Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Drow Wars, Chapter 1 (Team 1) [NSFW]

Seeing the goblins come close, as well as Edelmei coming forth to zap one of them, Senna nods, assured on her next action as she takes a swipe at the Goblin that was just hit with electricity.

Attack on Goblin 1: 14
Damage if hit: 6
Will attempt to parry any attacks towards me, to an assured failure.

Tessa let out a low growl, biting her lip to cover the whimper of pain as the arrow sliced her arm. The bright eyes stared down at the open wound before turning to the goblin who shot her in a harsh glare.

“This is my favorite shirt I am not trying to get blood on it you bastard!” She growled before taking a deep breath to carefully aim her bow and firing another arrow.
Sacrificing move action to activate Bullseye shot and attacking. Attack will automatically miss.

Well, Varvara wouldn't have recommended charging up ahead like that, especially without even thick clothes on. It was why she had opted to hold back herself. But now the two of them had gotten right into it. At least the blue one apparently had some magic at hand.

She scowled. Now she'd have to use her own magic. She hated doing that, no matter what gran said about it being a blessing. Still, she wasn't about to let allies get themselves killed; just wind up outnumbered herself, that way. Much like these goblins were about to be.

She started forward, hitting a sprint within three strides. By the fourth, her nails had extended and spread into jointed sheaths of something dark and hard that covered her fingers completely. On the sixth stride, she jumped and brought her claws and the weight behind them down on the burnt goblin before her feet hit the ground. Three to two now.

Moving up to whatever space is left open, next to the two melee critters. Swift action for shifter claws and standard to attack the one Edelmei zapped last round. Hits 23AC for 5 piercing.

The two creatures with the bows fired at Tessa again. However this time their arrows fell short and missed their target all together. The bard returned fire but it seemed like she was intent on trying to scare the creatures with her warning shots - not that it seemed to have much effect.

The dark creatures in close combat with Senna and Edelmei attacked the two women. Senna's agile maneuvers managed to keep her out of reach of the wicked blades of the creatures. However Edelmei took a blow to the leg, making her hiss with anger.

The dark elf rushed forward to aid her new allies and carved up the goblin that had already been damaged by the sylph's magic. The creature's arm was ripped off by Varnara's claws and as it fell dead to the ground it began to dissolve into the smoky mist that it seemed to have come from.

The sylph's draconic claws ripped the other goblin to shreds and like it's companion it also dissolved into a cloud of black smoke.

With the two goblins dissolving, Senna moved to attack one of the archers. Her sword neatly lopped off the head of the creature made of darkness. And like the two others it also dissolved .

Round #2 results:

Goblin #1 - Dead
Goblin #2 - Dead
Goblin #3 - Dead
Senna - used no panache
Edelmei takes 3 points of piercing damage

Round #3
Initiative:
23 Varvara
23 Enemies
20 Edelmei
11 Tessa
8 Senna

"Well hell, that was easy," the drow remarked as she stood up straight. She eyed the last survivor with a glance over her shoulder, then jogged up to join Senna, already nonchalant.

"Drop the weapons!" She commanded when she got close. The voice was not nonchalant. The voice was imperious and very unamused, no matter what the smile suggested.

Moving up to the last enemy, casting Implant Urge to make it want to please her. And psychic casting means it's not obvious! DC 16 will save to resist. It's a mind-affecting compulsion, but not language-dependent.

Edelmei casts a spell at the last creature and a jolt of electricity shoots out from her fingers but misses the shadow goblin by several feet.

Standard action: Cast Jolt. Misses attack by A LOT!!!

Senna, seeing the drow rush forward, figured to keep up the front line by continuing to rush forward, at the last of the goblins. Hearing the command Varvara issues the goblin, the sellsword holds her weapon at the ready, to cut the foe down.

Move action up to the final goblin. If it's succeeded its save, then it's an attack, otherwise, Senna will ready to attack.
Attack (if applicable): 8
Damage (Probably not applicable): 9

Tessa frowned as she watched her last arrow fly nowhere near her mark. "Well, that's embarrassing." She groaned to herself. At least her new friends seemed to handle the situation. They made it look easy, the ferocity they took down the creatures with, dispatching all but on with apparent ease. It was hard for the young bard not to feel a bit insecure. Was she the weak link of the group? It sure felt seemed that way. This was certainly not the first impression she wanted to make.

Tessa ran forward several yards before readying her bow again, ready to strike if the creature did not surrender.

Readied action, attacking the goblin if he makes a hostile action. Attack will automatically miss. Again.

The following moments seems to be an enormous clusterfuck for the four ladies. Varvara's command seemed to be ignored by the creature, Tessa's arrow missed the beast but almost hit Senna, Edelmei's electric spell went off course and Senna's sword carved neat holes in the air.

The shadow goblin however dropped it's bow and drew a sword and hit Senna with it. Senna's parades didn't do much to deflect the attack and the sword hit her in the side, drawing blood yet again.

Round #3 results:

Goblin #1 - Dead
Goblin #2 - Dead
Goblin #3 - Dead
Senna - used 1 panache
Senna takes 4 points of piercing damage

Round #4
Initiative:
23 Varvara
23 Enemies
20 Edelmei
11 Tessa
8 Senna

"Idiot," Varvara grumbled, just before tearing into the violent little monster with both hands.

Full attack hitting AC 13 and 19 for 5 piercing each.

Senna winces as the sword connects with her, hissing at the beast slightly, before letting loose on it with her sword.

If it is alive, come Senna's turn, it will be crit with a 21 to confirm for 16 damage. If it isn't alive by then, I suppose Senna's actions won't matter :)

Edelmei gave up on trying to hit the creature with her spell. Both Senna and Varvara was in the way now. So she drew the knife from it's sheath in her belt and moved up to assist the two women.

Move action: Draw weapon
Move action: Move to engage

“Damn it!” Tessa growled. This was beyond humiliating at this point. Her first fight with her new companions and she couldn’t hit something to safe her life.

Tessa took another deep breath before aiming her bow again.

Readied action, will fire if still alive on turn. Will most likely miss. 7 to hit.

Varvara slashed out at the shadow monster and cut deep into it's guts. But it survived and lashed out against Senna, hitting her arm with it's sword and drawing blood.

As Edelmei moved in, drawing her knife, Tessa fired yet another arrow, missing everyone. However the woman with the sword lashed out and decapitated the creature.

The body of the creature dissolved in the thin air just like the three other before it, leaving the battlefield before the stone circle in an eerie silence.

Senna takes 2 points of piercing damage

Seeing that the battle was over, Edelmei sheathed her knife. She looked at the others. She herself was lightly wounded and it seemed like Tessa had taken an arrow. But Senna seemed worst for wear. She had been hit twice and was bleeding. The blue woman turned to the blue eyed woman with the sword and with a gentle voice that didn't match the wicked claws that had grown from her fingers moments before, she said, "Would you please allow me to take care of your wounds Senna?"

As the others take care of their injuries, the drow walked the short distance to where her dagger had fallen. The casing on her hands was already crumbling into dust and vanishing in the sea breeze, and by the time she crouched to collect her weapon, she did it with ordinary soft flesh. Then it was back to the pack she had shrugged off near Tessa.

"You gotta relax, honey," she told the girl, with a smile and a voice to soothe lambs. "I know everything is chaotic right now, and I don't mean don't be nervous. You're just trying too hard and filling your own head with doubts. It'll be okay. Relax."

Last edited:
Once Senna had released the burden from the goblin's shoulder, she would quickly sheathe her sword, hissing in pain all throughout the motion. As Edelmei made her way over, the sellsword idly glanced at the sylph. When he spoke in a gentle voice, Senna nodded idly, leaning in towards the Sylph to give her free reign over her arm.

"Do as ya wish, Edelmei... The pain ain't too kind."

Edelmei knelt before the swordfighting mercenary and inspected the wound. Then she laid a hand on the woman's body, just beneath her breast and mumbled a few words and slowly the wounds began to close. It didn't bring her up to full health but it did sate the pain and staunch the bleeding.

The blue woman looked up at Senna, "There you go." She loved the look from the kneeling position but eventually got up. "I can heal you more if you need it, but I think it would be wise if we saved that resource for other eventualities."

Edelmei noticed that the others were getting ready to move on. She looked inland. There didn't seem to be any other kind of life nearby. However along the shore of the mainland towards the west seems to be a small village. And inland due south seemed to be some derelict wooden structures in the hills. To the east on a hill was a lone windmill.

Cure light wounds for 4 HP

Disappointment, shame, embarrassment. It was hard for Tessa to find the exact word she was feeling as she watched her last arrow go zooming past her target. She had always thought herself a skilled combatant as well as a musician. But watching her new companions easily dispatch the enemies while she struggled to even hit one of them. It became crystal clear she still had a lot to learn.

“Damn it.” Tessa groaned as she stowed away her bow. She had to do better than this. She had to be better than this. Her attention turned towards the Drow approaching her direction. She couldn’t help but hang her head slightly, expecting to be scolded for being completely useless and almost doing more harm than good. But instead she was greeted by a voice gentle enough to calm even her most wild nerves. Her eyes opened wider at the words, they were gentle and kind. Far kinder than she thought she deserved. The frustrated lines that had formed on her face softened and faded away as her rosy lips formed into a small smile.

“Thank you.” Tessa said softly, running a hand up the side of her face to brush her long hair back out of her face. “You are right. I am sorry, and I will do better. I let my nerves get the best of me. Are you okay? You are a rather remarkable warrior. All three of you are.”

Senna was perfectly keen on letting the sylph do what she needed to do to heal the sellsword. As the energy rushed in to knit her wounds closed, Senna smiles as she watches her arm get to a better state, before giving a small bow to Edelmei.

"Thank ya kindly, Edelmei. More healin' shouldn't be necessary yet, I don't think. Better to save it for someone who truly needs it, yeah?"

The sellsword looks to Varvara and Tessa as the human laments her poor accuracy. Senna thinks the drow has a bit better of a handle on things, and lets her take care of it, waiting for the two to be ready to head out further.

Varvara just shrugged and examined her close-trimmed nails, looking contemplative. Maybe a little embarrassed too, the way one foot scuffed the dirt, like she was half trying to walk out of the topic. "I've just had to run off coyotes a lot, that's all. Mom says I have a blessing. Dad says not to let the humans find out. So much for that, huh?"

The blue woman nodded at the scantly clad sellsword's appreciation. "You are welcome. Anytime Senna." She answered.

When Tessa began to praise the other three for taking care of the shadow creatures, the others got a look of what a blushing blue person looked like. It was as if the intensity of her blue skin increased just a bit at the archer's words. "Please don't think of me as a great fighter. I was simply lucky. The real heroes are Senna and Varvara." She looked with a little admiration from the human swordfighter to the black elf. "They really knew what they were doing."

But quickly she tried to change the topic. "What do you think we should do from here on? There's a village it seems over there. And there's also some things over there." She pointed towards the mill to the east."

Tessa couldn’t help but smile a bit and let out a quiet giggle as Varvara seemed so casual about her abilities. Maybe it was a difference in cultures, maybe her family had a reason for wanting her to hide her abilities. It certain seemed a bit strange to Tessa, something so wonderful should be applauded, not hidden.

“Well, a blessing or otherwise. I am certainly impressed! It’s a remarkable gift.” She said giving the drow a smile before turning to the others. “Please, no need to be modest Edelmei. You were wonderful as well. I promise I will try to be more helpful if we run into any further troubles.” She said giving an affirming nod. Tessa had the confidence to back up her words, but she couldn’t deny that doing so poorly in their first encounter had certainly been a hit to her pride.

The young bard turned her attention down the road. “Aye, the village seems as good of a place as any. Maybe it will be a friendlier greeting than we have gotten so far.”

As everyone seemed to agree with Tessa, the small band of travelers headed towards the village. After about half an hour walk the four of them approached the village. The little settlement had clearly seen better days. Many of the wooden buildings seemed to have partly collapsed. The town square was little more than an open muddy space, cut with the ruts of wagon wheels, with a squat stone well in the middle. Off to one side was an inn, the largest building in the vicinity, whose sign proclaimed it to be the Golden Nugget. Opposite the inn was an open shop with baskets of dry goods set out front. An aged woman sat by the basket mending a net and narrowed her eyes at the strange quartet that approached.

bronce.jpg
The village of Bronce

"Welcome to paradise, girls!", the drow cheerily proclaimed. There had to be some irony in it, but she genuinely didn't seem to be put off by the surroundings. She mustn't have been put off by the suspicious glare, either, because she headed directly to the netmaker. With her ambling pace and thumbs tucked casually into the straps of her backpack, she looked like she could have been a local gone to market.

"Grace and greetings, grandmother! My friends and I are passing through, and we're not here for trouble. We heard a story that said Starkweather John and his trusty sword were last seen around here, and I, at least, would like to pay my respects. Don't suppose you could point us in the right direction, eh?" She slipped into the role of spokeswoman as easily as she had taken up the lead departing the island. And at least she did seem comfortable under the inspection of a stranger.

Back
Top Bottom