be of any aid to the group.

Tessa quickly turned in her boots and approached the stones the other two were investigating as they drew the drow’s attention as well, a perfect excuse to break away from the stern red eyes of the woman. She followed quietly behind the woman approaching, the quiet grace she moved with masked the thought that Tessa usually put into every movement. It was a trick she learned long ago. Careful calculation was a good trait for a street kid or a woman looking out for herself, slightly less of an appealing trait in an aspiring bard.

“Engravings?” She asked quietly as she stepped cautiously around the woman with the fiery hopes, hoping that glare did not return to her. “Do you mind? The stones seem like they may have something magical in nature.” She quietly stepped up beside Senna, cursing her fair skin as she felt the blush returning to her face as she drew closer to the woman. She is stranded out in the middle of who knows where and here she was blushing like a damned maiden over the three beauties she found herself lost with.

She slowly raised her hand up, running it over the engravings as well as she took a closer look at them to see if they were familiar to her at all.

Sure enough the engraving on the stone that Tessa examined was special. It turned out to be an ancient symbol representing the very same constellation that Tessa herself was born under. Nor only that. The stone was aligned in such a way that the very same constellation would be in that direction on midsummer's eve. And when they investigated the other stones they found out that each of them had appeared under the stone that corresponded to their own birth sign and every stone in the circle was arranged with the constellations position on midsummer's eve in mind.

Edelmei looked at the image of the fire breathing dragon that was engraved on her stone. "The Firedrake. That is my sign. Never put any significance into it." She said with a voice of wonder. Then she mumbled a few words and scanned the area. "The whole place is magic. An ancient magic. And extremely powerful, I've never heard of anything like this." She said in almost reverence.

The blue skinned woman looked at the dark elf. Her question about the elf gates was a valid one however. "I've only been though an elf gate once. That was nothing like this. And I've only ever heard of Elf Gates at sea."

Senna idly followed along as the others seemed to unravel some of the mystery about the place they found themselves in. As it's explained that they woke up under the stone with their corresponding sign, Senna stared at the stone bearing the Satyr, nodding.

"Certainly seems truthful. I was born under the Satyr, and I woke over there. Not sure why it's only the four of us, in that case, though." The sellsword shrugs, and walks over with the rest of the group, seemingly unfazed by the looks shot her way by the Sylph and the other human. To answer the drow's prior question of the sea gates, Senna vehemently shakes her head.

"Not possible. I wasn't awake whenever I got brought here, and I'm pretty sure I don't go 'bout, sleepwalkin'. Unless a gate opened up an' swallowed me whole, I was brought here by somethin' else. Bigger question is: What are we to be doin' right 'bout now? I'd be fine with goin' back up to the Schlass, see if I can salvage my contract, but I can't very well do so without any idea as to where I am..."

As the silk-adorned woman awaited an answer, she leans up against the stone the rest of the group was closest, wanting to hear their ideas.

Out of nowhere, a voice suddenly spoke to them. It was faint as if it was coming to them from far, far away, but it was perfectly clear. As it spoke, the stones seemed to thrum with a strange vibration, as if they were amplifying the voice somehow.

"The time of the Equinox has come. My children… I am sorry. I have done what must be done. You deserve answers. I am far… too far from you. You must learn who you are. The land is yours. The people are yours." The speaker seemed to be under great strain, as if speaking was exhausting her.

"This place is sacred to you. Sacred to the stars that you are. There are other places like this. From the time when people remembered. Heed me now. If any of you should fall, then bear her to the stones, and the soul will be able to enter the flesh… once again. But make haste, for flesh that is spoiled can never be made whole."

There was silence again. The silence almost deafening after the voice that had stretched over impossible distances to reach them. Then the voice spoke once more, faint as a dying echo: "Know this. There is a force against you. Already it gathers, already it senses your return. Seek the sword of Starkweather John… it lies near, waiting to be claimed… when that is found, you may begin to understand, to remember."

And then the voice was gone. It was almost a physical feeling for the four women. The voice for a short moment imbued the place with something that was not of this world. But now only a tiny fragment of it remained.

As if by the hand of the gods the mist began to clear. And in a few minutes it was clear that the group was on a small island. It was about a quarter of a mile across and the only structure on the island was the circle of stones, only elevated about fifteen feet above sea level. To the south were a causeway towards what looked like the mainland.

When the voice began to speak, the drow whirled to look behind them. Seeing no one there, she spun to one flank and then the other, ears twitching and eyes wide. She had vaguely raised her hands, albeit with nothing that qualified as a "stance". They came down at the same pace her expression faded from alarmed to confused, and still the voice addressed them.

"Heeeyyyyy, do any of you hear..." she started to ask, but the looks on the other women's faces when she turned to actually see those answered the question. They were all listening to something, and the disembodied voice had suggested it was speaking to all four. The drow's eyes went a bit unfocused as she listened and tried to make sense of what it was saying.

After the voice had finished and the midst cleared, she turned in a slow circle to take in the rest of their surroundings. A long sliding whistle marked the end of her stunned silence. "Well, girls. I can confirm for you that I have no idea where we are. We should stay together at least long enough to get back to civilization, whatever you think of the whole Chosen One shtick."

Pausing, she set her hands on her ample hips and looked around them until the moment shrank to just a dismayed head-shake. "Er, what do you think of the whole Chosen One shtick?" she remembered to ask only after taking a few strides toward the stone where she had dropped her pack.

Tessa ran her fingers gently along with the symbol. The rose. The very same constellation she had been born under. She had never given stars too much thought, she always believed in making her own luck in this world. But it was hard to say there was nothing to them. She certainly fit the description of someone born under The Rose. Her entire profession relied on her allure. People getting distracted by her voice, being drawn in by a glance she may do or a smile, and leaving her money for her performance.

“Constellations.” She finally stated loudly. “They are even positioned properly. Perhaps this is some sort of ritual site? That would explain these unusual stones. But a ritual for what?” Tessa’s voice grew quieter as she talked, making it apparently she was mostly talking to herself. A habit she had never quite grown out of and found herself falling into often.

The young Bard perked up and turned around as the conversation turned to elf gates. “I am of similar thought to Senna, it would be impossible for it to have been an elf gate. I wasn’t anywhere near such a thing unless that tavern was a lot more than meets the eye.”

“Maybe we shou-” Tessa’s suggestion of getting far from this place was quickly interrupted by a chilling voice reaching her ear, almost a whisper that she could hear perfectly. This voice was not natural, it couldn’t be. The four women were seemingly alone in this area and yet, from the looks on the other women’s faces they all heard it took. Tessa felt a chill roll down her spine as the voice continued to speak to her. Children? This place was sacred? What did even of this even mean? This place was nothing to her. She had never even been here. Something bigger than them was in play here. Something had brought them here and now it was telling them they were chosen for something? Tessa let out a long sigh as she scanned the newly revealed landscape. She had no clue where she was. Perfect.

The young bard secured the rest of her belongings and turned her glance towards the causeway. Whatever this voice was selling, she only knew one thing. She wanted no part of it.

“It’s nonsense right? Some sort of trickery, some wizards idea of a joke.” she answered to the Drow who spoke up first. There was a lack of confidence in her words. She wanted to believe this was some sort of trick. But she knew better, she could feel something was strange about this entire place and she wanted to be far from here quickly and back to her normal life. “Chosen one? No thanks, my destiny is mine and mine alone.” She turned her head back to the other women giving them a bright smile. “I do think sticking together is a great idea though. Clearly none of us know what is going on and are certainly not responsible for it. If everyone is willing that is of course.”

Edelmei was no stranger to voices in her head. But this one came though more clearly than anything she had ever experienced. It wasn't the faint whispers of her blood that spoke to her in ways she couldn't understand. Nor was it the traces of prophetic wisdom that came to her in the most unfortunate ways. This was clear even if faint, the words burned themselves into her memory. She knew she was in the presence of something much greater than anything she had ever experienced. It made her feel small and insignificant.

Equinox... Children.... The stars that they were. What did it all mean?

The blue skinned woman was slow to speak up. "I.... I don't think it's any trickery Tessa. This place is truly infused with magic beyond anything I've ever seen. And this talk of returning souls to the dead flesh. I've never heard of anything that could do that - once we die our souls are gone." She felt a shiver up her spine. "Not even the gods can return the dead to life. That's what I've always heard. If this place can do that for us.... that means..." She shook her head, "I don't know what it means. It's beyond me."

She had to take a few seconds to gather her thoughts, "But if this sword will make us remember what we have forgotten..... then I suggest we find whomever this Starkweather John is." She nodded at the others, "And sticking together sounds like a good choice."

Last edited:
Senna raises an eyebrow as she begins to hear the voice in her head, and looks to others. As she sees they seem to be hearing something similar, she shrugs, befitting of the Satyr-signed, after all... Once the voice ceased speaking, the sellsword was positively confused.

"I, uh, am not too sure as to how I should be feelin'. I don't feel like I'm a fated whatever-have you, but this is, at the very least, some direction. Either way, I don't really got anythin' better to do, seein' as I'm still not sure as to where I actually am, y'know? I don't think I'm gettin' back to the Schlass any time soon, so if we're to be seekin' out this sword, we might as well, yeah?"

The silk-clad woman looks to the others from her spot resting against the Satyr stone with an expectation of answers.

"That's unanimous, then," the drow girl announced, shouldering her pack and setting her feet toward the causeway. She didn't start walking until the others appeared ready, but her intent was obvious.

"So we find out where we are now, where this John guy is, or whether he's even a live person or a local legend or something, and where we can get a good meal, yeah? Let's, uh... Let's just not mention the voice for now, ask about the stones carefully? Who has a suggestion for how we got here?" She was a fast walker, it turned out.

With the dark skinned elf taking the lead, the four of them began to leave the circle of stones. The walk to the causeway seemed short. As they approached it seemed like the place was flooded daily, most likely as part of the tides.

Suddenly something caught the quartet's eyes. About 60' in front of them on either side, a few clouds of black smoke seemed to rise from the ground. The smoke seemed to coalesce into more solid forms, becoming more and more humanoid by the second. Until four creatures, two on either side, stood up. From the distance they looked like goblins. But goblins with pitch black skin - just like the smoke from which they had been formed. Their guttural voices didn't make any sense and they seemed rather hostile.

Combat starts.
Round #1
Initiative:
23 Varvara
23 Enemies
20 Edelmei
11 Tessa
8 Senna

All declare your actions that you want to do in the round and then roll for whatever you do in the dice roller. I will then conclude the round with the actions of all actors before a new round starts.

"Hold up! Company!" the drow announced. "Company." She drew the dagger from her belt immediately. People who want a friendly chat don't try to trap you on a strange island. She had a feeling these things knew they were new here.

Readying a standard action: If they approach to within 30',I'm chucking some sharp through whichever one looks the weakest. It will automatically miss.

Seeing the smoky creatures rise up from nothing as the group started to head somewhere more productive, Senna sighs, as they seem intent on a fight. Slowly, the sellsword produces her weapon as she rushes forward, and then adopts a more defensive stance, ready to intercept the enemies. "I'll be the front line!"

Running forward 30' with my move action, spending the standard action to go into total defense.

Tessa knew Edelmei’s words were true. The chances of this being some simple trick was incredibly unlikely. The lengths someone would have to go through to perform this kind of stunt were staggering in thought alone, much less in practice. She cursed whatever this voice was, whatever had brought them here. But her new companions were right. There was something more to this and for better or worse it involved all of them.

“You are right. For now, our best course of action may be to find this man. It may very well be our way home.” She admitted as she turned and began following the crew. She didn’t like having this little information. She was a woman that always prided herself on having control of her own path. Being lost like this with only small clues to follow made her feel helpless. Helplessness she had not felt since her childhood, and she hated that feeling.

She pulled herself away from memories she wished to remain forgotten as her new Drow friend asked for suggestions on how they got here. “We are a traveling circus of course! Or a band of musicians!” Tessa joked with a warm smile at the three. “I already have the instrument!” It was a dumb joke, Tessa knew that before she even said it. But Tessa most often filled silence or masked any discomfort with poor jokes and songs, and now was not the ideal time for a song.

“We can be called The-” Tessa’s new companions were spared any more of her poor humor as the sight in front of her quickly made the young woman stop talking. Her companions were quick to spring into action and Tessa followed suit.

“Not even going to give me a chance to put on my armor huh?” She mumbled quietly as drew her bow and readied an arrow.

Readying a standard action, firing at the first target to draw close to Senna. It will automatically miss.

Edelmei like most of her new companions paused at the strange sight of the smoky creatures forming from the ground. But she didn't hesitate long.

Move into melee and then Cast Spell defensively - luckily hitting

Two of the shadow goblins rushed forward trying to engage the four women, however none of them were quick enough to get close enough to them. The other two fired their bows at random targets.

Both arrows sailed towards Tessa and she avoided one but the other hit her in the left arm, drawing blood.

Varvara threw a weapon at the approaching goblins but missed miserably.

Edelmei cast a spell, the electricity crackling in the air, scorching the creature, but not taking it down.

Tessa fires an arrow at one of the goblins but misses the small target that.

Senna moved into range of the two approaching goblins, using her skills to avoid blows at all cost.

Round #1 results:
Tessa takes 3 point of damage.
Goblin #1 - Damage 3
Senna - total defense until her turn.

Round #2
Initiative:
23 Varvara
23 Enemies
20 Edelmei
11 Tessa
8 Senna

Long claws suddenly form on Edelmei's slender blue hand. They become scaled and deadly looking and she slashes out against the creature she had just injured.

Swift Action: Arcane Strike
Grow Claws
Full attack with both claws - one hitting for 7 Damage

Back
Top Bottom