Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Sherlock Holmes and the case of the omni-powerful love canal (Cylian and Phoenix only)

She felt him grow closer as he leaned in toward her. Her gaze dropped from the rising numbers above them as her head tilted to peer directly at Holmes. Crimson curls shifting and brushing across his cheek as she did.

Deep pools of green met him directly when he looked at her. Curiosity dancing in their depths at the man that was sniffing her. Under normal circumstances, she’d have likely drew away but they were in an elevator and she really didn’t have much room to escape should he decide to descend on her again if he wanted. What she wouldn’t admit to herself at the moment was that she didn’t mind him doing it either.

”Hmm?”

Her brow perked questioningly as the strange words escaped him. She recognized it only as Japanese or something similar but did not understand what he’d said in the slightest. It wasn’t any that she knew. She nodded, confirming that her sister indeed had worked in cryptocurrency.

”Much to my parents chagrin, I didn’t have the same knack that Elenor or Evan did for cryptocurrency. I became a journalist and that moved more into photo journalism. El, my brother and our parents actually reside in the much more prestigious Westever Towers. So yes, she did quite well for herself.”

She said quietly, leaning her head back against the wall behind her as the elevator continued to climb. She was quiet until Holmes spoke again.

His question brought a soft huff of a chuckle from her as her head lifted. Color blossoming gently over the apples of her cheeks.

”No. No, my sister was the uh, amorous one. Me, I stayed in usually. I...I was the nerd, the book worm....so....”

She shrugged her shoulders softly, tucking her hands back into the pocket at her belly and was ever grateful that the elevator finally had reached her floor and allowed her and him a brief reprieve from her awkward stumbling over her own words.

She led the way to her apartment and had her key, producing it before seeing the police had set their locks in place. Stepping back when Holmes stepped beside her and set to work on them. She watched in curiosity, her head tilting. He was certainly an enigma.

And she was lost in that thought when he straightened, his hand preparing to open the door and asked his question.

”Huh? Um, no, no attack dogs or....dungeons of any sort.”

She blinked, that color rising softly again as she laughed.

”Not unless my sister or the police did some quick renovations while I was out. So....I can’t make any promises.”

"It doesn't have to be something here per say, it could be something that could lead us down a corridor. I haven't been chained up in months and I will leave the determination on whether or not I have been a good boy or a naughty boy up to you." Sherlock wistfully stated as the the silver fox cautiously stepped inside. It was all furnished quite well it seemed, whoever did all of this work was quite the fashion designer. But when she mentioned books the man's ears perked up as he turned over to her and looked directly into her eyes. Those vast, engorging mahogany eyes looked down at her as they observed her form with intense scrutiny.

"A reader, hmm?" He offered her a sly little grin as he took a moment and turned around from her. "Well, please make sure that when you pass by again you visit the fourth floor study. I actually have some books still in paper. There is nothing quite like the smell of a book; except for maybe a dirty room." The swagger that came from the man made it a little obvious what he thought of. Though he was rather well known through out the city as a genius eccentric erudite who focused on the institutes if higher learning. There was never any knew about his personal life. Aside from a random assortment of stories no one knew anything about the man. He was a mysterious enigma wrapped around a conundrum with the curious painting of an unsolvable riddle.

"There are some lovely pieces here. Care to explain anything about them, I am sure you visited your sister. I didn't think a crypto currency trader would have such fine taste." Sherlock stepped around the apartment as he looked around the living room and there it was; her outline. The white tape that signified the loss of life. The man looked around as his eyes focused around. This glass was a special, tempered polymer that protected against most guns. There was nothing here on the windows. Or was there?

Holmes ran his hands against the windows as he tried to find something against the windows. He looked around as he waited for a response...

Stuffing the key back into her back pocket, she followed him into the expansive flat. Her attention focused on the zipper of her hoodie and undoing it as she chuckled behind him, followed by a quiet clear of her throat.

”Well....I.....”

She stuttered to a stop, both mid step and mid-sentence. Nearly running into him when he’d stopped and turned. Emerald eyes found his roaming over her and all thought fled. She felt a flush rush along her thighs and stomach, and through her frame at his scrutiny.

His question broke her from the trance he’d seemed to have grasped her in. She blinked and nodded. Pointing behind him, she silently indicated the bookshelf built into the staircase, filled with paper books. Or rather partially filled. Some were fake, fillers and nothing more, but he’d be able to tell the real from the fakes.

”I know the smell of books quite well. The other....not so much.”

She admittedly quietly, with a bite of her lip before she unrooted from her spot and skirted around behind him, headed for the stairs.

She paused, gaze turning to the framed photographs that hung on the wall to her right. Keeping her gaze away from the outline, the place she’d found her sister. Briefly she wondered if Holmes had done it on purpose, a distraction. One she gratefully latched onto.

”I did visit her apartment, several times. You’re right....”

She offered a faint chuckle, half glancing in his direction before turning her gaze back to the images hanging on the wall.

”She had no taste in art and you’d think with as often as she visited me here in my apartment, she’d have picked up on some of it.”

She went silent for a few minutes, a thoughtful pause before she pointed at the nearest framed image. A small colony of stray cats in an alleyway, an elderly man bent forward, hands tucked behind his back.

”Part of a piece I did on the North end. The man would feed the strays behind his shop and sing to them, every day at noon.”

She smiled, remembering the story before moving on to the next picture. Food, piled high and plenty on a platter. From a story that was done about a high end restaurant. Others included every day people around the city, with their own stories that made the images more poignant with their accompanying stories.

There were two she spoke nothing of however, they hung over the glass that ran the length of the floor and rose along the expanse of wall. One above the other, just above her desk. Realistic paintings, antiques from the early 1800’s. The original Sherlock Holmes, during one of his fights. The artist was as much a mystery as the subject of art.

She turned, shrugging from her hoodie as she watched his inspection of the windows and his surroundings. Wondering idly how long his attention would be captured by the inspection and if she’d have time to go up and change into some clean clothes. Cursing herself for not having a curtain or something. But it had always just been her here.

"I see, well at least you finally revealed some bit of truth to me. Now the next question is how much of what you have told me is real or fake? While I am certainly a great detective even the dangers of truths and lies still impedes me. So tell me, what is really going on?"

Sherlock walked away from the window as he turned around and stared down at her. There was something different about this stare, it was almost as if he stuck his hand into her to open up her mind and heart. But he remained the smarmy man that he was.

"I am honestly surprised she found those pieces however. She must be quite the collector or quite simply lucky. But if one thinks of the fact that she is being chased down to be murdered... maybe not so lucky? But hopefully she will open up enough to give me something to use. Admittedly this case of mistaken identity is interesting."

Sherlock continued to move around as he knelt down besides the lifeless silhouette as his eyes surveyed the room. "Or will I have to guess some more? I mean, it can be a fun game. Watch, you are a C cup and the drapes do not match the sheets..."

He looked o so cocky as he smiled to her.

“I haven’t lied to you.”

She quipped, an undercurrent of defensiveness there. Strained beneath her soft tone. She had not in fact lied to him, about anything she’d already told him. She just hadn’t told him everything, she supposed.

She drew in a slow breath, her emerald gaze fluttering to meet his quietly for a moment. She swallowed thickly, her chest rising and falling as her lips pursed inward together.

”That’s why I’ve enlisted your help. No one was supposed to know Elenor was here. She....she was covering for me, in case our parents stopped by or called. I went out. Where and for what is inconsequential, in truth. I don’t go out often, except for work. It has nothing to do with this.”

The words rushed softly from her lips. Her hands fidgeted beneath her hoodie as it draped over her arms. That was truly all she could think to give him. She truly didn’t know what was going on. If the person or persons that had murdered Elenor had killed their intended target, she couldn’t say why. As she’d already told Mr. Holmes, her sister was a lot of things but drug dealer was not one of them. If Evie herself had been the intended target, she couldn’t have told him why or even give him a suspected answer because....she had no idea why anyone would want her dead either. Her work consisted of good stories, therefore good and heartwarming pictures, never anything nefarious in nature. Never any reason to feel the need to murder the photographer. She clearly never went out very often. She didn’t do or deal in drugs.

”I don’t know what is going on, Mr. Holmes.”

There was no room for questioning whether she was telling the truth or not as her last words escaped her. Her gaze had softened on him, pleading and begging for him to figure it out. To help her.

She seemed to hold her breath, unable to look away from him, until he himself moved away and knelt beside the marked area.

Her feet shuffled for a moment and she blinked, offering a soft snorting chuckle before she started toward the stairs.

”C plus. Now....Whether the drapes match the sheets, you’ll have to keep guessing, hmm?“

She began to climb the stairs, peering down at him, a cheeky, small smile meeting his.

”Behave, Mr. Holmes. I must change. I’ve been in these clothes for far too long. But by all means, if you have any other questions, I can hear you.”

She mounted the final step and moved around the far side of the bed, gathering clean clothes as she went. She faced the far back corner, where even if he didn’t behave and looked up, all he would see would be her back for the most part, as she stripped her shirt from herself. Hair cascading like a river of fire along the bare, pale curve of her back. Shifting only when she carefully removed her bra and replaced it with another and a clean, plain black T-shirt. She wiggled from her jeans and panties, her bed acting as a partial dressing screen. Once she was wiggled back into a clean pair of jeans and undies, she flopped back onto the bed, pulling on a pair of calf boots. She sat quiet and still for a moment before she flirted around the small space that constituted her bedroom. Packing some more clothes and essentials into a small shoulder bag. She knew it could be awhile before she’d be able to come back here and while she had no idea exactly where she would be staying, she knew she’d need to find somewhere temporarily. She paused at a set of shelves, fingers tracing over the covered lens of the camera, after a moment of contemplation, she refused to leave it behind and hung it around her neck before she turned and looked over raised space around her, making sure she had everything she might need.

If one expected Sherlock Holmes not to look, they were in for a rude awakening. He kept himself still as he looked up and over to her current situation with clothing. He had not really looked at a woman in a long while, not since she... Sherlock quickly shook his head as he didn't wish to think about her. This case continued to get all the more interesting as he again continued to look. There was something he was missing here and he couldn't really get a good grasp on it. His mind was a little more foggy than he expected, most likely due to his disease.

"If I were able to figure out the murder weapon this could be a much more easier situation to solve. But then it wouldn't be so fun!" Holmes continued to look around as his eyes continued to dart the occasional look at Evelyn. Her curves and slender body certainly caught his attention, more than wished to admit. Sherlock had a thing for red heads, they were lucky Prime was not there, speaking of which. Sherlock took out his phone and decided to check up on Prime.

"So, found anything interesting?" Sherlock asked quizzically as Prime scoffed. No doubt he hated this kind of grunt work but there wasn't much that could be done. The security room was essentially a treasure trove of information and he needed it, truly. Soon enough a host of files were sent to Holmes' device as he saw through them all. Elenor and Evelyn sure looked the same, besides the dimples and maybe the fact that Evelyn had sightly nicer curves. But there wasn't much in the videos until there was one that finally had a small lead to it.

Elenor walked around the apartment as something had shot her and she fell down onto the ground. It was such an odd thing, how could have anything gotten through these specialized windows? That meant that Evelyn was actually still in danger! Sherlock dashed though the house and quickly pushed Evelyn to the ground. He placed a finger on her lips as the sound of a ricochet echoed in the bedroom. Of course, he had pressed his body on hers a little suddenly in order to keep her safe. But now they were being shot at...

And Sherlock looked for some reason a little exhausted. His skin was a bit more pale than normal, he also seemed tired as his breath was a little labored. There was a cold sweat on his brow as his mind seemed to be busy with other possibilities. "We need to get out of here... there is a sniper. But I need to try and get that bullet. Stay down for a moment." Carefully, Holmes went and took the bullet, but he also took notice that he was not shot. Maybe it was a simple automation that did this?

"Prime hack in and turn off all the lights please." Within moments everything was dark as with the bullet in hand, he quickly lifted Evelyn up and took her out of the apartment. "Well that was not fun. It seems that there are people out to kill you..." He said it rather matter of factly as he took a moment to examine the bullet that some how, disappeared into nothing within moments. "Now that is impressive..." It was no wonder they believed it was an inside job, the bullets some how disappear.

She was busy scanning over everything, making sure she had everything and hadn’t left anything behind to signify that she’d been there. She could only imagine the uproar if the Arbiters noted that she or anyone had been in here after it had been locked down. Although, if they’d been thorough, they’d note at the very least the disappearance of the camera.

Maybe she should lea........

Her thoughts were interrupted as she toppled back to the small space of floor between the stairs and the end of her bed. A surprised and confused grunting oomph escaped her. Her lips clamping shut behind Sherlock’s quieting finger. Emerald eyes blinked curiously up at him until they were jerked away as she followed the sound of the ricochet. Her neck craning to try to find where it had hit. She could see a small chunk of wood blasted out of the side of her bed, not far from where they’d landed.

Swallowing a thick lump in her throat, her heart thundering in her chest, her attention snapped back to Holmes when he spoke. Taking in the pale of his skin, feeling his breath wash over her cheeks. She thought little more of it than exertion from catching her before the bullet could.

She nodded softly, she could feel herself shaking softly beneath him, she knew she wouldn’t be getting up to go anywhere right that second anyways. If he hadn’t been here, she’d have died, the same way her sister had and that made her a little weak in the knees. She found as well that she had a grip on him that she hadn’t realized she had and only when he tried to move did she feel the pull of his jacket in her tightly curled fingers before she released him.

When he grabbed her hand and pulled her to her feet, she went easily enough but she was indeed still shaken and she stayed close to Holmes as they navigated the darkened apartment until they reached the hallway. Her eyes squinting softly at the light before she stepped back and gave him a soft but incredulous look.

”No shit, Sherlock.”

She managed past the lump in her throat. She licked her lips and leaned back against the wall, her eyes drawn to the bullet as he examined it. Her gaze blinked and shifted from his hand to his face, silently searching for his features it seemed for an answer to what she’d just seen. Her lips fell open and worked a moment before she was able to actually form a single word question.

”How......”

How had someone managed to kill her sister.....inside her apartment? How had they managed to shoot at her just now....inside her apartment and how had the bullet just.....disappeared?

"Well this is certainly an interesting situation, it is no doubt that the Arbiters are not going to be able to solve this, after all, I have found door knobs that have more intelligence than them, But most likely, searching for clues here now is going to be impossible. Now my dear if you have anything else you wish to say about what you were doing that night, that would be grant. And I am still suspecting ancient fire god sex orgy with that vibrant red hair of yours. But, if they can find your face than staying away from me might not be the best idea."

Sherlock took out his smart phone and texted out something. "Well what do you plan to do now? You are certainly up shit creek without a paddle, but luckily for you there is a silver lining in this terrible cloud. I guess I have to offer you a place to stay while I do research, anything that can harm you is certainly going to try. We can at least keep you safe and no your delicious curves are simply a bonus. So come on, I guess we will need to order things for you as well. We will have it come to a PO box." Sherlock soon headed back to the elevator as a gentle button press led to them waiting for the elevator.

"So I only have three things for you in regards to rent and so on. First, enjoy the food i make. I rarely have guests over and cooking for myself has become rather boring. I will need to speak to a certain provider but I am sure I can get things taken care of. Secondly and one of the more important rules, make sure to clean up and pet Captain Snuggles. He is a new little kitten and needs to be socialized and he seems to like you. So you will need to enjoy time with him. And lastly, once we step inside, do not go outside unless it is with me. You are essentially a target and if you are not near me I cannot keep you safe. And you will get a tour of my building when we get back."

As the elevator came up, Holmes only smiled towards his blushing red headed new ward as he walked inside of the elevator. "Coming?"

Still reeling from the fact that she’d just been shot at, in her own apartment, and he had jumped on her....just in time, coupled with his rapid fire commencement of words that she tried to keep up with and make sense of in her current state of mind, she kind of blinked at him. Her lips hanging open just slightly.

His comment about an ancient fire sex God orgy caused her to snort chuckle. The shake of her head, while certainly could be taken as her telling him no, that wasn’t it......was actually to shake the image that tried so desperately to lodge itself in her pretty little confuddled brain when it registered the word sex, along with the still very present feel of him laying atop of her.

By the time she’d come to her senses enough to try to reply to him, he had continued and threw her for quite another loop around the “what is actually happening!?” block.

All she could do in fact was blush, the color rising to her cheeks as she blew a soft breath from between purses lips and almost violently jerked her hoodie sleeves over her arms as she stepped into the waiting elevator with Sherlock.

She was quiet for a long few seconds as she settled quietly beside him, casting furtive side glances at Holmes before she finally spoke.

”I’m sure a few of the club rats that night would have been down for an orgy and my sister might have been quite proud but.....no. I still fail to see what El saw in that sort of thing.”

She finished quietly, and lingered in silence a moment more before she spoke again.

”What do you mean, order me things? I have things.”

She lifted the bag she held slightly, signaling that she did in fact have things. But it really did make her wonder if she had enough things. This was turning out to be more than she might have imagined. Things were changing rather rapidly but at least they were changing, instead of growing stagnant and unresolved by the Arbiters.

They wouldn’t have offered her a place to stay, a safe place anyways. She’d already, very likely be dead in fact and she wouldn’t have had the privilege of him throwing himself on t.....Nope! Nope! Stop that thought right there, Evelyn Marie Cartwright!

She cleared her throat and fell silent for the rest of the elevator ride down, fidgeting instead with the camera laying against her chest, anything to try to take her focus off of things she shouldn’t be thinking about.

"Well it is all about hedonism Evelyn; the wild and untamed humanity of people in the middle of sex. The freedom to tell society to go to hell and to take their petty rules and shove them real far away. Just saying that sometimes acting free and allowing our more base and primal instincts some time to stretch their legs is a good thing. But come on, we need to get going back to the compound. Any moment you are in a place that you can be spotted in can be a disaster of brain splattering proportions." Sherlock ushered Evelyn towards the elevator as they eventually took it back down.

"In case you cannot tell I am currently a little flabbergasted that a bullet disappeared before my very eyes. I have no idea what to search and even any possible residue is gone. Which means that currently I have very little leads aside from what Prime could hopefully grab. I mean, what could be so bad about living with me? Have you ever had a truly sublime cinnamon roll? Do you even know what a cinnamon roll is? Like i said, staying inside with me might be your best option for now." He spoke in a very matter of fact tone, almost as if he was going through a line of facts and he was just right.

That might be true but they eventually met with Prime as the pair exited from the building, Prime however took a specific position next to them. No doubt he meant to protect her in case anything happened. "So we might need to buy you some more things, unless you want me measuring you and making a W.A.T.S.O.N make it for you. I know number 221 would have a grand ol time with that." As they continued outside, the pair suddenly dragged Evelyn away as it became obvious that they were taking a long way around because of the buildings. They provided a natural defense.

"As you most likely expected, the only video that was of any use was her being shot at. There was some editing done on the file so we will need to work through that for now. Once we get back we can begin editing the footage to get to the truth." Sherlock gave a slow nod as the group began to take the longest way possible back to the compound. There were so many stores in this side of town.

”Yeah, I know.”

She chuckled, even as she blushed. Her sister used to rib her about that damned blushing all the time. Evie was the sheltered one. She wasn’t a prude as her sister at times questioned, not by any means but she was reserved. Perhaps being pushed at books and kept away from boys had a major role in that. At any rate. She cleared her throat and settled into the elevator in a moment of quiet contemplation.

”You’d have gotten along quite well with Elenor.”

She said softly. Cringing at the whole brain splattering proportions portion. Causing her to tug a little more at the raised hoodie, aiming to hide deeper in its darkness, as she had initially.

”I’m right there with you. I....didn’t even know they could disappear. Then again, I’ve never been shot at. Don’t know why anyone would want to shoot at me.”

She admitted. It really did baffle her. She didn’t know why anyone would want to shoot at her sister either for that matter but it would seem, after the incident in her apartment just now, that her initial contemplation was correct. Elenor, it seemed, had been murdered because of her....and still she didn’t know why.

She shook her head when asked about cinnamon rolls. She had never but they sounded delicious. She’d had cinnamon toast once and it had been tasty.

She glanced sidelong at Sherlock, a smirk flirting across her lips as she peered around the edge of the hood at him.

”Are you sure? Sounds like you’re trying to fatten me up like a Christmas goose, to eat me.”

As the elevator doors opened, she disappeared back beneath the hood but he’d hear the soft giggle. She was teasing him.

”Who would I be to deny a Watson his grand time?”

She quipped before the pair with her carted her off and out the door. As they guided her around the long way, she didn’t question it. Instead, she walked in silence, listening as the two of them discussed the situation and what they planned to do. Though during a lull in their talking, she did interject with a curious question, regarding her required duties with Captain Snuggles.

”Does he have any toys? What kind? Oh.....does he like treats?”

The sudden barrage was brought on as they started passed a pet store. If she was going to take care of the kitten, she would need to know these things. However, she didn’t wait for Sherlock to answer either before she fell back a step or two and dipped into the pet store before either Holmes or Watson could stop her.

"Well, if you must know there are actually two cats." Prime spoke as they entered into an vibrant and electric wonderland of animal comfort. From toys too treats and everything in between, everything was set on display for the consumer. "You have already met Captain Snuggles, but there is another cat at home that, despite the fact we all warned him.... we all tried to prevent this." Prime ended up showing Evelyn a picture of the great and wondrous Sherlock Holmes running away from a cat. The detective only shuddered in dismay as a single name escaped his lips.

"Sir Paws-a-lot..." Holmes seemed rather irked at the energetic cat who chased him around. "He is, as you Americans say, a pissed off teenager. But here Evelyn, buy what you wish for the cats but make sure that Captain Snuggles gets the better toys." He pointed out as Prime followed Evelyn around the store to keep her safe. It seemed that the detective was busy with something on his device. Most likely it had something to do with the case.

"He has been wanting to watch that video for the last 10 minutes. Well lead the way towards the great bounty of spicy kitten treats." Sherlock remained outside as Prime decided to lead Evelyn around. All the while, Sherlock began to comb through various scenes from his device.

Last edited:
She stopped just outside the pet store door, leaning to see the picture that Prime presented. Her lips forming first an “o” of surprise and then a giggle tumbled from her lips as several realizations hit her at once. There was a second cat! That thrilled her to no end to begin with but the scene that played out in the picture tickled her to no end.

”I don’t know whether I find it hard to believe or ironically hysterical that Mr Holmes is running from pussy.”

She quipped and loud enough for it to carry over her shoulder to the man in question. With the multiple times that he’d brought up sex in any form, she’d deflected and she knew she’d deflected. So much so that it may have come across that she was a prude, perhaps a virginal one at that but she was no such thing, in either direction. She was however guarded, she always had been.

”A male calico, he’s probably pissed that he can’t make babies.”

She chuckled, bounding forward and into the store. Leaving Prime to catch up, knowing it wouldn't take him long, he was right on her heels and Sherlock to scour over the video.

She led Prime through the store, all smiles and excitement as she browsed over everything. Food, both dry and soft. Treats galore indeed! And toys! Lots of toys! Small balls with bells inside, some with lights that strobed as they rolled across the floor. A wand with a butterfly at the end of an elastic rope. Catnip filled, felt toys. A small cloth pillow, tied closed with a ribbon and a bell attached. A catnip filled “kick” pillow. Oh she could see both of the cats enjoying that one! A small cloth cube, holes in each side. A crinkly tunnel that she explained could be put together with the cloth cube to make a little play fortress for the felines to run through. Two cat collars, one for Captain Snuggles and one for Sir Paws-A-Lot we thrown into her basket. And a cat tower, not quite as tall as Prime perhaps but a little taller than Evie was, with multiple branches and places for the cats to stretch out or curl up in.

With all the smaller things in basket, she made her way up to the counter, Prime a short distance behind her as he lugged the cat tower behind.

She bounced around on her feet lightly, humming softly as she dug into her back pocket for her device and started pulling up her payment wallet.

”Oh! Definitely need one of these!”

She squeaked excitedly as she spied a laser pointer near the register. Scooping it up, she tossed it into the massive pile of toys as Prime approached.

"Possibly, I just think that he just hates Mr. Holmes." Prime only watched from the side lines as Evelyn had gone wild with the money in question. Even for a being like Prime, it was difficult for the being to keep up with his feisty charge. Eventually he only looked over the massive order as he scratched his head. "Captain Snuggles might allow you to place the collar but Sir Paw? That might be a problem. That cat hates everyone, I honestly don't even know why Sherlock saved him. It might have been his own manic curiosity. And now he has a cat that essentially owns a floor. He even steals fried chicken when he wants the little bastard."

As they finished their purchase and eventually met up with Holmes, who was still busy with his video, he eventually stopped what he was doing and looked over the all the bags. What was all of that? "What is all of that?" Sherlock quickly asked as he looked over the rather heavy bag of toys and treats. He had never purchased anything for his kittens before but this was utterly insane! Why was there so much stuff? He then checked his phone and saw the actual amount of money she spent. His face some how turned even more pale as the detective only closed his phone and walked away.

"I think you broke him with your insane purchase Evelyn. But that is his fault for giving you his money. I personally find this all to be quite the joke. It is always funny to see him utterly shocked by something. And apparently you have managed to do it twice in one day. Good job." The trio eventually walked home as the titular Captain Snuggles waited by the door like the perfect kitten that he was. The small kitten's curiosity was palpable as he meowed sweetly to them.

"I guess you might be a bit hungry for some actual food Evelyn. I guess, despite how you bought so many things, I should feed you. So tell me, what are you interested in before I get to work?" Sherlock asked as he turned to her and placed his hands behind him.

She chuckled at Prime, a shoulder rolling softly.

”Can’t do anything but try. If he won’t wear it, Captain Snuggles will have a spare, yeah?”

She beamed as they exited the store. At Sherlock’s question, she grinned a bit broader, lifting the bags slightly.

”All of the Kitty essentials, times two, since I didn’t know about Sir Paws-a-Lot.”

She rocked onto her toes, still beaming and excited. She was ready to take care of one cat, she was certainly not opposed to taking care of two. In fact, she seemed to revel in it.....by the sheer amount of things she’d gotten for them both.

She cast Prime a side glance as Sherlock turned and started away but couldn’t help the soft chuckle at Prime’s words as they moved and fell into step with Holmes.

Any reservations about what she’d bought and spent fled as soon as she spied the little black and white kitten, peering at each of the in turn as they mounted the steps. A few steps away from him, she knelt and dig through the bag for his collar and she pat her knee and tsk’d softly as Sherlock addressed her. She let the kitten sniff the collar before she gingerly slipped it around his neck and fastened it. Grinning brightly as Captain Snuggles rose up on his hind legs and pawed her knee, showing off the collar with a tilt back of his head. Evie laughed, the sound bouncing along the walls musically as she scooped the feline up and drew him against her chest, facing Sherlock as she scritched Captain Snuggles along his chin, jaw and between his ears. She could feel the steady purr coming from him as he nestled against her.

”Whatever you feel like making, I’m sure it will be perfect. In my defense, I was going to use my own money but Prime took my device.....”

Her gaze shifted to the Android, her hand held out toward him as her fingers wiggled indicating she’d like her device back.

”.....which I need back, please. I get it and why.”

The seriousness of her tone crumbled quickly into a giggle as Captain Snuggles began adamantly pawing at her wrist and fingers to draw them back to scratching his little chin.

Last edited:
Sherlock had disappeared into his kitchen as Prime took a moment to return back to his recovery pod. A different one came on by, there was a number on his hand, 112. "Prime had to go for a recharge so here I am." There was something slightly more whimsical about this one. But not that that mattered, Captain Snuggles lived up to his name as he wanted attention from the red head. Curiously, the fluffy Captain had nibbled playfully at Evelyn as 112 looked over the bag curiously.

"What is all of this?" It seemed the android in question was confused about the entire necessity of the cat toys. But, the gentle Captain Snuggles did look fetching in his new collar. However, from the darkness came a low cat rumble. A predator was after them as 112 turned over and sighed heavily. Sir Paws-A-Lot was on the prowl and he seemingly wanted everything from the bag for himself. "Looks like we have a certain mean kitty who is after us. Be careful."

112 turned over as Paws had growled lowly at not only the new human, but also the little new adornment on Captain Snuggles. Was the the new kitten who got the fancy collar? Another off fact about Paws was that he sported hetero-chromatic eyes, the other one was a pristine blue as the cat inched closer. But it also might have been the smell of garlic that summoned him too. Something happened inside of that kitchen rather quickly.

She giggled as her fingers waved playfully at the kitten, the bell jingling softly as Captain Snuggles pounced at them.

A beaming smile turned upon the Android as it drew near, her eyes casting over its number. She couldn’t help but ask in wonder.

”How many of you are there?”

When he asked his question, she chuckled and dug a few small toys from within, holding them up for him to see.

”It’s mostly toys and treats for....”

Hearing the low growl, her attention shifted to its source. The smile remained, even as Captain Snuggles worked his way up to her shoulder and burrowed himself beneath the waves of her hair and settled along the back of her neck, peering out through the curtain of crimson.

”...both of the cats.”

She finished her explanation to 112 before tilting her head, shifting just slightly on her feet as she continued to kneel and fully found the source of said growl as he stalked closer.

”You don’t scare me, Paws. Come on, come see what I’ve got for you.”

Even as the bigger cat hissed and growled at her, his ears pressing back as he slunk a bit lower, she held her ground. Digging a bag of treats from the bag next to her.

”It’s not Sherlock flavored nor fried chicken but it’s chicken flavored, hmm?”

She shook the bag gently as she peeled it open, extracting a few small chewy bits into her palm. She held them at floor level for a brief moment before setting them out a short distance from her and waited, the smells coming from the kitchen igniting a soft growl to commence from her belly.

"Of us? At least 120 of us maybe?" 112 stated rather non-chalantly as the sheer amount of laws Sherlock broke with so many of them was preposterous. Even the most high ranked arbiters only had a dozen at most due to the potential damage caused to their brain stems. Yet, he just seemed rather fine. Still, the fact that Evelyn tried to bargain with that psycho cat Sir Paws was worth a chuckle. "That cat isn't going to listen to you. Again, we have no idea why-"

Paws cautiously walked over to the snacks and chewed on them. Yet, it didn't seem too happy. Most likely the vivacious cat had been spoiled by Holmes and his constant fried chicken. But it seemed as if Paws wanted more as Captain Snuggles, true to his name, snuggled up more tightly against Evelyn. It seemed as if the two cats didn't really get along too well. Which only made the smaller kitten worry against his older house mate.

"Well... maybe you can figure this out and allow us to get back into the library. I miss reading." All the while the smell of food tickled the air. Whatever was happening smelled divine with a little bite of something. But what was it? Paws now wanted more chicken treats like the greedy and spicy kitty that he was. "And now he is going to harass you for more treats." But Paws did at least come a little closer, maybe Paws found Evelyn a little less threatening?

She scoffed and blinked at 112 with a touch of surprise lighting her gaze. 120....at least. She was well aware that arbiters didn’t possess near that many. She was also already aware that Mr. Holmes didn’t seem to follow the rules to a tea either, so the fact that he had any didn’t surprise her so much as the sheer number did.

A smile beamed slowly across her lips as her gaze dropped to Sir Paws-A-Lot as he drew closer and sniffed at the treats before partaking in the offering. She shook a few more treats out into her palm and this time held her hand out cautiously, the five or six treats plump and waiting.

Paws looked at her like she was crazy. 112 very likely had the same look as she waited to see what the cat would do and she didn’t wait long before a paw swiped out and bapped against her fingers, an accompanying hiss came. She felt the slight bite of claws against her skin, her face scrunching up softly at the sharp pain. Sometimes the warning shot hurt more than if he’d just clawed the shit out of her. But she didn’t flinch. Technically it was her own fault, for perhaps trying to press too soon.

”Duly noted, Sir Paws.”

She murmured softly as she set the treats down onto the floor near him. Popping her pointer finger between her lips as she stood, mindful of Captain Snuggles as he clutched against her neck and shoulders as she rose, cleaning the small bubble of crimson from the pad of her finger before she addressed 112.

”I’m going to guess that he’s about as trained in human interaction as Mr. Holmes seems to be at times. Sir Paws is just trying to establish his dominance with the only other Alpha.”

She peered down at the snacking Paws and chuckled, pointing her finger lightly at him.

”Don’t you worry, you and I will be best friends, in a weeks time.....hopefully.”

Her gaze shifted back to 112 and she offered a bright smile.

”Hopefully that’ll get us all into the library, hmm....because I quite enjoy reading as well. Right now though.....”

She glanced toward the kitchen, her stomach growling a little louder than previously.

”I’m going to see if he needs any help and if he doesn’t, I may just linger around and catch scraps.”

She grinned cutely and chuckled as she made her way toward the kitchen. Offering a warning knock against the doorframe before she stepped into the space.

”Need any help? I....do taste testing for free.”

She grinned broadly and Captain Snuggles peeked his head out from under her curls and meowed cutely.

Sherlock turned over and chuckled quite warmly to both Evelyn and Captain Snuggles. The poor kitten tried to get closer to Holmes but his little legs could not really pounce out of her hoodie. He set the cat down and poured some milk in a bowl and pet him gently. Sherlock certainly spoiled Captain Snuggles and for good reason, he was an adorable kitty. "And taste testing? Are you sure you just don't want to sneak in a bite for free? But fine, I guess I can let you sneak in a bite of one of things I am making. Since you want to be the detective." Sherlock only smiled as he turned over towards his pot and pulled out a small little puffy thing.

What was that? There were peas. some grated cheese as well, there were some fresh peas and some lemon zest. "If you are wondering what that is my dear, it is known as a gnocchi. Put it together with some peas, lemon zest, thyme in a delicious little butter sauce." Sherlock only smile as he force fed her the small little morsel. But, it was such a unique flavor! The potato danced with the cheese and butter while the lemon zest cut through the richness and those peas were a pop of freshness. He smiled to her, almost like a curious little devil as he turned around.

"Now, the other things I am making it a secret and no doubt a lady like yourself is going to have a curious little sweet tooth. So there is something else I am making here. And no more stealing bites, do not pass go and do not collect 200 bit coins." The Detective smugly looked over to Evelyn as he stepped over to a near by wine fridge. "This is actually a nice little vintage, care for a drink? I mean of course you do! Why not?" Sherlock poured her a glass of red wine, it was deeper than blood but fragrant had fruity notes.

"Cheers my dear." With the glasses poured, he clinked her glass and took a deep swig of wine. In that short amount of time, it seemed as if his color had returned. it was good to see him look healthy again.

She noted the brush of his fingers, just beneath her ear, along the side of her neck as he brushed her hair from Captain Snuggles obsidian head. Enough to extract the kitten from its hiding spot. Enough to send a faint shiver along her spine at the touch.

Enough to send a flush of warmth through her. Which caused her to unzip her hoodie and wriggle out of it as he turned to give the cat its milk. She worked on gathering herself as she turned and hung the hoodie over the back of a nearby chair.

She turned back as he spoke, a look of wide eyed innocence etched across her features as she drew closer toward him. The look didn’t last long as he dipped the spoon into the dish, she cracked and started laughing softly.

”Guilty, as charged.”

She beamed cutely at him as she let her hip rest against the counter. Her gaze settling on the ingredients as he drew the spoon closer toward her. Seeing each he specified, mostly. Her nostrils flared softly as she drew in the scent. Her lips opening as he slipped the spoon between them. Her stomach grumbled at her even as she chewed, slowly, making sure she savored the taste. And it was delicious, she couldn’t blame her stomach being anxious to partake in it.

When he turned toward the wine fridge, she slid silently in front of the pot and lifted the spoon as she listened to him, a softly mumbled “Mmhmm” as she scooped another small bite into the spoon and slipped it into her mouth, turning just as he did. Her eyes widening slightly, playfully as a hand covered her lips. She was caught, in fact stealing another bite.

She grinned around the bite as she chewed, a twinkle in her eyes as she tried not to laugh before she swallowed.

”Sorry. It’s good, I, uh, had to make double sure. I can’t wait to taste the rest of it.”

She finally stammered as she swallowed, blushing softly and tentatively reaching for the offered glass of wine. She hadn’t entirely noticed how pale he’d looked, until she noted that he in fact didn’t look as pale as he had before hand. Was it a trick of the light? Was it her scattered thoughts and her hungry grumbling, throwing her off? Had he been that pale before? Surely. Otherwise she wouldn’t have noticed it, would she?

She tipped the glass to her lips, after a curiously distracted ”Cheers.” in return as she watched him quietly over the lip of the glass while she took a drink.

"Remind me to spank the naughty girl who stole an extra bite later." Sherlock only chuckled as his glass was finished quickly enough and he returned to cooking. He seemed to be full of little tricks as he turned over to a W.A.T.S.O.N who quickly gathered up some of the silverware for the pair. A table needed to be set up for the pair to eat, it was an obvious state of affairs. Sherlock couldn't help himself but smile as he finished setting up the first two plates.

It was more of that heavenly gnocchi.

"Come on my dear, no doubt if I let you starve anymore you might consider me a good enough meal to eat. W.A.T.S.O.N 13, plate up the next two courses will you? Everything is already done. The two plates of gnocchi looked like an entire bunch of delicious, fluffy pillows. The creamy and buttery sauce was accented by the flavor explosion of peas paired with the fresh lemon was delightful. "I guess after dinner I can show you my rather nice shower, no doubt. But a good meal before the end of a day is the proper thing to do, now you don't need to steal anymore from my plate."

The dining room itself was lovingly decorated with a precious chandelier and an intimate dining set with a lovely glass table and an over view from the city. The dining room had various paintings of fruit by, what were obviously, old masters. There was even some light jazz that eased them into eating their meal. He took a pair of bites as he looked off at Evelyn. "I hope you are enjoying the meal and yes, I will work on your case again after we are done."

She smirked behind the lip of her glass, finishing what was left. Quietly and slowly she set the glass on the counter, took another peek into the pot and turned to head through the door she’d come in, Captain Snuggles bounding cutely at her feet.

”Good thing I’m innocent.”

She quipped over her shoulder, a laugh fluttering behind her along with strands of red curls. Her quick turn and exit was out of guilt of course, just as much as it was to provide cover for the flush of her cheeks at the thought of a smack on her ass flitted through her head.

”Come on, Paws. More treats and toys for you boys.”

Her sweet voice rang through the floor as she dragged the boxed cat tower to a corner and started setting it up near a window while she waited for Paws to grow curious. Watching as Snuggles played with the box and toys she tossed around for him.

She hummed quietly as she worked, listening to the commotion in the other room as the W.A.T.S.O.N’s bustled about with whatever business Holmes has instructed of them. She had just finished putting the tower together as one of the androids stopped in the doorway, Holmes passing behind it, calling her to dinner as he went.

As she shrugged from her hoodie, she smiled watching Snuggles jump up into the top of the tower before turning.

”Could you put this wherever the rest of my things went, please?”

She asked of the Android in the doorway as she passed him. Following his pointing finger toward the dining room, she nodded and smiled.

”Thank you.”

She watched the Watson trundle down the hall in the opposite direction to dispose of her hoodie and then made way to the dining room. Standing in the doorway, she leaned against it a moment, a cheeky smile spreading across her features as she settled her gaze on Holmes.

”Well, I am just hungry enough to consider it.”

She chuckled as she pushed from the doorframe and started toward Holmes and the table. Her curious eyes stroking over the paintings and other decorations in the room as she moved.

”The promise of a nice shower though will spare you, however......”

A shower really did sound wonderful, as wonderful as the food smelled as it wafted up from the plate to meet her nostrils as she stood just before her chair. A mischievous grin curling the corners of her lips as she lifted her fork and gently stabbed one of the delicious looking pillows on his plate.

”I can not say the same for your plate.”

She snickered as she drew the bite between her teeth and settled fully into her chair and began eating from her own plate.

”Mmm....”

She murmuted softly, in the middle of a bite. Her eyes fluttered to meet his gaze as she swallowed.

”It’s delicious, thank you.”

A genuine smile graced him as she nodded. Her attention drawing briefly to the faint jingle of the cats collar bell as the black and white feline stood in the doorway watching the pair of them.

"Well if after dinner, you wish to clean up than I shall lead you to the shower. It is quite the nice bath as well; marble with stainless steel shower heads and a various amount of tender amenities. If there is one thing I always take quite a bit of time on it is a lovely shower, despite how unkempt I may seem to be. That is mostly because I hate coming my hair in the morning. I am an eccentric gentleman about certain things. Including and not limited to my choice of shower."

As they finished their appetizer, the next plate was brought forward and it was a wondrous piece of food. There was an unctuous serving of risotto topped with several steak medallions. The steak was topped with a delightfully rich pan sauce which only heightened the meal as a whole. There was a fresh bit of salad next to their meal as their wine glasses were refilled. "I am a huge fan of steak and risotto, I have no idea why except that I find the taste to be truly delightful." The steak was cooked to a perfect medium rare as the savory and cheesy risotto brought balance to the meal as a whole. The red wine reduction brought an undeniably rich and complex with earthy herbaceous notes.

"I haven't made a steak this good in quite some time. And please, enjoy yourself, even if you have a mysterious group trying to murder you, there is no reason not to live like actual, civilized people. I just happen to find a certain bit of pleasure in proper hospitality of my guests and you, with all of your beauty and slender stunning features just fit the bill. Wait, did I just admit that I find you attractive? Well that is a rare and rather large mistake on my end."

Sherlock only resumed his eating for now... yet he was not embarresed by his most recent outburst, maybe he intended it to be done that way?

”Eccentric indeed.”

She quipped between bites, a smile tugging at her lips. An amusement danced in her gaze as it lifted first to said unkempt hair and then to meet his own gaze. She found his eccentric nature both intriguing and endearing really.

”A shower would be wonderful after dinner, yes.”

She confirmed with a soft nod as she finished the gnocchi and the wine left in her glass, her gaze watching him over the lip...wondering why she was thinking that sounded like a vague invitation for him to join her. She should have worded it differently. Her brain really needed to stay the course and stop thinking things she shouldn’t be. It had been a day or two since she’d had anything more than a quick wash up. A nice, long, relaxing shower and the ability to actually get into something more comfortable than her jeans and a shirt would in fact be quite wonderful. Maybe she could feel a little more....normal.

As the second course was set before her, she drew in a slow breath, drawing in the scents that drifted from the plate.

”Well, it definitely smells delightful.”

She drew in another breath before taking a bite, a soft sound of enjoyment escaping before she took a second bite. With an nod, she pointed her fork at the plate and offered a smile.

”So good. You should think about making a cookbook. I’d definitely buy one and give it to my parents cook. It’s a little bit late for me to see if it helps her but ya know.”

She chuckled and shrugged softly. Trying not to dwell on the fact that she’d been sort of babbling. Though genuinely so. She stabbed a bit of salad onto her fork and popped it between her lips, in order to shut herself up before she continue rambling on.

She stopped, her fork hovering just over the last few bites of her meal. A soft blush rising over the apples of her cheeks. Her tongue darting between her lips before her teeth clamped down lightly against her bottom lip. She grabbed her glass and took a long and healthy drink of wine. Her gaze settled down, on her plate. Then following her own motion as she set the glass back into the table. She drew in a slow breath, her head shaking softly in an attempt to flip a stray curl out of her face. Her gaze finally rising toward him as a nervous smile curled her lips.

”Well that’s not much different than me having two kind of out of the ordinary paintings of you hanging rather prominently in my apartment......”

She chuckled quietly, tucking the stray curl behind her ear before she returned her attention to what was left of her meal again, trying to focus on it, rather than the warmth of her cheeks. She wasn’t embarrassed, so much as flattered and not really used to such compliments. At least not ones that were delivered with a measure of debonair bluntness. Usually they were by far more vulgar and more worthy of an exasperated eye roll than the flattered blush that he received for it.

Back
Top Bottom