Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Drow Wars, Chapter 1 (Team 1) [NSFW]

Senna followed the group, idly humming some sort of cadence to herself as she walked along, not a care in the world. She hardly notices the sorry state of the building, as well as the harsh looks thrown to the groups way by the old woman. Truth is, she was more fixated on the bar across the way, but was waylaid in going that way when Varvara turns to address the old woman that was giving the group a scorned glare.

Senna was rather surprised with the ease by which the drow talked to what seemed a judgmental old lady, but it was impressive nonetheless. Were it that she was on the other end of the drow's word, the sellsword might have just hung off everything she had said.

The blue skinned woman kept in the background. She had lived a life with prejudice, especially from people in rural settings. Her kind was even rarer than Varvara's, and she had learned not to draw attention to herself. She studied the surrounding buildings. The sorry state of the town spoke of a place that didn't have much money.

It seemed like the drow was handling the talking just right and it seemed like the old lady with the basked was warming up to the dark skinned elf's words. Edelmei smiled a little to herself. It was good to be with others for once. She could already see that working together could actually be a benefit for all.

The lady weaving the basket appeared to be the shopkeeper as well. Surprisingly she warmed up to Varvara's hearty speech and gave the young drow a smile. "Well young one. Welcome to Bronce, I'm Mother Bailey. If you need anything. A new basket or a blanket, just come to me. You won't find better prices in twenty miles." She grinned, "You won't find another shop in twenty miles."

"Starkweather John you say? Well I can't say I've ever heard of anyone coming to see him." She pointed to the west. "He's buried in his tomb in the hills. Just where the forest starts." She told the dark elf. "But I don't think you'll find it very exciting. He was killed about a thousand years ago by one of your kind." She said pointing at Varvara.

"Well, I promise I'm not come by to rub that in his face," she responded with a shrug. And then a friendly wave. And then she turned back to the other girls to relay what she'd learned.

Tessa had to hold back a giggle as her new friends response to the woman. But she couldn’t help but being impressed. The girl had seemed to charm the old woman like it was nothing. Her new friends proved themselves to only be more and more remarkable, what exactly did she, herself, contribute to this group.

“A tomb huh? I mean I suppose we could help out. But getting some rest or more information might not hurt. We could head over to the tavern as well.” She paused nodding towards the building in the other direction. “Whichever one you ladie wish to pursue, I am fine with myself as well.”

Hearing the info gathered by Varvara, Senna nods.

"Well, seems like it'd be best for us to get some semblance o' rest before we head out to some tombs, yeah? I'd personally be fine with goin'. I'm a bit hurt myself, but nothing too bad. Only problem is whether or not you guys can keep goin' on. I generally have little problem with either path. Much as I'd like to know what's brought us here, no reason to go about doin' things recklessly. That's a good way to get yourself killed."

Edelmei's eyes lit up at the mentioning of a tomb. "A tomb. That sounds interesting. A thousand-year-old tomb." She gave Senna a small smile. "I can heal you again if you need it before heading out. I still have a few spell left today." She said.

"Oh, you want to go now?" The drow looked around thoughtfully, one index finger lightly scratching a spot on her neck just below her right ear. "I'm definitely up to it, if you're in a hurry to follow the mysterious voice thing. No problem here, except I think we should get some lunch first. Maybe pack for the hike, too? Hope you all brought a purse."

As the Sylph speaks of healing her, Senna turns to her.

"Well, that's what I was gettin' at, y'see. While I am hurt, and will likely need healin' down the line if there's dangers in this tomb, we can't go forever. Be best for us to prepare as much as we can before headin' off, no?"

As Varvara adds her two cents, Senna motions to her. "See? Gettin' some sort of restin' done might be good. Probably won't heal my cuts all too much, but it'd be a bit better to go walkin' about in a tomb on a full stomach, yeah? I wasn't fully expectin' to wake up in a place I've never been before this mornin' so prep's probably for the best."

"Alright then let us get some lunch first. We can plan the next course of action while eating." The blue lady was eager to search the forgotten tombs of old, but she wasn't eager to displease her traveling companions.

The Golden Nugget

The inn called the Golden Nugget didn't have any of the wealth that it's name implied. It was a run down place that had seen better days. The chairs and tables were old and worn, but in decent shape. Behind the bar were a man in his early thirties with perhaps twenty pounds too many on his belly, but a smile on his lips. He was cleaning a mug with a towel as the four women entered his establishment.

The man's eyes were fixed on the women as one more exotic and beautiful woman after the next entered. There were a few other guests at the place and a woman about the same age as the man seemed to be serving a mug of ale to a guest. She looked at the four women and then at her husband that was oogling them. "Eyes up Bernik Oakenbough." She said loudly, eliciting a few laughs from the guest she was serving.

The man looked confused and nodded. "Of course my dear." Before saying to the arriving guests. "Welcome to the Golden Nugget. What can I offer four beauties such as yourselves?"

"Ho, Bernie! Bernie's wife." Varvara waved to both of them on her way to a stool at the bar. She slung one leg over it, and the rest of her followed in something of an upward pour until she wound up seated, leaning on both elbows.

"Let's start with a round for the girls an' me, let 'em decide the rest with their whistles wet." She glanced back over her shoulder at "the girls" with a smirk. "Me, whatever's on the menu and fills the belly. Got a hike up inta' the woods after, and don't want to spend it thinkin' of supper."

As the group heads on into the battered building, Senna looked around at it appreciatively. She hadn't spent much time in taverns in a while, even one in such a state would be welcome. Seeing the man at the bar ogling the group, then being summarily scolded, the sellsword chuckled lightly to herself, quickly hopping onto a stool next to the drow.

Hearing Varvara's order, Senna nods. "Can't rightly start drinkin' right about now, so somethin' easy. Water's probably for the best. As for food," she motions towards the drow next to her, "I was thinkin' the same thing. Need somethin' that's filling." As she awaited the others orders, then the food itself, the sellsword drums her fingers on the bar, looking over the run-down building with a look of something approaching admiration, though for what purpose eludes the mercenary herself.

Back
Top Bottom