Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Miami Beach University

"Salute," she said with a raise of her full wine glass. The right damn way to pour wine, none of the 5oz bullshit. In the sand with some shade and a cool drink in hand it was a perfect day. Gordie's comment on the need for shade brought a small scoff rumbling in her throat. "Just not in the mood to get skin cancer. Having healthcare is nice, don't get me wrong, but those docs at the VA are fucking butchers."

Eren had gone off with Lily for a swim. Irene noted how hesitant he was as he stood at the edge of the sea. Cammi seemed to tear herself from Winston to help Eren with possible fear of water. Not that she blames him. Sharks, sea snakes, dolphins. All kinds of hazardous shit in the water. Movement caught her eye and Irene looked over as a blond girl got up from the bar area in a long sleeved sweater jacket thing. Boy Irene thought she was nuts wearing leggings but that took the cake. She went right up to Lily, apparently the blonds knew each other. Irene glanced around again, suddenly struck by the sheer amount of blonds in the group, herself included. Guess blonds did have more fun.

Most everyone was in the water by then, swimming and playing. She puffed her cigarette, scanning the group as Erin spoke of her hobbies. "Video games huh? Explains the high kick," she said with a small, amused snort. "Tekken fighter or some shit? No idea honestly," she said with a self-depreciating grin. Gordie invited her to go skating with them should they go again. At least she wouldn't fully embarrass herself in front of anyone else. Gordie was the only one to see her with such weakness. She opened her mouth to agree that it would be fun when Erin suddenly jumped up, asking her spot to be held and ran off for her boyfriend. Irene tipped her sunglasses down to watch the girl leap onto him. "Well alright then."

Mentions of a game of volleyball were tossed around. Irene was definitely not about to play. Walking in sand was a bit of a trial even with her boots on and she was enjoying letting her toes breathe for a change. "I'm good," she said with a small, dismissive wave. She caught Gordie's look, darting between her face and her ankle. Irene tensed, her jaw tightening and her ears getting hot. The puzzled brow raise and comment only made it worse. Yet a very tiny, quiet part of her thought it was kind of sweet. While obvious he was sitting out because he was sure she wouldn't be able to play, turning it to his potential inebriation was very mildly appreciated. She managed a very, very small chagrined smile for Gordie. "Most of the internet I'd think," she added with a snort of a laugh before taking a long drink of her wine.

"So why the USA Gordie? Don't get me wrong, love my country would still be in the Navy now if I could but...I mean there's a few things they're doing up in Canada that I'd like to see here. Health insurance, weed...but I wanna keep my guns. So why come here for school?"

Speaking with: Erin(@Aluora) and Gordie(@BennyQ)

Winston noticed Cammi move away with Eren to get him used to the water. He knew they had talked so he was going to not be so latching and just enjoy the moment. He moved toward the net for volleyball considering whoever wanted to play.

Winston was standing there with Anna just watching. “Come on you can bounce around a few with me.” He said catching himself glancing back at Cammi but focused on where he was right now. He was wondering on whom else was coming if any.

Tagging: Eren (@Damien_Akira), Anna (@di moon), Cammi (@alona98), Jason (True Grave).

Jason laughed as Erin tackled him. As he stood up, he gave her a smile.
"Thanks, babe. What would I do without you?"
He kissed her back. Jason chuckled as Erin challenged Eren and Cammi to a chicken fight.

"I could go for that. It's been a while."
He hoisted Erin up on his shoulders.
"There's gators in these waters," he said in his Crocodile Dundee accent, "Can't have them eat you."
Looking at the beach, he saw everyone having a good time. Jason had definitely chosen the right school to go to, as there was nothing like a beach to bring everyone together.

Tagging: @Aluora

A tall shadow crossed over where she was tapping the ball with her fist, and she looked up to see Winston. She remembered him from the little get together in her dorm. “Hey,” she said with a grin. She also noticed how he looked back towards the water, and looked towards Cammi. “I’m a big girl, you don’t have to keep me company if you want to go swimming with them,” she said with a chuckle. “Someone mentioned volleyball, but then everyone scattered…” She was used to it.

“Heads up,” she said, popping the ball over towards him. “I’m not that great at this game.” She was short, she didn’t jump high, and she wasn’t a fan of getting hit with things, so she tended to shy away from the ball.

“From my usual observances-they were distracted by volleyball jigglies to fleshy-ear-muffs...You’d think guys would have better lines than Wanna play chicken? to get a girl’s thighs wrapped around their heads,” she said with a smirk.

==

Company: Winston ( @Gannameade )

"How do? Anna right?" He asked as she looked at her then followed his eyes and he felt kinda embarrassed. "Nah, I went swimming but my mermaid got away." He chuckled. "Yeah the mermaid." He smiled. "Yeah the call of the water I guess."

He moved to bop the ball back, he wasn't that tall but he loved volleyball, not that great on sand but indoors he was killer and could even spike despite now being super tall. "This was my game back in high school, actually if I could have lettered in dodgeball I would have." He winked. "Don't worry I will go easy on you."

"I thought I did, but I guess being afraid of water, trumps wanting to get to know you." He shrugged. "Some guys have all the luck." He continued to bop the ball lightly too her just to keep it up between them.

Company: Anna (@di moon )

"Yeah, I'm Anna," she said with a grin. They'd just met for a second, and he'd certainly had his attention elsewhere. She should probably be glad she was remembered at all. Kaegan had been the one to suggest everyone meet up for drinks in their dorm, and Anna had just...Been there.

She moved her arms, her inner forearms stinging when when the ball made contact and went launching back towards him in a gentle arch. "We could always put some pastel extensions in your hair, and you could be your own mermaid?" She suggested with a giggle.

"I'm used to them all going off into their own little worlds." She shrugged. "They're having fun. I can make my own." Then again, she hadn't been overtly flirting with any of them. She could see how that might be a happy mood killer. "So, you would have lettered in volleyball if you could have...You doing any sports, or you a brains guy?"

==

Cammi watched Eren's expressions go from I'm gonna be okay to are you crazy ( which was mean for her.). Once he gave her his hands she made sure she had a good grip on them before she started pulling him further from the shore.

" See this is not so bad. " She said giving him a big smile
After a good five minutes she decided it was time to let his hands go.
" Okay, I'm going to let your hands go....Kay everything's fine you got this." Cammi told him as she started to release his hands slowly
@Damien_Akira

" I would but I suggested volleyball and need to get back over there soon." Cammi said to Erin
@Aloura

Winston had to fight himself from thinking the being deathly afraid of water thing was a straight ‘player’ move. He had to admit it worked. He could never play that shy guy role typically. He tried to be a bit more black and white, he had a few grey hues he thought just not too many but who knows college was about the experience right?

“Nice to meet you Anna. Hmm now we got jokes?” He smirked. “Next you would be wanting to change my eye color and give me a tail. I see your game.” He was enjoying her giggle.

“What you don’t have anyone to hang with or your just used to being alone?” He could see she was abit of a loner but he wasn’t always the life of the party either. “I think so, but volleyball was much longer than football season and since I am here on scholarship…that is what works for me so there is that. I am a Pre-Med major/Comp Sci minor. So I guess I have some brains I don’t want knocked out on the football field yeah.” He let a light smile play over his lips. “You?”

Company: Anna (@di moon )

“I always got jokes,” she said with a chuckle. When he said she’d want to change his eye color and give him a tail, she snorted. “No, but maybe some cute ears or horns,” she joked.

The question about her having people to hang with earned a shrug of her shoulders before she gently smacked the ball back his way. “I’m content in my own company-kinda had to be. Girls I grew up around were pretty two-faced, so I had to learn to be my own best friend.” Though, that sounded bad. “The girls here seem really nice, though. The guys seem alright.” She wasn’t worried about being alone around any of them so far.

“I’m used to constantly being surrounded by people, but being a little apart from them. I tend to notice things-like who goes giving little heated glances at whom-along with who returns them.” There were a few folks who were obvious, and a few that seemed like they were more than just passing acquaintances. “I’m sure Kaegan would hang out if I asked, but his workload is pretty heavy. I don’t want him to feel obligated to do something when what he really needs is some sleep.” She chuckled. “Been figuring out how going to school on campus works-I’ve been doing online classes for years because of competitions, so definitely different.”

He asked about her. “Majoring in Communication Arts and Business. Going to be taking over the publicity department at my dad’s firm, eventually. Being a young socialite looking for a suitable husband wasn’t really a career path I wanted to follow. My mom drives me nuts, so I didn’t really want to drive myself nuts reminding myself of her every time I turned around.”

==

Tagging: @Aluora, @LilGunner

“Jigsaw puzzles are lowkey kind of great. Can just lose oneself in them.” Gordie found himself agreeing with that, perhaps the most old person hobby mentioned. But just because he engaged in a fast pace sport didn’t mean he disliked certain sedentary activities. The excitement that bubbled up in Erin at the offer of ice skating was adorable, like the offer of a good, long walk being issued to a very good dog. He didn’t think it would be that thrilling but there was something about her humour and light that made him laugh. “Whenever you like. I think you’d do amazing if you got roller blading experience.” He said with a nod. Just like his sister, damn.

He laughed again when Erin voiced how she needed to save Jason from drowning. The man was lucky to get such a cute lifeguard. “Good luck!” He waved when Erin ran off.

“You teaching your protégé all the violence, eh?” He then commented to Irene. He didn’t think Irene would go for volleyball, though he had half a mind to do so, enjoying physical activity even if it was something brand new. He knew some of the gestures and poses for volleyball, having done a little back in Seattle. Irene asked about his presence in the USA though, why he came here for school when Canada had a lot better benefits. He shrugged his broad shoulders. “Parents already moved here before I finished high school. If I already started, I might as well finish right? And you got way better universities here than Canada. Certainly more fun. Maybe I’ll go back there after.”

”Did all my high schooling here. University too. I mean the two countries are basically very similar. Same television, same music. All of that stuff. Honestly it should just be one big conjoined country, with the best of both. But there is ten americans for every one canuck.” Gordie chuckled with a raise of his eyebrows at this fact. That of course meant at least five more girls for every canuck but he was pretty sure he found the one he wanted.

”You’re not up for volleyball then? I don’t want to leave you here. Maybe you can come keep score and threaten- I mean, encourage, us to do better.”

Back
Top Bottom